2011.05.10 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day Two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From 'Jury' thread: (hope it's OK to do this)

But we may get several Grandmas! :great:

That could go both ways?

Some would think mostly of their own grandchildren & be sickened by what happened to Caylee.

Some could possibly have sympathy for the Ants especially ones that don't know them like we do.

But! I'm still all for the Grandmas & hope we get more! Grandpas too!

Poor guy with the seven dogs. I'd help him out if I could.

Have to say, I think Judge Perry has the cutest smile/smirk. I love this judge.

Ah ha! Brad C clip playing on InSession - that's why he's there (and I'm probably the last to figure this out) He says he's changed his mind and KC will testify...

I am really concerned that we aren't going to get many mothers on this jury. It kind of irritates me....the fact that all the men with children say that the wife can watch the kids but how many woman have we heard say that. Sorry to all you good men out there....not talking about you. I guess my old feminist leanings came out for a second!

:cow:

well at least I've been able to not cry through today....it's less emotional when it's just talking to jurors about money....although some of them make me feel terrible for them too. the ones who are alone with no one to feed their dogs, it makes me sad.

I really don't understand the DT's reasoning on both the Ace Hardware gentleman and the disabled man with 7 dogs. It seems like he's trying to fill the jury with people who really don't want to be there.

Maybe they need to take a page out of my hero's book when they're recalled and just state that they believe she's guilty.

Isn't it ironic that CM doesn't see how detrimental it could be to force someone who loves his animals that much to serve? I'd bet my last dollar that man would never wrap one of his dogs in garbage bags and toss him on the side of the road. :cow:

I have 2 dogs and I consider them to be apart of our family. They are like my children and I woudn't want them to be housed for 8-weeks. I couldn't go without seeing them that long, I would be a nervous wreck. CM is being very inconsiderate.

Regarding the potential juror who is on disability and has seven dogs, I don't think I would want him as a juror because he makes poor decisions in life.

And I am a dog lover and I say that. But I also know the time, effort and expense involved when you take on another dog. At some point, would/should one "just say no" to another animal?

Being a person who is on a fixed income, I know how that goes also. Feeding and vet care for seven dogs would have to take up a goodly portion of this person's monthly income! Poor decision making.

Poor guy with the seven dogs. I'd help him out if I could.
Last summer we paid $19/day for one medium size dog, this summer is going to be $24/day. No way can this man afford to board 7 dogs, CM is just wasting court time having him come back.

Ah ha! Brad C clip playing on InSession - that's why he's there (and I'm probably the last to figure this out) He says he's changed his mind and KC will testify...

She'll just tell another pack of LIES! If the jury can't see it, after hearing all the prior testimony about her, then they're a pack of morons!

Anyone know how many jurors are left for this phase?

I'm worried Tuesday will not be start day. They still have the next phase of voir dire and that will knock quite a few more out.

I've got 20 interviewed / 8 coming back for more questions/2 "on hold" for info/10 excused

I have 2 dogs and I consider them to be apart of our family. They are like my children and I woudn't want them to be housed for 8-weeks. I couldn't go without seeing them that long, I would be a nervous wreck. CM is being very inconsiderate.

And not to mention the stress that will cause to the animals.

Someone tell the prosecutors the mikes are hot.

Just talking about a juror saying "he likes the thriller book genre" :)

One of his favourite movies is called "off beat"

bbm... changed has mind as per if he thinks she is responsible?

Someone tell the prosecutors the mikes are hot.

Just talking about a juror saying "he likes the thriller book genre" :)

One of his favourite movies is called "off beat"

Where are you listening? CNN has the sound muted.

Regarding the potential juror who is on disability and has seven dogs, I don't think I would want him as a juror because he makes poor decisions in life.

And I am a dog lover and I say that. But I also know the time, effort and expense involved when you take on another dog. At some point, would/should one "just say no" to another animal?

Being a person who is on a fixed income, I know how that goes also. Feeding and vet care for seven dogs would have to take up a goodly portion of this person's monthly income! Poor decision making.

I understand what you are saying and agree up to a point - however each case is different. This may be this man's sole hobby/family or whatever. There a lot of folks out there very dedicated to their pets. I must wonder though, where he lives as 7 dogs would probably violate a number of Cities' ordinances....

I feel sorry for this man. I am boarding my 2 bassets for 3 days this weekend and the bill is $350.00. In addition to the boarding fees, the dogs have to be current on all of their shots.

I just don't know how anyone would NOT have some kind of hardship unless they are men with SATH wives or are retired. Even older retired women I am sure care for their husbands.

I hope we get a loving stay at home mother with a husband that can handle the kiddos while she is gone. At least one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77