GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadness, anger, worry - it's hard to decide on an emotion right now, said Larry Maynard, the father of two children who have gone missing in Knox County.
Law-enforcement officials searched a house last night in Knox County and nearby Kenyon College locked down its campus, because the children, their mother, and a friend were reported missing. They are thought to be victims of foul play.
Knox County Sheriff David Barber told WBNS-TV (Channel 10) that Tina R. Herrmann, 32, and her friend Stephanie Sprang, 41, along with Herrmann's children, Sarah Maynard, 13, and Kody Maynard, 10, were last seen Wednesday.
Maynard, who lives in southern Franklin County, said Herrmann's coworkers at Dairy Queen called him and told him what happened.
"It's like somebody ripped my heart out while it was still beating," Maynard said.
"You have this kind of thing on the TV all the time, but it's never your family. I'm no dummy. I know the longer these things go on, the worse the chances."
Sarah is a bubbly child and "a star athlete on the softball team." Kody is quieter, a good student always on honor roll. Maynard said he last saw them about three weeks ago when he and his wife took them to the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. Maynard and Hermann never married.
He said Sprang has her own children waiting for her to come home.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten.../12/4-people-missing-foul-play-suspected.html

http://www.federalnewsradio.com/index.php?nid=29&sid=2115733

very good write up on the case so far.

((aside)) I have family in this area (johnstown, danville, and Mt. Vernon) and also grew up about 20 miles away... this is an absolutely beautiful part of Ohio.

I hope these four are found soon. the descriptions of the children in the above article was heartbreaking. I hope they have not been harmed.

any word on WHERE the boyfriend is? Has he absconded?

One article stated that the boyfriend lived there too, at the house with Tina, her children, and Stephanie.

If the boyfriend reported Tina, Stephanie, and the children missing on Wednesday.................where did he stay Wednesday night? If he lives there too, did he go home on Wednesday night or stay elsewhere?

If the boyfriend reported Tina and the others missing on Wednesday, and Tina's pickup truck was there at that time...........was the pickup truck missing when the police investigated? And, when did the police investigate? Did they respond to the report right away on Wednesday when the boyfriend reported it? It sounds like the police didn't check out the house until after the co-worker reported Tina missing.

I skimmed thru earlier articles & that's what it sounds like to me...tho admittedly the whole situation is confusing --especially since I stayed up all nite last nite...gotta lotta brain drain going on & coffee isn't working to kick it back into gear. ::sigh::

Maybe I'll just get another cup of coffee & read everything over one more time..and start adding to orb4me's timeline.

click thanks if I have this right ((((pass the coffee Ms Texas)))))

tina's truck was there when the friend popped by to see why she didn't show up for work and saw beer cans and blood

when boyfriend gets to house the truck is gone?

not sure *when* the truck was there and when it wasn't LOL and what *time* boyfriend got there....

The 32-year-old mother, Tina Herrmann, was reported missing by her boyfriend on Wednesday, and her co-worker at a Dairy Queen went to her home in Howard to check on her when she didn't show up for work on Thursday, Knox County Sheriff David Barber told.

another snip

Herrmann's pickup truck was at the home Wednesday when the boyfriend reported her missing, the sheriff said, but it was found abandoned Thursday night on property owned by Kenyon College,

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2010/nov/12/16/4-people-missing-college-lockdown-ar-288593/

so:
1) wednesday BF reports them missing (((when is the friend last seen??? did anyone report her missing? was HER truck at the house when he reported Tina missing???)))) what TIME did he report her missing? Was there blood in the house and beer cans all over at this time???

2) thursday kids don't show up at school, Tina doesn't show up at work. Coworker goes to the house and finds blood and beer cans in the house... leaves and calls LE

3) thursday night truck found at Kenyon College.

---------------

hinky meter beam currently pointed at boyfriend. moo

Larry Maynard said that he spoke with one of Tina Herrmann's co-workers, who went to her house and peeked inside her windows after not showing up for work.

"I guess (the co-worker saw) some beer cans and some things that looked kind of out of place, and she knew that something was definitely not right," Larry Maynard said. "My ex kept a pretty clean house. She went and entered the home and when she went into the home, she saw some blood in the home and -- at that point -- she turned around and left."

According to Larry Maynard, the co-worker then called 911. He told 10TV News that Tina Herrmann never missed work and his children never missed school.

Larry Maynard said that Tina Herrmann's boyfriend contacted him after she was reported missing.

"My kids are my world," Larry Maynard said. "It's like somebody had ripped my heart out of me. I don't want to believe that something has happened to my children, but in my heart, I know there's something that's happened to them."

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...4-people-missing-kenyon-lockdown.html?sid=102

Thanks for this article. I think it clarifies some things. I'm not suspicious of the boyfriend at this point............he seems to have a good relationship with the ex-husband, contacting him after reporting Tina and the children were missing.

thank you Texas Mist. I tryed:), The time lines that are on WS makes things so much easier to follow.
Ive already had another thought. Maybe the friend is who we should be looking into, she hid/placed her car in their garage. Normal people dont do that.

The 32-year-old mother, Tina Herrmann, was reported missing by her boyfriend on Wednesday, and her co-worker at a Dairy Queen went to her home in Howard to check on her when she didn't show up for work on Thursday, Knox County Sheriff David Barber told.

another snip

Herrmann's pickup truck was at the home Wednesday when the boyfriend reported her missing, the sheriff said, but it was found abandoned Thursday night on property owned by Kenyon College,

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2010/nov/12/16/4-people-missing-college-lockdown-ar-288593/

so:
1) wednesday BF reports them missing (((when is the friend last seen??? did anyone report her missing? was HER truck at the house when he reported Tina missing???)))) what TIME did he report her missing? Was there blood in the house and beer cans all over at this time???

2) thursday kids don't show up at school, Tina doesn't show up at work. Coworker goes to the house and finds blood and beer cans in the house... leaves and calls LE

3) thursday night truck found at Kenyon College.

---------------

hinky meter beam currently pointed at boyfriend. moo

I'm trying to figure out the thing w/ the friend's truck - was it there when the co-worker went to check things out? Along w/ Tina's truck?

See what gets me about all this is this (I think, LOL) -- how are that many people missing if both trucks were at the house?

I wish we knew what kind of trucks -- king cab, club cab, regular 2 door pick--em-up?

Agh - my head hurts! I hope this post makes sense!

Thanks for this article. I think it clarifies some things. I'm not suspicious of the boyfriend at this point............he seems to have a good relationship with the ex-husband, contacting him after reporting Tina and the children were missing.
did he (boyfriend) contact the exhusband when he first reported her missing on wednesday or after the coworker called LE on thursday?

I still don't understand the state of the house on thursday and the whole wednesday reported missing call made by the boyfriend:waitasec:

I'm trying to figure out the thing w/ the friend's truck - was it there when the co-worker went to check things out? Along w/ Tina's truck?

See what gets me about all this is this (I think, LOL) -- how are that many people missing if both trucks were at the house?

I wish we knew what kind of trucks -- king cab, club cab, regular 2 door pick--em-up?

I know what Texas~ let's chalk it up to crappy reporting! Cause it surly has been confusing eh????

thank you Texas Mist. I tryed:), The time lines that are on WS makes things so much easier to follow.
Ive already had another thought. Maybe the friend is who we should be looking into, she hid/placed her car in their garage. Normal people dont do that.

bbm

she did????

I know what Texas~ let's chalk it up to crappy reporting! Cause it surly has been confusing eh????

So confusing that I'm headed out to the ice house for a couple brain-stimulating Mountain Dews.

There was an F150 that was shown on the news this morning, I believe it was Tina's, the one found at Kenyon college, I think it looked like it might have been a supercab, it has the small backseat with the half back door.

10tv has pictures of all 4 on the top of their page.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/index.html

further question... did the boyfriend report the children missing on wednesday as well??? or were they at the house????

I have only read that they didn't show up for school on thursday (not wed)

this case is very strange!!!!!!!!!!

I thought the friend, Stephanie, was living at the house with Tina and the two children too?

Maynard, who lives in southern Franklin County, said Herrmann's coworkers at Dairy Queen in Mount Vernon called him and told him what happened.

so not the boyfriend????
http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...ople-missing-foul-play-suspected.html?sid=101

much more at link (article somewhat updated)

oh and another snip:

A State Highway Patrol helicopter equipped with a heat-imaging system, which can detect bodies, swept the area near the home last night and was returning early this afternoon to resume the search and take Sheriff Barber aloft, said Lt. Gary Lewis, patrol spokesman.

The house is in Howard Township. Kenyon College is about 7 miles away.

Just opinion as a local on some of the news sources - The Dispatch and WBNS-10TV tend to do pretty accurate reporting, although WBNS can lapse into over-hyping the coming news as more sensational than it really is. I'm not overly familiar with WCMH-NBC4's broadcasts. However, WSYX-ABC6 and WTTE-Fox28 tends to sensationalize their broadcasts, particularly when crime is involved.

I'm sure everyone knows to take what they hear with a grain of salt, but I wanted to give the non-locals a head's up. Unless it comes straight from LE's mouth, the information being relayed may have been given the usual "spin." Again, this is just my opinion - so you can take that with the usual grain of salt as well. :twocents:

HOWARD, Ohio — The former live-in boyfriend of an Ohio woman who has gone missing along with her two children and a friend says he last heard from her on Wednesday morning.

Greg Borders says Tina Herrmann texted him on his way to work at a distribution center about 4:40 a.m. to let him know that she'd fed the dog.

Borders says he and Herrmann split up several weeks ago, but were still living together. He says they were a few months behind on their mortgage payments and were going to lose the house.

Borders says Herrmann and her friend had plans to look for an apartment.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/7291746.html

So I snipped out the truck info --

* mother's pickup truck was at the home Wednesday when the boyfriend reported her missing,

* On Thursday - "A co-worker came out and met deputies out here. Her (Tina's) truck was gone."

* Thursday - friend's vehicle was found parked at the home.

* thursday nite - LE finds Tina's truck near the college

The missing piece to clarify is where was Stephanie's truck on Wednesday...I could def.see the b/f freaking out if both trucks were there on Wednesday but nobody's home.

If Stephanie's truck wasn't there, then maybe someone used her truck, & brought it back late Wednesday/early Thursday & took Tina's truck then dumped it at the college.

Doesn't make any sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members