ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not both? Naive to to think his daughter would turn up but also emotional in the fact that she is missing?

Who said he was not emotional? Oh my! Do you think he was out bowling or mall shopping?

The home does NOT have an upstairs. It is a one floor home and the "upstairs" that everyone is referring is a pull down steps from the ceiling to get to an attic. It is a 3 bedroom home, 1 bath and 988 square feet.
Better view from side and front: http://thesop.org/story/20111220/neighbors-provide-some-pertinent-clues-in-ayla-bell-reynolds-disappearance.html

What I don't understand is if it is a one floor home then why does JD state that Ayla was taken from her upstairs bedroom? If they had those babies asleep in an attic with pull down stairs, that infuriates me even more.
I'm at work so I can't find the link right now to where JD and LE stated she was in the upstairs attic bedroom, but I'm sure you all know what I am talking about.

What I don't understand is if it is a one floor home then why does JD state that Ayla was taken from her upstairs bedroom? If they had those babies asleep in an attic with pull down stairs, that infuriates me even more.
I'm at work so I can't find the link right now to where JD and LE stated she was in the upstairs attic bedroom, but I'm sure you all know what I am talking about.

bbm. I haven't seen this, and after a quick search, I can't locate anything like that. I was under the impression that "attic bedroom" is just an assumption. If someone can link me to the origin of that information, that would be great. :)

A lot of people finish out their attics or basements and use them as bedrooms. It's not like it's all gross/wobbly/unsafe once it's been finished out. I grew up in the far north and the attic bedrooms were considered the coolest in elementary circles, because they had a clubhouse like feel to them.

Please. Like he would be scared if Nancy showed up. :floorlaugh:

lol ... JMO, but I think he is "all talk" ...

:waitasec: Hmmm ... it took him over 2 weeks to do an interview ...

JMO and MOO ...

We had a home with a finished attic bedroom.......light, cheerful and regular carpeted steps up to it.
Just like the second floor except it had eves on both sides and alcoves
at the windows.
Very big and even a walk in closet.
I even had a sewing area in the one end.

Justin said he wanted NG to go to his house (but NOT her producers) to see what he is gong though. He did not say he wanted NG to have a show to promote awareness of his daughter's disappearance. He said if the he is the brunt of the attacks and it helps to bring Ayla home then "sign me up". JMO

Wondering why hasn't Justin's mother made a statement other than how the media has been hurtful?

I, too, had children sleeping in an "attic" bedroom . . . cheery bright area just tall enough for the wee one & her friends. When she became too tall, we busted out the windows, placed in some dormers & a bath & all was good.

:giggle:

great article

In the meantime, DiPietro is concerned by the lack of activity outside his door on Violette Avenue Thursday. Since Ayla was reported missing, television and print journalists have been staked out at the home. He wants her disappearance to remain in the spotlight.

"The media isn't outside today," he said, gesturing to the window. "As much as people thought (the press) might have bugged me, it bugs me a lot more that they're not here."

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/aylas-father-opens-up-to-keep-focus-on-search_2012-01-05.html

I don't want to sound stupid, but maybe when he referred to "upstairs", it meant his bedroom was in the basement, and upstairs referred to the main level of house? JMO

The home--judging from the pictures--could very well have a finished upstairs attic bedroom or bedrooms. These types of homes are very popular in the geographical area of the country I grew up in--Michigan. When I was nine years old, we moved from "downstate" Michigan to the Upper Peninsula, (Sugar Island in between Sault Ste. Marie, MI and Sault Ste. Marie, Canada), and our home was very much like this one. It was nicknamed "the Gingerbread House" by island residents due to its cozy cottage look and white trim. There was just a tiny bathroom and two small bedrooms downstairs, and a large area upstairs that had been divided into two bedrooms--you walked through the first room to get to the second bedroom area. The only access to the attic bedrooms was a fold-up ladder stairs that was pulled down out of the downstairs living room ceiling. My bedroom was upstairs, and my friends thought that it was just the coolest setup. I still remember how loud and creaky walking up and down the stairs was, and our dog was too freaked out to go walk up the stairs. I lived there with my parents, older sister and two older brothers. With six of us the house was VERY small, and we only owned it for a year before moving to a larger home; I could not imagine what it would be like with three adults and two children.

I forgot to mention that the house we lived in when I was a child did not have a basement. I cannot tell from the pictures of Ms. DiPietro's home if there is an attic or not. Has this been mentioned at all?

I can't find any reference to Ayla's bedroom being the attic in MSM, in the LE statements I have compiled, in JD and TR + family statements, or through google. I may have missed it. this is the only reference to the attic I can find:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1112/19/ng.01.html
ALEXIS TERESZCUK, RADARONLINE.COM: Nancy, it`s a one-story home. There`s actually a garage. And people have been focused very intently on this home. They`ve brought the police dogs in. They`ve had helicopters overhead. They`re looking in house and in the garage. They seem to think that all of the evidence is right here in this home. And they haven`t put out an Amber Alert, either, because they don`t have a suspect. They are looking just in this house.

GRACE: Now, I don`t like the sound of that, Alexis Tereszcuk. What did you say about the garage and upstairs?

TERESZCUK They are looking in the garage, which is -- seems a little strange, like, maybe they thought the baby would wander away, but she doesn`t wander away. She`s very little. She can`t just wander away. So they`re looking in the garage really for evidence that maybe somebody had her in there and had taken her out of there.

GRACE: OK, wait a minute. Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute. Alexis -- put Tereszcuk up, please. Alexis, just because cops are looking in the garage does not mean they suspect someone in the home of wrongdoing. They may think someone took her out of her crib and went through the garage.

Now, more concerning to me, Alexis, is your report that they`re looking up in the attic. Did you say the attic?

TERESZCUK I did not say the attic, but you are absolutely right, Nancy. They are looking in the attic. It`s a two-story (SIC) house. And they`re looking everywhere. They think that there`s something in this home that can lead them to this baby.

GRACE: Because an intruder obviously, Alexis, would not go up to the attic with a baby.

TERESZCUK No.

GRACE: So the fact that they`re looking in the attic is very troubling.

lol ... JMO, but I think he is "all talk" ...

:waitasec: Hmmm ... it took him over 2 weeks to do an interview ...

JMO and MOO ...

I have no opinion of him, but what exactly do you expect him to do at this point? He's already cooperating with police and now it sounds like he's working with a search agency.

I can't find any reference to Ayla's bedroom being the attic in MSM, in the LE statements I have compiled, etc. I may have missed it. this is the only reference to the attic I can find:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1112/19/ng.01.html
ALEXIS TERESZCUK, RADARONLINE.COM: Nancy, it`s a one-story home. There`s actually a garage. And people have been focused very intently on this home. They`ve brought the police dogs in. They`ve had helicopters overhead. They`re looking in house and in the garage. They seem to think that all of the evidence is right here in this home. And they haven`t put out an Amber Alert, either, because they don`t have a suspect. They are looking just in this house.

GRACE: Now, I don`t like the sound of that, Alexis Tereszcuk. What did you say about the garage and upstairs?

TERESZCUK They are looking in the garage, which is -- seems a little strange, like, maybe they thought the baby would wander away, but she doesn`t wander away. She`s very little. She can`t just wander away. So they`re looking in the garage really for evidence that maybe somebody had her in there and had taken her out of there.

GRACE: OK, wait a minute. Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute. Alexis -- put Tereszcuk up, please. Alexis, just because cops are looking in the garage does not mean they suspect someone in the home of wrongdoing. They may think someone took her out of her crib and went through the garage.

Now, more concerning to me, Alexis, is your report that they`re looking up in the attic. Did you say the attic?

TERESZCUK I did not say the attic, but you are absolutely right, Nancy. They are looking in the attic. It`s a two-story (SIC) house. And they`re looking everywhere. They think that there`s something in this home that can lead them to this baby.

GRACE: Because an intruder obviously, Alexis, would not go up to the attic with a baby.

TERESZCUK No.

TERESZCUK No.

Thanks for the info. People on here have been talking about the attic for sometime, so I just gave my :twocents: Didn't Trista mention something about the two children sleeping in one room? That may be why the talk of an attic bedroom(s) came into play. A house just 988 square feet for 5 people would be so cramped, in my opinion. I understand that the sister lives there with brother, Justin and mom--correct? Unless there is a finished basement bedroom, with an adult to each of the 3 bedrooms, I wonder where the 2 children would sleep? The house does look very similar to the home I described living in as a child. Maybe more information regarding the setup of the home will come out in the media soon.

Thanks for the info. People on here have been talking about the attic for sometime, so I just gave my :twocents: Didn't Trista mention something about the two children sleeping in one room? That may be why the talk of an attic bedroom(s) came into play. A house just 988 square feet for 5 people would be so cramped, in my opinion. I understand that the sister lives there with brother, Justin and mom--correct? Unless there is a finished basement bedroom, with an adult to each of the 3 bedrooms, I wonder where the 2 children would sleep? The house does look very similar to the home I described living in as a child. Maybe more information regarding the setup of the home will come out in the media soon.

here's that statement from TR:

TIRSTA REYNOLDS: Someone just said that -- it was said that Ayla had her own bedroom at her father`s house. She does not have her own bedroom. She sleeps in the same room with her cousin, who is, I think, two months younger than her. So, if -- so why wasn`t she taken? If my daughter went missing, why didn`t her cousin -- you know, at least make a noise or scream or be taken as well.

GRACE: So you`re telling me that, Trista, that there would have been somebody else sleeping in the room with her?

TIRSTA REYNOLDS: Yes! Like, I`ve been to that house myself, and I have been in the bedroom to where Ayla sleeps, and she sleeps in the same exact room as Justin`s sister`s little girl.

I agree, it does seem very cramped. I hope so, Helenstreet. I hope since Justin seems to be speaking out more, we will hear more details about that night. I just wish the dang reporters would ask the right questions! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postalgirl74