Search not working since the 10/26 update

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Since last night's update I have noticed that searching for old things posted does not bring up results. For example when I type in the name of a person for a thread I know exists, like "Typhenie" the search brings up no results. I also am not able to search specific threads for anything prior to 10/27. For example, I tried to search the Zuzu Verk thread for "Harrison" to find all references to Harrison Street and I only found one post from my timeline posted this morning after the update. I know there are multiple other references to Harrison Street in the thread.

I hope the techs can fix this soon. I posted a few new threads this morning in the Missing forum and may have duplicated threads because I did not realize this was an issue before now.

Thanks for all your hard work! Other than the search feature not working properly, the forum is flying along at top speed for me now.

I get this message when I try to use the advance search and when I click on the link for today's posts.

This forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between searches. Please try again in 28702 seconds.

Thanks everyone. We will have a few glitches because of the move to the new server.

We have a much stronger server now in preparation for the A&E Show.

Thank you for your patience.

When we move to the new server certain parts of the software need to be rebuilt.

The search option is one of them.

Dave is working hard to get the search engine finished by the first of the weekend if not before.

Thanks for your patience!

We know you have many options to choose from when you fly so thank you for flying Websleuths. :crazy:

Hiya, maybe this is due to myself because I forgot (this happens!), but I cannot find ALL my own posts, only the recent ones.

Hiya, maybe this is due to myself because I forgot (this happens!), but I cannot find ALL my own posts, only the recent ones.

Me too. I was trying to find an old link I had posted last month and I went to my old posts---and I don't see any but the past 11 of them...

Me too. I was trying to find an old link I had posted last month and I went to my old posts---and I don't see any but the past 11 of them...

Let me check. That may have something to do with the search engine he is working on. I'll get back to you as soon as I find out anything.

Tricia

Yes, as soon as Dave has the search function finished all the old posts should return.

We are shooting for tomorrow but please keep in mind this is a huge job that requires a great deal of work along with long hours.

Your patience is always appreciated.

Thank you,
Tricia

Is there any update on search function?
I am still receiving:
The following errors occurred with your search:

This forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between searches. Please try again in 11915 seconds.

I have also tried to sort forum by country option and it gave me the same error.

Is there any update on search function?

I am still receiving:

The following errors occurred with your search:

This forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between searches. Please try again in 11915 seconds.

I have also tried to sort forum by country option and it gave me the same error.

I'm having the same problem as well.

I'm having the same problem as well.

I only get that particular error when I'm using a mobile device and i go to my profile and select the option for my last posts. After i get the error message, I simply go back to my profile page, wait a few seconds and try again.

The way I work around this is to go to 'Full Site' at the bottom of my (mobile) profile page, rather than stay in 'mobile mode'. You can always change back to 'WS Mobile style' by using the drop down menu at the bottom of this page (or any other) and their are lots more cool features in 'Full Site' or 'WS 2016 style'.

As for searching, use Google if you can't find what you're looking for using the WS search function. Just type in say, a name and/or descriptive terms enclosed in quote marks and using plus signs between terms, and then type site:www.websleuths.com

For example if I wanted to find this thread using Google (or any other browser) Search:

"Forum Finesse" +"10/26 update" site:www.websleuths.com

You get this result at the top of the search page:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q="forum+finesse"++"10/26+update"+site:www.websleuths.com

Click on it and voila:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?320150-Search-not-working-since-the-10-26-update

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back