State v. Bradley Cooper 4-7-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was only responding to your statement that Brad not badmouthing Nancy to others meant he was a good husband.

It works both ways.

I think *most* women tend to share a lot more personal stuff with their friends then *most* men. MOO ( I love using MOO's since learning what they meant :great: ). Anyway, my special girlfriends and I have always shared our deepest feelings, both good and bad. And I've had some great, deep friendships over my lifetime with certain of my girlfriends. I've lost three special friends to cancer, and it was like losing a dear sister each time. My heart broke with each loss of one of my dear *sisters*. :( Nancy was far away from any family and lifetime friends, she was out-going, and found for herself a support-system in her everyday life. I like her for that. She was a strong woman who did what she had to survive. Certainly more preferable than taking out her loneliness and frustrations on her children IMO.

As did she. It was a sexless marriage. I don't think a spouse should have to go w/o for years (IMO). They probably should have divorced long before the affair started.
I had a friend with severe Chrones disease. Sex for her was not an option. SO, does this mean it gives her husband a pass to cheat?

ETA: To clarify, her condition did improve, but it took YEARS.

Everyone is waiting or the real evidence ...but it can't come in because it is too prejudicial ...this suicide thing is HUGE

What a massive waste of trial time this witness was. What was the prosecution's intent, please? Enlighten me.

They wanted to show the level of "friendship" between them for this guy to even be called, ie, more than just knowing who the other was, first of all....

Then to show mood, etc., and what time BC went home on the Friday before the day of NC's disappearance/death.

You forgot spying on her.

Which was the worst of it IMHO. Imagine worrying and wondering everyday that you will say or do something wrong. I think Nancy was so vocal sometimes because she believed Brad was finding out/hearing it anyway so she was saying exactly what she wanted to hoping he would he hear. They were making each others lives hell..he was just more quiet about it. And honestly, maybe it was abit on the premeditated part..act like the quiet unassuming guy, no one to say they have actually witnessed it. Brad actually may have been a lot smarter than we give him credit for and had been thinking about this a lot longer too.

I hope HM gets called. I bet she is privy to some conversations with Brad that are not as good.

Kelly

If I may add; not father should ever be in the situation Mr. Rentz currently is. It is so sad.

I had a friend with severe Chrones disease. Sex for her was not an option. SO, does this mean it gives her husband a pass to cheat?

Snowshuze, did you watch Krista's testimony? Do you remember that Krista testified that Nancy "met someone" on a trip (I think to FL) within a year of marrying Brad and that that man came to Canada to be with Nancy when Krista got married? I doubt that was a result of her Chron's. MOO

ETA- Not trying to bash Nancy here. Just reminding folks that BC was not the only one who engaged in "extracurricular activities." That seems to be overlooked/forgotten.

He seemed social enough, went to lunch with co-workers, played tennis with friends, went to neighborhood barbecues. He even watched the kids while his wife drank and socialized with her friends. It all seems normal to me.

And remember, she didn't start trashing him until learning of the affair and then that was all she did constantly. Making him look bad would certainly help her in the divorce/custody. But no one, not even her friends saw him mistreat her ever. Yes, there is a witness that heard them arguing, but couples argue all the time and even Krista said Nancy turned into a monster at times.

Even the money stuff, we are learning more. He gave her $700 for her week vacation and she blew it all the first day but let her parents think she wasn't given any cash for the trip.

I think he had some good qualities but woudn't give him the husband or father of the year award. I think he is a very private person...likely very introverted...didn't really enjoy all of the social interaction. In fact, I see him mostly on the sidelines at all the social functions. I think they were both under a lot of stress. Everyone handles that differently. Some process it all on the inside and some process it by talking a lot. I guess that one doesn't know how one would react unless you actually experience something similar.

If you would only know how often I use google to translate!

Believe me, it doesn't show at ALL! Your wording is proper, your grammar excellent. Had you not stated so, I never would have guessed English wasn't your first language. Welcome aboard. :)

Snowshuze, did you watch Krista's testimony? Do you remember that Krista testified that Nancy "met someone" on a trip (I think to FL) within a year of marrying Brad and that that man came to Canada to be with Nancy when Krista got married? I doubt that was a result of her Chron's. MOO
I was making a general statement aimed at the concept "I don't think a spouse should go without for years", and getting a pass to cheat.

If Brad was so nasty as to leave his sheets in that condition, I wouldn't want to sleep with him either. Just sayin.

They wanted to show the level of "friendship" between them for this guy to even be called, ie, more than just knowing who the other was, first of all....

Then to show mood, etc., and what time BC went home on the Friday before the day of NC's disappearance/death.

Yes, I agree with you. However, to me it seemed like more of a defense witness in that there was "nothing" there to take away. Normal day, not a close friend (you'd see each other socially more than 1x a quarter if more friendly), took a long lunch with work guys, talked about computers, nothing weird going on.

As did she. It was a sexless marriage. I don't think a spouse should have to go w/o for years (IMO). They probably should have divorced long before the affair started.

We don't have any 'real' proof of that either, just what was said. I don't believe for a minute that there weren't intimate moments in that house when they were going to counseling etc. I find it very very hard to believe that is true.

Either way, he should have gotten an attorney and gotten a divorce and had sex wherever and with whoever he wanted.

Kelly

how many H.S. friends can you recall at this moment? Ten? I'll bet you CAN. Me, too. I can remember every one of my teachers' names from kindergarten through senior year in H.S. Can you? Betcha can.

I can remember the names of 6 high school friends from the 3 high schools I attended.

I can recall the names of 4 of my teachers: 3rd grade, 5th grade, 6th grade, and one high school English teacher -- no others.

Believe me, it doesn't show at ALL! Your wording is proper, your grammar excellent. Had you not stated so, I never would have guessed English wasn't your first language. Welcome aboard. :)

Many thanks. I really appreciated you being so dedicated, that is what I read every night, given I am six Hours away from you.

BTW Please feel free to correct me any time

I was making a general statement aimed at the concept "I don't think a spouse should go without for years", and getting a pass to cheat.

If Brad was so nasty as to leave his sheets in that condition, I wouldn't want to sleep with him either. Just sayin.

I'm sorry, but she just seems to get a pass. That's the only problem I have with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆