Drew Peterson's Trial *SECOND WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Session “You asked Drew if he had spent the entire weekend with his kids, or ever left them for any period of time, and he said no?” “That’s correct.” “You know he had two boys, and also a newborn baby?” “Yes.” “And he said he was with them all weekend?” “Yes.” “At 10:00 on Sunday, he went out to Krispy Kreme?” “Yes.” “Then the family had breakfast, after which they went to the Shedd Aquarium?” “Yes.” “That’s a place with video cameras all over the place?” “Yes.”

In Session “He told you he went to return the children at the allotted time, but got no response?” “Yes... he attempted to contact her.” “And then he realized this was a three-day weekend?” “He mentioned that, yes.” “And so he talked about what happened the next day, when he tried to return the children on Monday night?” “Yes... he generalized that he was the kids, having fun; he didn’t give details.” “He was home with everybody?’ “He said he was home, doing normal stuff with the kids, hanging out with them.” “He brought the kids back at 7:00?” “He attempted to take the kids back to Kathy’s at 7:00.” “And when he couldn’t get a hold of her, he went to see the next door neighbor, Mary Pontarelli?” “Yes.” “He tells Mary he’s going to get a locksmith and go in on Tuesday if nobody can get a hold of Kathy?” “Yes.” “And then he told you that Mary’s son, Nick, got a hold of Steve Mariaci, and found out Kathy wasn’t with her boyfriend?” “Yes.” “So it wasn’t Drew’s idea to go in on Monday night?” “Drew originally mentioned the locksmith for Tuesday... for that particular night [Monday], Mary is the one who suggested the locksmith

In Session “You’re asking these questions because you’re still conducting this investigation with an open mind?” “Yes.” “How long did you spend with him, a little bit over an hour?” “Yes.” “You weren’t rushed; you had all the time you needed?” “Yes.” “He didn’t say he needed to get a lawyer?” “No.”

In Session “There were some phone records, about a call from Kathy to Drew at 6:00 on Friday?” “Yes.” The witness is shown a T-Mobile cell phone record that reflects this call at 6:08 pm. “We don’t know if T-Mobile is on Eastern Time, or Mountain Time?” “No.” “But just assuming this is Central Time, there’s no indication that Drew ever received that phone call?” “No.” “Or ever answered that call?” “No.” “We don’t know if it even connected?” “No.”

In Session The sidebar ends. Connor: “Can you describe how the defendant helped answer her question?” “He leaned over and said, ‘You remember what you cooked for breakfast that morning’... [and started naming] what was prepared for breakfast... Drew had a mannerism, when you ask him a question he would kind of lean and kind of rub his eyes.” “Were there any other things you observed that the defendant did during the interview of Stacy Peterson?” “No, not as much as leaning over to her, kind of supportive.” “Allowing one witness to sit in on the interview of another, was that something you’d ever done in an investigation before that?” “No.” “Ever do it after that?” “Initially, no.” “What happened at the end of that interview?” “As it was being conducted, she became very upset, very shaken, and started to cry... after we got the information we wanted, we kind of shut the interview down.” “The more upset she got, the closer you got to finishing?” “Right.”

:thud: It amazes me the ISP saw no red flags here. :banghead:
How they became cops is beyond me. Must have gotten the training certificate via a cracker jack box. un-believable-

"The witness recalls an interview she had with the IL State Police. "You never told them anythuing about a bath mat or a towel?" "I don't remember exactly." She denies telling Drew that he should call a locksmith. "It wasn't my idea to call a locksmith to begin with."

this is Mary's testimony about who wanted the locksmith.

In Session “Now, we talk about the interview of Drew’s wife... that occurred at Drew’s house?” “Yes.” “When you arrived at Mr. Peterson’s house to interview her, you explained why you were there?” “Yes, we had made an agreement on the time... he understood from previous phone calls that we had set up a time to interview Stacy.” “You showed up, and explained you were there for the interview?” “Did I use those words that day, Mr. Brodsky? I don’ t know.”

In Session “At that time, Drew asked you if he could be present?” “He said could he sit in, because she was real shaken, real afraid, and was aware of the tragedy that had happened with Kathy, because she was going to have to take on some new responsibility.” “The term ‘professional courtesy’ is yours?” “He used the words ‘a little professionalism.’” “He was holding the baby in his arms while the interview was going on?” “I can’t remember if he was or Stacy was... but the baby was there.” “This young woman now had a total of four children she was responsible for. That was a big shock to her?” “Yes.” “It was very emotional to her that she now had all this extra responsibility?” “Yes.” Objection. The prosecution asks for a sidebar.

:thud: It amazes me the ISP saw no red flags here. :banghead:
How they became cops is beyond me. Must have gotten the training certificate via a cracker jack box. un-believable-

They had no reason to suspect him....he was a "good old boy", one of them. This from the beginning was a problem and it should have been investigated because of who DP was. jmo

In Session “At that time, Drew asked you if he could be present?” “He said could he sit in, because she was real shaken, real afraid, and was aware of the tragedy that had happened with Kathy, because she was going to have to take on some new responsibility.” “The term ‘professional courtesy’ is yours?” “He used the words ‘a little professionalism.’” “He was holding the baby in his arms while the interview was going on?” “I can’t remember if he was or Stacy was... but the baby was there.” “This young woman now had a total of four children she was responsible for. That was a big shock to her?” “Yes.” “It was very emotional to her that she now had all this extra responsibility?” “Yes.” Objection. The prosecution asks for a sidebar.

Little did she know at that time that she wouldn't be raising any of them. :tears:

Little did she know at that time that she wouldn't be raising any of them. :tears:

And why was she "real afraid"? What should she have been afraid of? Concerned about the responsibility, yes, but fearful??? That makes no sense. jmo

1st BBM: Now if I were on the jury, this would stick out like a big red flag -- and let's hope that the jury "gets this" : WHO calls a "locksmith" when the person is not answering their door, not answering their phone ? You call LE !

2nd BBM: No way did Mary tell Drew to call a locksmith !

And Thank You for the updates !

:moo:

If Drew truly had nothing to do with this he wouldn't have set his neighbors up as witnesses. He WOULD have called the police and had another officer in his presence as a witness.

Even the question he presented to Mary, when was the last time you saw Kathy was a set up. He was fishing for info from Mary before he revealed his hand.

It's really sad to think if the ISP had conducted their investigation properly, Stacy would probably still be here today. Instead the good old boy system cost two women, that we know of, their lives.

How can the state be forced NOT to talk about why Stacey was really crying?

She KNEW her husband had been out in the middle of the night and came home and did a wash of clothes, much like the other Peterson we remember. :furious:

In Session The sidebar ends. “Everything that Drew told you about the reasons he wanted to be present, they were all true?” Objection/Overruled. “Yes.” “Drew’s presence was nothing more than that of a concerned husband?” “Support.” “And you stated that Mr. Peterson helped Stacy answer just one question?” “The one that was asked of me by the State’s Attorneys, yes.” “The fact that Mr. Peterson helped Stacy answer a question, that’s not indicated in any of your reports?” “You don’t always write things verbatim. It brings back your memory.” “Isn’t it true that the report is not just for your recollection? Others rely on them?” “Yes... if I read my report, I can reflect back in far more detail.” “What if you’re not available? That’s a purpose of a report?” “Yes.”

In Session The sidebar has now ended. “In your general investigations, did you investigate forgery cases?’ “It’s possible; I can’t recall.” “How about burglary cases?’ “Possible; I can’t recall.” “Identity thefts?” “Yes.” “Vehicular thefts?” “I can’t recall.” Brodsky then reads from the witness’ grand jury testimony, where he was asked about what kinds of investigations he had participated in during his career. “So you did do vehicular homicides, and burglaries, and forgeries?” “That’s the kind of cases the unit would get assigned all the time, not necessarily me, personally... I could have assisted; I don’t remember.” “You’ve been interviewed by the State’s Attorney’s Office in this case?” “I’ve talked to them.” “How many times since 2008?” “Probably five to six times.” “When was the last time?” “Yesterday.” “And you went over all your testimony?” “NO.” “Go over your reports with them?” “Some.” “When was the last time before yesterday?” “Monday.” “So twice in the same week?” “Yes.”

So I guess the prosecution decided that asking him about a Mensa membership was unnecessary....

In Session “You also interviewed Kathy’s boyfriend, Mr. Maniaci, and he accounted for his time over the weekend?” Objection/Sustained. “After his interview, you checked out some of the things he told you?” “I can’t recall right now.” “But information he gave you was checked out?” “Yes, Sir... his alibi was clean.” “You also got the autopsy inquest, and put that in your file?” “Yes.” “And the phone records?” “I subpoenaed the records; I did not receive all of the records at the same time.” “And all this information was the package that you took over to the State’s Attorney’s office and gave them your review?” “Yes.”

In Session The witness repeats that he interviewed Savio’s boyfriend. “Did you ask him if Kathy complained about Drew Peterson showing up in her house, unannounced?” Objection/Sustained. “It’s true that nobody told you...” Objection/Sustained.

In Session “By the way, you never heard from the Savios, any of Kathy’s family?” Objection/Overruled. “No.” “They never came to the death scene while you were there?” “No.” “They never reached out to you?” “Correct.” “You never got any indication from any of these people that Kathy Savio was afraid of Drew Peterson?” Objection/Sustained.

In Session The witness repeats that needed to update his case file, and so he contacted the Will County State’s Attorney’s Office. “They told me it could be closed out... they said, ‘You can close it.’”

And why was she "real afraid"? What should she have been afraid of? Concerned about the responsibility, yes, but fearful??? That makes no sense. jmo

Well it does now. But not at that time. No one would suspect she was afraid of Drew offing her too at that time. I'm sure he had already said something to her, and KS' murder just proved it. Creep...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member