17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, new here but I've been following this case closely since it hit the media rounds. I was wondering if the community has any comments regarding basic concealed weapon protocol as indicated in
http://myweaponspermit.com/top-five-concealed-carry-mistakes/

"Even though concealed weapon holders are peaceful and law-abiding citizens, WE HAVE TO GO OUT OF THE WAY TO AVOID CONFLICT. Just because we can legally carry a concealed weapon DOES NOT MAKE US POLICE OFFICERS."

I know that's not an MSM link but it's relevant to GZ's actions in this case and I can't find it actually reported anywhere; I wonder why.

:welcome::wagon::welcome:

I agree but with the seriousness of the charges against him, I personally don't believe he should be out on bail.

~jmo~

He has lost his permit to carry a concealed weapon now. Best just stay in jail.

I agree GZ is probably safer in jail. But I don't want him injured while in there, he deserves his day in court.

moo

wm

Sorry, new here but I've been following this case closely since it hit the media rounds. I was wondering if the community has any comments regarding basic concealed weapon protocol as indicated in

"Even though concealed weapon holders are peaceful and law-abiding citizens, WE HAVE TO GO OUT OF THE WAY TO AVOID CONFLICT. Just because we can legally carry a concealed weapon DOES NOT MAKE US POLICE OFFICERS."

I know that's not an MSM link but it's relevant to GZ's actions in this case and I can't find it actually reported anywhere; I wonder why.

Thank you for your link. Very interesting information. Welcome to the board as well!!

Fla. Gov. Scott to Newsmax: Trayvon Case ‘Headed In the Right Direction’

“I think everyone is comfortable that Angela Corey [the special prosecutor appointed by Scott] is doing a good job. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement has a great reputation. So I think we are headed in the right direction,” Scott said.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Scott-Trayvon-Martin-Romney/2012/04/16/id/436048

Well, how inconsiderate of the jail officials, not to make sure all the other criminals in jail are people that GZ knows and approves of.

Thank you for that laugh I needed it!

IzzyBlanche Registered User Join Date: Dec 2009

George Zimmerman Afraid of Being Killed in Jail

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...IjCLzlbwv14seK

BBM.......Who has the copyright for the above bolded?

IzzyBlanche Registered User Join Date: Dec 2009

George Zimmerman Afraid of Being Killed in Jail

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...IjCLzlbwv14seK

BBM.......Who has the copyright for the above bolded?

I do.

ETA: To get full legal protection I would have to trademark it, I think. But I did think up the phrase and I noticed people using similar phrases at protests, so I stuck that copyright on it.

Too bad so sad for Zimmerman. Guess he should have thought about all the possible repercussions before he took the law into his own hands and decided to snuff out an innocent kid's life...

Respectfully snipped. GZ is afraid of being in jail. Fine. GZ should have considered how scared TM was when he was stalked and shot like an animal. :moo:

Respectfully snipped. GZ is afraid of being in jail. Fine. GZ should have considered how scared TM was when he was stalked and shot like an animal. :moo:

:clap:

There is an upside though. Now instead of calling 911, he can just yell down the hallway.

:clap:

There is an upside though. Now instead of calling 911, he can just yell down the hallway.

If he keeps calling for a Correctional Officer about trivia and tattling on his neighbors, he is going to make himself very, very unpopular with both COs and his fellow inmates.

Some of that is just a re-phrasing of the rules from the Florida Gun Licensing Website.
http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/self_defense.html

Other states have similar rules that every gun owner is supposed to know. Obviously the NRA has figured out that people like George Zimmerman didn't read the rules too closely.

To me, the NRA is sending out a sort of "dog whistle" to gun owners in Florida and other states because they really, really don't want anymore incidents like this to happen. It draws way too much negative attention to their cause, which is the cause of every human being owning a gun, I guess.

They also don't want people to be reported for carrying a weapon in places where they aren't supposed to be, or even in places where it's legal because it begs the question of why it is even necessary to be armed to the gills all the time if you don't intend to shoot people. (Makes no sense to me, but what do I know?)

The NRA doesn't care about innocent victims like Trayvon Martin. They just don't want people to create more reasons for state legislatures to overturn Stand Your Ground laws. JMOO :cow:

I'm sure GZ really is afraid of being killed in jail, but he is much safer in jail than he would be if sentenced to prison. In jail, he at least is in a one man lockdown cell. In prison he would not have that luxury. People are not going to forget GZ, and (prison) inmates are no exception.

In the course of 24 hours, he does come in contact with different officers at count time, shower time, and if he chooses his hour or so out of his solitary confinement cell. He will probably come in contact with trustees also.

If he is afraid at all, his shower time is probably his most vulnerable time, IMO. Imagine being naked and water running in the open stall shower, and an officer having to more or less watch your every move. GZ has no privacy whatsoever, but is in no danger of being harmed by officers. I would think that GZ is literally begging his lawyer to get him out of there.

Count time is done at least three times during the course of each shift and not always at the same times. During count time, his face cannot be turned toward the wall or covered. That can be intimidating to someone who isn't used to being awakened and ordered to show his face.

GZ is now in a place where he has no authority at all. He will have a very hard time adjusting, IMO. He has nothing but time and probably is constantly reliving the night he shot Trayvon. He has to stick with his original story, though.

George is really in no danger in jail, IMO. His big problems would definately come in prison if he is found guilty and sentenced.

This is of his own making and I certainly do not feel at all sorry for him.

MOO's

But if someone in there wants to get to you, it is still possible, even if in Protective custody. Not as easy as if he were in General population, but it still is a danger.

No, not really. GZ is safe in PC.

The only thing I would so carefully watch out for is the food. There are no chefs in jail. All the food is cooked by trustees.

:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member