IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok let's take the info from Gail St. John and put it together, 2 of her dogs hit the area, we then learned that the same area was hit by police dogs a few days before. have your doubts about psychics all you want, but dogs noses don't lie. they have no reason to. let's hope for a break in the case!

I'll take Team Dog over Team Human Psychic any day. And that's not to disparage psychics (or humans lol) just that our canine companions operate free of our human biases. Rock on four-legged sleuths! :rocker:

From what I remember... according to Gail on that radio show... 17th St? Also, I didn't remember dogs being involved in that "Blind Drive".

Gail did a "Blind Drive" in the Anthony case and alerted to the location where Caylee was eventually found. I think that drive is on video. Also, I don't think the dogs were involved.

Will you clarify what you mean about 17th St? I looked for her in my car on several streets off of W. 17th. I have to run but will be back later. TY.

I'm listening right now.

So let's talk about this. Even though the Spierer's report that they are "part of the investigative team," would there be a legitimate reason for LE to keep this info from the parents?

I would imagine that there might be.... and the fact that they (apparently) were the ones who called off the psychic, they must have been convinced by LE that they are working in the right direction.. I just don't know.

It sounds like LE doesn't want anyone else to gain info that could hinder the case. If other people got involved it may tip off actual person(s) that harmed her. Maybe it was at the suggestion of LE for the Spierers' to not "need" further services. IMO the more people attune to the situation, the greater the risk in sabotaging the investigation. I very much hope that when the answers come, we will be able to look back and say "ok now it makes sense, that's why LE chose to do things that way..." that's my very big hope. We have to have faith that the right thing is being done. Anything else would be disheartening.

Is there any proof that help from a psychic actually amounts to anything? Not asking to be obnoxious, but is there any conclusive evidence that a psychic has helped to solve a case? Some vets on here might know the answer to this.

I'd like to know this too. Personally, I'm a skeptic. However, if my daughter were missing and a lady claims her dog "hit" on a site (where she couldn't possibly know that LE"s dog had hit earlier), then LE admits that their dog did in fact hit there earlier, I'd keep her around. Obviously LE didn't share this detail with the family, but the psychic did. That alone, would cause me to want her help.

I'd like to know this too. Personally, I'm a skeptic. However, if my daughter were missing and a lady claims her dog "hit" on a site (where she couldn't possibly know that LE"s dog had hit earlier), then LE admits that their dog did in fact hit there earlier, I'd keep her around. Obviously LE didn't share this detail with the family, but the psychic did. That alone, would cause me to want her help.

not if LE could convince me that other people having that info would be detrimental to the final resolution of the case. I have to believe that the family still has confidence in LE, or they wouldn't have agreed to call off the psychic JMO

not if LE could convince me that other people having that info would be detrimental to the final resolution of the case. I have to believe that the family still has confidence in LE, or they wouldn't have agreed to call off the psychic JMO

Yes, that's a great point. I do completely understand that LE will keep things from the Spierers. However, if it were MY DAUGHTER, I may not be as understanding. I'm sure that I'd want to know every single detail and it would be very hard to sit back and let someone else control things, without keeping me in the loop. I'm not a controlling person, but I do like to be in control......meaning that I don't try to control what OTHER people do, but I like to have control over situations that deal with me directly. It would be extremely hard for me to allow someone else to be in this driver's seat personally, if I were the Mom.

I can't remember if I saw this somewhere, so hopefully someone can help me out. Does anyone recall a news story that indicated when DR went back to his apartment? He went with LS to the party at 12:30, but I don't remember seeing anything that specifically followed his path after that.

Id still like to know if whatever fire happened in Martinsville that happened right b4 the search out there(that i dont wanna pay H-T to read about)was searched for human remains. Would they automatically do that? Any1 know? Am I the only 1 curious about this?
I feel silly not having read the story about the fire

Room-mates Question:

I'm sorry, because this has probably been covered before, but:

Were JR's roommates ever questioned or considered POIs? Or had they alread left Bloomington for the summer? We hear rumors about his mysterious "guest" but never any mention of roomies.

Since this is a college-age crowd we hear about roommates for every other known (and even some suspected) POI and the victim herself. But nothing on JR?

That's a pretty big townhome for one college dude.

TIA for any info.

I read awhile ago (can't remember if it was here or someplace else) that JR has/had 4 roommates at 5 North and that all his roomies had gone home for the summer before the night of Lauren's disappearance.

Someone also posted a link to a police report of a break-in that took place at JR's townhome last winter and that report listed all of the roommates' names. I don't remember the names now (didn't seem important to remember since as far as I can tell, they weren't in Bloomington at the time of the disappearance and didn't seem particularly important to the case) but I think if you did some research on google, you could probably find that report.

At the time, I looked all the roommates up on facebook and found 3 of them. All 3 of those listed the same hometown in New Jersey on their profile so I assumed they knew each other before going to IU.

And I also remember awhile ago reading posts from someone on PT who was claiming to be friends with JR's roommates but not w/ JR. That person also stated that JR's roommates are in fact from NJ. (Don't think it matters where his roomies are from necessarily but I'm just including all info I have)

Will you clarify what you mean about 17th St? I looked for her in my car on several streets off of W. 17th. I have to run but will be back later. TY.

In that radio show wasn't Gail saying it was around 17th St. or was it the 1700 area? IDK... I just find it odd with the addressing in that area.

Id still like to know if whatever fire happened in Martinsville that happened right b4 the search out there(that i dont wanna pay H-T to read about)was searched for human remains. Would they automatically do that? Any1 know? Am I the only 1 curious about this?
I feel silly not having read the story about the fire

What fire? I am curious.

I can't remember if I saw this somewhere, so hopefully someone can help me out. Does anyone recall a news story that indicated when DR went back to his apartment? He went with LS to the party at 12:30, but I don't remember seeing anything that specifically followed his path after that.

No, the tale recounted from HT says that he wanted to go back to Smallwood, and LS and CR went to Kilroys. Easy to conclude that it was simultaneous, but really, it doesn't say that. Do you know what floor in Smallwood DR lives on?

c) Continuation of a fight that started at the Indy 500 . Which could possibly be related to a) or b) or something else entirely.

This is a good point. On AB's FB page or Twitter he refers to the race: says that T is in the hospital and J has been missing for two days. That's serious drinking and fighting. ZO has a habit of breaking doors. There is violence among them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77