Casey & Family Psychological Profile #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolding mine.

I don't believe anyone wants to get Casey out of this. I further believe most of us here believe she is guilty, although possibly not the only guilty party.

That said, I DO believe Casey was a victim of her upbringing. Sorry, but I really do. I can understand why she may have harbored anger/rage; its just a shame she took it out on Caylee.

I also believe she did know right from wrong, EXCEPT, maybe not in that exact instant when the deed was done, IF she did the deed, and there wasn't another whole scenerio which I believe is also possible. IF Casey killed Caylee in a fit of rage, I believe its possible she went temporarily insane. No, I don't want her walking the street again, but I can honest to God understand what may have happened when and IF she killed her child.

My opinion only

I believe her upbringing "enabled her further" with her actions, as opposed to blaming it on her upbringing. There are too many mulitple children families in which all the children are abused and perhaps only one goes on to be a problem in society. Thus, it is complicated to blame upbringing when the remaining children are good citizens of society. I hope that makes sense. When each one of us have our own brains and know right from wrong, we are responsible for our own actions.

Our backgrounds and history and trauma's that we've experienced really shouldn't play a factor in the "Act of Murder/ or Crime"...it can play a factor in how one perceives others, etc. (example: a neglected child may possess feelings of insecurity, depression, withdrawl, etc....and sometimes all of their lives. However, that same child knows right from wrong...so if they murdered another human...how can one blame that on their upbringing?)

There are many folks who suffer tragedies, mental illness, personality disorders, post traumatic stress, hardships and pain....and they do not go on to commit an act of murder....and in a lot of cases...never an act of any crime. Hope this makes sense.

Blackwatch,

I don't buy the "Temporary insanity" defense either. Point being..if she did have a breakdown and killed Caylee even if by accident in a fit of rage...or an overdose of chloroform. Once the body "comes back down to normal"....it would have been reported. One who had temporary insanity would not have carried on for 31 days of partying, laughing, etc. A good example of temporary insanity is Andrea Yates.

Very true. Fifteen years ago I had a nervous breakdown as the result of a lot of tough things which were going on in my life at the time. The drugs I was given caused me to become briefly psychotic. I checked myself into the hospital for a few days, because I had young children and felt it wasn't safe for me to be around them. I know what it feels like to be psychotic and it isn't fun. I didn't feel like going out partying with my friends. You couldn't get a smile on my face if you paid me a million dollars. It is one of the most terrifying things I have ever gone through and it makes me a little upset when people refer to KC as psychotic. She is not psychotic.

Sorry about the life story.

Excellent post and very accurate. Not everyone who has mental illness or disorders commits crimes of murder...or crimes, in general. I'm sorry to learn you have suffered with psychosis and I have always believed it is much more common than people want to share. Especially with my firm belief in post partum psychosis. Hormones amuck can play a big role in this and it can happen to anyone. Thanks for sharing.

If KC had a brain tumor she would display other physical symptoms of it
I would think & the seizures would become more frequent and severe

Possible, but not always. Sometimes the seizures are very infrequent. We don't know for sure if she has had more and didn't tell anyone, or didn't know herself if she had more. As for physical symptoms...we also don't know if she suffered from headaches more frequently, etc. I'm not saying that she has a brain tumor, I am however saying it should be ruled out.

Can someone direct me to a link to the first deposition from GA and CA??? I can't find them anywhere online now.....Just thought it would be interesting to go way back to those first statements they made in a courtroom when everything was still kinda new.....just to remember what all they said back then.....I wasn't sure where to post this question....hope this thread is ok...

It depends on what you are using in your google search. Try using the words "George Anthony investigation" as opposed to the deposition. A lot will come up. Same with Cindy, etc. You'll also find a lot of the actual video's on Youtube and TruTv. If your seeking the actual documents, try here:
http://www.docstoc.com/search/George-Anthony/.

This link, while long, has a all of the documents on the left side in a boxed column:

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...lice+interview+"pdf"&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

Hope this helps.

Excellent post and very accurate. Not everyone who has mental illness or disorders commits crimes of murder...or crimes, in general. I'm sorry to learn you have suffered with psychosis and I have always believed it is much more common than people want to share. Especially with my firm belief in post partum psychosis. Hormones amuck can play a big role in this and it can happen to anyone. Thanks for sharing.

It has been bugging me...so I'm going to put it 'out there' for discussion. KC has an 'episode' at a party where she gets exceptionally upset when she sees BSnow. Supposedly, she had recently had a miscarriage of his child...according to her (as reported by AmyH I think). I wondered if maybe she did have a miscarriage and was suffering from PPD. I'm not defending her in the slightest degree. I just think the defense might latch onto it, and I thought we should look back and see what the timeframe was.

UPDATE:
It was at the 'No Clothes Party' on 5/25/08 that she had the 'episode'. AH doesn't say when KC said she actually had the miscarriage. Since she got so upset, I just thought it may have been recent. I think I read other stuff about it elsewhere too. I'll keep looking. She was probably lying through her teeth and faking the episode for attention. <--most likely scenario.

Interview with Pat Brown, criminal profiler, about Casey's psychopathy right now on Today Show. VERY interesting. People in other time zones should be able to see this in the next hour or so. msnbc.com puts up links to these interviews within an hour or so.

Excellent interview! Interesting insight into Casey's mind.

I'll come back and post the link as soon as it's up, or if somebody else catches the link, please post.

Interview with Pat Brown, criminal profiler, about Casey's psychopathy right now on Today Show. VERY interesting. People in other time zones should be able to see this in the next hour or so. msnbc.com puts up links to these interviews within an hour or so.

Excellent interview! Interesting insight into Casey's mind.

I'll come back and post the link as soon as it's up, or if somebody else catches the link, please post.

Thanks. I will look for it:)

Since this thread is about the family, my gut reaction to Cindy is "that woman is evil."

i think casey grew up in an environment where evil was always around. science says a kind act makes even strangers who merely witness the act feel better; unfortunately, i would guess an act of evil would have the opposite effect.

How or Why is Casey evil? I personally think it can be purely organic, purely environmental or anywhere on the scale between. She will be studied for the next 50 years.

In my personal experience, I have only met one person who was "born" evil. The rest were, in my opinion, "made" evil. I have only met one child that seemed to be "born wrong" and seemed scary evil. I would not have been surprised to learn that child had an organic default in her brain. Her parents were extremely kind and compassionate. I do not get the kind and compassionate vibe from Cindy in the least....

My main point is, casey's # 1 role model / influence would have been dear old mom.

My stepdaughter is being raised by a mother that shares a lot of characteristics with Cindy with the exception of not being able to hold a job for more than 2 years (due to actions she takes in the workplace, actions based on her personality).I pray every day that she is able to survive her upbringingwith her mind and personality intact. She already exhibits narcissistic tendencies like her mother. I think Casey is a product of nature and nurture. Her inherited (genetic) characteristics, combined with the environment she grew up in created the person she is today. Someone else correctly called it "the perfect storm."

agree 100%!

Ol' Marcia does seem a tad "off", no doubt. We used to have a poster here on this very thread who I believe was psychotic- I am not saying that in any offensive manner, I am saying it because if people read the posts from this person I think they may see it as well. In this situation when the poster was spoken to when people resonded, it fuled the delusion and future responses would be even more out there. But when ignored he simply moved on.

It was very sad to see how others treated this poster even after pm's sent letting others know that this poster may not be trying to be difficult but may be psychotic and have no control over it.

Bolding mine

I'm always horrified and amazed that so-called adults can be so cruel and, so "seemingly" naiive, when it comes to mental illness. Otherwise kind, caring, compassionate people will disbelieve there are people who cannot help themselves, even going so far as to ridicule. I never could figure out why they find it so hard to believe there is such a thing as "brain disease" when they believe in "heart disease". A disease is a disease and people need to get over their OWN uncomfortable feelings about it. Truth be known, there is probably a large percentage of the so-called "normals" hiding their own flaws.

That said, I believe Casey was never the "coddled princess" people believe she was. Oh, yes, Cindy probably did cover for her, but in my opinion it was only to maintain Cindy's projected image of the perfect family. God forbid anything of hers wasn't perfect. I further believe Casey was verbally abused, if not physically, and we've seen examples of that. We've also seen pictures on national tv of the gps weilding baseball bats and hammers. I have no reason to believe Casey's home life was a bowl of cherries or that she was treated like a princess. Casey was the pariah, in my opinion, and Lee was the good child, the mediator. Casey learned to lie, not only at her mother's knee, but because she had to for self preservation. Cindy does not appear to be the type that allows anyone to hold opions not approved by her, nor do I think, would she allow Casey to lead her own life if it didn't correspond to Cindy's ideas of how life should be led.

My socio daughter does not allow anyone to toss cigarette butts on her lawn - we have to smoke outside - because that is not the IMAGE she wants to portray, cigarette butts on the lawn are "so" low class. Yet, I wonder if the neighbors saw the repo man take away her car (twice), or the water company stand in front of the house, pull up the cover, and shut off her water. Is this sounding familiar? I believe Casey was scared to death of Cindy and in my opinion, so is the rest of the family.

I don't think Casey was allowed to be her own person, she was denigrated, and she was in constant fear of gaining her mother's disapproval - so, yeah, she developed issues and we see where these issues led. I believe she may have been in a red rage (IF she killed Caylee) and, when she came back to herself, was too frightened of her mother to admit it, hence the lies. However, she did try calling George and Cindy, but they didn't answer, no help there. She just winged it, too afraid of her mother to tell the truth.

I don't know what to make of the searchs. I probably have similar searchs on my computer, but I never killed anyone. I probably have worse searchs, come to think of it. I also have an interesting son who uses my computer - God knows what LE might find on my machine. But, that wouldn't mean "I" was the guilty party.

Don't get me wrong - I do think Casey killed her daughter, but I don't think she's the monster we all think she is. There are some other scenerios playing around in my head. The only thing I do know for SURE is Caylee's dead and will not go to bed anticipating a visit from Santa. Caylee will not wake up in the morning with awe and wonder shining from her eyes and that is sad beyond words.

Sorry to be so long winded. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

My opinion only

It has been bugging me...so I'm going to put it 'out there' for discussion. KC has an 'episode' at a party where she gets exceptionally upset when she sees BSnow. Supposedly, she had recently had a miscarriage of his child...according to her (as reported by AmyH I think). I wondered if maybe she did have a miscarriage and was suffering from PPD. I'm not defending her in the slightest degree. I just think the defense might latch onto it, and I thought we should look back and see what the timeframe was.

UPDATE:
It was at the 'No Clothes Party' on 5/25/08 that she had the 'episode'. AH doesn't say when KC said she actually had the miscarriage. Since she got so upset, I just thought it may have been recent. I think I read other stuff about it elsewhere too. I'll keep looking. She was probably lying through her teeth and faking the episode for attention. <--most likely scenario.

Do you think it's possible that you read my questions before and you were thinking about this?

I asked this question BEFORE on the Psych. 2 thread, Post #190:

10-25-2008, 09:19 PM
concentric
Registered User Join Date: Jul 2008

I put forth this question on some other threads here and sorry if it has already been addressed. I can really see the defense trying to get her ruled insane by undiagnosed post-partum psychosis; to favorably compound the issue, they could cite the miscarriage she told her friend about at the party.
---------------------

I also asked if the defense could use PPD. I never said she was psychotic. Only wondered if the defense could use it.

Bolding mine

I'm always horrified and amazed that so-called adults can be so cruel and, so "seemingly" naiive, when it comes to mental illness. Otherwise kind, caring, compassionate people will disbelieve there are people who cannot help themselves, even going so far as to ridicule. I never could figure out why they find it so hard to believe there is such a thing as "brain disease" when they believe in "heart disease". A disease is a disease and people need to get over their OWN uncomfortable feelings about it. Truth be known, there is probably a large percentage of the so-called "normals" hiding their own flaws.

That said, I believe Casey was never the "coddled princess" people believe she was. Oh, yes, Cindy probably did cover for her, but in my opinion it was only to maintain Cindy's projected image of the perfect family. God forbid anything of hers wasn't perfect. I further believe Casey was verbally abused, if not physically, and we've seen examples of that. We've also seen pictures on national tv of the gps weilding baseball bats and hammers. I have no reason to believe Casey's home life was a bowl of cherries or that she was treated like a princess. Casey was the pariah, in my opinion, and Lee was the good child, the mediator. Casey learned to lie, not only at her mother's knee, but because she had to for self preservation. Cindy does not appear to be the type that allows anyone to hold opions not approved by her, nor do I think, would she allow Casey to lead her own life if it didn't correspond to Cindy's ideas of how life should be led.

My socio daughter does not allow anyone to toss cigarette butts on her lawn - we have to smoke outside - because that is not the IMAGE she wants to portray, cigarette butts on the lawn are "so" low class. Yet, I wonder if the neighbors saw the repo man take away her car (twice), or the water company stand in front of the house, pull up the cover, and shut off her water. Is this sounding familiar? I believe Casey was scared to death of Cindy and in my opinion, so is the rest of the family.

I don't think Casey was allowed to be her own person, she was denigrated, and she was in constant fear of gaining her mother's disapproval - so, yeah, she developed issues and we see where these issues led. I believe she may have been in a red rage (IF she killed Caylee) and, when she came back to herself, was too frightened of her mother to admit it, hence the lies. However, she did try calling George and Cindy, but they didn't answer, no help there. She just winged it, too afraid of her mother to tell the truth.

I don't know what to make of the searchs. I probably have similar searchs on my computer, but I never killed anyone. I probably have worse searchs, come to think of it. I also have an interesting son who uses my computer - God knows what LE might find on my machine. But, that wouldn't mean "I" was the guilty party.

Don't get me wrong - I do think Casey killed her daughter, but I don't think she's the monster we all think she is. There are some other scenerios playing around in my head. The only thing I do know for SURE is Caylee's dead and will not go to bed anticipating a visit from Santa. Caylee will not wake up in the morning with awe and wonder shining from her eyes and that is sad beyond words.

Sorry to be so long winded. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

My opinion only

Merry Christmas back, honey!

You may be right about KC, but that doesn't help her case.

Many people grow up abused, and come out of it just fine.

My sister and I were constantly verbally abused, and not allowed to be our own paople. My sister was also beaten, on occasion. My father believed in keeping the females down and feeling bad to keep control.

We both responded by moving out and getting jobs and higher education, the minute were were old enough. There is no physical or verbal abuseof our offspring.

If KC had done the same, that fight and Klee's death would never have happened. Instead, she chose not to work, to live at home, and to steal for spending money. She also chose to party, rather than taking care of her child. She dragged Klee around to stay with her with men whom she barely knew. She, Klee and Tony shared a bed. She put Klee down on the couch at adult parties where there were booze, drugs and sex. She could have put Klee up for adoption, CA or not.

She's still very dangerous, at least financially.

If she accidently killed Klee, "in a red rage," she has still not shown the slightest grief or regret. She tossed away her body like a sack of garbage.

What might happen to another child, of hers, if she loses her temper, again?

Lots of people come from dysfunctinal families. Few kill their babies, or chonically thieve.

BTW-- Are you Scots? (Blackwatch). :)

Do you think it's possible that you read my questions before and you were thinking about this?

I asked this question BEFORE on the Psych. 2 thread, Post #190:

10-25-2008, 09:19 PM
concentric
Registered User Join Date: Jul 2008

I put forth this question on some other threads here and sorry if it has already been addressed. I can really see the defense trying to get her ruled insane by undiagnosed post-partum psychosis; to favorably compound the issue, they could cite the miscarriage she told her friend about at the party.
---------------------

I also asked if the defense could use PPD. I never said she was psychotic. Only wondered if the defense could use it.

I imagine there wold have to be some medical proof that she ACTUALLY had a miscarriage. When has KC ever told anything approaching the truth about her reproductive events? Why would there by ANY reason to believe ANYTHING that KC ever said?

As it very well should be. I have been diagnosed with MS. I say it is no more my sister's fault that she is diagnosed Bi-polar 1 then its my fault to be diagnosed with MS. :)

Exactly!

I am very sorry about both, BTW.

I agree, some of us have and that is how we know what Psychosis looks like. It is not easily mistaken for anything else. I explained the symptoms (offered links and all, I believe) and how none of them are present in Casey several pages back and I believe in the second thread as well when it was brought up. I honestly just don't see how anyone can even think they see it in Casey and I admit, I get a bit frustrated with the fact that it keeps coming up as if it is a viable option. I am sorry if I hurt your feelings while expressing my frustration I did not mean to.

I have Rapid cycling Bipolar I with mixed and psychotic episodes, that is no secret- I would never attempt to demean anyone that is mentally ill because I know how it feels. I try to offer facts, symptoms, traits and personal stories to help others better understand mental illness (I'd love to see a day when everyone is informed so they can spot the symptoms early and get treatment before things get out of hand.. the earlier one is treated the better chance they have of some day having a normal life) and I just feel that every time someone says Casey may be Psychotic it just tosses mis-information and stigma back onto Psychosis.

Anyway, again, I am sorry I hurt your feelings I really truly did not mean to.

In explanation:

I think you took out your frustrations about people saying she is psychotic on me.

Some time back, you wrote a reply to my question of: Can post-partum depression or psychosis be used by the defense?

You responded: Have you ever talked to anyone who is psychotic??? She is not psychotic!!!

It seemed like you were screaming at me, when I did not say she was psychotic.

Anyway, thanks for the apology. I understand more than you know.

Just had to write my thoughts for the Anthony's on this sad Holiday. Regardless of what anyone might think of them, they were loving grandparents. I see them surrounded by everything that was Caylee, her room, toys, outside playhouse, the pool, child-sized picnic table & hundreds of her playthings. She was their world, & I can't imagine what it must be like to wake every morning in the presence of all of what WAS her!, & knowing it will be nevermore. It is tragic & more than a nightmare!

So, on this Christmas Eve, I feel we should pray for them in any way you can. Right or wrong, with all their human frailities, they are suffering more than I would ever want to imagine.

That's why I talk- It's why I do not shut up! It's why I get upset when Casey and Bipolar or Psychosis are used in a sentence! I do not want one more person to suffer needlessly because of lack of knowledge or the stigma of mental illness! I lived my entire life messed up- even as a child all I ever wanted to do was die and sadly even then I thought it was my fault, that I was a bad person, that it was a flaw in me. I am 36 years old and I have only been "normaL" for the last 6 of those years. But that does not have to happen to other people!

Mental illness is not your fault, you do not deserve it and it is not a flaw in your character- There is hope and I am a wonderful bad example :)

Merry Christmas to you too :)

Sadly, some people do not get treated, because they think it's a character flaw. Soem think they should be able to "snap out of it."

That would be like trying to "snap out of" diabetes.

Mental illness is the same sort of neurological error that diabetes is an endocrinological error. Luck of the genetic draw, pretty much.

I imagine there wold have to be some medical proof that she ACTUALLY had a miscarriage. When has KC ever told anything approaching the truth about her reproductive events? Why would there by ANY reason to believe ANYTHING that KC ever said?

No, you don't understand. I was responding to Beckaroozie who just asked the question again, after I asked the same thing way back and it was addressed.

I'm not the one bringing it up again.

Look, my own experience with PPD is that I could hardly drag myself into a standing position, and have a thought process, much less party and dance in a frenzy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member