NY NY - Patrick Alford, 7, Brooklyn, 22 Jan 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cops search Mariners Harbor area and monitor man said to be connected to the child's mother
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
By JOHN ANNESE
ADVANCE STAFF WRITER

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- The search for a 7-year-old boy who went missing from his Brooklyn foster home over the weekend extended to Staten Island yesterday, as police searched the Mariners Harbor area last night and kept tabs on a man who sources say is connected to the boy's mother.

The boy, Patrick Alford, didn't turn up as police kept a close watch on Lockman Avenue and nearby Grandview Avenue last night.
He had been placed with a foster mother in the apartment complex just three weeks prior. His mother, Jennifer Rodriguez, 23, a former West Brighton resident, now lives in New Brighton.

The Brooklyn district attorney's office is also investigating the boy's disappearance, and a spokesman said yesterday that investigators are interviewing the foster mother.

more here

http://www.silive.com/news/advance/index.ssf?/base/news/126458100723200.xml&coll=1

This should not be that difficult. Patrick is a 7 year old child. He has no resources of his own. Either someone is helping him and/or hiding him, or something horrible happened. I am glad that they are working and looking for him, but I certainly hope that they are doing a heck of a lot more than just "monitoring" this guy who may or may not have anything to do with it. Patrick needs to be found. Now.

Article from yesterday, but I hadn't seen it yet.

Search For Missing Brooklyn Boy Expands

Brooklyn detectives searched a section of Mariner's Harbor in Staten Island late Monday after reports of a boy fitting the description of 7-year-old Patrick Alford.

Police brought in canine units; the dogs may have picked up the scent but then lost it.

[snip]

"He's a smart kid. I just want to think he's home and safe," added Ortiz.

Police questioned a relative of Alford's at the 120 Precinct Monday night but later released him.

"It doesn't make sense if you ask me personally. It doesn't make sense. I mean you come out here to empty garbage. It doesn't make sense. It's not that far from here. How could he disappear like that?" said neighbor Shamel McKee.

More: http://wcbstv.com/local/brooklyn.boy.search.2.1450054.html

Another one from yesterday.

Search Continues For Missing Brooklyn Boy
Police Think Patrick Alford, 7, Initially Went Looking For Birth Mom

The search continues Tuesday morning for a missing 7-year-old boy who vanished Friday from his Brooklyn foster home.

Local authorities have been working through the night looking for Patrick Alford, searching the hi-rise apartment buildings once known as Starrett City, now called the Spring Creek Development.

Alford had been placed with a foster family in the East New York apartment complex three weeks ago. His biological mother lives in Staten Island and police now think he may have been trying to get back to her.

Carmen Escobar, a neighbor of Alford's foster mother, said of the 7-year-old, "he's a nice little kid. But he wanted to go to his mommy."

More: http://wcbstv.com/local/patrick.alford.missing.2.1449398.html

One from today. This makes me feel better about their efforts. Apparently, Patrick's scent was picked up at a man's house (Omar Ford of Staten Island).

Where Is He? Leads For Missing NYC Boy Go Cold

Helicopters in the air and police dogs on the ground continued the frantic search Tuesday for a missing 7-year-old Brooklyn boy. Patrick Alford was last seen taking out the trash at his foster home over the weekend, and police have now expanded their attempts to find him.

Just by the force of their sheer numbers – cop after cop fanning out on the street, helicopters scanning rooftops, police vehicles of every size left and right, and a command post set up on the block – the NYPD is making it very clear that they are going all out to find Alford.

More: http://wcbstv.com/local/brooklyn.boy.search.2.1450832.html

Another from yesterday with more info.

Cops Search Area Near Swamp For Missing Boy

Patrick Alford apparently walked away from his foster mother on Friday night in Brooklyn and he hasn't been seen since. Police initially thought he may have gone off to find his foster mother, but late Monday night darker possibilities came to the forefront as police began a large-scale search in the vicinity of a nearby swamp.

[snip]

The foster mother's apartment is at the end of the hall and the trash compactor -- or at least the chute to it -- is something any New Yorker who's been in a hi-rise would recognize. The trash goes in and heads on down to the basement. The woman said she headed back to her apartment and noticed the boy was no longer with her when she got there. There is a door to a stairwell nearby, but the neighbors think the whole thing is very odd.

More: http://wcbstv.com/local/missing.child.patrick.2.1448546.html

One from today. This makes me feel better about their efforts. Apparently, Patrick's scent was picked up at a man's house (Omar Ford of Staten Island).

Helicopters in the air and police dogs on the ground continued the frantic search Tuesday for a missing 7-year-old Brooklyn boy. Patrick Alford was last seen taking out the trash at his foster home over the weekend, and police have now expanded their attempts to find him.

Just by the force of their sheer numbers – cop after cop fanning out on the street, helicopters scanning rooftops, police vehicles of every size left and right, and a command post set up on the block – the NYPD is making it very clear that they are going all out to find Alford.

The scent does not mean all that much if the kid had been there before. If this man had nothing to do with the family then why are the dogs picking up a scent?

I'm glad LE has an all-out search for Patrick, but I wish I knew if it was the reporters interpretation of foster mom's story or she's giving different versions....becaaaauuuuse -

Now there's 3 different stories - 1) he slipped away when her back was turned 2) she left him while she went to take a phone call and now 3) she just happened to notice he wasn't with her....AFTER she reportedly said he'd been trying to run away for the past 3 weeks. :waitasec:

It's getting harder to support her...I wish we knew - bad reporting or truly inconsistent stories!!!

Not to mention the neighbors think something's "odd".

If my information is correct (meaning not everyone's information is online, correct, or possibly not the same person)

The man identified in the news item lives in the Mariner's Harbor section of SI (northwest area), which is where the police were searching the other night.

The mother lives in New Brighton which is on the northeast side of the island.

Prayers they find this little guy safe...We shouldn't have to read about another little one tossed away like trash...for me, it's getting harder to have hope for him-- knowing how mean & evil people are, and especially after learning about Aveion today. :(

Why are they giving this guy's name but not foster mom's ? She's part of the investigation also.

Patrick disappeared Friday night....it's now Wednesday, after 11pm on the east coast - no new news.

Where is Patrick????

Come home Patrick - everybody misses you!

Salem

Why is this story getting so little coverage in the media? Someone has seen this boy! Praying for Patrick tonight.

I hate when stories change right away. Prayers, love for the angel boy.

http://wcbstv.com/video/?id=137804@wcbs.dayport.com

Listen close to the end of the video. The theory...

The child has been missing since Friday night, when police say he had threatened to run from the foster home where he had been placed three weeks ago because he wanted to be with his biological mother. That woman, 23-year-old Jennifer Rodriguez, lives on Staten Island.

On Monday night, police K-9 dogs picked up a scent, but that lead went cold.

(more)
http://wcbstv.com/local/brooklyn.boy.search.2.1450832.html

http://wcbstv.com/video/?id=137804@wcbs.dayport.com

Listen close to the end of the video. The theory...

The child has been missing since Friday night, when police say he had threatened to run from the foster home where he had been placed three weeks ago because he wanted to be with his biological mother. That woman, 23-year-old Jennifer Rodriguez, lives on Staten Island.

On Monday night, police K-9 dogs picked up a scent, but that lead went cold.

(more)
http://wcbstv.com/local/brooklyn.boy.search.2.1450832.html

I listened to the theory and yes, it is possible the foster mother in some way assisted this escapade. Having said that, if she was a professional foster mother, meaning she has been taking kids in for 20 years without incident (at least according to the news accounts) I find it unlikely she would jeopardize her cash pipeline for this one child.

The theory is that the answers lie on Staten Island, that implies that LE thinks his bio-family holds the answers here. That was my take on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288