17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know he was not? Unless something has come out that I missed no one knows who started the physical confrontation.Do you have a link that GZ was the one who attacked TM?

This is actually irrelevant at this point. We are not discussing assault or battery, but homicide. Even if Trayvon ran up behind him and hit him in the face with a pie, Zimmerman needs to justify shooting the kid. MOO

I'm going to close up for the night. See you all tomorrow.

:seeya:

fran

I see we are "open" to post.

Sent from LG Esteem using Tapatalk

“The defendant stated that the victim stood up and approached him in a threatening manner, at which time he grabbed his Beretta 9 mm, chambered a round of ammunition and pointed it at the victim,” according to a complaint affidavit written by investigator Katherine Bowker. “He further stated the victim stated, ‘What are you going to do now, shoot me?’”

Thompson then shot Barter twice in the chest, Stanford said.

Stanford said the shooting was not in self defense, pointing out that Thompson had already won the physical altercation and could have left the scene without being harmed.
Read more: http://www.newsherald.com/articles/phone-75900-beach-police.html#ixzz1rLqOfS5Y

The above is another example of someone wanting to use the SYG defense...didn't fly here...I certainly hope it doen't fly for GZ...he knew this was a 'kid'...how in the world can anyone justicfy GZ's actions.

Just a few more days before the Grand Jury convenes..:please:

When I was a freshman in college I was warned not to open my car window or door if I was pulled over by a cop car with a single officer in it. It seems that a rogue cop in my home county had been pulling over single women driving alone and raping them.

Afterwards he'd tell them if they tried to press charges, he'd charge them with solicitation - a couple of women who did try to press charges actually spent time in jail because of that.

The advice given was to open the window just a crack and pass the officer my driver's license and insurance card through the crack. I did actually do that one night when pulled over by an officer. He asked me about it but as soon as I told him where I was from, he understood since the case was highly publicized.

That was forty years ago. I hope things have improved, but sometimes I despair.

JMO, IMO, etc.

You can request a supervisor, also, as a lone female driver. jmo

The question to ask is this: does ANY of this sound plausible given what we know of Trayvon's following actions (running away, expressing his concerns to his girlfriend, etc)? Did Trayvon REALLY go strutting towards Zimmerman, hand in his waistband like a gangbanger was packing heat, or was this just a set up?

JMO MOO etc

It can be debated what suspicious behavior is. I/E

Suspicious Behavior:
What Is It?

A person isn't suspicious, his/her behavior is!

Here is a list of some suspicious signs and behavior:

A person running: If he or she were looking about furtively, as if he or she were being watched or chased.

http://www.rpi.edu/dept/public_safety/safety/suspicious.html

I don't know if many would love to believe that as opposed to believing it was something else. I don't think many have weighed that as a significant factor.

But it's possible the kid was scared and crying when he saw a gun pointed at him? And some people do cry right before they die. I have seen it myself.

And usually when one rain drop falls, there are more to follow. Seems like his face would have sprinkled drops all over but I don't understand why you're pointing this out?? Please share if it might shed some light on things that we haven't discussed.

Thanks

When you cry and tear it leaves a trail on your check which could have been visible on the photo. I don't think it would have been mistaken for rain. jmo

I thought Tracy Martin's recounting of the events was unassailable truth? What happened? :waitasec:

Mr. Martin was relating what he had been told by LE. What was documented by responding officers and SFD was different. jmo

It can be debated what suspicious behavior is. I/E

Suspicious Behavior:
What Is It?

A person isn't suspicious, his/her behavior is!

Here is a list of some suspicious signs and behavior:

A person running: If he or she were looking about furtively, as if he or she were being watched or chased.

http://www.rpi.edu/dept/public_safety/safety/suspicious.html

From your link:

One or more people sitting in a parked car checking out the area: They may be lookouts for a crime in progress (burglary/robbery) or for plotting a crime.

So it appears TM would have been within his rights to be suspicious of GZ. jmo

I haven't seen this photo of Trayvon before. I love it. Such a nice looking kid. Such a tragic story. Arrest George Zimmerman NOW!

trayvon_martin02--300x300.jpg

Thank you for sharing this. It's heartbreaking.

Her statements are contradictory and actually give credence to GZ calling the police, because it was apparently odd to be walking in the neighborhood. From the CNN article page 1.

"I thought it was rather loud, but I had just shut my window because it had just started pouring out rain," the witness said. "And then I thought, 'Oh, my gosh, who's out there walking their dog in the rain?'

Actually, I think this statement points out perfectly how UNjustified GZ's suspicion was. When she thinks there is someone outside, she doesn't automatically assume, "Someone's coming to rob me!" or "Someone's coming to kill me!" even though, presumably, she has also lived in this neighborhood where there have been recent break-ins.

No, she assumes that someone is walking their dog. So, not an unusual thing, but something that has to be done in the rain sometimes. Like getting home if you walked somewhere before the rain started.

Actually, I think this statement points out perfectly how UNjustified GZ's suspicion was. When she thinks there is someone outside, she doesn't automatically assume, "Someone's coming to rob me!" or "Someone's coming to kill me!" even though, presumably, she has also lived in this neighborhood where there have been recent break-ins.

No, she assumes that someone is walking their dog. So, not an unusual thing, but something that has to be done in the rain sometimes. Like getting home if you walked somewhere before the rain started.

Which also could explain why TM started to run. jmo

From your link:

One or more people sitting in a parked car checking out the area: They may be lookouts for a crime in progress (burglary/robbery) or for plotting a crime.

Absolutely. Both are within their rights to be suspicious, and very wary, of each other. They are NOT within their rights to bang each other's head on the ground.

At that point, whoever is getting their head pounded is within their rights to shoot the other to death.

This is the core of the entire thing, and all the rest of the story is just extraneous information.

If one is getting their head pummeled by the other, he is within his rights to kill in self-defense. Period.

Absolutely. Both are within their rights to be suspicious, and very wary, of each other. They are NOT within their rights to bang each other's head on the ground.

At that point, whoever is getting their head pounded is within their rights to shoot the other to death.

This is the core of the entire thing, and all the rest of the story is just extraneous information.

If one is getting their head pummeled by the other, he is within his rights to kill in self-defense. Period.

I am not at all convinced GZ's head was pummeled into the ground it doesn't make sense and there wasn't enough time. No matter how you add it up,going by the time the gf's call ended and the shot on the 911 call was from 44 sec to 1 min.
IMO that was not enough time for this life or death fight GZ claims took place. MOO

Sent from my Huawei U8800-51 using Tapatalk

I am not at all convinced GZ's head was pummeled into it doesn't make sense and there wasn't enough time. No matter how you add it up,going by the time the gf's call ended and the shot on the 911 call was from 44 sec to 1 min.
IMO that was not enough time for this life or death fight GZ claims took place. MOO

Sent from my Huawei U8800-51 using Tapatalk

How many times can you bang your head on the ground in 44 seconds? A lot.

Even 10 seconds of banging your head on the ground is enough to cause deadly injuries -

I'm certain his injuries, however severe or slight they may be, have been documented. I feel like I've seen enough documentation of them in the CNN video, but I would bet there are much better photos out there.

I just noticed that the building on Retreat View has SIX units, not 5 like the one across from it on Twin Trees. This will affect my image. I'll repost in a few.

From your link:

Yes, it would only make sense TM would have been suspicious of GZ. Both of them suspicious of the other.

What a handsome photo of Trayvon. He certainly had a fondness for hoodies. It's usually hot in Florida and my parents live there so I'm there alot. I don't know many people in Florida who have such a big selection of hoodies. I am a huge hoodie fan. I have so many of them but I'm a woman so I don't think anyone would consider me a but it's sad to know that his love for hoodies may have played a role in his demise.

Does anyone feel any certain way about the fact that if Trayvon was not suspended he would not have been there in the first place. This fact keeps bothering me. I'm not blaming the victim but I just want to go back in time and change the actions that caused him to be suspended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member