GUILTY NE - Kerra Wilson, 8, Mitchell, 21 Sep 2011

There are a lot of alleyways though out the area. Dumpster galore. Hope they are searching each and everyone of them NOW

My first thought is that she was meeting someone. But who? She's awfully young to have met any online "friends" or to have a facebook page. Not to say she didn't, but I know a lot of kids around that age (I have a 6 year old and a 10 year old) and not one of them has a FB page and they don't chat online.

What about skype, though? Many of the kids skype for various reasons: grandparents, etc. Could she have met a skype friend? Again I get back to how young she is, though. My kids computers are in the common area of the house, so I know what they are doing, but not everyone does that.

Maybe an older sibling of one of her friends? There are just so many possibilities. Maybe she wasn't meeting anyone at all. Where are you, Kerra???

I need to go back and read the thread. These things may have already been discussed. I just got home and was praying she had already been found. Off to catch up...

The obvious thing I see from the street view is that if she did walk towards the parking lot then it looks like she passed up her first chance to go into the school. Looks to me like if you were at the Subway and wanted to go into the school you'd just cross 13th Ave and go in the entrance right there. My guess is that she had someplace in mind where she was going (to meet someone?)

Why would she have walked across the street to sit alone at the Subway? Poor little sweetie, was she upset that morning? Someone else mentioned bullying, hmmn.

I am puzzled by that too. Why didn't she go into the school?

OMG the subway is SO close! But what 8 year old takes it upon herself to leave the schoolyard 5 minutes before class and go to the Subway? Was she a very independent child? Seems odd to me...

They should aggressively be interviewing all sex offenders in the area. That would be a perfect spot for one to just sit and "watch" The sad thing is there are lots out there that haven't been "caught" yet...
Sigh.
Lord watch over Kerra.

to me, at this point it either boils down to two possible reasons why she went at sat at the picnic table at subway

1)someone told her to

2)something was going on at school that made her not want to go into the building

(((mooooooo of course))))

*I always add extra OOOoos to my moooo because I am a country girl ;-)

My first thought is that she was meeting someone. But who? She's awfully young to have met any online "friends" or to have a facebook page. Not to say she didn't, but I know a lot of kids around that age (I have a 6 year old and a 10 year old) and not one of them has a FB page and they don't chat online.

What about skype, though? Many of the kids skype for various reasons: grandparents, etc. Could she have met a skype friend? Again I get back to how young she is, though. My kids computers are in the common area of the house, so I know what they are doing, but not everyone does that.

Maybe an older sibling of one of her friends? There are just so many possibilities. Maybe she wasn't meeting anyone at all. Where are you, Kerra???

I need to go back and read the thread. These things may have already been discussed. I just got home and was praying she had already been found. Off to catch up...

While eight years old is a very young age, way way too young imo, to have online "friends" or aquaintances, it could be very highly possible with the way the young people of today are so attached to online gaming, etc.

I have a niece who is not quite 7. Several weeks ago, her Mommy got a new computer and the little one took claim of the old one, because she plays online games. She told Mommy that she wanted the old computer moved to her toy room so that she can have her privacy when she chats. :( Unbelievable, but yes, that came from an almost seven year old!

Another thought: Does she have a cell phone or an Ipod Touch? The kids around here generally don't get cell phones until 6th grade (that's another topic altogether), but almost all of them have Touches (starting pretty darn young...my 6 year old wants one). They are constantly texting each other. You can also turn it into a cell phone, but it takes some work to do that. Texting, though, easy peasy. I'd be curious if she has one.

I have another reason she may have gone to the Subway but i don't want anyone getting mad at me!
When I was little, I was a chubby child because food was my best friend.
With any money I got, I would ride my bike to the candy store and buy candy or chips because it just made me feel better.
Perhaps, she wanted to just get a quick bag of chips or a cookie for breakfast or lunchtime? Maybe while in there she met someone she was acquainted with?
ETA: or not acquainted with?

Did she get teased at school for being chubby like i did (or just get teased in general) and just didn't want to face it that day??

I have another reason she may have gone to the Subway but i don't want anyone getting mad at me!
With any money I got, I would ride my bike to the candy store and buy candy or chips because it just made me feel better.
Perhaps, she wanted to just get a quick bag of chips or a cookie for breakfast or lunchtime? Maybe while in there she met someone she was acquainted with?

Did she get teased at school for being chubby like i did (or just get teased in general) and just didn't want to face it that day??

Ok, so you just knew that someone would bite...LOL So, if she were a skinny kid, she would not have gone to the Subway for food? Hmmm... :waitasec:

Very good theory about going to the Subway for a cookie or chips though! :)

OMG the subway is SO close! But what 8 year old takes it upon herself to leave the schoolyard 5 minutes before class and go to the Subway? Was she a very independent child? Seems odd to me...

That is a little unusual for most 8 year olds.

Maybe it's just because I'm a mother.....but if I saw a child sitting alone at Subway picnic table on a school morning, I would investigate that situation a little further because I would see it as a little bit....off.
I actually called the police once before when I saw some young kids out walking way after midnight....and when I say young I mean one of them was a toddler, and the oldest was no more than 10. They were out running around in an area near the interstate, and there was no adult in sight. I was worried about them. I stuck around until the police came just in case.

I want to add that there are many F4 sex offenders I've located in scottsbluff. On one map it only showed one offender in Mitchell but another site showed 5 of them and all F4's. I think F4 means high risk offenders

I'm not mad at you. I have a daughter that loves to eat and when she was little it worried me because if someone offered her candy she would never say no. At 11 she was hit by a car while riding a bike at dusk with a friend so she could go to the store to get soda and candy. She was spending the night at the friends house as I would NEVER have allowed her to go to the store alone (or with a friend).

While eight years old is a very young age, way way too young imo, to have online "friends" or aquaintances, it could be very highly possible with the way the young people of today are so attached to online gaming, etc.

I have a niece who is not quite 7. Several weeks ago, her Mommy got a new computer and the little one took claim of the old one, because she plays online games. She told Mommy that she wanted the old computer moved to her toy room so that she can have her privacy when she chats. :( Unbelievable, but yes, that came from an almost seven year old!

Way too young!
icon9.gif

No worries I thought of that too. That Subway opens at 7:00 AM, I checked the hours.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back