Violence at a MS High School 18 yr old student injures a 14 yr old disabled boy

Angelonline

Member since 2005
Reaction score
This has went viral on Facebook all over South, MS, and now the local news has decided to carry the story. **I have a child at this high school. According to the news and FB posts by the victims mother, yesterday, a large 250+ lb senior punched a small 14 yr old freshman boy who has cerebal palsy, knocking him unconcious, chipping his tooth and more. Pics are at the articles. The senior called the other boy a *advertiser censored*, the younger boy then threw a coke can at him, thus provoking the attack. The sheriffs dept says that they cant do anything that the school must investigate and report, so far no charges are filed. Today the school was swarming with cops because there were rumors of a race war (the attacker is black the injured disabled boy is white). Thank goodness though that appears to have just been a rumor as there were no fights. Our youth normally get along and work together without much thought to race, and I hope that continues, despite this horrid incident.

http://lucedale.wlox.com/news/news/...ssault?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

http://lucedale.wlox.com/news/news/...school?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Facebook for the local news, lots of comments on here including a plea from the mother of the injured boy.
http://www.facebook.com/mobileprotection#!/pages/WLOX-Lucedale/167552876640170?fref=ts

austin.jpg
austin.jpg

According to the article in the OP, the senior who punched out the disabled freshman is on the football team. Sounds like another case of allowing the jock to get away with dispicable behavior.

The senior should be expelled, but I get the impression he won't be because of his role on the football team. Too many athletes get away with all kinds of crap because of the interest in sports.......

I hope the senior is not only expelled but also held responsible criminally.

I know it is horrible Cubby, that mentality that jocks can get away with anything. I also was shocked that the sheriffs dept basically said they have no jurisdiction at the high school. That the school must investigate the incident. I was thinking since when? If drugs were sold on school grounds only the school admin investigates? If someone was raped on school grounds only the school investigates? I call BS on that statement. In addition, the high school used to have a zero tolerance policy and the senior would have been arrested on the spot, not sure when or why that was changed.

austin1.jpg

Do you see the little tear in his eye? It breaks my heart. He is now afraid to go back to school.

I am no fan of hate crime laws, but this is clearly a hate crime. Picking on a disabled person is what Adolf Hitler did. Bullies like to pick on people who are weaker and vulnerable. Bullies, pedophiles, terrorists, and dictators are all the same. Lori Drew, Jerry Sandusky, Osama bin Laden, and Adolf Hitler are that. :crazy:

My daughter just got home. She said that tonight the football team dedicted the game to the the injured student, Austin Stokes. Also she said the team won, their first win of the season. The attacker of course did not play tonight, hopefully he is off the team for good.

According to local law enforcement, the senior actually was expelled. Hopefully the mother of this poor boy is doing all she can legally to make sure he pays. There is absolutely no excuse for this. My heart goes out to Austin and his family.

http://www.bustedinacadiana.com/2012/10/disabled-14-year-old-beat-by-senior-football-players/

Thanks for the link. I am so happy to hear that this student was expelled! However, I do think that simple assualt (from your article) is not enough of a charge for this. I agree with HMS that this is clearly a hate crime.

According the the 18 year old's girlfriend/wife/baby mama he has not played football since 2010. She posted that on the support page for Austin.

Sandusky would be proud of that football player since they both like picking on the younger weaker ones. Hope they get adjoining cells.

According the the 18 year old's girlfriend/wife/baby mama he has not played football since 2010. She posted that on the support page for Austin.
I'm not sure if that is true. I have heard he has not played often though. The girlfriend also admits own her on page that he has hit her before but "she provoked him." There are apparently even pics of her after the hit posted on her fb. They had actually broken up before he hurt Austin and only just got back together after this happened. All IMO and rumor since there are no links.

I'm not sure if that is true. I have heard he has not played often though. The girlfriend also admits own her on page that he has hit her before but "she provoked him." There are apparently even pics of her after the hit posted on her fb. They had actually broken up before he hurt Austin and only just got back together after this happened. All IMO and rumor since there are no links.

Sounds like he needs some serious anger managment treatment while he is HOPEFULLY serving time!!!!

I have been reading comments at the bottom of some of the newspaper articles. So many are blaming the school for allowing this to happen....WHAT???? Obviously, this 18 yr old punk would have done this at school or elsewhere. Many asked where were the teachers? Obviously none of these people making the comments have never worked in a high school. A teacher cannot stop every punch thrown, it happens in a split second. We educate them on bullying none stop, we punish the one doing the bullying. What about the parents, they need to be held accountable too. Why did these parents not raise their child with a little bit of respect and compassion. What type of family is this 18yr old coming from, who thinks it is ok to call, a special needs kid, a *advertiser censored*. Being a teacher myself, I can tell which students have been taught about respect at home when they enter the classroom. If every parent teaches their child about respect and compassion, it would make our world a safer place.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back