UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
What on earth would have to happen for maternal Gparents to be barred from contact with the family? Were they unsavory characters? I was thinking they were church people or something?????

Nathan's parents are the church people. His late father ran a "Campus Crusade for Christ" ministry in Florida, his brother has Christian websites (all registered to the mother's home address).

I'm also curious about SS's family being barred. Joe would know, and maybe he'll say someday.

:) (A gazillion pats on the back) Keep up the awesome work, eyes4crime. You know we all deeply, deeply appreciate all the sweat and headache you put into that timeline.

Consider it art -- a continually evolving work in progress. As sad as the subject is, the product is something to behold.

(roses & applause)

Thanks - usually I enjoy doing a time-line cause it helps me organize my thinking - but this one is so sick and disgusting I find it exhausting. I am updating it constantly so a big THANKS to all who take the time to read it and provide me with accurate and current corrections, updates, and new information. I use each and every suggestion.

What on earth would have to happen for maternal Gparents to be barred from contact with the family? Were they unsavory characters? I was thinking they were church people or something?????

I posted my thoughts on this earlier:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #4

Maybe restraining orders are one way Stephanie tries to wield control over people?

Running with my impression of SS's character, she was headstrong and self-centered -- probably didn't want to be told by anybody what she should or shouldn't do with her life. Dynamics like these are especially strained and volatile when it comes to parenting styles. (Normally, I think the conflicts arise between a mother and her in-laws, but maybe this case was different. Think of the strained relationship between Caylee Anthony's mother and grandmother.)

SS's parents may have done nothing wrong at all. Maybe they simply voiced their opinions, wanted to be involved, etc., and SS wanted them to "mind their own gd business."

Seems to me SS used Ethan as blackmail against his own father. I don't put it past her for a moment to use Ethan as blackmail against her own parents. Why? For what? What could she have gained from them? Financial support? *advertiser censored**kissing? The list is endless. Many, many things a grandparent will endure in order to ensure they'll still be able to see their grandkids. Know what I mean?

I think it was feces.

I have been told that although Ethan was potty-trained, on rare occasions he would have an #2 accident. Being how he was under stress, not wanting to go with mom and not being happy being in a new situation, I think he had an accident and it set Nathan off. I think Nathan put the feces in his mouth.

I wonder if this is what started the abuse. Did he have an accident and they beat him because of it? Maybe that is when he was scalded in the tub? (while being cleaned up) This would be very frustrating to a someone like Nathan. Just being yelled at could have caused Ethan to have an accident and that would have just set the abuser off. I know with my ex that if I cried when he beat me it just made him madder that I was such a baby and so weak.

I wonder if this is what started the abuse. Did he have an accident and they beat him because of it? Maybe that is when he was scalded in the tub? (while being cleaned up) This would be very frustrating to a someone like Nathan. Just being yelled at could have caused Ethan to have an accident and that would have just set the abuser off. I know with my ex that if I cried when he beat me it just made him madder that I was such a baby and so weak.

Ugh. I know, this breaks my heart. Not only on the possibility of physical weakness, but also, things like behavioral problems, emotional problems, speech problems, learning disabilities... (not that I'm implying Ethan had any of these, but these traits can make a child even more vulnerable to abuse).

Poor baby....

I wonder the same, Jaxson.

Little 4 yr. old out of MI that just died not to long ago was beat/tortured/eventually died - for days, (mom had chances to get him help to) His beatings were "set off" by him wetting his pants on the couch.
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/04/police_release_details_of_beat.html

His mom was later charged as well:
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/04/corrine_baker_mother_of_domini_3.html
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/04/police_release_details_of_beat.html

I wonder the same, Jaxson.

Little 4 yr. old out of MI that just died not to long ago was beat/tortured/eventually died - for days, (mom had chances to get him help to) His beatings were "set off" by him wetting his pants on the couch.

His mom was later charged as well:
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/04/corrine_baker_mother_of_domini_3.html

I haven't even seen this one. The abuse of children is something I just don't understand. I guess you have to be one of them (an abuser) to understand what is going on in their minds. It scares the H*** out of me what is going on in this world we live in. I just think anytime there is abuse of a child OF ANY KIND (mental, emotional, physical or sexual) the parent should never be allowed access again. There should be no second chances and I do not believe in keeping the family together at all costs or even if at all possible. That is the only way that child will ever feel safe. I have 5 children, none who were abused but they did witness my abuse (not the beatings, just the aftermath) and that alone made them scared. I will never forgive myself for not leaving sooner.

I have been a long time lurker here. I have been so profoundly affected by this case, that I felt the need to post. I thought I had seen and heard it all, but clearly this is not the case. I cannot get the images of Ethan out of my head and at times I find myself crying for him. As crazy as it sounds, I feel like a part of me has died and I wonder if I will ever be the same again. I alternate between anger and sadness and can only hope that justice will be served for this angelic little boy and his family.

Thanks for letting me vent.

I know...I feel the same...I think most of us (if not all) feel exactly as you do. i have been crying evey day too.

I think it does matter how hard you are hit. I was in an abusive relationship for 17 years and was hit many times and for the most part the bad bruising showed up the next day. However there were at least two occasions that the swelling and bruising was almost immediate. One of the times was when I was backhanded and he hit me in the cheekbone. This happened in front of a lot of people, police were called and arrived within minutes. I was taken to the hospital because they thought my cheekbone was broken. They took pictures of my face while I was in the emergency room and the bruising and swelling was horrible within an hour. I looked like I had a baseball under my skin. This happened on Oct. 29th and two weeks later at my daughters birthday party (Nov 14th) the pictures still show a golf ball sized swelling (it was hard not soft) and they were not sure that it would ever go completely back down. I believe that the picture of Ethan on the 4th of May could have been taken shortly after he was beaten because of how similar his bruising looks to mine. That would also fit based on the abuser being sorry and trying to make up and be nice (in Ethan's case by playing video games with him). And no I am not in that relationship anymore.

J

The 4th of May????

It is a crime here (Utah) to NOT report such abuse. (click!).

An obviously-injured child who is not treated for his injuries, IMO, is a victim of abuse NO MATTER HOW that injury occurred.

There is a photo timestamped May 4th, showing such abuse.
NS's mother saw him once or twice the next day. As a parent myself, I do not feel a bit bad when I say that NS's mother may be culpable in the child's death.

In fact, I believe it's wrong to coddle someone in such a case; isn't this how child abuse is perpetuated, by "feeling sorry" for people?

I've seen parents hit their kids at the grocery store, and I've spoken to them. I've been told to "mind your own business" -- by OTHER customers!

Please do not make those of us who care, the bad people.

I'm sorry, but we're talking about a family who believes onions can lead you to Jesus, and that you should proselytize to the refrigerator repair man (click!). Yet, their own son was in and out of prison, charged with abuse of a wife, and an injured child was ignored.

I will GLADLY apologize when I'm proven wrong.

Excellent points all.

had read that the photo with Ethan and Nathan playing video games was time stamped the 4th of May.

No, the one floated in the media was dated the 5th.
(this one)
20zpd34.jpg

There is a photo as per the probable cause statement, that is dated the 4th - we have not saw that one or any others.

http://www.abc4.com/media/lib/5/0/3...-e3a995c798a8/Probable_Cause_Nathan_Sloop.pdf

There is a photo as per the probable cause statement, that is dated the 4th - we have not saw that one or any others.

http://www.abc4.com/media/lib/5/0/3...-e3a995c798a8/Probable_Cause_Nathan_Sloop.pdf

Ok gotcha!

ETA also possible that abc4 or the probable cause statement have misprint....it sounds like the same injury seen in abc4's video and what is described in the PC statement. Either or could have been written wrong though.

Right. The public has seen only one photo of Ethan with an injury. We have seen no others, but we do know according to media reports and LE pressers there are other photographs in existence.

Speaking of photos of Ethan...I don't think we've seen any others from his stay in Utah, correct? Only the one?

Sorry if this has already been addressed, this thread is moving real fast! But, was the summer visit written into the divorce decree as part of the standard visitation OR was it something the judge had recently ordered?

Sorry if this has already been addressed, this thread is moving real fast! But, was the summer visit written into the divorce decree as part of the standard visitation OR was it something the judge had recently ordered?

It was part of the mediated settlement, that the judge signed off on.

had read that the photo with Ethan and Nathan playing video games was time stamped the 4th of May.

So that one we're seeing here is the same photo (or part of a series taken at roughly the same time)?

PS is lying.

Ok gotcha!

ETA also possible that abc4 or the probable cause statement have misprint....it sounds like the same injury seen in abc4's video and what is described in the PC statement. Either or could have been written wrong though.

I seriously doubt the police made a mistake. In the interview, PS states she saw him on Wednesday, the day before she left town. Wednesday was the 5th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie