Susan Powell's Blood Was Found In Her Home

Hi all. I have not kept up with this case much, just know the tragic circumstances of the little boys' deaths....but after reading this:

The documents also describe how Steven Powell had an apparent obsession with his daughter-in-law. A locked cabinet in Steve Powell's bedroom contained multiple images of Susan Powell, including some of her in her underwear. Other images showed nude female bodies with Susan Powell's face copied onto them.

Another image showed Steven Powell masturbating to an image of Susan Powell.

Susan Powell wrote in her personal journals that she did not want Steven Powell involved in her life and wished that Josh Powell would sever ties with him. She described Steven Powell as a pedophile.

Josh Powell said that his wife had been cleaning the rug before she disappeared. He also told authorities that he had decided take an impromptu midnight camping trip with the boys in the midst of a blizzard, the night his wife vanished. Powell said he returned home to find his wife gone.

I am wondering if Josh killed her and then took the boys out of the house that night while Steven Powell disposed of the body.

OMG. I'm so angry once again. As other have said, I thought it couldn't get any worse and yet once again it did. This did not have to happen. Shame on those that didn't act when they could have and should have.

Who to blame -- is it the WVPD or the WV prosecutors. Which one made the decision that they didn't have enough to go forward. I really want the answer to that. And I want them held accountable.

FGS, we've all seen cases charged with less evidence haven't we? And we still haven't seen it all -- some of it is still under seal.

My heart aches for the Coxes. More heart break that they should not have.

This is just unbelievable. Those boys should never have been allowed to live with this sick family. WV LE sacrificed those boys. Of course they didn't know that JP would kill them. But, what about letting them stay with an obviously unstable parent? They need to take responsibility. They won't comment to protect the integrity of their investigation? That's a laugh.

Why did they unseal these warrants now and why was this information released to the media in the late evening,on a Friday night and two plus years after Susan disappeared? Why now?

How much blood evidence? If it is just a few spots it wouldn't be grounds to do anything. If you searched my house you would find blood evidence too, but that wouldnt mean I was dead or that a crime had been committed, it would just mean that I lived there and cut myself at some point.

It is the amount that is important.

Agree. I'm also confused because the one MSM report says the blood evidence was found on the comforter from the storage unit, and the then the other says on the floor.

There is a lot that does not jive, imo, but I'm going to review all of the MSM reporting before listing. I had asked numerous times-- and even the reporters-- on the descrepancy of what was found on the bed...phone, keys, and purse because the reporting had not be consistant (in many articles).

And if her cell was in the van....why couldn't they track it's pings to where he had been? Did he remove the battery? IMO, upon finding a shovel, a tarp and a gas can in the van, that was enough for any jury to convict with all the other circumtantial evidence, imo. No trace evidence of "crystals" on that shovel...and the tire tracks? No DNA of Susan on that tarp? :banghead:

More later..

Why did they unseal these warrants now and why was this information released to the media in the late evening,on a Friday night and two plus years after Susan disappeared? Why now?

I believe it came out because SP has filed a motion that the search of his home and computers was illegal. So, they had to release them for the hearing? jmo There is a thread about his hearing yesterday.

I will never forget that night that she went missing or when it was first reported that she was missing ,etc. It was so dang cold here in Wyoming, I remember thinking who in sam's hill takes their toddlers out camping in this crud? It didn't fly with me then, and in light of everything else over the 2 years, it makes no sense whatsoever.
If they needed a bright red truck to nail josh, a dart could have been thrown at any of the evidence and made it stick!!! OOOOOOoooooooo......:banghead:

What really gets me is that Susan saw this coming and put the note that said...if something happens to me, it was Josh...in a safety deposit box. And that still wasn't enough. She was denied the opportunity to protect her children from beyond the grave. It's beyond heartbreaking.

We've seen other cases where letters like this were instrumental in getting convictions and where there was less supporting evidence than in this one. I really can't believe this.

Didn't the recent documents say that Susan kept some of her journals at work? Or did I just imagine that? If so, those might contain more specific concerns, etc.

Didn't the recent documents say that Susan kept some of her journals at work? Or did I just imagine that? If so, those might contain more specific concerns, etc.

IIRC The WVCPD went to her worklace and got those but that didn't stop josh from cashing in her 401Ks. It must have chapped his azz that she had those.

IIRC The WVCPD went to her worklace and got those but that didn't stop josh from cashing in her 401Ks. It must have chapped his azz that she had those.

Too bad she didn't make a video diary, from work and send it to an attorney or post it in an account online. Perhaps any women who is in fear of her spouse, boyfriend, coworker, or stalker should make a video record of her fears and put that in a safety deposit box or send it to a private attorney in case of a questionable death or disappearance.

Then again, LE might have ignored that as well.

I know that a lot of women in DV situations feel shame and guilt over what the abuser is doing. This is a part of why women don't tell others about what is going on. They know that they will be the one who is blamed and be shamed no matter which way, or to what "professionals" they turn to.

Before noticing the "Susan's blood" article on CNN today, I had vowed never to search for, or post about, anything relating to this case again. The twists & turns of this UGLY mess of 3 years lead back & pointed to a sick & repulsive pedo. The expletive words that I would like to spit out would not be acceptable on his forum nor would any available "smilie" illustrate the anger I feel.

Pierce County Sheriff says someone in Utah dropped the ball and he is mad about it.

http://www.kirotv.com/videos/news/pierce-county-sheriffs-spokesman-somebody-dropped/vGkBX/

He says they did not let him or other agencies know what was in the sealed warrant.

These DESPICABLE police in West Valley Utah were encouraging the Cox's to stir up Josh Powell and to seek custody of the kids through the courts while the whole time they had plenty to arrest him on murder charges.

They should all resign and be sent to prison for getting those little boys killed for no reason.

Thank You, Dr. Fessel, for the info here !

A question came to mind after reading this ... maybe an attorney will be able to answer this :

Can the U.S. Attorney's Office for the State of Utah -- or maybe the U.S. Attorney's Office for the State of Washington launch a federal investigation into this case and the LE Department in Utah that was handling Susan's "disappearance" ?

The federal agency needs to investigate this immediately and hold those accountable in Utah who did NOT do what they should have done !

Josh was dangerous, and we NOW know HOW extremely dangerous and demented he was for what he did to Susan, and for what Josh did to Charlie and Braden ! I get so upset just thinking about it !

There obviously was enough evidence to charge Josh -- and 'dada' -- for Susan's "disappearance"/"murder"

So WHO dropped the ball and WHY ? The federal U.S. Attorney's Office needs to investigate -- so this NEVER EVER happens to any other innocent person again !

Sorry for the rant ... this is just devastating ... and Prayers for Mr. and Mrs. Cox !

:maddening:

And if her cell was in the van....why couldn't they track it's pings to where he had been? Did he remove the battery? IMO, upon finding a shovel, a tarp and a gas can in the van, that was enough for any jury to convict with all the other circumtantial evidence, imo. No trace evidence of "crystals" on that shovel...and the tire tracks? No DNA of Susan on that tarp? :banghead:

More later..

The phone wouldn't ping without a sim card I think, or if it did they wouldn't have known it was hers.

Investigators later found Susan Cox Powell's cellphone in the center console of Josh Powell's car. The phone did not contain a sim card, detectives said, and Josh Powell said he did not know why the phone was in his car.
http://www.komonews.com/news/Docs-S...uch-at-her-house-145232305.html?m=y&smobile=y

"Lohra Miller, who was the prosecutor in Salt Lake County at the time of Susan Powell’s disappearance, told the Tribune that police never presented the case for full consideration. In any event, she said, the facts laid out in the search warrants were insufficient -- in her mind -- to bring a case without risk of reasonable doubt."

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-josh-powell-20120331,0,1105015.story

Did you read the reader comments at this link? At 12:02pm today (Mar. 31), is a scathing comment about former prosecutor Lohra Miller which begins with: "The former prosecutor of Salt Lake County was probably the most incompetent and corrupt county prosecutor in America."

A search of Susan's forum here shows that the prosecutor's office hasn't been discussed actively (at least when I search Lohra Miller by name), and perhaps it is time to do so! WVCPD is by no means off the hook here, but the final word on prosecution based on this preponderance of evidence produced by LE falls right onto the desk of Miller's office!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danielle79903
Back