Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mjak...I'm so glad you said this. I don't really think the parents did anything to Maddie, but the longer this drags on with no resolution I can't help but wonder about Gerry and Kate McCann.

I noticed on the Madeleine website that the parents have an entire schedule of how they are spending their days, typed out. Why? How is it that they have the time, presence of mind, or interest in writing something like this out? If I were in their shoes, I'd be unable to think straight, much less care about the world knowing everything I'm doing at every hour of the day, in the midst of such hell. Maybe it's in response to all the criticism they've received about leaving the kids alone that night, but it just seems weird and out of place to me.

Just my .02.

I was ducking because I was sure my post would end up insighting anger in people and they would be bashing me. I don't really believe the parents are involved but based on the unbelivability of there actions I feel they should not be written off as innocents.

mjak

Thanks. I can put up with discussion, but I will not, nor will I allow anyone else here to be attacked like that. When it comes to children and their safety I have no sympathy for parents who put their needs first.
Jeana You are really special. You are kind, diplomatic & firm. You remind me of my House Mistress in boarding school. Very loving , witty & understanding...but no excuses is you forgot the rules.
As far as children are concerned I remember walking on the beach with my three year old son on a holiday w/e. He stopped to pick up a shell & got turned around in the busy maze of feet. I got my Dad & went in opposite directions asking everyone if they had seen a little boy in red swim trunks. Soon a young man told me he had seen a lil kid crying & going in the opposite direction. We found him within 5mins picked him up hugged him to death & went back to the rest of the group. My Dad who looked as scared as he could be said " Good quick thinking ,you are a good parent" But if we hadn't found him really quickly he probably may have drowned! I still get goosebumps thinking about it. You need mins. or secs. NOT hrs. Sorry OT but you are right! & thanks.

Mjak...I'm so glad you said this. I don't really think the parents did anything to Maddie, but the longer this drags on with no resolution I can't help but wonder about Gerry and Kate McCann.

I noticed on the Madeleine website that the parents have an entire schedule of how they are spending their days, typed out. Why? How is it that they have the time, presence of mind, or interest in writing something like this out? If I were in their shoes, I'd be unable to think straight, much less care about the world knowing everything I'm doing at every hour of the day, in the midst of such hell. Maybe it's in response to all the criticism they've received about leaving the kids alone that night, but it just seems weird and out of place to me.

Just my .02.
If I were them, I would also be quite concerned about the safety of my other children and would not endanger them by letting the world know our every move!

I was ducking because I was sure my post would end up insighting anger in people and they would be bashing me. I don't really believe the parents are involved but based on the unbelivability of there actions I feel they should not be written off as innocents.

mjak

No, you're right. Their actions led to this situation, so I think they bear watching, as well as deserve sympathy....but I find their "daily schedule" just plain weird. My husband said he thinks they are "getting into being in the limelight", so to speak...

Just my .02.

I really think the parents were very naive, educated does not make someone sharp it only makes them book wise. NOT mindful.
I said on another post here that I have very educated relatives whom I used to fight with regularly when they came to the US and did the same thing; they do not do it anymore to my knowledge. They wanted to teach their kids to be free not fearful. It drove me nuts, and I fought till I won.
As for the schedule I GUESS it could be two fold they probably need it to know what to do next, because their minds must be in a maze. Or they often work with a schedule also known as Anal Retentive. Why on a web site??? Scary Dumb.

Again. Keeping on blaming these poor people is not bringing that beautiful little girl home.

I read that now the police are checking for guest photos that may have some suspects in the background. NOW? This happened 2 weeks ago, most of those guests are long gone. I am afraid for her, especially since it is said that two weeks prior there was another attempt to snatch a child.
There must be someone out there that knows the area, the premises and how to get around. I wonder what kind of photos they can get from surveillance cameras; I have not heard anything about that at all.

I really think the parents were very naive, educated does not make someone sharp it only makes them book wise. NOT mindful.
I said on another post here that I have very educated relatives whom I used to fight with regularly when they came to the US and did the same thing; they do not do it anymore to my knowledge. They wanted to teach their kids to be free not fearful. It drove me nuts, and I fought till I won.
As for the schedule I GUESS it could be two fold they probably need it to know what to do next, because their minds must be in a maze. Or they often work with a schedule also known as Anal Retentive. Why on a web site??? Scary Dumb.

Again. Keeping on blaming these poor people is not bringing that beautiful little girl home.

I read that now the police are checking for guest photos that may have some suspects in the background. NOW? This happened 2 weeks ago, most of those guests are long gone. I am afraid for her, especially since it is said that two weeks prior there was another attempt to snatch a child.
There must be someone out there that knows the area, the premises and how to get around. I wonder what kind of photos they can get from surveillance cameras; I have not heard anything about that at all.

I am not blaming the parents at all. As far as I know they are innocent. what I am saying is I believe they need to be kept under an umbrella of suspicion due to the questionable behavior they describe at the time their child went missing. They maybe Nieve but their life cirumstances as portrayed by the media does not lend its self to a picture of Nievite. If this couple were living in some remote island somewhere with a population of 50 and no crime its concievable to me their actions might just represent there cultural norms. However, this is not the case of this couple. They are both in a profession that has involved them seeing the vonerability of the human being in many areas. They know the fragility of life and the dangers of the world. They know better then to leave babies alone. People often do stupid things that they no better then to do and that might very well be the case here. However, it can not be overlooked that this behaior is judgmental poor at best and reckless at work and there is every reason to believe these parents new better. They do have my sympathies but just they same I have to hold on to suspicon about them.

mjak

I am not blaming the parents at all. As far as I know they are innocent. what I am saying is I believe they need to be kept under an umbrella of suspicion due to the questionable behavior they describe at the time their child went missing. They maybe Nieve but their life cirumstances as portrayed by the media does not lend its self to a picture of Nievite. If this couple were living in some remote island somewhere with a population of 50 and no crime its concievable to me their actions might just represent there cultural norms. However, this is not the case of this couple. They are both in a profession that has involved them seeing the vonerability of the human being in many areas. They know the fragility of life and the dangers of the world. They know better then to leave babies alone. People often do stupid things that they no better then to do and that might very well be the case here. However, it can not be overlooked that this behaior is judgmental poor at best and reckless at work and there is every reason to believe these parents new better. They do have my sympathies but just they same I have to hold on to suspicon about them.

mjak
Mjak; I would have never done that not even when mine was born 40 years ago, when the world was a different place to raise children. Nor do I understand people doing that.
What I said about my relatives whom I fought with because they did the same thing, THEY ARE DIPLOMATS not from a small island but in a city. Naiveté does not only grow in Islands, HONEST.
I feel for them and I am sorry they have to learn to be mindfull from such tragedy.
Frankly I'd like to see the police do better.

The only reason I can see for their schedule to be posted is a calculated attempt by someone acting as their PR Rep to try to repair their reputation to the public by showing them as "responsible" parents. If you notice, it is all about how well they are taking care of their other children and all the "normal" activities they are involved in with them while still helping with the investigation. Even the photos suggest to me this is definitely a public relations ploy. I say too little too late, but I honestly believe it is their feeble attempt to change public opinion to try to possibly avoid charges in the future or use in their defense.

You could be right SS.....but as you said too little too late:(

Just my .02.

I agree. I'm not saying the parents are not suffering, but they do seem to have it together. Maybe it's a defense mechanism and a way of coping because the alternative would be to crawl into bed and never want to come out. Keeping busy might be all they can do to not think about where Maddie is or what is happening or did happen to her. Someone had posted a while back that they don't understand why this family would give a blow by blow of their day and not have even a slight worry that they would be putting their other 2 children in jeopardy. I would be FOREVER paranoid. Prayers for Maddie.

I'm just hoping there IS a method to this madness, from the law enforcement standpoint. Are they trying to draw someone out? Is it the parents they are drawing out? The little twins are probably safer now than they have ever been, from a supervision standpoint.

I agree, this more than likely would not have happend if the children were not left alone. However, I think that point has been established, and people need to focus on the fact that a little girl is missing. She is either very scarred right now or worse, and even though I do not support the parents actions what's done is done. Stop bashing the fact they left the children, and start worrying about where this girl is. One more fact, I hate to think about is I read the father checked in on the children at 9:30 and she was gone when the mom looked in on them at 10:00. I hate to say it, but could the father be involved in this? Could he have done something to her, and gotten rid of the body? Or even worse, could he be involved in some type of pedo ring? I know many won't like that idea, but has he been looked at? When ever a child goes missing under mysterious circumstances I always look at the parents. Yet, for some reason that's not happening here. I bet if the wife ws the one missing every one would be all over the husband. Why does it seem everyone is just taking his word? Just my thoughts.
Totally agree that both parents need to be checked out, but it was said in an earlier thread that neither of the parents checked or left the restaurant while they were having dinner. The children were not checked on by their parents. Why.

Does anyone know where the family is now? are they back in the UK?
The latest that I had heard was the father had gone back to the UK and the mother is still in Portugal, how that is going to help little Maddie or the rest of the family I dont know, if my child went missing I would need my husband by my side.

WOW!!! This is a good reason why every Hotel in the world should have a big sign that says:
"DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CHILDREN UNATENDED FOR ANY REASON, WE HAVE QUALIFIED BABYSITERS".
Maybe some people come from areas where leaving their children when they are asleep is safe, Maybe some people are very naïve.
Right now we must pray for this beautiful 4 year old little girl to come home safely.
You shouldnt need a sign anywhere stating 'DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CHILDREN UNATTENDED FOR ANY REASON" its commonsense not to leave your children.
I hope and pray they find Madelaine safe and sound but as this goes on the odds are not in our favour for her safe return.

Jeana You are really special. You are kind, diplomatic & firm. You remind me of my House Mistress in boarding school. Very loving , witty & understanding...but no excuses is you forgot the rules.
As far as children are concerned I remember walking on the beach with my three year old son on a holiday w/e. He stopped to pick up a shell & got turned around in the busy maze of feet. I got my Dad & went in opposite directions asking everyone if they had seen a little boy in red swim trunks. Soon a young man told me he had seen a lil kid crying & going in the opposite direction. We found him within 5mins picked him up hugged him to death & went back to the rest of the group. My Dad who looked as scared as he could be said " Good quick thinking ,you are a good parent" But if we hadn't found him really quickly he probably may have drowned! I still get goosebumps thinking about it. You need mins. or secs. NOT hrs. Sorry OT but you are right! & thanks.

Thank you very much for the kind words!!!!!!! WE are the only line of defense when it comes to our children and I take that role very seriously!!!!!

I am so sorry Jeana, Wow....that is a hard one. A huge hug for you and your Mom (((((((((((HUG)))))))))) and I think that when people travel they are not in their usual environment and should take a baby sitter no mater what. I do not think they should leave them in any place but especially when they are not in their own environment.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!! I can't imagine how out of place and scared these babies were.

I think Jeana has suffered a huge loss and does not want to see that happen to anyone else. People who have such a horrid experience are overprotective sometimes.
I do think Jeana is right, while these people may be used to feeling safe with a half hour check in within their environment, they should have taken a baby sitter while they are in another environment no matter what.
However I am sure these people were just naive not careless.

I don't think that in their wildest dreams something like this could have happened and I do feel horrible for them.

Thank you very much for the kind words!!!!!!! WE are the only line of defense when it comes to our children and I take that role very seriously!!!!!
Never a truer word spoken Jeana (DP) and I take it very seriously also.:clap:
Cheers to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads