MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO if the dog stayed in the back yard like they said, it explains why they entered from the front of the house.
However all dogs have super hearing and being how quiet things would be at that hour....I just don't know. My mind is just swirling in all directions. Lights, locks, baby monitor, dog, cell phones...oh my!!

Ok, quick review:
1. baby monitor was on, Mom didn't hear a sound

2. dog always barks at noise but didn't bark at all.

Same lie of omission, imo. Neither the dog nor monitor alerted because there was nothing to alert to. What's next? Perhaps a silent singing canary?

JMO

3. All doors closed. Light on in every room so kidnapper had to open the door to each room to turn on a light. Nobody heard all the doors open. Did he close each door too? If so, nobody heard that either. And the door opening and light going on in the kids' room and in mom's room didn't wake up the 8 yr old or the mom. Might have awakened the 6 yr old and so he went into mom's bed? But he didn't wake up mom and say hey mom, there's a guy carrying the baby and 3 cell phones going around opening the door to each room and turning a light on.

4. I'm losin' it.

So help me out with the dog because I've been wondering for days now if they had one or not.

The dog was outside, right? And if a dog is outside a lot and familiar with certain people in the neighborhood, it won't bark at them. Am I correct?

My neighbor has a big black lab and even though I rarely talk to the dog, it knows me and won't bark when I'm next to it's fence.

I do not believe that the dog wouldn't have barked. Maybe it wouldn't have attacked, but I think even a docile lab would bark to alert about an intruder in the middle of the night. I think it would be likely for the dog to bark even if it knew the intruder, if surprised in the middle of the night. JMO, being a dog person....

Some dogs can be bribed with biscuits, ours can. :)

I like to think the best of people until proven wrong, so I'll just say that if I lived in a "working class" neighborhood and was getting by on one income so I could raise my kids myself and my husband was working nights, I'd probably need money to hire a lawyer. I'd make a media deal in a heartbeat if I thought it would not harm the case and would provide my family with help we needed.

Also, it's unlikely that most of us would not have things in our past that might make it to be considered "checkered" if our child went missing. It's the way things look after the fact. Little gambling problem that makes bills late? Many people have that. A DUI? Many people have that. Troubled former marriage, ditto. Only when the child goes missing do these look "suspicious." It's a false form of reasoning, like the conclusions we draw on meeting someone where we've already heard something about them that was negative - whether or not what we heard was true or in context or whatever.

I feel for this family and hope they had nothing to do with it - and I haven't seen any evidence yet to suggest they did.

:floorlaugh: Visiting my Dad in Oklahoma and his neighbors had chihuahuas. One got through the fence into Dad's yard and ran at me, it chomped down on my ankle. Luckily I had UGG boots on. My Dad nearly fell down laughing.

Yup, I have a killer pug and a yellow lab that's afraid of thunder and her own shadow. Go figure. BTW, sometimes my yellow lab's guard dog instinct will come out, but it's hard to predict when. OTOH, the pug is always primed and ready.

It took me a year with my first and third children. Everyone is different.

I agree. All three of mine were different. It's useless to speculate about the mother's health ten months after a birth.

JMO

I don't see that as a confirmation though. Just that he won't discuss the phones. A minute prior he downplayed that anything of importance was discovered on any of the phones.

Sorry I misunderstood the comment. I thought he was confirming there was a call but could not expand on any of the details, duration, who it was to, etc.
Sorry for the confusion, my bad.

I do not believe that the dog wouldn't have barked. Maybe it wouldn't have attacked, but I think even a docile lab would bark to alert about an intruder in the middle of the night. I think it would be likely for the dog to bark even if it knew the intruder, if surprised in the middle of the night. JMO, being a dog person....

What if the "kidnapper" wasn't a stranger?

What kind of a dog doesn't bark? I ain't buying that one, folks!

Brianna Dennison's roomate had a yappy chihuahua that was so bad they all complained about it. It never made a sound even though Brianna was abducted on the other side of a bedroom door.

It depends really. Our dogs bark at our downstairs neighbors til this day. They bark at employees who come by here often. They even bark at me or my hubby when we arrive home at times.

BBM

totally agree. being animal lovers we have had a number of dogs through the years. Some only barked at strangers some bark when the wind blows and some bark constantly. Our current one barks at anyone that comes onto the property, even us, no matter what.

Where is rolla mo from kc? I just got an amber alert for there.

So... another case where the dog didn't bark when a stranger may have entered the house? The dog wouldn't hear someone taking out a screen or even opening the door? :waitasec:

Yeah, I agree, my dogs bark if a squirrel farts in a tree 3 streets over. They are fairly over protectors:crazy:.

Has LE spoken with the kids? I wonder if one of them heard something, got up and turned on the lights? Mine do that just about every night.

Until now, I didn't know the Irwins had a dog! Don't you think the dog would have been on high alert to any goings-on in the house -- because of the new kitten, who was inside with the people and not confined to the yard as the dog was?? I would think the dog would have barked at any intruder or commotion that night. . . .being more attuned than usual to the situation in the house. JMO.

Also -- how do we know all the lights were on? Jeremy said they were, so LE just believed him? Did any neighbors notice?

Any more word about a "party" that night?

I would've said the same thing until my lab adopted us. I swear on my life, she would love Casey Anthony and Jeffery Dahmer.

I'm sorry but I have 4 Chihuahuas and they bark if a leaf blows in the yard. It's amazing. They can sense if someone is even thinking of coming over. They will start barking and 15 minutes later someone is at the door.
And how would an intruder know that the dog wouldn't bark?

I have a 13 pound ShihTzu who is exactly the same way.

If this was an intruder who tried to break into the window, it didn't work, lets try the front door, turn on the lights because I can't see what I'm doing, the dog is in the back, however its in the middle of the night, its quiet, any dog would hear something. IMO

Also, sorry if this was mentioned, isn't 4am an odd time to return from the nightshift? Isn't nightshift normally 11pm-7am?

They have a dog? And it barks if anything is out of order.

And the baby monitor was on, and Deb always hear if the baby cries. All doors are always closed at night.

So let's see - the dog didn't bark (even though someone was reportedly breaking into the house & kidnapping the baby), and DB heard nothing on the baby monitor (but she usually does, that is, if the baby cries, but in this case the baby didn't cry, even though she was supposedly being kidnapped out of her crib in the middle of the night by a stranger).

Can we add these things to the list of "firsts"? The list grows ever longer.

Originally Posted by MyBelle
Ok, quick review:
1. baby monitor was on, Mom didn't hear a sound

2. dog always barks at noise but didn't bark at all.

Same lie of omission, imo. Neither the dog nor monitor alerted because there was nothing to alert to. What's next? Perhaps a silent singing canary?

JMO

3. All doors closed. Light on in every room so kidnapper had to open the door to each room to turn on a light. Nobody heard all the doors open. Did he close each door too? If so, nobody heard that either. And the door opening and light going on in the kids' room and in mom's room didn't wake up the 8 yr old or the mom. Might have awakened the 6 yr old and so he went into mom's bed? But he didn't wake up mom and say hey mom, there's a guy carrying the baby and 3 cell phones going around opening the door to each room and turning a light on.

4. I'm losin' it.

Nope. I don't think you're losing it, Beane. The story doesn't work. I keep trying to make it work, but it doesn't. Leaves me shaking my head....

Where is she? [Ugh!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member