Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, okay, thank you c_e!! I had heard about the condom DNA, but didn't realize it was from the 10/22 attack. Thanks for the info.

As long as the volunteers provided DNA first, that's a great idea! But, can you imagine if they just accepted anyone, with no testing, and the perp volunteered to keep women safe?? :eek:

The police would have to do some sort of background checks on any volunteers and it would be good to have a DNA sample for each volunteer. This would take a bit of time to set up, but could evolve into a permanent team effort to keep students safe.

Hey everyone, another newbie here.I am also local.I live about an hour north of Reno but work in Reno both near where Breanna was abducted and where
she was later found. I've been following this since 2 days after she disappeared. One thing that really bothers me is what Lt. Robert McDonald said on Tuesday." THIS CASE IS SHOCKING TO US,BUT TO 99.9% OF THE PEOPLE THAT LIVE IN THIS COMMUNITY, THEY HAVE NO COMPREHENSION AND CANNOT EVEN FATHOM THAT SOMEONE HAD DONE WHAT THIS GUY DID.HE'S A DEVIANT NOT WORKING ON THE SAME MORAL PLANE AS THE REST OF US." This guy is the head of robbery/homicide in reno. What did he see or what does he know that could provoke a comment like this? I have a feeling that there is alot that LE is not talking about. In the RJG Tuesday they said that the October incident has NOT been linked forensically but they still think that it is linked too this case. I am also confused as to where this sketch of the suspect came from and why it doesn't appear to match the description of the suspect. I really like this website and every body here keeps me thinking.I have never followed a case like this. I do have a daughter and Briannas' picture is all over town and this guy HAS to be caught. I wouldn't be disappointed to see LT. McDonald kneeling over the perps body soon. You guys on this forum are great THANKS.

Hey everyone, another newbie here.I am also local.I live about an hour north of Reno but work in Reno both near where Breanna was abducted and where
she was later found. I've been following this since 2 days after she disappeared. One thing that really bothers me is what Lt. Robert McDonald said on Tuesday." THIS CASE IS SHOCKING TO US,BUT TO 99.9% OF THE PEOPLE THAT LIVE IN THIS COMMUNITY, THEY HAVE NO COMPREHENSION AND CANNOT EVEN FATHOM THAT SOMEONE HAD DONE WHAT THIS GUY DID.HE'S A DEVIANT NOT WORKING ON THE SAME MORAL PLANE AS THE REST OF US." This guy is the head of robbery/homicide in reno. What did he see or what does he know that could provoke a comment like this? I have a feeling that there is alot that LE is not talking about. In the RJG Tuesday they said that the October incident has NOT been linked forensically but they still think that it is linked too this case. I am also confused as to where this sketch of the suspect came from and why it doesn't appear to match the description of the suspect. I really like this website and every body here keeps me thinking.I have never followed a case like this. I do have a daughter and Briannas' picture is all over town and this guy HAS to be caught. I wouldn't be disappointed to see LT. McDonald kneeling over the perps body soon. You guys on this forum are great THANKS.

Welcome aboard FXSTS!

That statement made by Lt. McDonald has bothered me since I first read it. It seemed to be a very strong statement from a police officer who likely is not shocked very often by things he sees in his profession.

The police are not saying anything about the condition of Brianna's body, nor of any evidence collected from the scene, with the exception of the underwear that has DNA from the suspect and an unknown woman.

This leads me to believe the police have some items of evidence that are unusual. Something that they'll use later to positively identify the perpetrator.

Welcome and thanks for your post.

We have talked quite a bit about that statement. I am not sure how to interpret it at this point.

I am leaning more towards it being a "normal" rape and homicide.

However, I can see, especially with the thongs, how this case may be more bizarre.

Welcome to WebSleuths FXSTS!!! Always good to have more insight, especially local insight.

I heard it on NG last night and questioned that statement in a post last night.
I think it was the night before on NG that one of the THs said her body was found nude. There has been no confirmation of that, either.

I have not seen this posted anywhere, so please accept my apology if it's a dupe.

The Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket Brianna's service this weekend. The announcement is up on their website, a site so foul I will not utter it's name here. There are people organizing to block them.

confused:confused:
why on earth would a church picket Brianna's service???

Hey everyone, another newbie here. *snip* I have a feeling that there is alot that LE is not talking about.
Welcome to WS, FXSTS. You are right - it seems the Reno LE are keeping a lot of the evidence, etc. confidential, and if that's what they need to do to help the case then I'm glad they are doing it.

It's enough to surprise your attacker to give you some time to run!

OT, but I think pepper spray and mace are a bad security method for women when attacked. For one, it is usually buried in their purse and it is too late by the time they dig it out. Second, if the do get the opportunity to use it, there's a 50-50 chance they will spray themselves instead of the perp. A better alternative is a keychain personal alarm. I bought my girlfriend one that is also a flashlight that is compact and accessible. We tested it and it is the most horrific noise I have ever heard! Attackers panic and run from noise in most cases. Just my 2 cents.

OT, but I think pepper spray and mace are a bad security method for women when attacked. For one, it is usually buried in their purse and it is too late by the time they dig it out. Second, if the do get the opportunity to use it, there's a 50-50 chance they will spray themselves instead of the perp. A better alternative is a keychain personal alarm. I bought my girlfriend one that is also a flashlight that is compact and accessible. We tested it and it is the most horrific noise I have ever heard! Attackers panic and run from noise in most cases. Just my 2 cents.

good point made about the sprays.....i've seen these keychain alarms, but have never heard one...something to look into...thanks!

& welcome to WS:)

I am also confused as to where this sketch of the suspect came from and why it doesn't appear to match the description of the suspect.

Welcome to WS! The sketch came from the Oct 22nd university parking garage rape vic. The difference between the sketch and the description from the Nov and Dec attacks is why many of us don't think the Oct 22nd incident is related. That and his MO is different from the Nov and Dec attacks.

Welcome and I'm glad you're joining our discussion :) I think the statement by Lt. McDonald possibly could indicate that there was some sort of postmortem sex involved or mutilation of the corpse. It's horrible to think but I agree with you there's something they're not mentioning that is beyond Brianna being strangled and dumped in the field. I too wish another sketch would be released of what the Dec. victim described.

Welcome to WS, Fxsts!

OK, Let me recap here. For starters, the condoms were NOT found at the 10/22/07 crime scene. They were found in the 11/13/07 crime scene.

In the Nov. 13 incident, a 21-year-old UNR student was walking through an apartment parking lot at 401 College Drive, when an unknown male assailant approached her from behind and put her in a chokehold. The suspect dragged the victim between cars, pushed her to the ground and groped her. As she fought and yelled, he told her not to scream. The victim continued to scream and fought her attacker. Even though the assailant warned the victim to stop screaming, the assault stopped after the suspect kicked the victim in the head and arm and ran away after dropping a couple of unopened Trojan-brand condoms. http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=53281

Next, the subject of the weird eyed man came from Brian's Predictions (IIRC) so I never put much stock into it.

As far as the comment by Lt. McDonald, he may have a daughter the same age and this could have hit very close to home for him. For a perp to prey on these girls is horrific and to come into a home to take Brianna is very bold. I don't know that I would read more into it than that, personally. It is bad enough that she was murdered and left like trash in a field. We will certainly hear the gory details later, but I think if she was "posed" (Yes, LE does use that word when a corpse has been repositioned unnaturally after death.) then it would create a sense of outrage among everyone working the case. I just hope it isn't true.

I have to agree with Lion about him possibly attending the memorial service. You would think he would have the sense not to, but thank goodness...criminals don't always use good judgement especially after crimes he thinks he has gotten away with.

I haven't had a chance to read back here (and I'm trying to watch/listen to the pres. debate while posting here :) ) but does anyone know what happened with the young woman who was reported as missing last night?

Snipped...
Hey everyone, another newbie here.I am also local.
Welcome aboard, FXSTS! Glad for the local input, looking forward to more of your posts.

I have not seen this posted anywhere, so please accept my apology if it's a dupe.

The Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket Brianna's service this weekend. The announcement is up on their website, a site so foul I will not utter it's name here. There are people organizing to block them.
OMGosh! That's just so sick, I can't stand those people and their beliefs!! :furious:

Welcome to WS, Juvenile! You have a good point and the personal alarm keychains would be a great idea right about now for women in Nevada, and anywhere, for that matter.

good point made about the sprays.....i've seen these keychain alarms, but have never heard one...something to look into...thanks!

& welcome to WS:)

Thanks! I've been lurking for some time but finally used my work email to post since yahoo, gmail etc are not allowed.

Check into the personal alarms, I am a big advocate.

Welcome to WS, Juvenile! I think those are a great idea! I think I will get my daughters a couple to go along with their shin scraping and foot stomping/eye gouging skills. :)

The girl was found safely walking around the site, Panthera. :) I should call her "Stupid girl"!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998