UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy.... someone posted earlier they thought the feces might have been dried blood Nathan vomited. (forgot the medical term sorry)

Is it possible if there really was feces smeared on the walls it was Nathan who did that in his rage?

This seems to be getting harder for me as the reality of it sinks in..... :(
I can't stop hugging my little oneevery chance I get thinking about little Ethan and what he endured. :(

It's known as 'coffee ground emesis'. When blood is partially digested in the stomach, it has the color and look of coffee grounds. It has a very distinct appearance and smell. I asked about what they call a stress ulcer (physiologic stress, not stress-out-stress) because of the vomiting blood... I'm assuming they would mean bright red blood. It occurs in, among other conditions, people with severe trauma. Ibuprofen would have increased the risk (god knows how much they may have overdosed him on that) leading to the ulcerations. I doubt we'll hear the full post-mortem report, but I'm willing to bet it will find a hell of alot more than head injuries and burns.

My opinion: Nathan has his arms around Ethan to show him who's in control. In other words, "Don't even think about getting up from this couch, boy." Ethan looks dazed.

No offense cubby, but it's clear in the photo (and probably more so in the video) he isn't cuddling with NS. He looks flat and in agony.

That son of a ***** choked that baby.

What is tearing me apart is this is the photo/video the police describe as one of the earlier shots and that his injuries got progressively worse.

That beautiful little boy. OMG the torture and terror he had to endure. This is breaking me down. I have never felt this much hatred toward another in my life. Never. If I lived near Layton, I can't say I wouldn't be tearing the jail apart with my bare hands to get to them. I'm shaking I'm so furious.

BBM

Me too.

He had choked that baby.

I'm crying so hard right now I can't see the screen.

I'm not a vengeful vindictive person I swear I'm not but I could cheerfully rip those two limb from limb. I pray someone gets to them. The thought of providing those worthless 's food and shelter makes me want to throw up.

(((((Calliope))))) Take a break if you need too. This is a particularly difficult case. But know - I'm right there with you - hoping for the death penalty here - however it comes.

Salem

The more I think about her taking pictures with the phone, I'm wondering if it was being done to keep a scrapbook of sorts of what they were doing. It seems they have had many photo op times together begining with him taking her picture at the airport that was posted on their The Knot website. It just seems that they both were into taking pictures to keep a running history of their "grand romance" :banghead:
In the part he wrote in The Knot page, he also mentioned that he would kill for her, I would like to know just when this was written and if their evil plan had already begun to be hatched.

Was there some mention of him having some kind of connection to an insurance company? If there is, it also crossed my mind that there may have been a life insurance policy taken out on Ethan and could have been a reason for the sudden marriage so he would legally be his step-father.
I think when they were taking their vows, that in their sick evil twisted mind they were commiting themselves to each other knowing full well what was happening.

There have been many parents who sadly have had a hand in killing a child, the pattern often is to hide the body, but even tho the parent killed them, they will later wrap them in a blanket, taking them somewhere where they can easily be found, what I'm trying to say is there is still some tiny showing of care. Never have I heard of a disposal being as brutal as this, with the female stopping to get slurpys along with the fuel to burn the body of their child.

VB

There is a new video up and it is showing the original again....

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10763286

Thank you.

from the above link:

Salt Lake District Attorney Lohra Miller is not involved in the case, but says because the crime is so heinous and involved child abuse and a murder, it could qualify as a capital murder case.

"This case could be a death penalty-type case," she says. But Miller says prosecutors could have some hurdles to overcome, including the desecration of Ethan's body.
"It's not good enough to show that he died. You actually have to show that he died as a result of the child abuse. And that might be difficult and it might take some time for the coroner to establish," she says.

:waitasec:- I'm wondering if this DA is not familiar with the already known facts of the case, including the cell phone pictures showing the progression of Ethans abuse.

JMO

He had choked that baby.

I'm not a vengeful vindictive person I swear I'm not but I could cheerfully rip those two limb from limb. I pray someone gets to them. The thought of providing those worthless 's food and shelter makes me want to throw up.

(((Cal)))

He had choked that baby.

I apologize in advanced if this is common knowledge to everyone else. I've been trying to follow as well as I can.

I haven't heard mention of NS strangling Ethan at any point. Where was this mentioned?

I guess I need to find out how to get Trisha my credentials as well.
A little OT---
I agree anyone can claim to be anything. I was a pediatric nurse from 1988-2003 and then dabbled in Pain Management for about 2 years. I began teaching CNA's in 2007 until I got diagnosed with Celiac and had to stop working due to my immune system pooping out on me. I passed my LPN boards in OCT 1988. Many people like to call us Little Pipsqueak Nurses. However I held the same position as RN's and BSN's in the office I worked in and even trained new hires.
If anyone would like to PM I'd be happy to provide backup to my claims.

I agree with what everyone is seeing in the picture from May 5th but I would like to add. Due to the swelling of Ethan's nose, mouth and jaw that his breathing is somewhat obstruted at the time... the way he is holding his mouth open... is the way a child with a stopped up nose would do. I don't want to say this but I'm afraid his nose was broken at the time as well.

MOO!!!!

No offense taken Calliope, but for me, I describe sitting in the manner they are sitting next to each other - with the physical contact and NS's arm around Ethan cuddling.

:blowkiss:

If Ethan was in a relaxed state, with his head leaning against him I could agree. But Ethan is sitting up as straight as a board. Seeing the swelling to his face, he had to be in a lot of pain. What I see is a monster who has beaten a small innocent child into submission, at that point the child has learned to not make a move without permission. What I see is the monster showing his control and a baby frozen in fear.

I, along with everyone else here will be haunted by what we're learning. On May the 3rd I was up in Salt Lake, how I wish I could have known what was happening before it was to late.

VB

No offense taken Calliope, but for me, I describe sitting in the manner they are sitting next to each other - with the physical contact and NS's arm around Ethan cuddling.

:blowkiss:

I know what you're saying and I agree. She wasn't documenting his injuries. She was making a home movie, trying to show them together as "father and son".

Makes me ill just to type that...

Thank you.

from the above link:

Salt Lake District Attorney Lohra Miller is not involved in the case, but says because the crime is so heinous and involved child abuse and a murder, it could qualify as a capital murder case.

"This case could be a death penalty-type case," she says. But Miller says prosecutors could have some hurdles to overcome, including the desecration of Ethan's body.
"It's not good enough to show that he died. You actually have to show that he died as a result of the child abuse. And that might be difficult and it might take some time for the coroner to establish," she says.

:waitasec:- I'm wondering if this DA is not familiar with the already known facts of the case, including the cell phone pictures showing the progression of Ethans abuse.

JMO

Oh for God's sake. It's a slam dunk case. Wth is she talking about? Is she a newbie prosecutor?

((ot/ have no furniture and packers already came LOL))

just bumped up puffie's link...

man I wish it was as clear as the original. I think if newsoutlets have them we will also be seeing them soon (NOT THAT I WANT TO! BUT THEY ARE A TESTAMENT TO WHAT ETHAN WENT THROUGH) and also a vehicle of justice in terms of the BULLSH!T his "mother" seems to be spinning as to the involvement she had in his death.

Yeah, I want to see the original screencaps from facebook. Their account is gone now. But hopefully someone saved all these photos.

What kind of a sadistic 8itch posts photos of her abused child on the internet?

It's almost like she WANTED to get caught. Maybe she knew that Ethan was Joe's heart, and if she could kill Ethan, she could kill Joe's heart. And Nathan, with his violent tendencies, would be all to happy to get rid of the competition for his future children with Stephanie.

I think she's as deep in this as Nathan is. I think she wanted all of this done to Ethan. I think she wanted him dead.

Oh for God's sake. It's a slam dunk case. Wth is she talking about? Is she a newbie prosecutor?

Seriously. Um, confessions, pictures on the moms cell phone, evidence from the apartment, and I'm sure there's more. How the hell is that difficult???

(((((Calliope))))) Take a break if you need too. This is a particularly difficult case. But know - I'm right there with you - hoping for the death penalty here - however it comes.

Salem

I'll pull myself together. I apologize you had to remove cursing from my post. I don't even remember what I said. I'll take a deep breath and pause before posting if I find myself that upset again.

I apologize in advanced if this is common knowledge to everyone else. I've been trying to follow as well as I can.

I haven't heard mention of NS strangling Ethan at any point. Where was this mentioned?

I don't remember seeing it mentioned either, but it may be in the documents here: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10746226 I only made it through like 2 sentences of the document before I had to stop. It was just too much to read. So, anyway, it may be in there.

As far as I know it is unedited Cubby. I was responding to Mommy2sarah about the video that it was in. They haven't edited the video they just started showing a different video. The video with this pic is still on the ksl site. Follow the link and then look at the other videos after the first one plays and you will see where the screen shot was taken.

ETA that is clear as mud right?

t5ol1w.jpg

Just a reminder to everyone, the parents of the year (severe sarcasm there) will be in the Davis County court for their formal charges at 1pm mountain time tomorrow.

Also, there is a press conference scheduled for 11am mountain time and KSL will carry that live online and on local TV (channel 5 if you live in Utah).

There are obvious bruises on his neck. I should have said "IMO" I guess. Sorry for that. But after looking closer at the enlarged photo, I'm convinced he had his hand on Ethan's neck. Maybe to hold him while he punched (left side of face is battered, under the eye and his left ear. I'm betting NS is right handed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam