SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same as last week, meaning the search is staying in the same general area as before? I'm not familiar with the roads there.

Dick Scobee Rd/Ronald McNair (where the human bones were found last week and then close to the condo.

Even if LE does assume they have a crime...without evidence of one, how can they proceed? Sure, they can try to extract a confession, if they have a suspect, but they can't take it to court, when they cannot prove she did not just lock up her car and leave. That is what a defense lawyer will say she did, most assuredly.

Well if there is no evidence of one they won't proceed. I'd wager there is evidence of one, it's just a matter of how much evidence there is.
IF LE thinks they know who did something, I think they really want to find her before they make an arrest. I'm fairly certain once an arrest is made the clock will start ticking to have a timely trial and they do not want to start that clock without as many eggs as they can jam into that basket. One very important factor is HE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dick Scobee Rd/Ronald McNair (where the human bones were found last week and then close to the condo.

Thanks, so they are keeping the search in the same general area then. That is helpful information. :)

DISTURBING!!!! I live in Myrtle Beach, grew up in Conway... The media barely reported about the abduction in Conway that occured at 1:30 in broad daylight this past October. The woman was kidnapped and taken to a remote area and sexually assulted... luckily she escaped. I have not seen anymore about this and have no idea whether this man has been apprehended or is still lurking around. I wish Media/News would use thier abilities to report worthwhile and valuable news to keep the public informed... it could not only help solve cases but save a life!!!

http://www.wbtw.com/story/23729853/...ed-woman-in-conway-and-sexually-assaulted-her

DISTURBING!!!! I live in Myrtle Beach, grew up in Conway... The media barely reported about the abduction in Conway that occured at 1:30 in broad daylight this past October. The woman was kidnapped and taken to a remote area and sexually assulted... luckily she escaped. I have not seen anymore about this and have no idea whether this man has been apprehended or is still lurking around. I wish Media/News would use thier abilities to report worthwhile and valuable news to keep the public informed... it could not only help solve cases but save a life!!!

http://www.wbtw.com/story/23729853/...ed-woman-in-conway-and-sexually-assaulted-her

Missing Link...I've wondered about this also! Too many stories like this in our news these days!

Missing Link...I've wondered about this also! Too many stories like this in our news these days!

AGREE!!! I wish I knew about this when it happened... not only for the safety of myself and others... but what if someone saw him or has info... we would never know because it wasn't "BIG" news and it didn't remain in the media.
I am a victim of attempted kidnapping in Conway when I was 11 years old, no one ever knew about it and even though the 60 year old man was caught he wasn't charged... He continued to lurk around for years. It really hits home to me, if it wasn't for my father I honestly don't know if I would have been here today.

LE knows more than we do because LE can...for example access her bank records and see if she had withdrawn a large amount if cash if she was planning to run away or anything. ...purchases of tickets and etc.... and I believe that if that was the case they wouldnt be looking for her...so they probably do have reson to beleive she was abducted and for whatever reason they are not making public the reason why they know that...

Thats not real encouraging i know...but i know some on ws have said that they are not certain that LE kniws that there was even a crime commited ....its just my opinion that it is fairly obvious that a crime has been comitted...m.o.o.

Anyway....what are some other signs that someone is a runaway?...the only thing i can think of is not leaving personal belongings behind....like taking them with you like laptop cellphone and clothes...and also money or purchases of tickets and etc...does anyone know of anything like that?...because that woukd actually be good news... m.o.o.

But if you're leaving and don't people to find you, you might want to leave those things so they can't be traced.

Yeahhhh...the light in the HE pic is inside the circle of numbers on the speedometer...on your pic the light is on the outside of the numbers...

Yes the dashes from year to year vary just slightly. They never change the most uncomfortable seats though....

AGREE!!! I wish I knew about this when it happened... not only for the safety of myself and others... but what if someone saw him or has info... we would never know because it wasn't "BIG" news and it didn't remain in the media.
I am a victim of attempted kidnapping in Conway when I was 11 years old, no one ever knew about it and even though the 60 year old man was caught he wasn't charged... He continued to lurk around for years. It really hits home to me, if it wasn't for my father I honestly don't know if I would have been here today.

:eek: There does seem to be a alot of this type of thing in Horry County. Cannot believe they didn't prosecute someone who tried to kidnap a child.

Throwing in my impression of the hat (or purse)...the emblem looks like silver embroidery of Snoopy on a skateboard :biggrin:

The link you sent had a link on the side to a story of another young woman whose body was found Friday night. http://www.wbtw.com/video?clipId=8848403&autostart=true

The link you sent had a link on the side to a story of another young woman whose body was found Friday night. http://www.wbtw.com/video?clipId=8848403&autostart=true

This is about Amber Berbiglia. She has been spoken of often in these threads and, I'm pretty sure has her own thread here on WS. That was an older article, hence an older story (Amber's).

ETA: This is the thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208106&highlight=amber+berbiglia

:eek: There does seem to be a alot of this type of thing in Horry County. Cannot believe they didn't prosecute someone who tried to kidnap a child.

I probably shouldn't say this but it is true. The man raped a girl in the Hardees Bathroom the same week... but because the victim was from out of town they didnt press charges. The HCP banned him from Horry County... after my father chased the man for 20 mins, they didn't "charge" him because he didn't touch me.... the worst part was it was later disclosed that the reason they let him go was because he supplied Horry County with police cars. The man later went to prison for tax evaison and is now deceased. I'm glad that he will never be able to victimize anyone else. To this day, it bothers me deeply. It happens so often and yet it is silenced from the news. I am so glad that our community has kept HE in the forefront. Praying for good news and a happy ending!!!

I would love everyone's opinions on why you think this is a case of foul play or abduction? IMO - all signs point to her leaving willingly- somewhere, with someone she knew. She went to her familiar place after being home already and then decides to park her car- lock it and carries her belongings with her. No signs of struggle released- the father driving her car home immediately (car wasn't even considered part of a crime scene) .. With all her SM posts about leaving and her emotional roller coaster I feel as if she wanted to disappear. This is just MHO but it doesn't fit into the typical abduction profile.

I would love everyone's opinions on why you think this is a case of foul play or abduction? IMO - all signs point to her leaving willingly- somewhere, with someone she knew. She went to her familiar place after being home already and then decides to park her car- lock it and carries her belongings with her. No signs of struggle released- the father driving her car home immediately (car wasn't even considered part of a crime scene) .. With all her SM posts about leaving and her emotional roller coaster I feel as if she wanted to disappear. This is just MHO but it doesn't fit into the typical abduction profile.
what belongings did she take?She was to start her dream job ,she had a "great date" according to her room mate. Why wait till the dates over to decide to leave and why not pack? Why take your car keys and phone if you don't intend on using them?

JMO, but I can't imagine her not carrying some kind of a purse, for brush, make-up, etc...

I have two girls same age as HE. I would just like to add they don't carry a purse. Haven't in the last 3 years. They do have a wristlet they carry sometimes.

I think she went willingly for some reason in her private life. I'm not sure I think she's staying away willingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital