WARNING:GRAPHIC PHOTOS Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too am curious as to otto's point. When I was AK's age, I had brief relationships with French Canadians who spoke no English at all; I spoke no French. Granted the language barrier prevented deeper, long-term relationships, but a short affair could be arranged with hand signals.

I think AK's and RS' relationship was something in between: more than hand-signals, less than perfect communication; more than an anonymous fling, less than a marriage of best friends.
Right, if one is going to take their guilt as a presupposition, then it will "seem" as though they were two killers, kinky people, who were drawn to eachother like the month to the flame. But that is only if you already "know" they are guilty......probably their relationship was a bit silly, and based on mutual loneliness and sex....

Whoa! I thought RS was accused of looking at bestiality photos on a school computer (or on his own computer at school). The phrase "deviant sexual interest" usually connotes a desire to participate in perverse activities.

For all we know, RS was merely--and temporarily--curious, no?

He was caught watching beastiality films and, after the event, had to be monitored at his boarding school. Are we going to twist that into something else such that it is perfectly normal for Raffaele to be interested in deviant beastiality films?

As you know, AK was learning Italian, it was why she was in Perugia. She was neither fluent nor utterly at sea in that language. Obviously, she and RS found ways to communicate (though one wonders how they negotiated the complexity of an on-the-spot rape or murder conspiracy).

Since you yourself are multilingual, I'm sure you understand that language comprehension is acquired by degrees, not in an instant burst of revelation.

Amanda could order pizza, and Raffaele didn't know English. Since they couldn't discuss anything due to their language barrier, I'm asking where they found common ground.

Right, if one is going to take their guilt as a presupposition, then it will "seem" as though they were two killers, kinky people, who were drawn to eachother like the month to the flame. But that is only if you already "know" they are guilty......probably their relationship was a bit silly, and based on mutual loneliness and sex....

Sex ... that's the first thing they did together as a couple, so they definitely had that in common. What else?

Sex ... that's the first thing they did together as a couple, so they definitely had that in common. What else?
You mean some kind of "unusual" sex? :waitasec:

He was caught watching beastiality films and, after the event, had to be monitored at his boarding school. Are we going to twist that into something else such that it is perfectly normal for Raffaele to be interested in deviant beastiality films?

How many 20-year-old boys do you know, otto?

As I've explained before, for decades it was a rite of passage for young men in the Southwest U.S. to drive to Tijuana, Mexico, to see women copulate with donkeys. I don't know why that was a turn-on (maybe because I'm not heterosexual), but it certainly didn't mean that all those young men actually intended to have sex with animals themselves or even to make a habit out of watching others do it.

The "kick" came largely because it was forbidden, I believe.

Personally, I've never looked at bestiality photos, but I admit that when the internet first became available, I looked up the autopsy photos of Nicole Brown Simpson. I haven't looked at anything that graphic since, but I was curious.

In RS case, do we even know what he was looking at? As for his "having to be monitored," that was an administrative decision; without more info, we can't judge for ourselves whether it was necessary.

Bottom line: RS was never accused of actually molesting an animal. Boys look at all sorts of things during adolescence. RS and his computer photos wouldn't even be an issue if the prosecutor weren't trying to make a case for "sex games gone wrong."

Amanda could order pizza, and Raffaele didn't know English. Since they couldn't discuss anything due to their language barrier, I'm asking where they found common ground.

BBM: There you go again. There is no evidence that they "couldn't discuss anything." Sorry to be blunt, but you made that up, as has been pointed out to you time and again.

And not that it matters, but I believe "pepperoni" is the same word in English and Italian.

If you are trying to get someone to say their "common ground" was mostly sex, then I'll say it. That appears to have been their bond.

As I've explained before, for decades it was a rite of passage for young men in the Southwest U.S. to drive to Tijuana, Mexico, to see women copulate with donkeys. I don't know why that was a turn-on (maybe because I'm not heterosexual), but it certainly didn't mean that all those young men actually intended to have sex with animals themselves or even to make a habit out of watching others do it.

Personally, I've never looked at bestiality photos, but I admit that when the internet first became available, I looked up the autopsy photos of Nicole Brown Simpson. I haven't looked at anything that graphic since, but I was curious.

In RS case, do we even know what he was looking at? As for his "having to be monitored," that was an administrative decision; without more info, we can't judge for ourselves whether it was necessary.

Bottom line: RS was never accused of actually molesting an animal. Boys look at all sorts of things during adolescence. RS and his computer photos wouldn't even be an issue if the prosecutor weren't trying to make a case for "sex games gone wrong."

Sure ... Raffaele was a perfectly normal 23 year old that was into bestiality films. This normal behavior was a huge concern for his boarding school and father so they ensured that he was properly monitored until he finished his studies at that institution.

You mean some kind of "unusual" sex? :waitasec:

otto has created a straw man argument by arbitrarily announcing that AK and RS couldn't understand a word the other said. There is no evidence of that, so I don't know what game otto is playing.

Sure ... Raffaele was a perfectly normal 23 year old that was into bestiality films. This normal behavior was a huge concern for his boarding school and father so they ensured that he was properly monitored until he finished his studies at that institution.

Once again, "was into" is an assumption on your part. You've provided no proof.

What we know is that RS looked at some photos and was punished for doing so. That's all we know from the links I've seen.

We don't even know whether it was a "huge concern" for his father and the school or whether the school simply had standard procedures for dealing with such infractions. The "zero tolerance" polices in some U.S. schools treat kids as serial killers just for bringing plastic army men onto school grounds.

A school bureaucracy is not a court of law. We should use caution in declaring what a bureaucratic decision really means.

BBM: There you go again. There is no evidence that they "couldn't discuss anything." Sorry to be blunt, but you made that up, as has been pointed out to you time and again.

And not that it matters, but I believe "pepperoni" is the same word in English and Italian.

If you are trying to get someone to say their "common ground" was mostly sex, then I'll say it. That appears to have been their bond.

Made that up? I think not. Time and again? What time and again?

Are you suggesting that I make things up time and again? Amanda and Raffaele couldn't discuss anything because of the language barrier.

"Raffaele found Meredith to be a nice .. girl, but his lack of English prevented them from having a true conversation. When the foreign girls [Amanda and Meredith] had moved into the cottage, they'd tried speaking only in Italian, just to get in some practice, but they were unable to voice deeper thouhts than "Would you like mozzarella on that panini."

Ref: Candace Dempsey

Their common grounds were sex and drugs.

otto has created a straw man argument by arbitrarily announcing that AK and RS couldn't understand a word the other said. There is no evidence of that, so I don't know what game otto is playing.

If you would be so kind as to familiarize yourself with the case, then I would be spared accusations such as: "playing games" and "making things up".

Yes, 3 x yes. The idea that Raffaele is so "abnormal" and that he and Amanda so intensely kinky was born in the mind of middle-aged Giuliano Mignini. The 3 on 1 sex game sounds like the idiotic fantasy of a middle aged Catholic, which Mignini is---not to mention his penchant for occult sex theories. The 3 on 1 obsession seems real to such a dusty old mind---- Not in the young vital minds of youth. When my husband died very young, in 2006, I spent 3 months looking up autopsy and morgue images on the internet. I had to see that this is real, that people wind up that way. Someone looking at my computer would think I was a necrophillac ....:crazy:

If you would be so kind as to familiarize yourself with the case, then I would be spared accusations such as: "playing games" and "making things up".
well, Otto, you must admit, you tend to see what you want to see. Like that Daily Beast link, which said Knox supporters growled at the press, and you authoritatively said it was Knox family, when it said nothing of the kind.....just sayin.............

well, Otto, you must admit, you tend to see what you want to see. Like that Daily Beast link, which said Knox supporters growled at the press, and you authoritatively said it was Knox family, when it said nothing of the kind.....just sayin.............

"As the drama played out on the stand, Knox’s tense supporters jeered and pointed, trying to intimidate journalists seated in the public viewing area through guttural growls and stern warnings to “write the truth.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-...-appeal-homeless-mans-contradictory-testimony

We know that Deanna and Chris were in court. They support Knox. In fact, they, and Amanda's one friend, appeared to form her "supporters". Who do you think Knox's "supporters" referred to?

"As the drama played out on the stand, Knox’s tense supporters jeered and pointed, trying to intimidate journalists seated in the public viewing area through guttural growls and stern warnings to “write the truth.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-...-appeal-homeless-mans-contradictory-testimony

We know that Deanna and Chris were in court. They support Knox. In fact, they, and Amanda's one friend, appeared to form her "supporters". Who do you think Knox's "supporters" referred to?
I think it is clear that that particular journalist, Barbie Nadeau, would clearly have stated "Chris Mellas, stepfather of Amanda Knox, and Deanna Knox, Knox's half-sister, gave guttural growls to press to 'write the truth!""---in truth, she says that it was within the "public viewing area" and we can assume it was some local color seeking attention. I think Knox's family knows when to tone it down............:innocent:

and it would have been inappropriate, in that case, NOT to have written, "Knox' family and Madison, her friend, gave low guttural growls".......she would have loved to write that, i think....

I think it is clear that that particular journalist, Barbie Nadeau, would clearly have stated "Chris Mellas, stepfather of Amanda Knox, and Deanna Knox, Knox's half-sister, gave guttural growls to press to 'write the truth!""---in truth, she says that it was within the "public viewing area" and we can assume it was some local color seeking attention. I think Knox's family knows when to tone it down............:innocent:

Sure ... the Knox supporters that we have come to know (family and friends) are not the Knox supporters referred to in Nadeau's article. In this particular case, Knox supporters means somebody else, and the Knox supporters that we have come to know were not Knox supporters on that day in court, they were curious bystanders.

and it would have been inappropriate, in that case, NOT to have written, "Knox' family and Madison, her friend, gave low guttural growls".......she would have loved to write that, i think....

Having read Barbie's book, I found her to be fair and balanced in her view. I did not perceive her as having a temperament where she would "love to write" something derogatory about the family. I understood "Knox supporters" to mean the same that it has always meant: Knox's family and friend.

But ... if you prefer to believe that Knox supporters, in this particular instance, meant "some other guy" and the people normally described as Knox supporters were not present ... sure. I will continue to believe that Chris, Deanna and Amanda's one friend were her supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine