TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
His mom is very pretty.

The tshirt says "Still Waiting for Holly Bobo". I thought that was very odd. Normally they have a photo of the missing person with Please Help Find or something along those lines. The tshirt she's wearing doesn't have a photo of Holly on the front. Perhaps on the back, IDK.

Still. Weird wording, imo.

What I see on the tshirt is "Still Praying for Holly Bobo"

The link to the article I am attaching from April 16, 2011, NY Daily News, reports that the camo man actually had her arm going into the woods. Does anyone remember this being mentioned?

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-04-16/news/29461333_1_nursing-student-brother-cell-phone

I believe on AMW Clint said both Holly and the male had their arms "down or down at their sides". It is like that telephone game we played in school. Every time someone repeats something it seems to change. Clint said they were walking while other news reports said she was dragged into the woods in fear of her life.:please: I just wish there was one version!

I think the last place Holly was alive was where the blood puddle was seen. In some ways, It seems the perp was really mad and throwing her things out. It would be great if the police would tell what they found. We know a lunchbox, cellphone and rumors of her school papers/books being thrown on the main drag near her school.

It appears the perp was in a rage at the time and indicates (to me) that he was young.

If somebody loses a puddle of blood, do they leave the spot and pick up their books and purse and walk with a guy into the woods?

FWIW...I don't know if any of you watch Homicide Hunter on the ID Channel with Lt. Joe Kenda. One of his interrogation skills (which I'm sure many other LE agencies use) is inconsistent statements.

I recommend this particular episode because the one who seems like the most likely suspect, is NOT.

http://investigation.discovery.com/tv/homicide-hunter-joe-kenda/episodes/episode-guide.html

http://investigation.discovery.com/videos/homicide-hunter-lorraine-laribos-beaten-body-found.html

BBM: ~nt~, to jump off of your post – Another interesting way to look at this case would be to look at the person who has been least likely to have the media spotlight on them. Of course, LE may be investigating this person, we just don’t know anything about it.

If I take Clint’s story as fact (maybe he has a hard time telling a story from a linear standpoint):

Clint says he saw someone with Holly who he thought was Drew. Okay. Who looks like Drew, but is not Drew?

Clint says the perp was wearing camo. Who was wearing camo that morning, but it’s not Drew?

Clint says he heard voices coming from the garage/carport. Also, it has been stated by KB that there was a misunderstanding on her mother’s property that morning regarding hunting privileges. So, who had a beef with Holly (and/or the Bobo family) about being dressed down and embarrassed, but it’s not Drew?

I thought I would put this out there only because I have not heard anyone talk about this line of suspicion and it seems almost every other possibility has been discussed.

JMO

I had an idea that I would like to work on involving the timeline that I believe OldSteve created, can anyone tell me what thread # that was on and whether that is the most accurate and complete one? I seemed to remember that he had put a lot of work into it and that it seemed really complete.

I had an idea that I would like to work on involving the timeline that I believe OldSteve created, can anyone tell me what thread # that was on and whether that is the most accurate and complete one? I seemed to remember that he had put a lot of work into it and that it seemed really complete.

Here is Mr. Noatak's timeline.

My opinions only, no facts here:

My original (conservative) timeline posted earlier on Websleuths, is below. This timeline will be followed by a timeline that includes very speculative reports (excluding the most bizarre!) and extends well beyond April 13th. In the second timeline, speculative reports and rumors will be distinguished from more mainstream information, as explained in the header to my second timeline. To the mods- as usual I present no familial names except Holly Bobo and there are no links to outside sites.

4:30 AM (Holly awoke and was in bedroom studying, witnesses unknown)
5:30-5:35 (Holly still in bedroom, witness is father)
5:30-5:35 (Holly’s father leaves for work, witness is himself)
6:30-7:00 (Holly in bedroom and at breakfast table and mother makes a lunch for Holly, witness is mother)
7:00-ish (Holly’s mother leaves for work, witness is herself)
7:00-ish (Holly talking on phone with college girlfriend, witness is girlfriend)
7:30-ish (Holly talked with boyfriend on phone about him being accused of trespassing on her grandmother’s property across the county that morning while turkey hunting, witness is boyfriend)
7:30-ish (a flurry of calls between Holly/Holly’s boyfriend and Holly’s mother about the mistaken trespassing incident, witnesses are boyfriend and mother)
7:30-7:35 (Holly talked with mother on phone, witness is mother)
7:40-ish (Holly going outside to car-possibly 5 minutes earlier than usual so as to not miss a college exam, no witnesses)
7:40 (someone screamed at Holly’s house, male witness to scream is nearest neighbor to Holly’s house)
7:40-ish (male neighbor tells his own mother who also lives with him about hearing the scream)
7:40-ish (male neighbor’s mother calls Holly’s mother at work about the scream, witness is secretary who relays info to mother)
****note that earlier newspaper accounts may indicate a 7:30 time for the scream AND that the neighbors called 911 at this same time, curiously the 7:30 time for a 911 call was supposedly mentioned by an official; it seems that this is now corrected to 7:40- but did someone call 911 before Holly’s mother?****
7:50 (Holly’s brother wakes up because their house dog is barking, witness is himself; note that I have previously suggested that he may have awakened as early as 7:40 to 7:45 because this allows enough time for all of the following incidents to occur)
7:50-ish (looking out the window Holly’s brother notices Holly’s car is still there and sees the silhouettes of two people kneeled down by the car, he also hears voices of two people, witness is himself)
7:50ish- Holly’s brother calls his mother but gets no answer because mother’s phone is not with her, witnesses are himself and secretary)
7:50-ish (mother gets message from secretary and calls son/Holly’s brother who tells his mother about Holly’s car still being there and the two people he saw, witnesses are son and mother)
7:50-ish (the alarmed mother calls 911 but is not satisfied that she talked to the right office, witness is Henderson County dispatch)
7:50-ish (Holly is seen being led into woods by a man, witness is brother)
7:50-ish (mother calls son again and son says Holly is walking into woods with a man he thinks is her boyfriend-mother says it cannot be her boyfriend and to call 911 and go outside with a gun and follow them, witnesses are son and mother)
7:50-ish (mother calls 911 again, witness is Decatur County dispatch)
7:50-ish (brother tries to call Holly but gets voicemail, witness is himself)
7:50-ish (brother tries to call Holly’s boyfriend but gets voicemail, witness is himself)
7:50-ish (brother gets a pistol and walks out of house and notices blood and a spilled can of soda by Holly’s car, witness is himself)
8:00 (neighbor woman pulls up to Holly’s house and reports the scream her son heard to Holly’s brother, neighbor woman and Holly’s brother are witnesses for each other)
8:00-ish: (brother calls 911 as he hears sirens, witness is presumably the dispatcher- note that this call may have been at 7:59 based on a supposed official comment)
8:00-ish (first police car arrives “just after 8 o’clock”)
8:00-ish (the immediate woods where Holly was last seen were searched by up to three officers; this is both indicated and contradicted by these two statements: (“Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt said as soon as deputies arrived, they took a statement from Clint and began searching where Holly was last seen” AND “Wyatt said deputies did not want to enter the area or allow others to do so for fear that they would impair some evidence that might be found and because they were waiting on a search dog and trying to gather information leading them to go a certain direction.”)
later than 8:15: (the State Patrol brought in a search dog or dogs; it is implied that this was the same day that Holly disappeared)
__________________________________________________ ____________

Now I present my Holly Bobo case timeline, with many additional entries of estimable credibility and even some outright rumors added. I have made subtle changes even for the more credible entries, to clarify the witness situation. The very speculative entries will be ?bracketed in question marks.? REMEMBER, phrases that are ?bracketed in question marks? are either unsubstantiated, very speculative, internet rumors, or the consequence of clever trolls. But if you are deeply interested in this case, please read and study the following timeline to get a few new angles.

APRIL 13, 2011

4:30 AM (Holly awoke and was in bedroom studying, witnesses unknown) (An inch of rain fell the day before; this means that anyone using unpaved roads in the area should have left foot tracks and/or tire impressions) (?This would also aid tracking dogs, because the prior rain washed away earlier scents, making new scents seem stronger?)
5:30-5:35 (Holly is still in her bedroom, available witness is father)
5:30-5:35 (Holly’s father leaves for work, available witness is himself and possibly the mother)
6:30-7:00 (Holly is in her bedroom and at her breakfast table and mother makes a lunch for Holly, available witness is mother)
7:00-ish (Holly’s mother leaves for work, available witness is mother)
7:00-ish (Holly talking on phone with college girlfriend, available witness is girlfriend)
7:30-ish (Holly talked with boyfriend on phone about him being accused of trespassing on her grandmother’s property across the county that morning while turkey hunting, available witness is boyfriend)
7:30-ish (a flurry of calls between Holly/Holly’s boyfriend and Holly’s mother about the mistaken trespassing incident, available witnesses are boyfriend and mother)
7:30-7:35 (Holly talked with mother on phone, available witness is mother)
7:40-ish (Holly is going outside to her car-possibly 5 minutes earlier than usual so as to not miss an important college exam, no available witnesses) (?some reports suggest the car was in her long driveway, and other reports suggest it was in a carport?)
7:40-ish (?Holly is confronted by the perpetrator near her black Mustang automobile. She drops her can of pop. According to officials the mystery perpetrator is likely to be someone who was familiar with her daily schedule?) (?it is also said that Holly was led a short distance from the carport back into a semi-enclosed garage?)
7:40 (someone screamed at Holly’s house, male witness to scream represents household of the nearest neighbors to Holly’s house)
7:40-ish (male neighbor tells his own mother who also lives with him about hearing the scream)
7:40-ish (male neighbor’s mother calls Holly’s mother at work about the scream, witness is school secretary who relays info to Holly's mother) (?Note that earlier newspaper accounts may indicate a 7:30 time for the scream AND that the neighbors called 911 at this same time, curiously the 7:30 time for a 911 call was supposedly mentioned by an official; it seems that this is now corrected to 7:40 AM- but did someone call 911 before Holly’s mother?)
7:40 to 7:50 (?Holly is attacked in some manner and leaves a small amount of blood on the carport floor, see later comments?) There seems to be widespread support that blood was found. (My judgment- ?a knife was used in the crime?)
7:50 (Holly’s brother wakes up because their house dog is barking, available witness is himself; note that I have previously suggested that he may have ?awakened as early as 7:40 to 7:45 because this allows enough time for all of the following incidents to occur?) (?It has been claimed that there were two dogs, one inside the house and one tied up or penned outside of the house?)
7:50-ish (looking out the window Holly’s brother notices Holly’s car is still there and sees the silhouettes of two people kneeling down by the car, he also hears voices of two people, available witness is himself) (Note that I am confused about whether the two silhouettes were seen leaning down, kneeling, squatting or sitting)
7:50ish- Holly’s brother calls his mother but gets no answer because mother’s phone is not with her, witnesses are himself and the mother’s school secretary) (I want to clarify this statement; the mother may have physically had her cell phone but since she was in class she turned it off)
7:50-ish (mother gets message from school secretary and calls her son/Holly’s brother who tells his mother about Holly’s car still being there and the two people he saw, available witnesses are son and mother)
7:50-ish (the alarmed mother calls 911 but is not satisfied that she talked to the right office, witness is Henderson County dispatch)
7:50-ish (Holly is seen being led into woods by a man, available witness is brother)
7:50-ish (mother calls son again and son says Holly is walking into woods with a man he thinks is her boyfriend-mother says it cannot be her boyfriend and to call 911 and go outside with a gun and follow them, available witnesses are son and mother)
7:50-ish (mother calls 911 again, witness is Decatur County dispatch) (?some early official reports make it sound like the mother made only one 911 call, but I think she made two and this is an honest error?)
7:50-ish (brother tries to call Holly but gets voicemail, available witness is himself)
7:50-ish (brother tries to call Holly’s boyfriend but gets voicemail, available witness is himself)
7:50-ish (brother gets a pistol and walks out of house and notices blood and a spilled can of soda by Holly’s car, available witness is himself) (?there are early reports that the brother called 911 at this time, but I believe this refers to a slightly later call?, mentioned below) (?Note that I am confused here, because some reports indicate the blood was in the semi-enclosed garage and other reports indicate the blood was by Holly’s car, which I understand was not IN the semi-enclosed garage?)
just before 7:55 AM: (?the abductor has left the woods and is in a vehicle?) This is purportedly based upon early published comments from investigators.
8:00 (the previously-mentioned neighbor woman pulls up to Holly’s house and reports the scream her son heard earlier to Holly’s brother; the neighbor woman and Holly’s brother are witnesses for each other)
8:00-ish: (brother calls 911, just as he hears sirens, witness is presumably the dispatcher- note that this call may have been at 7:59 based on a supposed official comment)
8:00-8:05 AM: (the first police car arrives at Holly Bobo’s house, “just after 8 o’clock”)
8:00-ish (the immediate area where Holly was last seen was searched by up to three officers; this is both indicated and contradicted by these two versions: “Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt said as soon as deputies arrived, they took a statement from Clint and began searching where Holly was last seen” AND “Wyatt said deputies did not want to enter the area or allow others to do so for fear that they would impair some evidence that might be found and because they were waiting on a search dog and trying to gather information leading them to go a certain direction.”)
8:15 AM-ish (?based upon the original timeline and travel time, this would be the earliest that Holly’s mother would be expected to have made it to her home, assuming that she left from the school where she worked?) (The mother was driven to her home by a friend) (If a friend drove Holly’s mother to the house, it is not clear to me why the mother was not using her own vehicle)
about 8:30 AM: (Holly’s father arrives home from his workplace)
8:35 AM (?this is about when the police may have began a ground search around the property?)
later than 8:35 AM: (the State Patrol brought in a search dog or dogs; it is implied that this was the same day that Holly disappeared) (I cannot establish when the tracking dogs were employed, but believe that it was not particularly long after Holly disappeared)
later than 8:35 AM: (?there are two principal stories; one is that the dogs could not track Holly’s scent into the woods; the other version is that the dogs crossed the lawn to a path and continued a short distance on that path into the woods and lost the scent near a logging road?)
9:06 AM: (?Holly’s cell phone pinged, placing her phone about a mile from her house, near the junction of Swan Johnson and 5 Forks Roads?) (This is a rumor that appeared as early as April 21 to 22, but the exact time and more precise location of this ping may have been added to the rumor mill at a later date)
9:12 AM: (?A cell phone belonging to a publicly-unidentified individual pinged ‘six minutes away’ from the location of Holly’s 9:06 AM ping?) (?The cell phone owner’s vehicle is said to have been seen earlier on Swan Johnson Road on the morning of April 13, 2011?) (?This ping may correlate with the one said to have occurred from a location near the intersection of Highway 882, and Russ Long-Cub Creek Hill Roads?)
possibly the afternoon of April 13: (?It is said that 250 volunteers searched around Holly Bobo’s home. This seems unlikely at such an early date?, but is based upon earliest newspaper reports)

APRIL 14, 2011

daytime: (?at least 50 searchers are active?)

APRIL 14, 2011

evening: (?A landowner discovered Holly’s white sling-bag/lunch box along a creek about 6 to 8 miles from her abduction site. This should also represent the so-called Bible Hill discovery, although it is said to actually be on Gooch Road?) (?I pick the 14th for this find, rather than the 15th, based upon earliest news accounts?) (?Note that this version of discovery is confusing because the earliest reports talked about ‘searchers’, but the initial find was supposedly made by one landowner. Possibly the police immediately went to the site and contributed to the discoveries?)

APRIL 15, 2011

midday to afternoon: (strong storms were forecast for the region during this time period, perhaps searches were delayed for a short time)

ON OR ABOUT APRIL 16 or 17, 2011

daytime: (?The volunteer search is moved to the Gooch Road/Bible Hill area. The duct tape with hair and additional items may have been found here, a day or two later into this search?) (?Anyway, several items may have been recovered, leading to odd internet rumors of the discovery of lipstick, chapstick, jeans, a dollar bill with Holly’s name and two pages from a psychology textbook with Holly’s name on the pages?) It is not perfectly clear to me if these rumors are directed at discoveries in the Gooch Road area.

ON OR ABOUT APRIL 17 or 18, 2011

daytime: (?this is the earliest time span where I can establish that searches were conducted in Natchez Trace State Park, with 350 volunteers, although I have found dates as late as April 22 for the extended search here?) Note that the earliest possible dates for this search could predate the recovery of cell phone records, and instead be based upon a tip or an investigative hunch. Also, around this time interval, officials asked local citizens to be on the lookout for changes in behavior of anyone they know; exhibiting such behavior as missing work Wednesday through Friday or someone who may have excessively cleaned or sold a vehicle or all-terrain vehicle.

ON OR ABOUT APRIL 18, 2011

daytime: (underwater searches for evidence are conducted)

ON OR ABOUT APRIL 19, 2011

daytime: (?The area between Holly Bobo’s home and the yet-to-be-discovered “Easter evidence” location is being searched?) (?It is said that five roads leading to and from Holly Bobo’s house were searched during this time?)

APRIL 21, 2011

daytime: (?The area east of the yet-to-be-discovered “Easter evidence” is searched?)

APRIL 22, 2011

daytime: (500 volunteer searchers are said to be looking at a more narrowly-defined area, after authorities ruled out territory that has been previously thoroughly searched) (My thoughts- ?the police may have acquired and analyzed cell phone records by the 22nd or 23rd?)

APRIL 22 TO 23, 2011

daytime: (?The searches are now reported to be split into two areas. One area matches the search at the intersection of 5 Forks Road and Swan Johnson Road, described below. The other area is said to be the southernmost search, and this location may be equivalent to one shown on the location map I saw on Websleuths?) (my thoughts- ?now armed with the cell phone records, the police are searching the area of the first ping?) (?As mentioned above, there are reports of searches at this late date in Natchez Trace Park; these searches may have been further north and in another county?)

ON OR ABOUT APRIL 23, 2011

daytime: (?police receive DNA information from the blood found at Holly Bobo’s house?) (?It has been claimed on TV that this was indeed Holly’s DNA?) (?The area around the intersection of 5 Forks Road and Swan Johnson Roads, as well as other areas closer to the abduction site may have been searched. The timing of the 5 Forks-Swan Johnson search on the 22nd or 23rd could relate to the internet rumors that Holly’s cell phone pinged about a mile from her house. It seems unlikely that the cell phone records could have been obtained via warrants and evaluated by the police until several days passed from the time of the abduction. So, that could explain why this close-by area was searched at a later point in time- it took days to acquire and analyze the phone data showing where Holly’s cell phone pinged?)

APRIL 23 TO APRIL 24, 2011

daytime: (?This search included the area that has been variously described as “Holladay Road, Highway 69, Eaton Plant off Highway 641, Kolpack, the Tennessee Technology Center where Holly attended school, and the Tri-County Concrete property at 100 Eaton St.” This search location could have been based upon a ping or call from the perpetrator’s cell phone or a ping from Holly’s cell phone, but there is a news report that it was based upon a phoned-in-tip. Anyway, this should be where the so-called “significant find” or “Easter evidence” was made. Early reports and internet chat described a “card”, even a hotel door card, and later rumors suggest either a SIM card or cell phone or both?) (The timing and wording of early news reports suggest either the 23rd or the 24th as the discovery date and that a singular “item” was found) (?It was reported that the police backtracked and later said this evidence might not be related to the case?)

AFTER APRIL 24, 2011

Anytime: (?The public searches ended?)

SLEUTH ON!

I didn't read this in either timeline above:

Didn't Clint think that the figure with Holly in the garage was Drew and that he could have been showing her a turkey he had shot? And that could explain the blood to him?

Yes that goes back to IIRC the JVM interview where Clint says he saw silhouettes kneeling in the garage and he thought it was Drew and Holly and a turkey he had shot. He did not see blood at that time.

I believe he became suspicious later when he went back and saw blood, the spilled coke can, etc. Of course him mom had told him it was not Drew by that point anyway...

Thanks Carla, I remember a lot of us went 'round and 'round about the turkey comment, who, what, when, where, why, how.

You're right. After taking a second closeup look, it does say "praying". I apologize.

It's quite alright! It took me some linking back & linking back to figure out the other DS before I could even see the picture.

BBM: ~nt~, to jump off of your post – Another interesting way to look at this case would be to look at the person who has been least likely to have the media spotlight on them. Of course, LE may be investigating this person, we just don’t know anything about it.

If I take Clint’s story as fact (maybe he has a hard time telling a story from a linear standpoint):

Clint says he saw someone with Holly who he thought was Drew. Okay. Who looks like Drew, but is not Drew?

Clint says the perp was wearing camo. Who was wearing camo that morning, but it’s not Drew?
Clint says he heard voices coming from the garage/carport. Also, it has been
stated by KB that there was a misunderstanding on her mother’s property that morning regarding hunting privileges. So, who had a beef with Holly (and/or the Bobo family) about being dressed down and embarrassed, but it’s not Drew?

I thought I would put this out there only because I have not heard anyone talk about this line of suspicion and it seems almost every other possibility has been
discussed.

JMO

OK,as I read through 'wishyouarehere's ' post...I am struck by the thought Clint in retelling events implicated Drew. Perhaps,Drew didn't take kindly to that ...so now,on America's Most Wanted. The same narrator nixed the similarities to Drew...and now we have the 'perp' looking like a 'cousin'

It is clear that in recounting details of Holly's disappearance it was important to advance a line of thought, while leaving out or distorting other telltale evidence(i.e. turkey blood)There is utter confusion in the relating of these incidents because details are rearranged and a precise chronology is impossible. MOO

A Grand Jury (in my opinion)might be the only hope of discovering what happened that terrible morning. Everyone else in this tragedy has moved on with their lives but poor innocent Holly is still missing. MOO

Clint says he heard voices coming from the garage/carport.
Also, it has been stated by KB that there was a misunderstanding on her mother’s property that morning regarding hunting privileges.

So, who had a beef with Holly (and/or the Bo
bo family) about being dressed down and embarrassed, but it’s not Drew?

I thought I would put this out there only because I have not heard anyone talk about this line of suspicion and it seems almost every other possibility has been discussed.

JMO
wishuwerehere, Good points!
I mentioned the same thing a while back....big coincidence that same morning.
Didn't Clint also said the person had a YOUNG sounding voice?

I'd think if Drew was his friend and H.'s boyfriend, Clint would have reconized his voice.
All the telephone calls and the hunting dispute on that SAME morning is no coincidence, imo..
Who was the person who ran Drew and his Dad off Grandmothers property?
Was he a cousin?
What agency is in charge of bringing this case in front of a Grand Jury?
It's time, imo...

MizStery and Mysterylover: Thanks for your comments.

There is definitely some confusion in the telling of events about the morning Holly went missing. You would think the Bobo’s would want to clear up the confusion, and I think they have tried in their own way. Every time they get back in front of the camera a new line of confusion emerges, and we have more questions. It probably has something to do with what is being left out of the narrative. They may be talking around it so their telling of events is confusing. I think we can all agree that there are nuggets being left out of the narrative.

Speculation – KB: “That’s not Drew. It’s ____________.” Maybe KB was so sure it was not Drew because she already had a firm grasp on who was at the house with Holly. KB may have named someone to Clint over the phone (as well as the 911 call). However, if this is the case why wouldn’t LE name this someone as a POI???

And yes, like someone previously mentioned recently,
when they did not make any statements for the first 3 months, it kind of set the tone that something is strange about this case.

Why all the slience for 3 months when you have a missing family member that needs to be found.

It does not make any sense whatsoever IMO....

Hatfield, I just finished reading AMW.com and here is a snip of what I read. I noticed the story has changed again, from D. to a cousin.
It's been over a year, it's time the truth is revealed and we know what happened to Holly...imo
I hope it's o.k. to quote this:
Search Continues For Abducted Tenn. Woman

Holly-Bobo_content1.jpg

View Larger
Holly was last seen on April 13, 2011.

Tennessee police are still searching for 21-year-old Holly Bobo, who disappeared on Wednesday, April 13, 2011.
Cops say Holly may have been abducted from her home in Decatur County, Tenn., at around 7:30 a.m. Her family says that's when she gets ready to leave for her classes in nursing school.

She was last seen by her brother, who says he saw her walking into the woods with a man he thought was their cousin.
The man was wearing camouflage, but that was not an unusual sight in the area at that time because it was turkey-hunting season.

Moments later, a neighbor drove up saying she heard yelling coming from the garage 20 minutes prior.
Realizing something was terribly wrong, Holly's brother dialed 9-1-1.

The neighbor had contacted Holly's mother at work a few minutes earlier, and she had called 9-1-1 as well before rushing home.

When officers arrived and checked the house, they found evidence of blood on the floor of the garage.

wishuwerehere, Good points!
I mentioned the same thing a while back....big coincidence that same morning.
Didn't Clint also said the person had a YOUNG sounding voice?

I'd think if Drew was his friend and H.'s boyfriend, Clint would have reconized his voice.
All the telephone calls and the hunting dispute on that SAME morning is no coincidence, imo..
Who was the person who ran Drew and his Dad off Grandmothers property?
Was he a cousin?
What agency is in charge of bringing this case in front of a Grand Jury?
It's time, imo...

BBM Yes, not only the same morning, but within minutes of her disappearing. Very strange series of events. Unless there were voice mails then there is no way for le to know the details of the conversations during those phone calls?

I am relatively new to posting here, so have patience, please! I have been reading as many of the threads as I can digest and trying to make sense of the chain of events!

What I specifically wanted to discuss is the layout of the Bobo home and this "carport area." I live in TN and get my news from the Middle Tennessee news outlets mostly. If you don't live in TN, you may not know that our state has three distinct geographical areas--West, Middle, and East. Our news is covered by stations whose signals primarily go out to one of the three specific regions. Nashville, our capital city, lies in Middle TN. Here, we do not hear much news from the other two regions, unless the story is big, as it was with Holly's story.

One of our local channels in Middle TN did a story recently on Holly, and Clint spoke in the story, explaining a little about the "carport." I wish I had the link, and perhaps I can find it, if the story is up on the news site. At any rate, I heard from Clint's own mouth a detail I had not heard before. He was explaining that there was an outer carport, where the cars were, and then there was some kind of enclosed room-- maybe where a garage used to be-- but that had been closed in to some kind of room.

I'm going from memory on this story, but the way he described it, something woke him (dogs barking?) and he got up and went in the kitchen. In the kitchen, there was a door with a window in it. This door led to what used to be the garage, but was now closed in. He saw two people crouched down, like squatting, with their backs to him. One was Holly. The other was the guy in camo clothing. They appeared to be examine something. I'm pretty sure he went on to say that this was the spot where he later saw blood.

So, my question is--if this account is correct--what happened from the time Holly exited the house until her brother saw her in the enclosed room? I submit, and these are my opinions based on what we've been told, that she exited the home carrying a purse (with items girls carry, cellphone, I.d.'s, etc.), a can or cup of soda (my youngsters like to drink a Mountain Dew or the like to wake them up before a test) , and a lunch bag (supposedly packed by her mother), AND her college books ( possibly in a book bag.) That is a lot to carry! In addition, she might have been fumbling with keys (don't know if she locked car at night or not.) my point is, her hands were full.

At this juncture, it would seem she meets up with someone outside. I suspect that this person's arrival is what set off the dogs! I know my dog can hear someone driving up our long gravel driveway before I can. The frequency of gravel crunching drives my little dog insane, and she reacts strongly, even when it's people she knows! I believe the person was already in place by the time Holly got outside, and he intercepted her as she was distracted and fumbling the many things she carried!

I know that when I am startled, I have screamed loudly at times! Perhaps Holly's scream was a reflex reaction to being surprised by someone who had slipped up behind her. When you turn and see someone there, when you thought no one was around, you scream sometimes! Perhaps her scream set the dogs off. The brother didn't hear it, but that is not out of the realm of possibility! If his door was shut, and he had a fan going or music, or even a pretty soundproof room on the other end of the house, he would not hear anything. But the dogs have much better hearing than humans!

Perhaps the man who approached Holly scared her and she screamed, and the dogs began to bark, and he panicked and punched her, telling her to be quiet! Perhaps she tried to run back inside, knowing Clint was there. Somehow, they ended up back in the enclosed part of the garage area. Clint stated in this interview that what he saw was more like silhouettes than clear images. (I'm paraphrasing his comments as I remember them.) At this point, I think the only thing he thought was weird about this situation was that Holly was not getting to school. I don't think he particularly sensed any danger yet, according to reports.

So, has anyone else read or heard these same facts? Do you think there is anything to the story of two different garage or carport areas? Can anyone put their finger on which interview it was where he said these things?

I am relatively new to posting here, so have patience, please! I have been reading as many of the threads as I can digest and trying to make sense of the chain of events!

I'm going from memory on this story, but the way he described it, something woke him (dogs barking?) and he got up and went in the kitchen. In the kitchen, there was a door with a window in it. This door led to what used to be the garage, but was now closed in. He saw two people crouched down, like squatting, with their backs to him. One was Holly. The other was the guy in camo clothing. They appeared to be examine something. I'm pretty sure he went on to say that this was the spot where he later saw blood.

So, my question is--if this account is correct--what happened from the time Holly
exited the house until her brother saw her in the enclosed room?
<snipped>

So, has anyone else read or heard these same facts? Do you think there is anything to the story of two different garage or carport areas? Can anyone put their finger on which interview it was where he said these things?

Welcome to Websleuths. :welcome3:Thanks for the insight in news broadcast for TN. Here's some place to start. Hope you get some of your questions answered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by*Woe.be.gone*
How does one see into an attached garage from inside one's house?
CB claims the garage is attached to the house.
I've been under the impression that the garage was that carport that looks
to be in the back and to the right of the house if you're facing the front of the house with the circular drive in front of it.
If there is an attached garage it would be to the left of the front door.
How would CB be able to see into that garage from the inside of his house?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizStery
I believe this is from the "Jackson Sun" newspaper.
This describes the relationship of where the blood by the car is in relation to the house.~n/t~ on*
the previous page of the thread has the transcript from Valez-Mitchell interview where she asks CB about that.

Clint described the man as wearing a noninsulating type of camouflage a turkey hunter might wear and said that he could not see the man's face or hands. He
believes he might have been wearing gloves and a cap. He said both Holly and the man had their backs turned to him. Clint told investigators the man was between 5 feet 8 inches and 6 feet tall and weighed around 200 pounds.

Karen said she told Clint to get a gun and go after the man. She hung up to call 911 again and reached Decatur County. She still had not told Clint about Drew being on the other side of the county, and Clint said he still believed the man to be Holly's boyfriend.

Clint got a loaded pistol,*walked out of the back door and went through an open garage attached to the house. That's when he saw a puddle of blood near Holly's car.

"When I walked out the back door, I saw a small puddle of blood, and I still wasn't alarmed because who I thought was her boyfriend was dressed in camo," Clint said. "I thought, 'He's killed a turkey up here on this trail behind the house and brought it to the house to show Holly before she goes to school.'"

"The thing is there was no turkey," Clint said. "I wondered why they would take the turkey back to the woods unless they were walking back to put the turkey in his truck. I was not worried until the neighbor pulled up and said her son heard screams."

Page 30 Thread #31
Link(not sure if it will work)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7550199#post7550199

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics