2011.06.17 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-One)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Kat..I am new also and was very lost, but starting to get it now.
Lurked here for years though, this is a great place with great posters.

should also point out that Kat is also designated "mock jurior"-----

Pass the low-carb breakfast, please, before I head to the other thread.

Not a dumb question, at all: she can try to, but if I remember correctly, the judge has her on record approving of and being satisfied with her counsel. That right there could be used against her if she tries to play out the "incomp rep" card.

My understanding of this whole issue is that the defendant isn't expected to be able to judge whether or not her counsel is competent. So it would seem like this asking if she's satisfied is about meeting her right to choose her own counsel? I asked one of the lawyers on an earlier trial thread about whether or not this case seemed like it would meet the standard of incompetent counsel. The presumption when the case goes to appeal is that the defense was adequate, and the appellate lawyer has to prove that it wasn't. Also, I believe the standard involves the idea that the outcome would be different. And there have been articles written about lawyers that were drunk, on drugs, etc. who weren't judged inadequate because the outcome would have been the same, I believe. All in all, it seems like a very difficult question to predict.

I have a (kitten) family emergency to attend to, so HHJP said I can be dismissed early. ;)

What...prove he didn't! :floorlaugh:

Fine, take the kitteh's to the vet. But do not talk to anyone about this case, do not read or watch the news about this case, no social media, and if any reporter tries to make contact, report this at once.

I have a (kitten) family emergency to attend to, so HHJP said I can be dismissed early. ;)

What...prove he didn't! :floorlaugh:

Mountain Kat -

Do you see my avatar? This is the face HHJBP is giving you! Get back in your seat Mock Juror!

Bladder empty, coffee cup refilled, all six kittens snuggled in and sleeping...let's get this show on the road! :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6SgRCKmfyc&feature=feedu"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6SgRCKmfyc[/ame]​

Good morning folks . . . just enough time to grab my coffee and catch up on this thread, so, again, a shout out to ALL posters thoughts and a special thanks to the transcribers and moderators.

noooooo... At least yesterday i had a new chapter of angry birds to pass the time... But i 3 star'd every level and found the golden egg and even eagle'd the levels. Lol

missed the upgrade, thank you!!!!

Why on earth are people fighting to get a seat? This makes no sense to me, and is actually quite disturbing. Are they drinking all night? What is going on!

KC in the Courtroom, in lavender shirt today. Hmmm....

ETA: And unbottoned too far again, sigh.

So what is the theme song of the day...

Circus music
or
The Addams family

(and this my 1000th post, this trial has made me nuts):seeya:

Morning sleuthers! Today is the day I laid out of work to watch the trial. My family is staging an intervention. I might need to come stay with somebody :seeya:

Good Morning Everyone!

Breakfast looks soooooooo good. Much better than my protein shake.

I didn't get to see the trial yesterday, but from what I read, I didn't miss much.

This might be a dumb question...BUT...Since there are other "qualified" lawyers on the "Dream Team"...Can ICA still try to appeal for Incompetant Representation?
Ha, the only thing that might come close in ICAs mind is if she pleads the fact to HHJP "your honor, my atttorney is incompetent due to the fact he ignores me, called me a two year old, and he checks out those ugly witnesses". :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Tejas1821