CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
A question I think is relatively neutral; does anyone think it is a good idea for LE to remain so uncommunicative if they truly believe Dylan was taken from the streets and do not have a suspect? I've been wracking my brain and cannot come up with a reason why this would be helpful, either to Dylan or in solving the mystery.

This is really bothering me. If I lived there I would demand some answers. (and I would keep a close eye on those around me, and my children)

I've said it before, part of me thinks they just want to close their eyes and make it all go away.

I'm not saying they don't want to find Dylan, but *if* they can't, they would like everyone just to get on with the rest of their lives, thankyouverymuch.

At least, that's what I'm getting from this protracted silence.

This is really bothering me. If I lived there I would demand some answers. (and I would keep a close eye on those around me, and my children)

I've said it before, part of me thinks they just want to close their eyes and make it all go away.

I'm not saying they don't want to find Dylan, but *if* they can't, they would like everyone just to get on with the rest of their lives, thankyouverymuch.

At least, that's what I'm getting from this protracted silence.

I've wondered this myself and just think LE better hope another child does not get picked up off of the street any time soon or the public will go ballistic and rightly so. If they feel it's a random wandering perp and are not warning the public and he strikes again.......oh boy... they will have a big mess on their hands.

Righto ... here's a 'to do' list for tomorrow: curries - nice and spicy; a few long walks; a bit of hanky panky - ahem; raspberry leaf tea - doesn't taste that flash, but not too bad; and here's new one ...Mars Bars!!

Will keep you busy if nothing else :)

Thanks CW :) mars bars?! Really? That is a new one! Pity I don't like them! No walking happening tomorrow, severely swollen feet and 40+ degrees! I might go for a swim though. So much for bed rest... (Sorry for O/T everyone)

Azgrandma, do you personally know Dylan? If this has been covered, sorry, I blame the baby brain so go easy on me people!

Random thoughts I have had...Dylan flew in, right? Did he meet someone on the plane? Make a new friend? Exchange numbers? Possibly texted that new 'friend' and said, 'Hey can you take me to my friends? My dad can't..' Or received a text from a 'new' friend saying 'Hey, I can pick you up and we can....(whatever).' Or even pre-arranged for 'new' friend to pick him up, figuring his dad wouldn't take him...Did any other passengers disembark at the same place as Dylan? Have all the passengers on the plane been checked out? It could be a good way and possibly unplanned way for a pedophile to meet and/or 'pick-up' a new kid...

I believe LE would have retrieved any and all texts made to and from Dylan's phone. I believe we would have been made aware if there were such an obvious perp around.

I believe LE would have retrieved any and all texts made to and from Dylan's phone. I believe we would have been made aware if there were such an obvious perp around.

What if Dylan deleted those texts ? If he met a new person
and knowing his parents wouldn't approve of him talking to
strangers, he might delete them. Are deleted texts viewable
by the phone companies? I think it's an interesting possibility.

Something interesting happened in the Sierra Lamar case.

LE stated that the dogs tracked her scent to the edge of the driveway.

It was not until an arrest was made that yes they did track her to that point, thus LE did not lie, but her scent had in fact been tracked by the dogs further down the block.

They purposely omitted how far her scent was tracked.

I remember this well. We just don't have enough facts about this case to make judgements one way or the other.

What we do know is there have been no arrests and Dylan has not been found.

yes deleted texts are viewable by the phone company with a court ordered search warrant. each phone company is different in how long they keep the data but certainly in a case like this le would have viewed any calls, data, and texts to/from his phone.

You can't delete what's on record by the phone company. It's only "deleted" off of your phone. (and I'm not sure it's *really* gone off of that...much like a computer)

That seems like a massive stretch IMO . Before the phone went dead at 8pm he started to text a stranger he met on the plane and also had the foresight to then delete them who then kidnapped him the following day ?

Also how would the stranger know Dylan was there as Dylan had plans with R at 6:30am and Dylan had no contact via his mobile after 8pm.

Talking about phone texts I find it kind of strange that ER didn't find it kind of strange when she didn't hear from Dylan after the I'm here message.

She said his phone was given to him with the understanding he would keep in touch.

So am I to believe she didn't hear from him from plane landing 6 ish to MR calling 4 ish the next day and wasn't worried to death about a kid that texted regularly?

Just wondering about that one.

Smaller LE I think I read some place "5" strong has taken a class and read the books but no experience at all.

Somebody help me out here. How many years since a child went missing?

you know all experience has to have a beginning somewhere, it could be good because they're not going to be jaundiced or prejudiced by previous cases.

do we know if any of the local officers have prior LE experience elsewhere?

I think we need to let LE do their job, as slow and painful as that seems to us. I hope they are being as meticulous as possible.

yes deleted texts are viewable by the phone company with a court ordered search warrant. each phone company is different in how long they keep the data but certainly in a case like this le would have viewed any calls, data, and texts to/from his phone.

Good info. thanks. So no matter who or what Dylan texted from Sunday afternoon until he stopped texting, LE has seen that list, deleted or not !

Talking about phone texts I find it kind of strange that ER didn't find it kind of strange when she didn't hear from Dylan after the I'm here message.

She said his phone was given to him with the understanding he would keep in touch.

So am I to believe she didn't hear from him from plane landing 6 ish to MR calling 4 ish the next day and wasn't worried to death about a kid that texted regularly?

Just wondering about that one.

IIRC the text Dylan sent her was around 7pm.

I don't get why you think she should be worried to death that she hadn't heard from him by 4ish on the monday. IMO she would have thought he's with his dad and his friends and that she would hear from him in the evening.

This was a bitter divorce with constant hearings for eight years..

Do you have any thoughts at all that one parent might have abducted Dylan?

Honestly I can see that!

In Parental abductions isnt it true a parent usually vanishes with the child?

What would be the point. to vanish the child and not be with them?

They cant just make them appear again they face lifetime in jail so whats the point?

If it was done to destroy the other parent I think the end result would be a final result.

As I see it the only thing MR didnt get from the divorce was Dylan.

Er moved on and was sending Dylan on his court ordered visits.
Seems she was following orders to me!

Could they hate each other so much that a child is harmed?

I dont think so!

I would HATE to think so!

IIRC the text Dylan sent her was around 7pm.

I don't get why you think she should be worried to death that she hadn't heard from him by 4ish on the monday. IMO she would have thought he's with his dad and his friends and that she would hear from him in the evening.

I would think she would text ot call him every evening hes away!
thats what I do when my kids are at relatives and such!
At the end of the day say goodnight love ya and how was your day! What did ya do? Where did ya go? Are you having fun?

JMO

Righto ... here's a 'to do' list for tomorrow: curries - nice and spicy; a few long walks; a bit of hanky panky - ahem; raspberry leaf tea - doesn't taste that flash, but not too bad; and here's new one ...Mars Bars!!

Will keep you busy if nothing else :)

..and a long car ride on a bumpy road!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members