GUILTY NC - Spc. Megan Touma, 23, pregnant, murdered, Fayetteville, 13 June 2008

http://www.truecrimeweblog.com/

~bump~

For anyone just reading, the above linked blog, by Steve Huff, is a great read with many links (thinking of you, Celt :)

I love Steve's blog and was an avid reader back when he was updating a lot. He really has such a way of detailing the crimes, and the perps. HIGHLY recommend his blog to any true crime lover. Good stuff over there.

:saythat:"Man has two supreme loyalties - to country and to family...So long as their families are safe, they will defend their country, believing that by their sacrifice they are safeguarding their families also. But even the bonds of patriotism, discipline, and comradeship are loosened when the family itself is threatened.
- General William T. Sherman

I think I found something to help explain how indirect care of family members (my heading an family readiness group of six hundred soldiers' family members...and that is just my example but trust me...it is the same throughout all branches of service) serves this country. General Sherman said it best. I apologize in advance to all on this thread for such a horrid violation of OT conversation. No more on the matter from my camp.

IMO, the letter was written by a soldier. The date is written in military style to start with and then he switched back to civilian style date. I think he was attempting to throw LE off of his trail with the Zodiac crap. Furthermore, don't all killers basically think that they are above the law? They wouldn't kill (which is breaking the law) if they didn't have this thought. Killing is not something that LAW ABIDING citizens generally do anyhow...military or civilian.
Totally agree. It just seems extraordinary to me that the official website of the Engineering Tract of the Special Forces of the US Army at Fort Bragg (Green Berets, yes?) which the POI soldier apparently belongs to would still be featuring on their front page an article attacking North Carolina civilian Law Enforcement over an incident which happenned in 2002. Where would one bad apple get his ideas? It is more than a little bit disconcerting to think that this attitude might be drilled into his head.

official website of the Engineering Division of the US Army at Fort Bragg

that page is the ENGINEERING TRACT of the SPECIAL FORCES SCHOOL at Fort Bragg. If you read both links it describes all of the different specialties within the school. I posted the engineering tract link d/t the 54th eng btn tipster.

~however~ linked earlier here was the fact that the POI is enrolled in psyops, which is also part of special forces division.

http://www.bragg.army.mil/psyop/school_information.htm
http://www.bragg.army.mil/psyop/ ...lifications.htm

Thanks for the link! I hope they get this guy soon.
did you see where on "Bonnies Blog" there is a new guy from NBC17 wanting to talk to Anibal? has to be the guy.
it's also now on CNN's front page(finally).. Fellow GI SOUGHT-thought that was interesting.is he AWOl or just a bad choice of words?!-

did you see where on "Bonnies Blog" there is a new guy from NBC17 wanting to talk to Anibal?

yes, Celt, I did! Read the updates on Steve's blog. Very interesting things he has to say on the hits his site got today and where they came from! I also dangled a twinkie there LOL....

LOL Good Job! hope he comes back and replies:)
see you were overseas for a long time! me too!! Military BRAT! :)

Just catching up here....wow...a lot happened while I was gone! Thanks for all the great links.

One other thing....God Bless our military and their families!!:usa:

see you were overseas for a long time! me too!! Military BRAT! :)

Which parts? Mannheim, GE.........Geissen, GE.........Heidelberg, GE..........and Langoens, GE for us. Loved it and miss it terribly.

My neighbor, here on post at Fort Leavenworth, is actually German and from Bamberg. She cannot believe it. Believe it or not, the number of violent criminals in the military is WAY LOWER than that of mainstream America in terms of ratio.

Here at Leavenworth is the USDB...the prison for all military criminals from all branches serving a sentence of more than 10 years....

Out of all 547,000 troops from all branches of service including active duty, guard, and reserve, there are only `515 prisoners here with a sentence of more than 10 years (speaks loudly on number of violent offenders/murderers/etc)

http://usacac.army.mil/CAC/usdb.asp

I believe the rapt attention in this case also has something to do with its' rarity. IMHOO

HEY AMSTER!!!! Did you bring the foil? I need to wrap my head lol

Which parts? Mannheim, GE.........Geissen, GE.........Heidelberg, GE..........and Langoens, GE for us. Loved it and miss it terribly.

My neighbor, here on post at Fort Leavenworth, is actually German and from Bamberg. She cannot believe it. Believe it or not, the number of violent criminals in the military is WAY LOWER than that of mainstream America in terms of ratio.

Here at Leavenworth is the USDB...the prison for all military criminals from all branches serving a sentence of more than 10 years....

Out of all 547,000 troops from all branches of service including active duty, guard, and reserve, there are only `515 prisoners here with a sentence of more than 10 years (speaks loudly on number of violent offenders/murderers/etc)

http://usacac.army.mil/CAC/usdb.asp

I believe the rapt attention in this case also has something to do with its' rarity. IMHOO

Lived In Lakenheath England for 24 years Dad was in the AF.. never got to Germany :(
I agree about the crime being low in the military,The GI's can lose a stripe if they/or their kids get in to trouble. Overseas if any of the kids got into trouble they were sent back to the United states ...
So to the person who said that the Military thinks that they can get away with anything they want...THATS Not the Military I know :confused:

I agree about the crime being low in the military,The GI's can lose a stripe if they/or their kids get in to trouble. Overseas if any of the kids got into trouble they were sent back to the United states ...
So to the person who said that the Military thinks that they can get away with anything they want...THATS Not the Military I know :confused:

Agreed Celt! When I worked as a new parent support home visiting nurse in mannheim, GE we had one teen pregnancy in the three years I worked there. Talk about a comparative ratio!

lol I know what you mean! my mouth still drops when I watch "COPS":)
well have a great night and Thank You for the warm welcome!
(and hopefully when we wake up we have someone in custody!)

:smiliescale:pCSing from Oconus (permanant change of station) from overseas http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/OCONUS is exhausting and very busy for active duty and their families doing it. Just for a little background for the timeline I have typed up my own personal experiences to understand perhaps, in a small way, what Megan was going through.

~4-6 months before moving stations (pcs) we have an idea of where we go next. SUPPOSEDLY MEGAN REQUESTED BRAGG... SEVERAL ALLEGED FRIENDS MENTIONED HER FIANCE' OR BOYFRIEND, OR BABYDADDY BEING STATIONED THERE. THE TIPSTER MENTIONS THE PREGNANCY, PATERNITY, AND THE FACT THAT THE ALLEGED FATHER IS MARRIED

~1-2 months before we move we finally get confirmation of where we are going via a RFO (request for orders). We can arrange transportation (movers scheduled to pack you up and move you out) with these in most cases. In other cases you need hard orders. After the RFO the hard copy is there in four weeks or so

~in between continuing to work, changing command or responsibility and training incoming person into your current job you are outprocessing post, closing out german phone bills, german internet bills, and cleaning and scrubbing your quarters. This takes weeks of long and hard work. You are also coordinating flights to the states and researching next duty station

~the last week before flying is grueling! You try to clear everything before the flight. You have shipped your car already and have to rent a car...and it is EXPENSIVE. If you are lucky you have friends willing to drive you around and take you to the airport...so you don't have to spend 800 euros on a car for the week (about one thousand us dollars). But lots of times friends are deployed or working. You don't get reimbursed for a rental on the other side...it is out of pocket.....but we military know this and are prepared for it

~you've turned everything in and paid everything off in Germany...including your cell phone. All you have on the plane are your two checked bags...stuffed full of everything you could possibly need for the next 30 days until your "hold baggage" gets there, and a caryon with important papers, and the rest of what you need for the next few months. ON HER TRIBUTE PAGE MANY OF MEGAN'S FRIENDS DESCRIBE HUGGING HER BEFORE SHE LEFT. SHE HAD MANY FRIENDS AND COWORKERS THAT TRULY CARED ABOUT HER AND WOULD CONTINUE, MOST LIKELY, FRIENDSHIPS AFTER THE PCS TO FORT BRAGG

~you get on the plane sometime in the morning...usually btwn 7-11 am. You walk through at least two (sometimes four or more) scanners to pennetrate the international flight area...and almost miss your flight because of it.

~you fly 8 hours to 'transportation approved' airport (they only pay to land in certain regions....so Megan may have had to land in Charleston or some other place, and rent a car and drive the remainder of the way). DID SOMEONE PICK HER UP AT THE FINAL DESTINATION OR DID SHE RENT THE CAR THERE AND DRIVE ON TO FORT BRAGG?

More, continued

~you get off of the plane...endure the customs lines, get all of your bags, and stagger with jet lag to the rentacar counter most international flights from germany land in the noonish time frame which gives a 12 ish hour window from landing until reporting at bragg

~you drive as far as you can to new location before succombing to a cat nap or two or three or eight at any gas station or rest stop along the way

~you make it there and sign in no matter what hour she signed in at 2 am and was also at 0600 formation. she was a RESPONSIBLE SOLDIER. She was not only jet lagging but also able to keep everything else in check...
~you are up and at it for formation right away..even if you haven't slept for days she reported in around 2am...but where was she inbetween flight and sign in and how did she get there and was anyone with her?

~you follow commander's instructions and begin to inprocess the new facility while looking for a place to live, a cell phone, new cable, internet and phone service, and getting to know the base and where the heck to find all the offices that you need to check off on your inprocessing sheet that needs to be turned in, to the first sergeant, completed.this could be one reason why she was not reported awol by the replacement detachment...as they have a lot of legwork to do/driving around and waiting in lines..to inprocess the post... You have to go to travel to arrange delivery of household goods (and have an address to do so) and process your travel pay at finance. There are long waiting lines in every place. You sign in the book and wait to have your name called. with the long weekend she most likely didn't have much time (while offices were open) to inprocess fort bragg. She got in at 2am, was at morning and afternoon formation, turned barracks key back in (again a very responsible and mature decision..most would forget about it until first sergeant reminded them), and stated she was looking for off post housing and poof she is gone! This does not keep with her character....Could perp have gotten her on the eve of that thursday???

~you end the day, like a good soldier, with formation. she was at 1500 formation

~you take the next three day weekend to catch up on jetlag (as it sucks coming from europe to the states) and sleep at funky hours of the day and night for a few weeks. there was a three day weekend

@MONDAY COMES AND YOU MISS FORMATION
@AND YOU MISS IT TUESDAY
@AND YOU MISS IT WEDNESDAY
@AND THURSDAY AND FRIDAY

~and you are not awol. And no one from the replacement detachment has even come to see where you are or what you are doing or if you need help.

~and then you are found dead

AGAIN...THIS IS HYPOTHETICAL BASED ON MY OWN YEARS OF EXPERIENCE DOING THE OCONUS MOVE

Nursebeeme this depresses me just thinking about it......six months to go and we start heading back to the states.

Just dread the move, but can't wait to get back home!

:smiliescale:pCSing from Oconus (permanant change of station) from overseas http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/OCONUS is exhausting and very busy for active duty and their families doing it. Just for a little background for the timeline I have typed up my own personal experiences to understand perhaps, in a small way, what Megan was going through.

~4-6 months before moving stations (pcs) we have an idea of where we go next. SUPPOSEDLY MEGAN REQUESTED BRAGG... SEVERAL ALLEGED FRIENDS MENTIONED HER FIANCE' OR BOYFRIEND, OR BABYDADDY BEING STATIONED THERE. THE TIPSTER MENTIONS THE PREGNANCY, PATERNITY, AND THE FACT THAT THE ALLEGED FATHER IS MARRIED

~1-2 months before we move we finally get confirmation of where we are going via a RFO (request for orders). We can arrange transportation (movers scheduled to pack you up and move you out) with these in most cases. In other cases you need hard orders. After the RFO the hard copy is there in four weeks or so

~in between continuing to work, changing command or responsibility and training incoming person into your current job you are outprocessing post, closing out german phone bills, german internet bills, and cleaning and scrubbing your quarters. This takes weeks of long and hard work. You are also coordinating flights to the states and researching next duty station

~the last week before flying is grueling! You try to clear everything before the flight. You have shipped your car already and have to rent a car...and it is EXPENSIVE. If you are lucky you have friends willing to drive you around and take you to the airport...so you don't have to spend 800 euros on a car for the week (about one thousand us dollars). But lots of times friends are deployed or working. You don't get reimbursed for a rental on the other side...it is out of pocket.....but we military know this and are prepared for it

~you've turned everything in and paid everything off in Germany...including your cell phone. All you have on the plane are your two checked bags...stuffed full of everything you could possibly need for the next 30 days until your "hold baggage" gets there, and a caryon with important papers, and the rest of what you need for the next few months. ON HER TRIBUTE PAGE MANY OF MEGAN'S FRIENDS DESCRIBE HUGGING HER BEFORE SHE LEFT. SHE HAD MANY FRIENDS AND COWORKERS THAT TRULY CARED ABOUT HER AND WOULD CONTINUE, MOST LIKELY, FRIENDSHIPS AFTER THE PCS TO FORT BRAGG

~you get on the plane sometime in the morning...usually btwn 7-11 am. You walk through at least two (sometimes four or more) scanners to pennetrate the international flight area...and almost miss your flight because of it.

~you fly 8 hours to 'transportation approved' airport (they only pay to land in certain regions....so Megan may have had to land in Charleston or some other place, and rent a car and drive the remainder of the way). DID SOMEONE PICK HER UP AT THE FINAL DESTINATION OR DID SHE RENT THE CAR THERE AND DRIVE ON TO FORT BRAGG?

More, continued

....so Megan may have had to land in Charleston....

Doesn't the ex-husband live in Charleston? Could he have given her a ride? (IF that was where she landed of course)

ETA: Thanks for all your hard work in gathering info and sharing!

Tsunami we PCS in 5 weeks. We ship our truck out tomorrow. Thank God we have a hooptie that we can drive around until the day we leave..We live about 2 hours from Bamberg where Megan was stationed. I have friends who are stationed there I should call and see what's being ''said'' on that side. Good luck on your move! I am so excited to be moving back to the USA that I could just SCREAMMMM! (ps I got your email about Guam..very interesting!)

Nursebeeme this depresses me just thinking about it......six months to go and we start heading back to the states.

Just dread the move, but can't wait to get back home!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back