Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there a way to track the movements of a mobile phone? I remember that case of Zahra Baker who got murdered by her step mother in the USA and they used phone records to show that the step mother had been in the area where the remains were found.

I'm not sure how they track something like that but might that be part of the reason they want to find the phone?

they can track his phone . if as some here are suggesting {not me} that he asked his dad for help they could have records of outgoign calls plus track where he went - as long as he had his phone with him

This is definitely one of those things that is very open to conjecture. Generally, why would your children be needing to stay over at one of your own friends for the night? Now, if the children were staying at their own friends for 'fun', then there need not be a reason. But kids dont just stay at an adults friend, unles there is a reason.

a) GBC was going to the conference with her (and they would both be knackered and got friend to look after kids)

But, if GBC wasn't going to this conference with her, why was he unable to look after the children? I know he is a busy person, but really, RE agents, especially principals can arrange to leave at 3pm to pick up the kids/or 5pm to collect from after school care facility.

Or, maybe they were seperated.....and it was Allison's weekend to look after the children and he did live at the parents home, which is why his laptop was there.

Again.......who knows :banghead:

Willough I'm not sure what this had to do with my post that you quoted in the same post. My post was about the kids staying overnight at the Grandparents, and GBC still living with Allison prior to the disappearance. Just a bit confused about the relevance. Did you mean to quote me, or misunderstand me?

Yes, many things said about this case are just hearsay and local gossip. However, in most cases gossip does contain some truth to it (fact with some embelishments). I think everybody is genuinely trying to assist and find out the truth, even those people who post things like "a friend told me", etc.

In my view, it has now been reported by many different people here, that there was trouble in the marriage and he had an affair for 2 years. I tend to believe this. Also, that he was living at his parents home on and off. Sounds feasible, considering the above. The kids could have been with his parents due to him staying there. I don't think the kids were going to a sleepover at a friends house because they are all of different ages. If only one chid was going to a sleepover to a little friends house, then it makes sense, but not the 3 together. I therefore believe the kids were at his parents house (which night? am not sure yet). Possibly Thursday, as reported by hairdresser, which I'm inclined to believe.

I don't think the couple was planning a night out that Thursday. I think they were past the stage of having reconciliatory romantic evenings out.

I am convinced she died at home.

I agree about gossip may have some truth to it. Sometimes the truth gets muddied to something completely different by embellishment.

I have my reasons for wondering about something they may have had on together..But they may be completely unfounded. It was something based on what I had heard. I did not want to elaborate as I don't know fact and would not want to put something out there as thought that was way off or was part of the case or was gossip about a family that is going though so much.

Is it a possibilty that someone seen GBC driving the car at one point and then on the return someone else was driving it??

Or there were two in the car (ABC & GBC) on the first trip, only one on the return?? :(

Just a couple of points of clarification that might help -

The mobile phone signal was triangulated to an area near Rafting Ground Road but it was not all that close to the Allison/GBC house, more at the centre of Rafting Ground Road heading towards Moggill Road as I recall.

Also, re the search of the grandparents house, i seem to recall it was also reported that police seized items from the garden shed as well as the house.

I have just spoke to my husband who works in communication in particular at the moment with mobile phones. He has told me this: details of all CALLS between party is kept on the phone network until at least the next billing period, however what is not kept is the contents of any SMS messages and any emails directed to the phone. SMS messages are stored phone to phone and can be deleted.

Willough I'm not sure what this had to do with my post that you quoted in the same post. My post was about the kids staying overnight at the Grandparents, and GBC still living with Allison prior to the disappearance. Just a bit confused about the relevance. Did you mean to quote me, or misunderstand me?

You stipulated that you felt he was not living with his parents......and I was just adding that I felt that its odd that there would be a need to stay with friends, if he was living at home (surely it wouldnt be above him to have the kids for the night). There would not have been a need to stay with friends, had he been living there..........Unless....he went to conference, with Allison and they were both knackered.

I was just responding to your comment about GBC and the possiblity or yes or no living with his parents.

I have taken a break from this thread for a day or so. I have been interested in working on the facts..because after all they are all we do know. The rest is pure speculation. No offical person of interest has been named, yet we all or at least most of us may have our own views, many pointing the same way. However we don't really know. I have been a little unconfortable with some of the statements and comments on members of family involved in the case. I know most people are thinking one thing in regards to guilt, but it is not yet proven to be so. I think sometimes that approach may cloud judgement or thought on what else may have happened..and after all I guess the facts we know do not look good for the person in question. But the thing is we don't know if police have any other information which may send us down another path. As someone else said in an earlier thread either way this person has either hell to pay, or is in a hellishly horrific situation. Maybe we should just keep somewhat of an open mind that things may not be as they seem to us.

As I said the fact and commentary on them and nutting out from that is a good thing, the wild accusations, rumours etc are not. I have seen many theories put oiut based on something that was only part of the picture of what has been put out in the media. its easy to see how the rumours and gossip starts, when facts get changed slightly.

Anyway, I was interested in the police testing the car around the round about on Friday night and the direction it went in. SOmeone said the colour of the car wasn't important..I think it perhaps was. I imagine when police tested this it may have been between the times they had set out that they were looking for information about. And I think they would try to recreate something as close as possible to what they know. If there were vehicles that regularly travel at that time in that area, perhaps it would have jogged a memory?? ( just my thoughts)

Also the article in the couriermail today, sorry do not have a link, that stated about waiting for the toxicology, interests me a great deal. I think reading between the lines that may indeed be important to police as they stated. (being drugged?)

Ihave my own theories on things that are starting to fall into place.. As I have said previously I don't think it is all as it seems in terms of some of the theories put up here.If the children did stay at the in-laws on Thurs night as someone stated(and I am saying IF, as I know its not verified), IF other suff is also true, and the computer is also of relevance- we know the police still have it(and I don't believe necessarily it was emails they were looking at, but may have as well been that).

Anyway, just adding my 2 cents worth for the day. I do feel things may move quickly this coming week.

I think it was you that started most of us on the wild goose chase saying tht we hadn't delved into what you had heard from a friend of your's...Correct me if I am wrong!!

The mobile phone signal was triangulated to an area near Rafting Ground Road but it was not all that close to the Allison/GBC house, more at the centre of Rafting Ground Road heading towards Moggill Road as I recall.

Also, re the search of the grandparents house, i seem to recall it was also reported that police seized items from the garden shed as well as the house.

It was also later quoted in media that police had then narrowed the area for the phone down to 150m area I believe. Around the Baden-Clay house and neighbouring properties. (this was I think after the body was found)

I think it was you that started most of us on the wild goose chase saying tht we hadn't delved into what you had heard from a friend of your's...Correct me if I am wrong!!

I did state something. And just didn't feel it was appropriate to say what. Unfortunatetly I could not retract what I had said that made people go on a wild goose chase. It wasn't my intention to do so. As I don't think we are going to solve it with tid bits of information. I was simply alluding to more than meets the eye perhaps and maybe what really happened is not, so far, in our realms of thought for possibilites.

That was my understanding too....I couldnt find the article to back that up though, so I didnt add it in.....I was worried people would say "Where did you get that from?"....and then I wouldnt be able to find it.

I have just spoke to my husband who works in communication in particular at the moment with mobile phones. He has told me this: details of all CALLS between party is kept on the phone network until at least the next billing period, however what is not kept is the contents of any SMS messages and any emails directed to the phone. SMS messages are stored phone to phone and can be deleted.

Good info - but can you get the content of sms off the phone ?? forenstically ?/ after all you cant wipe your hard drive completey there will always be traces

My recollection of what was reported is that they searched the shed but nothing else was said with regards to the shed.

That was my understanding too....I couldnt find the article to back that up though, so I didnt add it in.....I was worried people would say "Where did you get that from?"....and then I wouldnt be able to find it.

I did see someone mention that, but I have not seen it in any offical media statement- but that doesn't mean it wasn't there.

Re: The missing iPhone.

On my iPhone I have the find my iPhone app.
Using gps it shows my iPhone at the location where it currently is.
Eg: if I log in now using my apple id (from any computer) it shows my iPhone at my current home address and on which side of the property it is (end room, rhs of property)

Im wondering if police had thought to do this or were even aware such technology exists?

You know that makes sense to me....He lived with his parents, which is why he took the girls there and he stayed there after the disapeerance and

when ABC said to hairdressers how she had the night off tonight bc the girls wearnt there...she really did...as she was living there alone....cos us ladies know...if you have a husband...you dont have a night off eva....unless the husbands away too.....I think if she was living with him, she would have said , just me and my husband having a romantic or night home by ourselves...

Poor bugger, he has come and stalked her by the looks of it....no wonder the cops got so sus....neighbours must have told them how he dont live there anymore...and oh...so why were you here with the wife by yourself when you dont live there??? up to no good -

Maybe they were sharing custody of the children without people knowing as they seem to be both "proud" people....I seem to think for some reason that this is the case and that they had actually been seperated at the time and after he had made the call to Police maybe the best friend or parents had let Police know what had been happening with in the home which made Police suspect something odd.

Maybe he told them that he had come to visit her at 10 and she was watching the footy show.

If the childrens school is just accross the road maybe it was routine for him to bring them to ABC before they went in to school.

Maybe the Roundabout Mystery is that he made quite alot of trips through the roundabout that night... and they are questioning Why?

The other thing is that many text messages are uploaded to people's iTunes account, where their iPhone is backed up if they have that set up.

Also, I have found this

And 2009,
Verizon also in USA said
The actual content of text messages are only saved on the verizon servers for 3-5 days and then the information is purged, unable to be recovered. It takes a subpoena to release the content of the text messages. Once the information is purged, it's impossible to recover the content. The only records that are saved, is the date/time/number the text was sent to and received from.

It was also later quoted in media that police had then narrowed the area for the phone down to 150m area I believe. Around the Baden-Clay house and neighbouring properties. (this was I think after the body was found)

Yes and this area included the rear of the property of the neighbour who's dog was barking and acting distressed.

Re: The missing iPhone.

On my iPhone I have the find my iPhone app.
Using gps it shows my iPhone at the location where it currently is.
Eg: if I log in now using my apple id (from any computer) it shows my iPhone at my current home address and on which side of the property it is (end room, rhs of property)

Im wondering if police had thought to do this or were even aware such technology exists?
They would have first needed to contact Apple with a warrant to access her password, and then log in to the iPhone iCloud to find it. By the time they could have done that it definitely would have lost battery.

That's also supposing her phone was updated enough for that function to work. I know many people that don't update their iOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa