Trial Thread 4/19/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been working on a timeline for April 8th from the information that we've been getting. It's still a work in progress but perhaps it will help with some of the phone time confusion from today. If there is anything wrong or missing please let me know.

April 8: MR car caught on CASS surveillance video driving north on Fyfe at 9:04:05am.

April 8: MR makes post on Facebook “Everything good is comming my way” at 10:01am.

April 8: MR stays on AL’s Facebook for approx. 20 minutes after updating his status. Makes no post or comment on her page. Logs off at 10:22am.

April 8: MR caught on Bank of Montreal video surveillance in Woodstock at 11:13am making cash withdrawal of $400 and texting on his cell phone.

April 8: MR phone call logged at 11:37am.

April 8: Last phone call or data on MR cell phone out of Woodstock logged at 12:06pm.

April 8: MR dropped off TLM at employment centre at approx. 2:20pm. This was after she had returned home from the Foodland, shot up some Oxy and then he had shown up asking for some. So they “went to get some” and then he dropped her off at employment centre. Told her he was going out of town. No times recorded for these events but they would have taken place sometime between 11:13am and 2:20pm. He was in her driveway when she returned from employment centre, time unknown.

April 8: MR car caught on CASS surveillance video driving north on Fyfe at 3:05:15pm. According to TLM testimony, she should have been in the car at this time. This was supposedly the drive by past the school after he had picked up TLM from her home and when he “dared” her.

April 8: MR car caught on Esso surveillance video at 3:20:22pm. Video seems to show him alone in car at this time.

April 8: MR car caught on Esso surveillance video leaving station and turning onto Norwich Ave at 3:25:24pm.

April 8: MR car caught on CASS surveillance at 3:30:56pm driving north on Fyfe and turning into nursing home.

April 8: Tori and TLM caught on CASS surveillance at 3:32:20pm walking north on Fyfe and crossing street towards nursing home at 3:32:31pm.

April 8: MR car caught on CASS surveillance exiting nursing home and turning north on Fyfe at 3:33pm.

April 8: MR phone accessed data for the first time since 12:06pm at 4:18pm. That data connection lasted 44 minutes. Phone call placed from MR phone at 4:19pm in the Guelph area.

April 8: MR arrived at BA’s home in Guelph and placed call to her at 4:28pm because she wasn’t home yet.

April 8: BA came home a few minutes later, around 4:30pm and MR went into her house for about 10 minutes.

April 8: MR caught on video at Petro Canada station ATM, next to Home Depot, withdrawing $80 cash at approx. 5pm.

April 8: MR car caught on HD surveillance video in parking lot at 5:04pm. TLM exited car in back of lot and crossed parking lot to enter store.

April 8: TLM caught on HD surveillance video purchasing garbage bags and hammer from 5:05pm – 5:12pm.

April 8: TLM caught on HD surveillance video exiting store while Rafferty car drives across parking lot, trunk opens automatically and TLM puts purchase in the trunk before getting into car and driving off at 5:13pm.

April 8: Phone records show phone call made by MR to his voicemail at 7:47pm that pinged off the Mt Forest cell tower.

April 8: Phone records show a call in Arthur area at 8:05pm and another 3 calls in the Guelph/Cambridge area at 8:41pm, 8:45pm and 8:49pm.

April 8: Data calls on MR’s phone in the Woodstock/Drumbo area at 11:21pm and 11:37pm.

April 8: A police officer spots Rafferty car on Hwy 59 south of Woodstock just before midnight.

During that time period, there was a gap of roughly 45 minutes, from 4:18 p.m. to 5:03 p.m. when it can be shown that the BlackBerry was switched off, Mr. Broad agreed under cross-examination by Mr. Rafferty’s lawyer, Dirk Derstine.

I am wondering why Derstine wanted to reinforce the BB was switched off from 4:15 to 5:03?

On the surface of it, it seems to help the Crown support TLM's statements.

Scratching my head over that one, although I am sure Derstine had a reason.

We may hear more about that when the defense takes over.

Maybe TLM asked to use his phone and removed the battery?

Maybe she didn't want him to get any warnings about her plans?

Maybe someone knew what was going on and was trying to reach MR?

To me, it makes more sense than someone removing the battery from their phone to avoid detection..........and then putting it back in a little ways down the road.

TLM testified that MR was scanning news channels for anything about an abduction.

Someone that concerned doesn't just pop the battery back in and start talking...........

The Woodstock police were notified of missing VS at 6:06.

I wonder what time TLM and MR realized the police were involved?

Some things are missing from this trial....................

JMO................

I've been working on a timeline for April 8th from the information that we've been getting. It's still a work in progress but perhaps it will help with some of the phone time confusion from today. If there is anything wrong or missing please let me know.

April 8: MR car caught on CASS surveillance video driving north on Fyfe at 9:04:05am.

April 8: MR makes post on Facebook “good things are comming my way” at 10:01am.

April 8: MR stays on AL’s Facebook for approx. 20 minutes after updating his status. Makes no post or comment on her page. Logs off at 10:22am.

April 8: MR caught on Bank of Montreal video surveillance in Woodstock at 11:13am making cash withdrawal of $400 and texting on his cell phone.

April 8: Last phone call or data on MR cell phone out of Woodstock logged at 12:06pm.

April 8: MR dropped off TLM at employment centre at approx. 2:20pm. This was after she had returned home from the Foodland, shot up some Oxy and then he had shown up asking for some. So they “went to get some” and then he dropped her off at employment centre. Told her he was going out of town. No times recorded for these events but they would have taken place sometime between 11:13am and 2:20pm. He was in her driveway when she returned from employment centre, time unknown.

April 8: MR car caught on CASS surveillance video driving north on Fyfe at 3:05:15pm. According to TLM testimony, she should have been in the car at this time. This was supposedly the drive by past the school after he had picked up TLM from her home and when he “dared” her.

April 8: MR car caught on Esso surveillance video at 3:20:22pm. Video seems to show him alone in car at this time.

April 8: MR car caught on Esso surveillance video leaving station and turning onto Norwich Ave at 3:25:24pm.

April 8: MR car caught on CASS surveillance at 3:30:56pm driving north on Fyfe and turning into nursing home.

April 8: Tori and TLM caught on CASS surveillance at 3:32:20pm walking north on Fyfe and crossing street towards nursing home at 3:32:31pm.

April 8: MR car caught on CASS surveillance exiting nursing home and turning north on Fyfe at 3:33pm.

April 8: MR phone accessed data for the first time since 12:06pm at 4:18pm. That data connection lasted 44 minutes. Phone call placed from MR phone at 4:19pm in the Guelph area.

April 8: MR arrived at BA’s home in Guelph and placed call to her at 4:28pm because she wasn’t home yet.

April 8: BA came home a few minutes later, around 4:30pm and MR went into her house for about 10 minutes.

April 8: MR caught on video at Petro Canada station ATM, next to Home Depot, withdrawing $80 cash at approx. 5pm.

April 8: MR car caught on HD surveillance video in parking lot at 5:04pm. TLM exited car in back of lot and crossed parking lot to enter store.

April 8: TLM caught on HD surveillance video purchasing garbage bags and hammer from 5:05pm – 5:12pm.

April 8: TLM caught on HD surveillance video exiting store while Rafferty car drives across parking lot, trunk opens automatically and TLM puts purchase in the trunk before getting into car and driving off at 5:13pm.

April 8: Phone records show phone call made by MR at 7:47pm that pinged off the Mt Forest cell tower.

April 8: Phone records show a call in Arthur area at 8:05pm and another 3 calls in the Guelph/Cambridge area at 8:41pm, 8:45pm and 8:49pm.

April 8: Data calls on MR’s phone in the Woodstock/Drumbo area at 11:21pm and 11:37pm.

April 8: A police officer spots Rafferty car on Hwy 59 south of Woodstock just before midnight.

thank you thank you thank you

This is where TLM was residing and where the assault in January 2012 took place.

This is where they put a psychopathic killer like TLM?

Makes me wonder how she manipulated her way into this place.

About the Institution

Grand Valley Institution (GVI) is a multi level facility located in Kitchener, Ontario. GVI opened in 1997 and can accommodate up to 129 inmates.

Inmates are housed in buildings (houses) arranged in campus style (clusters), one structured living environment house and one secure unit.

The Institution provides a positive and supportive environment focused mainly on women’s timely and safe reintegration.

Facility Characteristics

Institution for women offenders
Security level: multi-level
Date opened: 1997
Number of inmates: 123
Average length of sentences:
Less than 40 months: 51 per cent of inmates
40 months and over: 31 per cent of inmates
Life sentences: 18 per cent of inmates
Number of employees: 176

JMO...............

During that time period, there was a gap of roughly 45 minutes, from 4:18 p.m. to 5:03 p.m. when it can be shown that the BlackBerry was switched off, Mr. Broad agreed under cross-examination by Mr. Rafferty’s lawyer, Dirk Derstine.

I think there is alot of confusion as to when the phone was switched off. Some media outlets are not reporting this correctly IMO.

AM980.ca‏@AM980_CourtReply
Derstine says between 4:18 and 7:03, Rafferty's phone was on. Broad agrees.

7h AM980.ca‏@AM980_Court
Data calls show Internet usage. The call went to 5:02.

AM980.ca‏@AM980_Court
At 4:18 pm on April 8th, a 44 minute data call started. Derstine asks about it.

This is where TLM was residing and where the assault in January 2012 took place.

This is where they put a psychopathic killer like TLM?

Makes me wonder how she manipulated her way into this place.

About the Institution

Grand Valley Institution (GVI) is a multi level facility located in Kitchener, Ontario. GVI opened in 1997 and can accommodate up to 129 inmates.

Inmates are housed in buildings (houses) arranged in campus style (clusters), one structured living environment house and one secure unit.

The Institution provides a positive and supportive environment focused mainly on women’s timely and safe reintegration.

Facility Characteristics

Institution for women offenders
Security level: multi-level
Date opened: 1997
Number of inmates: 123
Average length of sentences:
Less than 40 months: 51 per cent of inmates
40 months and over: 31 per cent of inmates
Life sentences: 18 per cent of inmates
Number of employees: 176

JMO...............

She didn't manipulate her way into Grand Valley, it's the only Federal Prison for women in Ontario since they closed the Prison for Women in Kingston. I would imagine she would be in the secure unit(maximum security). Maybe in 15-20 years she can work her way up to one of the other units.

I knew CA was truly guilty the day JB gave his opening statement. I realize the defence doesn't have to prove anything but I feel they have shifted the burden. (Unless we have another one of THOSE juries) The crown has done a wonderful job of bringing TLM's confession to life. JMO

Agree - some of the evidence has been repetitive and apparently trivial at the time, but the sum total of everything we've heard so far is that she was telling the truth about the external events.

Thank you!

Thanks to everyone for posting the tweets and to Hello Kitty for translating the techie stuff. I'm still not sure I get everything that was said today. I'll have to read some articles to see how the reporters digested it.

April 8: MR makes post on Facebook “good things are comming my way” at 10:01am.

April 8: Phone records show phone call made by MR at 7:47pm that pinged off the Mt Forest cell tower.

Thank you Kamille! I was really hoping for a spreadsheet lol but this is awesome. I hope that as we receive more info about who he or TLM was communicating with that we can add to the timeline.

I do have a question .... Carol Ms phone records were also introduced but have not been discussed ... possible that there was a phone call made to her in one of those later calls? Or did TLM have her mothers phone with her???The court will be going thru that yes? thx

They better not land in my province!!!! Thanks for the link

Your welcome. I do wish he would be spending his soon to come sentence in Kingston. The bowels in which Bernardo is housed is horrid. I like it!!!! MOO

If you catch Mark Kelly on connect, they talk about Kingston Pen.

Thanks! I'm pretty sure they will have to house them at Millhaven, it's a nasty old place too, and already has quite a few lifers. The inmates are already screaming about double bunking and stuff, I wonder how they are going to work this without building a new jail.

http://www.csc-scc.gc.ca/text/facilit/institutprofiles/millhaven-eng.shtml

Thanks! I'm pretty sure they will have to house them at Millhaven, it's a nasty old place too, and already has quite a few lifers. The inmates are already screaming about double bunking and stuff, I wonder how they are going to work this without building a new jail.

http://www.csc-scc.gc.ca/text/facilit/institutprofiles/millhaven-eng.shtml

I was thinking Millhaven, too. But, its not that old! I'm pretty sure it was built to replace Kingston in the late 60s or early 70s. But yeah, it sounds pretty hard core.

peeps... we are only discussing what was presented at trial... not sleuthing facebooks. thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73