2010.06.01 - Casey Suffers Fall at Courthouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the MSM reporting I think that GA was just a no show for the court hearing, so did not go to KC instead to show family support or be in the news loop.

Reports state that JB pulled CA aside at the court house and there is no mention of GA there so I think he was just a no-show.

JB seemed to be checking his IM to keep appraised of her status. CA remained at the hearing. KC would remain in custody while being treated and there would be no relaxing of the rules.

GA was at the last court hearing wearing some sort of security guard blue uniform. I took it from that appearance that he has now secured a job which would explain why he was not there today. Par for the course, I'm sure that by the time the next hearing rolls around, he will be unemployed again.

GA was at the last court hearing wearing some sort of security guard blue uniform. I took it from that appearance that he has now secured a job which would explain why he was not there today. Par for the course, I'm sure that by the time the next hearing rolls around, he will be unemployed again.

That was not a security guard uniform. It was an Orlando Magic Shirt...something a fan would wear.

From the MSM reporting I think that GA was just a no show for the court hearing, so did not go to KC instead to show family support or be in the news loop.

Reports state that JB pulled CA aside at the court house and there is no mention of GA there so I think he was just a no-show.

JB seemed to be checking his IM to keep appraised of her status. CA remained at the hearing. KC would remain in custody while being treated and there would be no relaxing of the rules.

That is exactly as I thought. Thanks cyberborg.

With all the concern over her being present at all hearings in order to effectively stop her from using the "I didn't know my attorney said that" during appeals, does this one missed hearing date, which seems legitimate as of today but I'll reserve judgment until I see what comes of it (and I have a right to be suspicious of anything these people do), have anybody concerned? Should we remember this date, be high on alert down the road? Was anything ruled on today of such consequence that it could snowball into an appeal concern?

It will be interesting to see if CA and GA visit ICA now that she has fallen and sustained an injury. They would not have to talk about the case. Just see their daughter and bring her some comfort.

I do not think ICA can sue. It appears to be an accident and if you look back in the infamous jailhouse letters, ICA talks about several stumbles/falls and states she is clumsy.

A little OT but Conway said (again) on In Session this morning that CA and GA are 'UNABLE to visit KC in jail'. This just infuriates me each time they say that. They are perfectly ABLE to visit her but choose not to. :banghead:

She was in custody at the time of the accident they have insurance for this type thing just like if someone gets injured at your home. They will cover it and she will be fine, unless she tries to make her injuries worse than they are by saying that she now has amnesia or something, LOL.

BBM... Don't give the defense any ideas. They're already grasping at straws. Lord knows they don't need any more cockamamie ideas. LOL!

A little OT but Conway said (again) on In Session this morning that CA and GA are 'UNABLE to visit KC in jail'. This just infuriates me each time they say that. They are perfectly ABLE to visit her but choose not to. :banghead:

BBM... Don't give the defense any ideas. They're already grasping at straws. Lord knows they don't need any more cockamamie ideas. LOL!

bbm: ITA. I believe this speaks volumes about their "real" relationship.....

As grandpa would say..."did you crack the pavement?"

btw I thought she had caps.

This thread was closed due to snarky comments. The comments have been removed.

Posts are to be CONSTRUCTIVE and for updating the issue of KC falling down on her way to court. This is not a karma thread. This is not a wishful thinking thread. This is a fact thread on what happened when KC fell and any news that comes out about her injuries.

KC had an oopsie, is all. Lot's of us fall over our own feet. Right? Right? Bueller? Heh, maybe I'm just a klutz. lol:angel:

That was what I was thinking. I bet they have Conway working on that right now.

Apparently she chipped a tooth and busted her lip, according to Caylee Daily. I do have to say, chipping a tooth is painful. I've done that, and it is NOT fun at all. I wonder if she had to get stitches for the busted lip too. I don't feel all that sorry for her, but I bet this is the first time she's had some real pain in her life in a long time. I hope they have good pain meds to give her because she'll probably need them.

I also hope she doesn't start becoming clumsy at every hearing from now on. Today might have been accident, but if she does it again that is suspicious, and a really painful way to get out of going to hearings.

I have a feeling they will be very careful with her transport in the future.
Do inmates get narcotics or just tylenol aleive motrin...

I am not trying to be snarky, forgive me if I come across that way....
The first thing that came to mind when I heard she fell was oh no, she either fell on purpose so that she didn't have to come to court since the Judge said she had to be present at all hearings or she fell to try and get some money.

Now, that is just what I thought...it was said to be an accident and they do happen. From what I understand her medical and dental are covered, however a chipped tooth would be cosmetic and I would assume that she would try and sue to get the state to pay for that tooth. JMO though.
Or Cindy ~Someone will get her the money to fix it, but I wonder if they have the type of instruments and facility to fix a chip tooth in jail? I thought they pull teeth and fill them..kind of like preventive care. I could be wrong though.

Good luck to her-Most municipalities only pay out what? $1500, medical bills if they have to? Just my understanding from some anecdotes here in D.C....In other words, a lawsuit would not make her a rich lady.

Today, I feel sorry for politicians that I can't stand-I feel badly for my sick neighbor even though I am certain she has a pair of binoculars and a dossier on the happenings of our neighborhood-I even feel sorry for one of those Hollywood twits that obviously has a ravaging addiction...But Casey? Somehow my heartstrings remained unpulled.
I don't think a good chuckle at her expense is tantamount to the pillory, especially when many of us have chuckled at the same thing on America's Funniest Videos.
She'll be all right, I hope, cause I want her in one healthy, dentally intact and mentally alert piece come trial-time.

I just thought of a former coworker...she bit into an apple one day and broke off half her front tooth. If KC fell forward I'm thinking it's a front tooth. Half a tooth missing would make her look like quite the hillbilly (no offense to hillbillys). Maybe the defense will say it will hurt her case if she doesn't look her best a trial and try and get it fixed. Or maybe the county will fix it since they're charged with her care, custody and control (I remember that from the interview of the guard from the day Caylee was found.)

Or they can just pull it like they would normally do for other inmates.

She fell, it was an accident. Stuff happens.:lepsmilie:

Or they can just pull it like they would normally do for other inmates.

She fell, it was an accident. Stuff happens.:lepsmilie:

I don't believe chipping a tooth is treated by extraction.

A good friend of mine was incarcerated at Chowchilla Women's Correctional Facility in CA (prison) and when she was taken to the hospital to have her baby her family was allowed to visit in the room for limited periods and she was handcuffed to the hospital bed and there were two guards present.

How is that different from KC going to get treatment? Seems like they would let a family member visit and attend to her for a brief period of time.

It really depends on how major the chip is.

You know...this is huge--because of all the things KC has loves/loved to show off--her TEETH rank way up there! If she's anything like my brother who chipped his tooth in junior high--we may never see her smile again. My brother became very self conscious about it.

Depends on if the root is affected-If the root is dead/busted, they will eventually replace the tooth with a crown, but that is not a one-day process, generally.

Root canals are great fun, too.

ETA-Keep forgetting she is in jail (duh)...will she even get a crown, or will they kill the root and then pull it for good, no replacement? Lord knows the ACLU will come along and claim she can't eat properly without a new toof.

Didn't KC remove her parents from her allowed visitors list way back around the time GA testified to the grand jury? If so that would mean that yes, as far as the jail is concerned they are not allowed to visit her. At least not until their names are put on the list by ICA.

It really depends on how major the chip is.

You know...this is huge--because of all the things KC has loves/loved to show off--her TEETH rank way up there! If she's anything like my brother who chipped his tooth in junior high--we may never see her smile again. My brother became very self conscious about it.
bbm
Promise? :angel:

It most likely was an accident and I'll bet all the attention made it feel lots better. I feel that because they failed to protect her that her tooth will be fixed good as new. I promise I tried not laugh at Drip Drops post.

With all the concern over her being present at all hearings in order to effectively stop her from using the "I didn't know my attorney said that" during appeals, does this one missed hearing date, which seems legitimate as of today but I'll reserve judgment until I see what comes of it (and I have a right to be suspicious of anything these people do), have anybody concerned? Should we remember this date, be high on alert down the road? Was anything ruled on today of such consequence that it could snowball into an appeal concern?

Pretty much everything ruled on today was stuff that had already been argued and ruled on by JS months ago. Even the item that might be raised on appeal, the sealing of the illegally obtained tape, was already heard and ruled on by JS in KC's presence prior. So really nothing new here. While JP is striving to insure (like JS before) that KC is making informed decisions about her defense and legal team, and the charges she is facing, he is also a stickler for moving things along. Missing a hearing or two due to legitimate injury or illness will probably not slow him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk