LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
It establishes probable cause to enough of an extent where LE could potentially locate said POI and bring them in for questioning.

I don't see him as that likely of a POI. He never acted aggressive or violent in any way towards this girl. She voluntarily climbed into his truck. He offered her cash for sex, she said no, and he dropped her off, SAFELY. I don't see how that makes him a top suspect. JMO

Not without PROOF that it ever happened that way. You cannot just go to LE and make unfounded accusations. And there is often a lot of ambiguity in conversations like that, imo.

This girl comes forward two months later and makes these accusations. And people want this man arrested for a conversation she describes? That is frightening, imo.

Who wants him arrested 2 months later? I just thought it was odd that she didn't report that some weirdo was going around Lafayette, looking for pretty girls and soliciting them for sex. Not for an arrest to be made--for public awareness. And so the police may be aware that they may have someone doing this to keep an eye out for. LE can't be aware of everything that goes on in the city without some sort of input from citizens. When we had bikes stolen from our house, we knew we'd never see the bikes again (didn't even know their serial numbers) but we did want to make LE aware that things were being stolen from our neighborhood.

Not without PROOF that it ever happened that way. You cannot just go to LE and make unfounded accusations. And there is often a lot of ambiguity in conversations like that, imo.

This girl comes forward two months later and makes these accusations. And people want this man arrested for a conversation she describes? That is frightening, imo.

It's the same as any other crime a person would report. LE has a civic duty to, at a bare minimum, examine the report and determine whether or not to pursue an investigation. And I would think that local, state, and federal LE are, at this time, going to leave no stone un-turned in this search effort.

They don't necessarily need to arrest this POI, but I'd bet dollars-to-donuts that they want to talk to him.

I'm sorry but this post is unclear ~ Are you saying MS had stopped in and shopped at the Circle K?
Earlier in the day when she was on her way to Artmosphere or just before she disappeared?

The cashier told me the cop didn't tell her when, just that she was IDed shopping inside the store that day or night. I doubt it was before she disappeared though.

I don't necessarily want him arrested.....investigated would be the word. I personally would have called the police station the SECOND after he droppedme off. If someone offering you money for sex is not the reddest of all red flags, then I don't know what is.

135 members and 149 guests filling the thread at this moment: guests, please join, we'd love to have you.

I don't see him as that likely of a POI. He never acted aggressive or violent in any way towards this girl. She voluntarily climbed into his truck. He offered her cash for sex, she said no, and he dropped her off, SAFELY. I don't see how that makes him a top suspect. JMO

I agree. It doesn't make him a top suspect...merely a POI.

And, following up on your points, IMO given his actions (particularly his non-aggressive behavior in the alleged incident), he's much more safely categorized here as a POI than he is as a suspect.

Brace yourself for more confusion though - are the questions being taken and answered by reporters?
Part of the reason I'm still confused is that, jimo, some of the articles published are unclear.
According to that link, yes. This might be a good opportunity to give them some good questions to ask LPD. :waitasec:
Join us for a live chat at 2 p.m. where our reporters who have been covering the Mickey Shunick case will be available to answer any questions you may have about the ongoing search for Mickey.

Now the truck buffs need to come forward.

I have NO clue about new vehicles, but I bet a lot of locals here do.

Has there been any discussion or info released about the year range of the Z71?

Can anyone her help narrow it down? Has LE?

This is the only picture
bilde

So the truck that was pictured going the other way on that same street (without a timestamp) is a separate truck from the one pictured above - is that correct? How are you sure?

So there were three separate trucks in question all along?

Just for info, if I'm not mistaken, a "Z71" is not a specific truck, it is a package added to GMC's and Chev's for easier driving off road such as a plate under the gas tank and better suspension, among other things. There will usually be a decal on the truck with Z71 written on it.
We have a GMC Sierra 2500 with the Z71 package. (not white though!)

If this is true, I am not convinced the "patterson" truck is not the same as in the photo then. It depends on what that "black thing" is behind the driver + passenger area is. Is that a tool box that goes in the bed?
If so, to me, it could be one + the same. JMO

A question is whether there is an identifying mark on the front door of this truck or if that's just an artifact of the poor quality video. If you look at the door, it looks like there is an arc that starts at the bottom of the door, goes up under the front window and maybe continues all the way to the headlight on that side. It's shape is like if you were looking up at the St Louis Arch. It may be real or it may be just caused by the bad video resolution.

bilde

I noticed that too. I think it might be the light from the street lamp reflecting on the road sign, because the corner of the sign matches the 'arc' in the door.

I'm sorry but this post is unclear ~ Are you saying MS had stopped in and shopped at the Circle K?
Earlier in the day when she was on her way to Artmosphere or just before she disappeared?

But this would be an example of an individual police officer sharing info to one of the Circle K workers about the ongoing case. I assumed they don't do that. I'm confused.

So, according to the Daily Advertiser, the truck's OFFICIALLY a Chevy? NOT a GMC?

No updates on the official facebook page for 20 hours, compared to the 10 or 11 updates yesterday. :waitasec:

You couldn't pick a better vehicle to be a perp. A lot of them in Lafayette have out-of-state plates. And they are thick as flies.

So the truck that was pictured going the other way on that same street (without a timestamp) is a separate truck from the one pictured above - is that correct? How are you sure?

So there were three separate trucks in question all along?

There were only two different trucks. The ONLY truck in question now is the one pictured (Chevy). The other two pictures of white trucks are the SAME truck, but NOT the Chevy Z71. if that makes sense...I feel like this needs to be reiterated.
This is regarded as a fact by the LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member