LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
A shame "dyingtoknowthetruth" didn't stick around - that was the poster whose brother lived in the house behind which LP was discovered and died in a June '99 wreck. She could have told us if it were an '88 Mustang. As it was a fatal accident, maybe the final report was delayed, due to bureaucracy? Maybe Jan. 5, 2000 was the date of the final report. Maybe it was a different accident altogether. But the '88 Mustang is not on the list of BSL's vehicles. It's apparently connected with the Pate case, somehow.

It's possible that the vehicle was IDed in the original news reports, maybe in the Church Point News or the Opelousas Daily World. Maybe archived in the Church Point or Opelousas library.

It was not an '88 Mustang. She Posted on another site it was a 1993 Mitsubishi Diamante.

Have there been any links of news articles regarding the LP case, or is the case too old to find anything about it online?

It was not an '88 Mustang. She Posted on another site it was a 1993 Mitsubishi Diamante.

Thanks. I do wonder if it's possible that the Mustang was involved in the 6/19/99 accident? I wonder if the Diamante just ran off the road, or whether an '88 Mustang was involved.

It's probably a totally separate accident, but not 100% sure. There have been rumors for a long time that BSL was involved in some accident. Maybe the rumors got twisted and it was actually an accident on 1/5/00. Makes me wonder what connection an accident over three months after LP's discovery would have to do with anything.

Have there been any links of news articles regarding the LP case, or is the case too old to find anything about it online?

There may be a Daily Advertiser article - but it likely wouldn't have the detail that a smaller paper would in Crowley, Opelousas or Church Point.

There may be a Daily Advertiser article - but it likely wouldn't have the detail that a smaller paper would in Crowley, Opelousas or Church Point.

I wonder if these smaller papers would have the article online or if it's only available at their libraries

I wonder if these smaller papers would have the article online or if it's only available at their libraries

I did a pretty extensive online search a few weeks ago and came up with only two very brief articles from The Advocate, just blurbs about the body being ID'd. I think you'd have to use the library to find archives from the smaller local papers. The ones that are available online only go back a few years.

This recent article has more information than the old ones I found.

http://www.raynetoday.com/view/full_story/19454037/article-Lavergne-indicted?instance=home_news_lead

Just a thought, since LE basically said she was physically abused, is it possible a tooth of hers was found in his home?

Just a thought, since LE basically said she was physically abused, is it possible a tooth of hers was found in his home?

Maybe they have video from the abduction site and it was physical and violent...

Hey foxfire or aci,

Was that '88 ford mustang in your list of bsl registerwd cars? That part of thread #39 must still be on lockdown.. Would love to see that list again.

tiaz

A.C.I.'s post - bumped

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8204504&postcount=338"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40[/ame]

Here's the list. This is everything that's ever been in his name. I had to remove all the private information of course (plates, vins, social etc)

Description: 2009 Chevrolet Silverado - Crew Pickup
Earliest Registration Date: 6/13/2012

Description: 1991 Dodge Stealth - Hatchback 2 Door
Registration Date: 1/6/2012

Description: White 2011 Chevrolet Silverado - Crew Pickup
Earliest Registration Date: 10/28/2011

Description: 1999 Mitsubishi Galant - Sedan 4 Door
Registration Date: 8/22/2011

Description: 2005 GMC Sierra - 4 Door EXT Cab PK
Registration Date: 12/17/09

Description: White 2009 Suzuki Equator - 4 Door EXT Cab PK
Title Issue Date: 5/28/2009

Description: Silver 2008 GMC Sierra - Crew Pickup
Title Issue Date: 10/31/2008

Description: White 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee - 4 Dr Wagon Sport Utility
Registration Date: 3/28/2011

Description: 1992 Honda Accord - Sedan 4 Door
Registration Date: 8/12/2008

Description: Red 1989 Ford Mustang - Hatchback 2 Door
Title Issue Date: 8/19/2003

Can someone help me with this... Ok, so why is the search warrant for T McG listed in relation to BSL? T was the mother of R McG that fingers were originally pointed at. Why are they contained in this when this is specifically for bsl?

Also, being hit by a truck could be considered "physical abuse..."

Can someone help me with this... Ok, so why is the search warrant for T McG listed in relation to BSL? T was the mother of R McG that fingers were originally pointed at. Why are they contained in this when this is specifically for bsl?

I think they had to list all warrants served not just the ones concerning BSL. It might be just to put on record that they followed all leads and rule out other people before BSL was even a suspect.

I think they had to list all warrants served not just the ones concerning BSL. It might be just to put on record that they followed all leads and rule out other people before BSL was even a suspect.

Yes, that is what I was thinking too.

the house on leger that is there on the google map isn't the same as the one listed on Zillow. Please tell me we don't have another burned down house? The zillow house looks new. There must be more than one house on teh property?? It's 1.5 acres.

A.C.I.'s post - bumped

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

Here's the list. This is everything that's ever been in his name. I had to remove all the private information of course (plates, vins, social etc)

Description: 2009 Chevrolet Silverado - Crew Pickup
Earliest Registration Date: 6/13/2012

Description: 1991 Dodge Stealth - Hatchback 2 Door
Registration Date: 1/6/2012

Description: White 2011 Chevrolet Silverado - Crew Pickup
Earliest Registration Date: 10/28/2011

Description: 1999 Mitsubishi Galant - Sedan 4 Door
Registration Date: 8/22/2011

Description: 2005 GMC Sierra - 4 Door EXT Cab PK
Registration Date: 12/17/09

Description: White 2009 Suzuki Equator - 4 Door EXT Cab PK
Title Issue Date: 5/28/2009

Description: Silver 2008 GMC Sierra - Crew Pickup
Title Issue Date: 10/31/2008

Description: White 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee - 4 Dr Wagon Sport Utility
Registration Date: 3/28/2011

Description: 1992 Honda Accord - Sedan 4 Door
Registration Date: 8/12/2008

Description: Red 1989 Ford Mustang - Hatchback 2 Door
Title Issue Date: 8/19/2003

Maybe the '88 mustang was in his wife's name.They were still married in Jan 2000. I know they were extranged but he could have been driving a car that was registered to her.

the house on leger that is there on the google map isn't the same as the one listed on Zillow. Please tell me we don't have another burned down house? The zillow house looks new. There must be more than one house on teh property?? It's 1.5 acres.

Looks to me like there are 2 or 3 houses there on the google map

Holocost victims were not abused by the ones they trusted to keep them safe. Abuse by a parent is so much more powerful than general abuse.

My own personal opinion is that some people are born to "land on their feet" no matter what happens. They rebound and deal with negative occurrences, and always manage to hit the ground running toward a positive goal. Others have not been blessed with a personality that recovers easily.....one damaging event becomes a life twisting moment....instead of life defining. Those who are severely damaged can grow to severely damage others.

I don't know anything about Brandon's childhood. I don't know if he was abused or not. I feel for those who have been irreparably damaged, but that doesn't mean that it is ok for them to renew the cycle and bring fresh pain to others.

I do, and this is my opinion, believe past abuse is pertinent in the penalty phase.

BBM

Well abuse or no abuse no matter how awful, they CANNOT let him out on the streets EVER again. I'm not saying that you feel as though they should.

He HAS to get life in prison in order to protect society from him. It does sadden me that he was abused, but he's a killer and the penalty needs to be in accordance with the fact that he's a killer.

Maybe the '88 mustang was in his wife's name.They were still married in Jan 2000. I know they were extranged but he could have been driving a car that was registered to her.

Or maybe it was an '89 mustang instead of an '88

A shame "dyingtoknowthetruth" didn't stick around - that was the poster whose brother lived in the house behind which LP was discovered and died in a June '99 wreck. She could have told us if it were an '88 Mustang. As it was a fatal accident, maybe the final report was delayed, due to bureaucracy? Maybe Jan. 5, 2000 was the date of the final report. Maybe it was a different accident altogether. But the '88 Mustang is not on the list of BSL's vehicles. It's apparently connected with the Pate case, somehow.

It's possible that the vehicle was IDed in the original news reports, maybe in the Church Point News or the Opelousas Daily World. Maybe archived in the Church Point or Opelousas library.

Dyingtoknows brother and the claire were in a mitsubishi diamante. Dyingtoknow stated this.

Sorry just saw this was posted by someone else
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members