MI - Boys, 9 & 11, charged with sexually assaulting 7yo on school bus

Al_B

Sometimes you just have to wonder why people are s
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if this has been posted before just delete it

HOWELL -- A 9-year-old Howell boy accused of sexually assaulting a 7-year-old on a Howell Public Schools bus last May will undergo a competency hearing and a sex offender risk evaluation before his trial, set for next month.
The boy has repeatedly declared his innocence, his attorney, James Balmforth of Howell, said during the nearly two-hour pretrial hearing Tuesday in Livingston Juvenile Court.
The boy, who stood slightly over waist high to his attorney, wore black tennis shoes, tan khaki pants and a white thermal shirt, and was attentive at the defendant's table. He sat quietly as Judge Carol Hackett Garagiola placed limitations on him and ordered a trial for him Nov. 26.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071017/METRO04/710170374

if this has been posted before just delete it

HOWELL -- A 9-year-old Howell boy accused of sexually assaulting a 7-year-old on a Howell Public Schools bus last May will undergo a competency hearing and a sex offender risk evaluation before his trial, set for next month.
The boy has repeatedly declared his innocence, his attorney, James Balmforth of Howell, said during the nearly two-hour pretrial hearing Tuesday in Livingston Juvenile Court.
The boy, who stood slightly over waist high to his attorney, wore black tennis shoes, tan khaki pants and a white thermal shirt, and was attentive at the defendant's table. He sat quietly as Judge Carol Hackett Garagiola placed limitations on him and ordered a trial for him Nov. 26.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071017/METRO04/710170374

What a weird case. The article states that a video from the day in questions shows that the three boys were not seated together. How on earth could this 9 year old assault a 7 year old boy if he wasn't even seated next to the boy?

I would like to know more about what happened here. I don't think a DA would go to trial knowing there was videotape unless they had some evidence. Right?

What mother would put her child through the trauma of a child unless she really believed this happened? (I know, I know, as I was typing this I realized how ridiculous that was to even ask on this forum. :banghead: )

I am still trying to find more info on this case I came across it when I was looking for updates on some cases ( I think I worded this wrong sorry to the grammer police,I'll pay the fine)

We are in such a sad state in this country.

It makes sense that the boy who was forced into the act tries to force his little brother into the same thing. How sad for their family.

I hope the truth will come out and this child does not endanger our society any further.

Ok, it's apparent the 7 year old WAS sexually abused at some point in the past, otherwise how would he even know about oral sex?

I have some reservations about whether it was the 9 year old, just because the school superintendent is adament about the tape containing no evidence of an assault. I think it's a little "ify" that the 9 year old was able to assault the 11 year old, unless the 9 year old is larger than usual and the 11 year old is smaller than usual....

But we've got at least one sexually abused child here, probably three.

If the tape shows them all in separate seats, how could this be true? If there is no evidence, how can they charge these CHILDREN with these sex crimes, which may end up with them having to register as lifetime sex offenders! I'm a little concerned about this.

but were they always in seperate seats is that just one video?

but were they always in seperate seats is that just one video?

I understood the article and statements it contained to say that they had a tape from the bus on the day in question. That tape shows them each in seperate seats. It also said something to the effect of .... 'no sexual activity occured on the tape'. It also said that they were going to go through other tapes. So, I'm not sure what to make of everything. Al_B- what's your take on charging them without the evidence?

it may or may not be circumstantial,but its evidence

"Police said there is a videotape from the bus.

Howell Superintendent Chuck Breiner told Detroit television station WDIV that the tape doesn't show an assault.

“We will continue to collect tapes from those buses and review those tapes for incidents that are inappropriate or damaging to the bus or the kids on the bus,” said Breiner.

The police report said one can make the assumption that one boy forces another's head into his lap.

In a second incident, police said the 11-year-old was involved by trying to conceal the act."
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/14150370/detail.html

I am sure they are not trusting the school to review the tapes alone and the school has to do the pr thing and no one wants to admit something like this happens in it's district

I guess the question is how long do they keep these tapes and are they positive of the day that the boy says this happened? IOW, they might know the day that this boy was caught with his brother, but do they know the day of the incident(s) on the bus?

I find it interesting that the charges against the boy for the assault on his brother are dropped because he had been molested and taught to do it by an older boy, but if the same thing turns out to be true about his attacker then the charges will still be pressed. Hmmm...

At what age do you cross the line from innocent victim reenacting the crime to pedophile who happened to have been abused as a child? 8? 9?

this is just baffling to me as it is has his parents or the school not taught good touch,bad touch? Hopefully this information will come out.

Some day, maybe, when a younger juvenile is arrested for a sexual crime, the perps living situation is put under as much scrutiny as the perp.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital
Back