GUILTY MI - Mariha Smith, 5, Detroit, 24 July 2011

Poor little girl, I haven't read up on this one yet. Hard to believe so many precious lives are being taken.

Are Q and DC on the run together?

I sure hope there is justice in this case, and soon.

I think DC was arrested pinkfly.

Slightly OT, but this article provides some background info on the rising crime rate in the Motor City.

Last Updated: August 08. 2011 1:00AM.

Detroit will put desk cops on street to stop rising murder rate

They'll be on patrol 8 hours a week, adding 40-50 more officers to each shift to target crime areas

George Hunter and Steve Pardo/ The Detroit News

Detroit— The Detroit Police Department is rolling out a program this week to move officers from behind desks onto the streets, as the city is on pace to log the highest per-capita murder rate in a decade.

Operation Inside Out: Night Angels requires officers assigned to desk jobs to put in eight hours on street patrols each week, Detroit Police Chief Ralph Godbee said.

"That will put an extra 40 to 50 officers on the street per shift," Godbee said. "We're going to saturate targeted problem areas, so we can have a strong police presence around these places: liquor stores, gas stations and other high-crime areas"...

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110808...reet-to-stop-rising-murder-rate#ixzz1USGET9S3

Boyfriend of one of Mariha Smith's aunts held
1:29 PM, Aug. 8, 2011

The Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office said a warrant request is not expected today in the case of 5-year-old Mariha Smith, who was murdered last month.

Meanwhile, a Wayne County Circuit Court judge this morning ordered the boyfriend of one of Mariha’s aunts to be held in the county jail on a probation violation.

A spokesman for the Michigan Department of Corrections said Darnell Cheatham, 19, has been called a person of interest in Mariha’s case.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110808/NEWS01/110808048/Boyfriend-one-Mariha-Smith-s-aunts-held

more at link

Nothing new reported on WDIV 4:00 news. Same info that was presented at noon about the court appearance of DC. I can't find anything about whether or not he can get out prior to serving the 45 days. I hope and pray that he will eventually be charged with Mariha's murder. I think Quanita is long-gone. She could be anywhere now, including Canada if she had appropriate ID.

My niece's ex violated his probation and could not get out on bail - in WA state.
I would guess no bond would be set for probation violation.
I'm not an expert.

I hope they hold on to him tight. He is gone with the wind if they let him out on bond.

I hope they hold on to him tight. He is gone with the wind if they let him out on bond.

Sounds like that won't happen. WDIV 5:00 news with reporter near court house where DC made appearance this morning. Judge refused to let DC out "on tether".

Man Arrested in Connection with Mariha Smith's Murder Faces Judge
Probation Violation Sends Darnell Cheatham to Jail

Updated: Monday, 08 Aug 2011, 5:57 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 08 Aug 2011, 5:57 PM EDT

"He's still getting high," said Judge Wade McCree. "But he's going to be clean when he comes back to see me because he's going to be across the street."

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/new...mariha-smith-murder-faces-judge-20110808-wpms

Man Arrested in Connection with Mariha Smith's Murder Faces Judge
Probation Violation Sends Darnell Cheatham to Jail

Updated: Monday, 08 Aug 2011, 5:57 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 08 Aug 2011, 5:57 PM EDT

"He's still getting high," said Judge Wade McCree. "But he's going to be clean when he comes back to see me because he's going to be across the street."

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/new...mariha-smith-murder-faces-judge-20110808-wpms

Thank Goodness. They need to keep him in custody. If they do then maybe Q will show up to testify. IF she is still alive. :mad:

Thanks for finding the info about her children.. I wonder who has them as well.

If Quanita and the kids were all suddenly gone and no one claims to know where they're located, I'm more inclined to believe Quanita is in hiding with assistance. There doesn't appear to be a warrant out for her arrest and she was let go after failing a poly and being questioned. I think she soon after spilled the beans to the PD and gave up Darnell to save her butt. She will be a witness against him at trial imo.

If instead Q just up and split and the kids were left in Detroit with their father(s) or relatives, could be something more nefarious happened to keep her quiet or she just got the heck out of dodge. This is one unpopular lady...

Interested to see how this develops...

ETA: Gosh I hope Q's kids weren't abused DC and/or Q. So many victims...

I would not be surprised at all if Darnell says that he was just disposing of the body and that someone else killed her. Q may be on the run for her own butt.

Person Of Interest In Mariha Smith Case In Court

Investigators Search For Girl's Aunt

POSTED: Friday, August 5, 2011

UPDATED: 4:59 pm EDT August 8, 2011

DETROIT -- A man who Detroit police is calling a person of interest in the killing of 5-year-old Mariha Smith was in court Monday for an unrelated probation violation hearing.

Darnell Cheatham Jr., 19, was arrested Friday but has not been charged in connection with Mariha's death...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/28784266/detail.html

I would not be surprised at all if Darnell says that he was just disposing of the body and that someone else killed her. Q may be on the run for her own butt.

But that is a pretty brutal way to dispose of a little girls body--setting her on fire. Who does that?
And what a stupid move--go buy a beer can full of gas, right in front of surveillance cameras. What a moron.

Last Updated: August 09. 2011 1:02AM.

Suspect in Mariha's death jailed on pot charge

Josh Katzenstein and Doug Guthrie/ The Detroit News

Detroit — A suspect in the death of 5-year-old Mariha Smith is behind bars — for violating probation, not murder.

Three days after hundreds turned out for her funeral, the boyfriend of one of her aunts, Darnell Cheatham, was jailed for 45 days Monday...

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110809...ha-s-death-jailed-on-pot-charge#ixzz1UXMxyq3P

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back