Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped from, Family Suggests Van Der Sloot Confession Coerced

And his family is suggesting any confession might have been forced out of him, reports CBS News Correspondent Elaine Quijano

In coming days, the Dutchman is expected to be taken back to a Lima hotel room to re-enact the crime.

Van der Sloot's mother spoke to her 22-year-old son and says the confession may have been coerced.

http://cbs3.com/topstories/joran.van.der.2.1741136.html

How could a confession have been coerced?????? We have been told that according to Peruvian law, a confession (if honest & in agreement with the evidence) would result in Joran receiving a reduced sentence. Apparently the authorities have tons of evidence, so actually they are being extremely kind to Joran by allowing him the opportunity to confess & receive a reduced sentence. The Van der Sloot's & Dutch authoroties just don't seem to be able to "get it" that Joran is not everyone's darling.

Snipped from, Family Suggests Van Der Sloot Confession Coerced

And his family is suggesting any confession might have been forced out of him, reports CBS News Correspondent Elaine Quijano

In coming days, the Dutchman is expected to be taken back to a Lima hotel room to re-enact the crime.

Van der Sloot's mother spoke to her 22-year-old son and says the confession may have been coerced.

So Joran's mother has shown up with a Dutch lawyer advising and has hired a local lawyer. Now the legal wrangling begins. I do hope that the evidence against Joran is rock solid. Considering the past happenings in Natalee's case, I am begining to get worried. :(

I don't know much about preparing a body for burial, but would all or most evidence under her fingernails and stomach contents be removed before burial. I read somewhere that her body was to be exhumed for DNA samples.

From the article it seems that Joran told the police that he used marijuana, but tox tests show that cocaine was in his system also. He's even lying about that. Also, from what I can decipher from the article Stephany had drugs in her system without saying which drugs, but I am assuming they are the same drugs as Joran - marijuana and cocaine.

Not necessarily. Obviously, the police are interested in what drugs or other substances he may have been under the influence of at the time Stephany was killed. Cocaine will be detected in the body for several days after use even if the amount used is minimal and the person is not a habitual user. If the person is a habitual user and/or the amount used is a great deal it can be detected in the body many weeks after the last use.

If evidence of cocaine use was found in Joran it doesn't in any way mean that he was under the influence of it the day he killed Stephany and it may have been weeks since his last use. He may have used it the last time months previously if he was a habitual user.

There is no drug test for cocaine that will be able to pinpoint whether or not a person was under the influence of cocaine on a certain day, and whether or not he was under the influence of cocaine when Stephany was killed is all that matters here. Finding cocaine in his body only indicates that he used cocaine at least once in his life, fairly recently (which may have been weeks before he killed her) and is pretty irrelevant.

As for finding cocaine use in Stephany... considering her toxicology testing has not even been completed, nobody knows yet what substances may have been in her body, and if cocaine is detected when those toxicology tests come back it may not mean she was under the influence of cocaine the day she was killed.

Finding cocaine residue on either of them or in the room would be a heck of a lot better indicator of whether or not either of them may have been under the inflluence of cocaine when she was killed.

I understand that some outlets are saying "police reports" indicate tod estimated to be right after he returned to the room, but imo they are basing that claim on JVDS story, which is always problematical. I don't believe anything he says. i think furman is right to point out the "coffee trip" may have been more of an attempt to establish a framework for "his story,( which is, oh poor me...she invaded my space while I was getting coffee and this forced me to kill her) than the truth.

http://gretawire.blogs.foxnews.com/category/hot-issues/

sure JVDS usually has some kernel of truth in his lies, but the only truth in his confession may well be "I killed her." I don't see how anyone can believe anything he says.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U34VQzODOMY[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3BsI9T7dr0[/ame]

Not necessarily. Obviously, the police are interested in what drugs or other substances he may have been under the influence of at the time Stephany was killed. Cocaine will be detected in the body for several days after use even if the amount used is minimal and the person is not a habitual user. If the person is a habitual user and/or the amount used is a great deal it can be detected in the body many weeks after the last use.

If evidence of cocaine use was found in Joran it doesn't in any way mean that he was under the influence of it the day he killed Stephany and it may have been weeks since his last use. He may have used it the last time months previously if he was a habitual user.

There is no drug test for cocaine that will be able to pinpoint whether or not a person was under the influence of cocaine on a certain day, and whether or not he was under the influence of cocaine when Stephany was killed is all that matters here. Finding cocaine in his body only indicates that he used cocaine at least once in his life, fairly recently (which may have been weeks before he killed her) and is pretty irrelevant.

As for finding cocaine use in Stephany... considering her toxicology testing has not even been completed, nobody knows yet what substances may have been in her body, and if cocaine is detected when those toxicology tests come back it may not mean she was under the influence of cocaine the day she was killed.

Finding cocaine residue on either of them or in the room would be a heck of a lot better indicator of whether or not either of them may have been under the inflluence of cocaine when she was killed.

that report is based on a dutch news outlet quoting some latin american newspaper.. i'm initially skeptical. how are they fingering SF when her tests aren't even back?

According to what Greta stated on GMA today, it is Beth Holloway's money, although it is unknown where Beth got the $25,000.00. The FBI recorded the transaction.

Hi Patty... did you happen to capture that one on video? I missed it. Thanks.

I have said this many times and I am sure people are tired of hearing it but I have a brother that is a drug addict. His drug of choice is oxycontin. You would never know he is using when he does oxycontin. But Cocaine is a different story. He has only used cocaine a few times but when he has he is mean as a snake. He scares me. So I can see Joran flying into a rage over any little small thing if he was using cocaine.

Ah so it's the FBI that paid that money, I didn't understand that part before

Here's a snippet from today's New York Post about that:

Federal agents trying to build an extortion case against Joran van der Sloot secretly gave him the cash that wound up funding his trip to Peru, where he killed a young woman exactly five years after the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, The Post has learned.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/fbi_cash_funded_Tl93VwoKTnWzMPmKeAwrfL#ixzz0qMfE26Pf

I noticed that Patti posted above that Greta reported it was Beth's money.
Who to believe ... Greta or NY Post? Not sure! :confused:

I know I have an active imagination but I'm convinced that this narcissist has all manner of things on his computer. Pictures, videos -- or at the very least telling bookmarks and emails to other crimes he may have committed and been involved in. I hope there is something in there about the "help" he received from Aruban authorities.

That's what I'm hoping. I imagine he is very deeply regreting Peruvian police being able to delve into every little corner of his harddrive.

Federal agents trying to build an extortion case against Joran van der Sloot secretly gave him the cash that wound up funding his trip to Peru, where he killed a young woman exactly five years after the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, The Post has learned.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/fbi_cash_funded_Tl93VwoKTnWzMPmKeAwrfL#ixzz0qMfE26Pf

Greta's interview starts around 3:16 in the video.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Media/joran-van-der-sloot-growing-link-natalee-holloway/story?id=10863952

These are not necessarily inconsistent statements..... FBI "gave" him the money, but Beth (or the foundation) was the "source."

she went to get high
her pants look like little stretch waist pull on legging or capri pants in the video.
we do not have direct confirmation of wether or not there is any sexually related dna on the body, it only appears there was no sex.
we don't know if he may have tied her up at some point to keep her in bed while he ran out.
we don't really know when she was killed.
she may have freed herself and was trying to leave when he returned.

she could have been beaten while she was unconcious.

he could be a mastrubator and there is no penetration.

he did not kill her because she found out who he was.

she did not have enough time to find any thing incriminating, especially being that she didnt know any thing about natalie.

i think he had her car keys and money in his pocket when he went to the store.

he used her money to pay the room.

I don't believe he killed her because she found out who he was either. He has not kept a low profile for the last 5 years. He has changed his story often concerning Natalee thus staying in the spotlight. I think he is proud of his reputation. With Cocaine being in his system, he may very well have flown into a rage because she was touching his computer but it had nothing to do with her finding out about Natalee.JMO

These are not necessarily inconsistent statements..... FBI "gave" him the money, but Beth (or the foundation) was the "source."

Based on Greta's blogging, John Q. Kelly was in Aruba at the time of the hand-off of the money. So it may just be Beth's attorney, John Q. Kelly that handed Beth's money over to Joran while the FBI recorded the transaction. Perhaps there was an undercover US FBI agent in the room, however those finer details have yet to come forward.

"and agents decided to set him up with a $25,000 payoff, a source told The Post yesterday.

An intermediary acting under the direction of the FBI gave van der Sloot the dough in Aruba on May 10"

That's what I'm hoping. I imagine he is very deeply regreting Peruvian police being able to delve into every little corner of his harddrive.

If it's true that he reacted so violently to Stephanie over the computer then maybe there are many things on it that he doesn't want anyone to see. I can only imagine what type of websites he frequents alone... sick.

I pray that laptop is going to take him down -- and hopefully a few of his buddies from Aruba along with him.

Based on Greta's blogging, John Q. Kelly was in Aruba at the time of the hand-off of the money. So it may just be Beth's attorney, John Q. Kelly that handed Beth's money over to Joran while the FBI recorded the transaction. Perhaps there was an undercover US FBI agent in the room, however those finer details have yet to come forward.

BBM... that's another fine detail that has yet to come out as far as I know.

From the article it seems that Joran told the police that he used marijuana, but tox tests show that cocaine was in his system also. He's even lying about that. Also, from what I can decipher from the article Stephany had drugs in her system without saying which drugs, but I am assuming they are the same drugs as Joran - marijuana and cocaine.

A dear friend of mine is an alcohol and substance abuse therapist/social worker. She told me that it is not uncommon for some drug dealers/sellers to lace marijuana blunts with cocaine to make their goods more potent so that their buyers are eager and loyal for repeat sells and they most times aren't aware that the blunts are laced. FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni