Madeleine McCann general discussion thread #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit my family are always swapping and changes their phones it does my head in.

My son in law has had about 4 in so many months.

IT IS like an obsession to keep up with the latest gadgets lol.

So i dont find this unusual.

Yes I read that about the LI case that was as odd a case as this one.

I purchased an iPhone from a friend but had to change number. In other words I couldn't keep his number so how does one track phone records or pings if the number is not the same?

If tractor man gave his phone to someone else one would assume he changed the number or notified the cell service provider? Anyway that's how it works here

I purchased an iPhone from a friend but had to change number. In other words I couldn't keep his number so how does one track phone records or pings if the number is not the same?

If tractor man gave his phone to someone else one would assume he changed the number or notified the cell service provider? Anyway that's how it works here

Yes good point. They sell them locked to certain mobile providers, and they use their own chip.

I have bought a couple off EBAY from people and just used my old chip as i am on a monthly contract.

I have to buy the same provider though...orange.

Its hardly a comment !! There is reading between the lines etc but to say the story is pure speculation is pretty clear and I cant see how this can indicate that the story is then has some truth ??

the way I read it is that they wont comment on this as it is pure speculation .

but I suppose you see what you see

If the McCanns are privy to the investigation both by SY and PJ then they should not make any comments. That was my point. People will interpret their comments even meaningless comments such as was the case here.

Pure speculation can have different meanings.

spec·u·la·tion (spky-lshn)
n.
a. Contemplation or consideration of a subject; meditation.
b. A conclusion, opinion, or theory reached by conjecture.
c. Reasoning based on inconclusive evidence; conjecture or supposition.

Yes good point. They sell them locked to certain mobile providers, and they use their own chip.

I have bought a couple off EBAY from people and just used my old chip as i am on a monthly contract.

I have to buy the same provider though...orange.

Phones leave unique digital traces even with different sims - Its how providers can disable stolen phones through the IMIE no - your number is dictated by the sim card not the phone -

Its why criminals use throw a way phones - use once and chuck - with detailed knowledge you can change the IMEI no with special equipment - but not straightforward

Phones leave unique digital traces even with different sims - Its how providers can disable stolen phones through the IMIE no - your number is dictated by the sim card not the phone -

Its why criminals use throw a way phones - use once and chuck - with detailed knowledge you can change the IMEI no with special equipment - but not straightforward

It begs the question why the alleged suspect would have gone to commit a premeditated and planned crime, with his own cell phone in his pocket.

Ok, someone might try t explain it with a drug haze, but someone high on heroin would leave a lot of evidence behind. I cannot imagine a dude, drugged up to his eyeballs so much, that he forgets to leave his phone home, but he's able to kidnap a kid from an apartment, leaving virtually no trace.

Good grief....

with the multitude of suspicious Caucasian characters who were lurking and casing the apartment for weeks beforehand preparing for Maddie's abduction it turns out that a drugged black guy did it impulsively in a heroin haze?

So what would that mean in this case? Tractor man had his phone and his family is lying? Or If he gave his phone to someone else would this other person be the suspect?

Good grief....

with the multitude of suspicious Caucasian characters who were lurking and casing the apartment for weeks beforehand preparing for Maddie's abduction it turns out that a drugged black guy did it impulsively in a heroin haze?

Ya and he's dead so he can't defend himself. Express even headlined their article as this guy being a threat to children.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/44...spect-a-violent--who-was-a-threat-to-children

So what would that mean in this case? Tractor man had his phone and his family is lying? Or If he gave his phone to someone else would this other person be the suspect?

JMO if he was a heroin addict it is completely believable to me that he may have been in the habit of selling his phones and stolen ones whenever he needed to make a buck but what I don't believe is that family members would remember which phone he used to have more than six years ago and when he sold it.

Good grief....

He doesn't resemble any of the efits. :facepalm:

http://www.findmadeleine.com

JMO if he was a heroin addict it is completely believable to me that he may have been in the habit of selling his phones and stolen ones whenever he needed to make a buck but what I don't believe is that family members would remember which phone he used to have more than six years ago and when he sold it.

So it may not even have been him who had this particular phone they tracked.

So it may not even have been him who had this particular phone they tracked.

I suppose if they have his phone records they could tell if it looks like him based on who the phone had contacts with. If the phone frequently called his employer, his mom, his girlfriend and his sister it's pretty likely to be him.

not sure what you mean - an IMEI no doesn't tell who used the phone or who owns the phone it just tells us where and when the phone was used - it doesn't tell ownership.

but it will give a pattern about usage regardless of changed SIMS

not sure what you mean - an IMEI no doesn't tell who used the phone or who owns the phone it just tells us where and when the phone was used - it doesn't tell ownership.

but it will give a pattern about usage regardless of changed SIMS

Thanks. Donjeta explained it above.

Frustrating. Wonder how many other phones were tracked near the apartment that day / night.

I wonder how precise the LE are able to tell the distance between the phone and the apartment. Praia is a small town, so...

This guy is the John Marc Karr of this case.... And I predict there will be more.....like every person with a cell phone... Eyeroll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its hardly a comment !! There is reading between the lines etc but to say the story is pure speculation is pretty clear and I cant see how this can indicate that the story is then has some truth ??

the way I read it is that they wont comment on this as it is pure speculation .

but I suppose you see what you see

I agree with the McCanns that the tractor man story seems iffy but even if it wasn't I think it would be their tendency to downplay it since if Maddie was taken as a spur of the moment decision by a now-dead heroin addict and dragged toward a marina it sounds like Madeleine could be found dead in the sea. The McCanns have pretty consistently discouraged theories that would have Madeleine deceased as they've said people won't look for her i they think she's dead.

He was living in Lagos, a 15-minute drive from Praia da Luz, when Madeleine *disappeared.

British expat, George Burke, from Liverpool, reported a possible sighting in Lagos.

He said he saw a girl “remarkably like Madeleine” being dragged along a road to Lagos marina at 6am the day after she went missing.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-...-prime-suspect-pictured-2674021#ixzz2jhW2XXuv

Who was she dragged by?
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Having a drug addict in a family is very hard to live with.
He would sell everything possible.My uncles cousin had a son like this. OMG! HE destroyed the family with his drug habits.
I believe his sister could remember him selling a phone if it was a nice phone.
She does remember giving him her own phone too.

But to be honest, my own logics do not accept this guy as a possible suspect.
The only possible in my logic is maybe him helping in taking the child out of the apartment for some amount of money.. but that can also be anyone..doesn't need to be him.

And his suspicious death can apply to that line of thinking..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts