NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Clarence Coe has been arrested in connection with Shaniya's disappearance at approximately 11:00 PM tonight. Articles on the news site was updated 11 minutes ago. Not many details at this time.....
Nothing was mentioned about the recovery of Shaniya, so I have to think LE does not have her or a body yet.

WRAL.com

ETA: Coe is being held in the Cumberland County Detention Center without bond.

Do you have a link? I have to get to bed, too; don't want to without reading the article!!!!

Do you have a link? I have to get to bed, too; don't want to without reading the article!!!!

Shermom, I do not know how to put a link here! I am embarrassed to have to admit that. Sorry!

Just go to WRAL.com and you will see the update.

I agree, very little information. I found another news article with a similar lack of info, but it does say that Shaniya has not yet been found. :(

NC kidnapping suspect arrested, girl still missing
November 12, 2009 02:30 EST
Police say they've arrested a North Carolina a man in the disappearance of a 5-year-old girl but are still looking for the child.
http://www.wlos.com/template/inews_wire/wires.regional.nc/31d390d7-www.wlos.com.shtml

Btw LaLaw2000, you can post a link just by copying the address from your web browser and pasting it into a post box.

I don't know if this is the same person, but I found this on the web: http://www.aegis.com/news/wsj/2004/WJ040103.html

One patient who has had to wait is Clarence Coe, 24, a Fayetteville, N.C., construction worker who had to forgo his treatment on another AIDS drug combination for more than two months. He started getting treatment while in prison, where people receive free health care. But after his release, couldn't afford to continue it. He didn't have health insurance and the state wasn't taking new patients in its AIDS Drug Assistance Program, so it put him on a waiting list. Mr. Coe says he took multivitamin pills and cut down on fatty food while waiting for the antiretroviral medicines. "I can't afford to stress my immune system any more than I need to," he says...

Mr. Coe, the construction worker, is one of those with options, but they didn't pan out right away. Mr. Coe was serving a 15-month prison sentence until July for robbing a restaurant. Though he learned he was HIV-positive five years ago, he didn't begin HIV medicines until March, when he felt the disease wearing on him. By then, his CD4-cell count, which indicates the health of a person's immune system, had fallen to 205. A count below 200 means the infection has developed into actual AIDS.

Mr. Coe's count climbed back to nearly 300 while receiving a standard cocktail of three HIV drugs through the prison's health-care system. He started exercising, finished his high-school degree and made plans to stay healthy upon his release. "I don't want to go down that way," he says. "You carry yourself differently once you feel you've got something in your body fighting for you."

The prison gave him a 30-day supply of drugs when he was released. When that ran out, he brought his prescription to a pharmacy, thinking he was covered by ADAP. But the pharmacist told him the computer didn't show he was approved. The AIDS Drug Assistance Program had stopped accepting new patients a week and a half before. "I was so upset I couldn't even finish my sentences," Mr. Coe says. "I just walked out."

A couple of weeks later, Mr. Coe went back to see his doctor at an HIV outreach clinic in Salemburg, a farming town in eastern North Carolina. After nearly two months without medicine, Mr. Coe's CD4 count had dropped back to 227 and virus levels in his system had surged. He fretted about his stuffed nose, sore throat and risk of taking a break from the drugs.

"You definitely are ready for pills," said Rafael Torres, his doctor, as he checked Mr. Coe's nose and throat. Later that day, the clinic sent applications to Mr. Coe's HIV caseworker to submit to drug-company charity programs. Though one drug arrived within a couple of weeks, he couldn't begin the regimen until the others arrived a few weeks later. By then, early November, he had gone without medicines for about three months.

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...turl=pagelistoffendersearchresults&listpage=1

Not sure if it's the same person but there is a record of a Clarence Coe who was arrested in NC for assault on a woman (served 4 months, was out 8/2009) and before that, several sentences for breaking and entering. I'm not sure how to read these prison records or I'd be more clear and sure of what I am posting. It looks like he had several aliases and also goes by the name Clarence Coe Williams. Wish I knew if this was him.

OMG, QuietStorm!

It would be a tremendous coincidence if there are two with exactly the same name.

Aids? That makes this guy a very dangerous person as well as the fact that he is an armed robber.

I want to know more, and I want to know now. There had to be a valid reason to arrest him and charge him with Shaniya's kidnapping and disappearance.

He had better not have molested Shaniya. :furious::furious:

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...turl=pagelistoffendersearchresults&listpage=1

Not sure if it's the same person but there is a record of a Clarence Coe who was arrested in NC for assault on a woman.

Thanks, QuietStorm.

This has quite a record. I have to wonder why he was even out on the street. I see that assault on a female. Why no pic of him?

I was looking on the Sheriff's site and the Detention Center site for a booking record and booking photo but with no luck.

I am so looking forward to hearing more; hopefully tomorrow.

[/B]

Thanks, QuietStorm.

This has quite a record. I have to wonder why he was even out on the street. I see that assault on a female. Why no pic of him?

I was looking on the Sheriff's site and the Detention Center site for a booking record and booking photo but with no luck.

I am so looking forward to hearing more; hopefully tomorrow.

Yes, and if he is the boyfriend of Shaniya's mother or knew the family. The news article said the newly arrested Coe is being held in a Cumberland County Detention Center, same county where the Clarence Coe on the NC prison website committed the assault on a woman.

:furious::furious:

I may sound cruel, but I do not give a flip if this guy gets his medical treatment for HIV or not. While he was in the system, his medical cost to the tax payers was probably anywhere from $1,200.00 to $1,500.00 per month and more. All paid by the tax payers.

When I was working at the jail/detention center, you could send the HIV inmate to a state facility once he/she was sentenced. That would get the inmate out of the parish/county facility, then the state would have to pay for the medical treatment: IE: taxpayers again.

With HIV and an extensive record, I guess this did whatever he wanted to do and feeling he had nothing to lose.

IF this is the same one arrested in Shaniya's case, and I think it is.

MOO

I may sound cruel, but I do not give a flip if this guy gets his medical treatment for HIV or not. While he was in the system, his medical cost to the tax payers was probably anywhere from $1,200.00 to $1,500.00 per month and more. All paid by the tax payers.

When I was working at the jail/detention center, you could send the HIV inmate to a state facility once he/she was sentenced. That would get the inmate out of the parish/county facility, then the state would have to pay for the medical treatment: IE: taxpayers again.

With HIV and an extensive record, I guess this did whatever he wanted to do and feeling he had nothing to lose. I don't see him on the sex offender list.

MOO

I think it is too. I edited my earlier post to add that both Coes have connections to Cumberland County, NC and detention and correctional facilities.

With HIV and an extensive record, I guess this did whatever he wanted to do and feeling he had nothing to lose.

MOO

The AIDS article was written about 5 years ago and his age was listed at 24, so he would be about 29 now. The prison record lists his age as 30, so this could be the person. CNN just ran a short article about the arrest, but nothing new and no picture.

Not much info yet on this . I'd like to know if he is mom's boyfriend or a stranger.
I'm leaning more to the fact he is the boyfriend. I don't see how a stranger could take Shaniya in that tiny little trailer without anybody hearing it.

according to WRAL there is to be a news conference at 8:30 to give public an update

News conference at 8:30 a.m. this morning.

Is NC in eastern time zone???
I'm not good at the time zone thing.

So, If I'm in central, I need to look for it at 7:30???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100