Trial Thread 10 May 2012 - Judge's Instructions and maybe deliberations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he did but it is gone to a dump. But lets face it this guy is going to jail for 25 years. But would he get 22 years because he has been in jail for 3 so far?

If he had cooperated with LE in any way, I'm pretty sure that would have been brought up by the defence.

Maybe he did but it is gone to a dump. But lets face it this guy is going to jail for 25 years. But would he get 22 years because he has been in jail for 3 so far?

He might have, certainly possible imo. I am very curious to find out what the press is holding onto once deliberations start, and if there was any more information revealed/statements made to LE beyond what has been provided to the public. JMO

Going over some of the evidence provided by women who dated Rafferty. Many said he was constantly checking news about Tori.

Post offense conduct also included replacing his blackberry.

ok leaving for a while ...I am sure other tweeters will keep you posted ...thanks ...this is kind of getting to me already ..sorry be back later ...I certainly hope Judge"s instructions are over soon...and Jury can reach a conclusive verdict soon....very nerve wracking...I understand why Rodney had to leave court today ...bye robynhood!

RaffertyLFP: Heeney is continuing to read out summaries of testimony from various witnessess

Is this what they normally do in Canadian murder trials? Why is it necessary?

TIA

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Judge is recapping evidence given by various witnesses relating to alleged efforts by #Rafferty and McClintic to cover up crime

What worries me about the fact that the defence only introduced one witness... is about an Appeal to a guilty charge.... let's hope I'm worried about nothing !!!

I don't doubt he'll try, but I'm not too concerned about that.

RaffertyLFP: Heeney is continuing to read out summaries of testimony from various witnessess

TIA

LOL sorry... it's because we're Canadian LOL... excuse me please....

What worries me about the fact that the defence only introduced one witness... is about an Appeal to a guilty charge.... let's hope I'm worried about nothing !!!

The defence choice to present one witness is not grounds for appeal.

I am optimistic! I think MTR is TOAST.
What a wonderful Mothersday present that for Tara would be.

BUT I am just curious. Is there still somebody out there with serious doubts on MTR's guilt?
I would like to keep this discussion alive and to think about it as the jury has to. .... till the verdict....

Thanks and I wish you all a great day. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me :)

Elisha Haid testified she and Rafferty had sex the day after a Tori was killed. Told police it may have been April 10th.

RaffertyLFP: Heeney going thru testimony of women who dated Rafferty after meeting thru Plenty of Fish - one had sex with him day after Tori died

We've wrapped up the post offense conduct portion. 15 minute break.

RaffertyLFP: 15 minute break

TIA

It's relevant in the instruction to the jury. We certainly won't have a situation where 12 people decide the accused is not guilty because they can't figure out what specific injury resulted in death ... like the CA trial.

Even for first degree murder?

As far as I know, yes. The sentence for 1st degree murder is that the guilty party cannot apply for parole for 25 years, not that he or she is released in 25 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288