UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The woman in the Elizabeth Smart case plead guilty, once she was on meds she no longer went with any kind of insanity plea.

ETA; I don't know about anti-mormon from him, he might just be an "everyone deserves a good defense attorney especially if it's high profile"....

I don't know anything about his religious background. My sense is he's more interested in a case based on its public profile. The higher the profile, the more he's interested.

If Josh has no job and no income from Susan then who is paying for the house and utilitiy bills, kids needs and lawyers?????

Disclaimer---I am not a mental health professional of any kind. I find psychology fascinating, and the following is my opinion, based upon what I have read and studied on my own.

Some mental illnesses or personality disorders are less evident when a person is younger, then become more severe in early adulthood. Some types of deviant personalities, such as sociopaths, are very proficient actors. They are aware that their true personality is not socially acceptable, so they observe "normal" people and imitate their behavior. They can be extremely deceptive.

When a "normal" person marries a sociopath, they will gradually experience more and more of that person's true personality...it is hard to accept the fact that the person you thought you married really fooled you into believing their "public" personality, (the one you saw before you married them), which was not their true personality. When you live with someone day in and day out, they can't keep fooling you forever. If their true personality is sociopathic, and they become aware that they can no longer control you by fooling you, they decide to get rid of you. "Get rid of" can mean anything from leaving, divorcing, alienating your children from you, taking the children, leaving you penniless, up to or including physically harming you or murder. Just depends upon how sick your particular sociopath is!

Sociopaths live among us. They blend in. They can be charming, smart, successful in their chosen field. A young woman; even a very intelligent one, can be fooled in to falling in love. It happens too often!

That sounds about right. That also sounds an awful lot like my sisters ex husband. She thought he was one person and after they got married its like he did a complete 180 and was someone else all together. He turned out to be a psycho. Thank goodness she is not with him anymore. Its so scary.

Her ex was just like that. Socially awkward and then observed others and "acted" out a personality based on what he saw. But the more she saw him, the more he changed and couldn't hide himself anymore.

Susan's face is really on the news a lot more today, thank goodness. I bet Josh never expected all this interest from everyone/everywhere. I hope Nancy Grace will have a lot on her show tonight in regards to Susan's disappearance.

Can you put your finger on what you feel about him? Gut feeling? menacing? dishonest?
Many of my girl friends found my ex menacing before I did

He just made me feel uncomfortable. He was nice enough and seemed fine when he was our realtor and we had to work closely with him for a few months straight but that was also 4 1/2 years ago. A lot has changed with him since then it seems. He seemed fake. I didn't like how he was treating Susan and because of the things I knew about their relationship it made me like him less because I knew what kinds of things she had to put up with.

I wonder if Josh's dad has lawyered up since his name has been showing up on websites as people start to speculate.

I apologize if these questions have already been answered...

but in reference to the comments that Susan desired that Josh become more active in the church...

Was Josh raised LDS? Is his family LDS? Were they married in the temple?

I believe both of his parents were LDS and so the kids were born into an LDS family. The mother is active, but once they got divorced...Steven stopped going. I am not sure if he stopped before the divorce or after, but once he had custody of the kids...he did not take them to church anymore. Josh didn't attend church or activities like scouts at all growing up. I do know that Josh and Susan got married in the temple and he was very active for a while. His inactivity in the church has slowly happened over the last couple years I would say.

Someone wanted a poster/flyer with Josh and Susan on it.

I have one, but it's only 103 X 130; I don't know how to enlarge it without it getting blurry.

I have a new one; 483 X 684

I am slightly disappointed in some of the big media sources. Neither msnbc.com or cnn.com have anything on their main pages about Susan.

In all this media blitz, I hope Josh is shown allot because maybe just maybe someone will remember him from 1 of his ventures last month, camping or the 24 hours with rental!

What media outlets are covering this story? I assume all in the media outlets in Utah, but are any national outlets covering it?

What media outlets are covering this story? I assume all in the media outlets in Utah, but are any national outlets covering it?

Prime News and Issues geared in on it tonight as they didn't cover it last week. The coverage is all the same stuff we have already heard. They did discuss the media blitz and Kiirsi was on the show. She basically said the same thing she said on the Today Show this morning.

I just saw JVM Issues. In the clip of this controlling husband, I noticed him walking and carrying the boy. He makes a horrible ugly angry face while saying something very brief. I could tell that he was talking to someone behind him but not sure if he was directing it towards the other little boy walking or the gray haired lady. I'd hate to be controlled by that ugly face he made. He looks much too skinny and wimpy to have been out lifting logs or doing any major hiking or digging. He could have taken Susan out, drugged and ill, and driven her to some remote area and left her to hypothermia. Maybe someone saw something. The rental car and all the miles is the clue or else he went in the opposite direction to throw LE off.

I am slightly disappointed in some of the big media sources. Neither msnbc.com or cnn.com have anything on their main pages about Susan.

I hate to be logical...but what good would it do really?

Utah is a relatively low population state....this has been all over the media
I don't think Susan is a runaway...she is not hiding out in Hawaii

IMHO national media blitz is needed in cases where there is a clear kidnapping...where the child/person kidnapped has a good chance of being alive

the real truth? the "cases" that could MOST benefit from this are the not so spectacular "custody" cases...usually a non custodial parent won't harm the child (USUALLY)....
and they often run to another state or even cross country (or slide on down to Florida LOL)....

so it makes sense

an example of this : during the heyday of "Natalee Holloway" media blitz, there was a guy who was trying to get his "case" of his 2 year old son attention....taken by his non custodial ex and her new bf....but it was not that "juicy" of a news story

some of us wrote and wrote to Greta, Nancy etc etc...finally Nancy G gave his case about 2 minutes....and the jerk mom who stole the kid went to a pay phone in Texas where she was hiding (he was from east)...and she called LE..
why?? cause she knew once they were on tv that people in the small town they were living in would turn them in...and she didn't want her child/herself to get killed in a police standoff etc

that is the power of the media

I am sorry for Susan's family...but honestly....what will national attention do here??

IMHO the "attention" needs to be in Utah...who saw Josh/van/kids that fateful night?? what about survelience tapes (already erased or?)

more "attention" in Washington state too....public opinion might sway some of the protective relatives....will they wish to be outcasts/pariahs??

There has been a lot of attention already...there are other cases that could benefit from the media spotlight right now....

I hate to be pessimistic...but IMHO "logical" opinion they can 1) attention in Utah..who saw them? more details? get people to speak up etc....2) focus in Washington...3) Susan's family needs a good lawyer....good PI too ??
how about a lawsuit for "child endangerment" to take those babies camping in that cold in the middle of the night?? How about a lawsuit that he is an unfit father?? 4) Pressure on Josh and his family

Meanwhile..just 2 minutes of national exposure can mean a happy ending in a "custodial" case JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv