GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
and wasn't her front door locked when friends went looking for her Wednesday? Why would she lock the door to run outside for a second? Unless of course they were walking a few feet away. remember that girl at Chapel Hill NC, college blonde, Eve Carson, who was abducted late night? Gang activity.

I've read LG befriended underdogs and the shy or some such. Maybe she didnt' think it was dangerous becuase she was just friendly and thought everyone was. I dont know her so that's just speculation. But I do agree it seems she was abducted, by whom I can't decide what I think.

I don't know. I have searched and searched and I can't find anything about this. If it were as big a deal as you are making it sound, I would expect it to pop up pretty easily.

What caused the 'beat down'? That looks pretty mild and kind of not that big a deal.

I didn't find it online, it was sent to me.
I am asking Bessie if I can post a link to it.
I wasn't quoting directly from the email, what I wrote in quotation was me paraphrasing the nature of his HYPO and adding in some humor, his tone was dead serious. People found his construct to not only be a transparent attempt to bash Obama on a whim under the guise of a HYPO exercise, but also as frivolous and immature. His defensive replies didn't help.
Law students are not warm and fuzzy, many of them take pride in sharpening their daggers on their classmates skeleton's after a debate as practice for their future careers where being cutthroat is often a matter of life or death for those they represent. They basically tarred and feathered him in response.

A person who is a great debater is one who can win when they do not agree with their own view. Without seeing the entire email and responses, it is hard to tell. I am looking forward to seeing this, and hopefully, finding out the background from a few sources.

For now, I have to go buy more items for my daughter to move into her new apartment next week. She will be back down in Macon full time after this week. I want this resolved now. I would like to feel a little more secure sending her back down there to stay.

Regarding my comments about SM and Asperger's Syndrome, here's an inventory of AS traits in gifted adults that might be interesting to look at. Better total info on AS on the web, I know, but this caught my eye thinking about SM:

http://www.paulcooijmans.com/personalitytests/asperger.html

Very true. He could have an Autism Spectrum Disorder, but I was only comfortable noting the possibility of not being adept at reading social cues because that is a hefty diagnosis to speculate about.

Very true. He could have an Autism Spectrum Disorder, but I was only comfortable noting the possibility of not being adept at reading social cues because that is a hefty diagnosis to speculate about.

Yes, it is, I agree. Also still being defined, IMO! And I note, too, that even the "test" on the link I posted points out that the traits being tested for are not necessarily indicative of AS but might be indicative of an inclination to psychiatric disorder, in general

Wow, we already shared that we've had kind of the same reaction to SM, angelaanalyzes, and here you 'fess up that you had much the same reaction to JD that I did (though I was an adult), something that a lot of people I discussed it with back then didn't understand -- and Bundy has always affected me in a very different way. We must have similar "meters" running.

That is something. I was probably 6 watching his trial and developed an obsessive crush on him, probably didn't bode well for my taste in men later on, but a big part of that was even at that young age my sympathy meter was going off the charts for the dude. He seemed genuinely bewildered by his own urges and actions, and also remorseful. Cannibalism is the sad act of a lonely person.
Bundy just seemed like a gleeful monster feigning whatever he thought would be beneficial at the moment. Whereas Bundy tried and escaped multiple times, going on spiteful killing sprees and balking at his impending death sentence, Dahmer is reported to have allowed the inmate who killed him to attack him, letting his arms fall slack to the sides, the other man who was attacked fought for his life.

That is something. I was probably 6 watching his trial and developed an obsessive crush on him, probably didn't bode well for my taste in men later on, but a big part of that was even at that young age my sympathy meter was going off the charts for the dude. He seemed genuinely bewildered by his own urges and actions, and also remorseful. Cannibalism is a sad act of a lonely person.
Bundy just seemed like a gleeful monster feigning whatever he thought would be beneficial at the moment. Whereas Bundy tried and escaped multiple times, going on spiteful killing sprees and balking at his impending death sentence, Dahmer is reported to have allowed the inmate to attack him, letting his arms fall slack to the sides.

My take on those, pretty much! The part I bolded resonates, especially. Well worded!

*Not to mention that Bundy was a bona fide sadist, one of the worst I know of.*

I am wondering about possible sadistic aspects to this crime...

We may just have to wait to hear more evidence to know about that with certainty.

I didn't find it online, it was sent to me.
I am asking Bessie if I can post a link to it.
I wasn't quoting directly from the email, what I wrote in quotation was me paraphrasing the nature of his HYPO and adding in some humor, his tone was dead serious. People found his construct to not only be a transparent attempt to bash Obama on a whim under the guise of a HYPO exercise, but also as frivolous and immature. His defensive replies didn't help.
Law students are not warm and fuzzy, many of them take pride in sharpening their daggers on their classmates skeleton's after a debate as practice for their future careers where being cutthroat is often a matter of life or death for those they represent. They basically tarred and feathered him in response.

Goodness, we sound like a ruthless lot :innocent:

To be fair, the annoyance over the email probably did not primarily come from the opinions actually expressed in the content, but because it's considered bad form at our school to use the listserv to air unsolicited opinions (political, religious, legal or otherwise). There's 120-140ish people in each class, and it can be REALLY obnoxious when people climb up on their soapbox and try to lecture to the ENTIRE student body via the listserv.

It was probably compounded by the fact that he was a 1L at the time. It's a little like high school- freshmen are at the bottom of the totem pole and it's kind of best to learn the ropes before trying to make massive waves like sending out a highly opinionated political email to the entire student body.

ETA: Although I have to add, your assessment wasn't untrue of law students as a whole! Ha! I've heard law school described as all the types of kids you didn't like in undergrad gathered together in one place :)

Goodness, we sound like a ruthless lot :innocent:

To be fair, the annoyance over the email probably did not primarily come from the opinions actually expressed in the content, but because it's considered bad form at our school to use the listserv to air unsolicited opinions (political, religious, legal or otherwise). There's 120-140ish people in each class, and it can be REALLY obnoxious when people climb up on their soapbox and try to lecture to the ENTIRE student body via the listserv.

It was probably compounded by the fact that he was a 1L at the time. It's a little like high school- freshmen are at the bottom of the totem pole and it's kind of best to learn the ropes before trying to make massive waves like sending out a highly opinionated political email to the entire student body.

LOL, I just know a lot of attorneys and I see the banter, I know it's important to hone your skills in college, it's part of the job, and it's a major reason why I could never cut it at law school. I can't take the heat, the obligate bickering--but I respect [good] law students and lawyers [not Rakofskys] as our last line of defense in terms of protecting the constitutional rights and I'm glad lawyers and law students exist who can take that kind of heat.
I would cry and have a panic attack.
I do see why people were so irritated by McD's preachy 1L email ["signed: a True Son of Liberty"] because it's like he thought he was being really clever, really shrewd, it came off as quite pompous. But still, JEEZ. lol!

I assumed it was his friends since he received an email and replied to "all". I think that friendly type who has no boundaries in relationships or just doesn't "get it" type, is probalby as someone suggested, Asperger's Syndrome. Smart maybe but socially inept.

I assumed it was his friends since he received an email and replied to "all". I think that friendly type who has no boundaries in relationships or just doesn't "get it" type, is probalby as someone suggested, Asperger's Syndrome. Smart maybe but socially inept.

Well, McD stated he intentionally sent the email to the entire student body, and continued to respond to everyone.

WOW, haha. Here is an update from today on Associated Press.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...G_MDOL-?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

"Authorities have been awaiting results of FBI lab testing on items such as blood, fiber and fingerprints that could help determine who killed and dismembered the 27-year-old recent graduate of Mercer University's law school."

I wonder if that means there was indeed blood found at Barristers Hall in regards to the crime.........

Or just that they are looking for traces of blood. Curious if they used the black light or such to look for cleaned up blood stains (visible under certain light)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288