Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Dear Websleuths Posters,

Carol Espy of KDKA LOVES Websleuths. She loves us so much that I am going to be on her show on a regular basis.

Because of a cancellation I have been asked to appear again this month. The schedule is as follows:

Saturday August 16th, 10:00 PM Eastern, 7:00 PM Pacific

Saturday September 20th, 10:00 PM Eastern, 7:00 PM Pacific

You can listen on-line by going to:

www.kdkaradio.com

Click on the "listen" box and you are all set

If you want to call in and ask a question the number is 412-333 KDKA

Or you can send a question by going to www.kdkaradio.com and click on the instant access link.

We are going to talk about everything true crime and forum related. It is going to be a BLAST. Please listen and feel free to call in. We have a great time.

Thanks Tricia and this is really good news !

I will be listening and if you need updates - let us know - we can handle it !

Hey RaisinCharlie,

Yes, I will be needing your help for updates. A few hours before the show on Saturday I will check in and see what new info there is. That way it is as fresh as it can be.

Thanks everyone for your help and thanks RaisinCharlie for letting me call you "bubba the serial killer on death row." Most people get really upset when I call them that. :)

Hey RaisinCharlie,

Yes, I will be needing your help for updates. A few hours before the show on Saturday I will check in and see what new info there is. That way it is as fresh as it can be.

Thanks everyone for your help and thanks RaisinCharlie for letting me call you "bubba the serial killer on death row." Most people get really upset when I call them that. :)

No problem at all Tricia - had me laughing pretty hard and I had to clean some soda off my monitor...:blowkiss:

Tricia - will do you an update on the Cooper case - in the morning but will get it done for you !

Tricia - will do you an update on the Cooper case - in the morning but will get it done for you !

Thank you so much. You all make my job so easy!:blowkiss:

Since the August 2 interview and discussion you had with Ms. Espy there have been no "official" developments, those reported by LE. LE has not provided any further press conferences or updates.

New items learned:

There have been three confirmed search warrants - all of these warrants have been sealed per court order to protect the integrity of the investigation. Warrants issued

The residence on 16 July

Cisco Systems - specifically Office 7 A in Building 9 - Brad's office -21 July

Undisclosed location - 25 July

The warrant for the residence was known. The other two were reported by Ed Crump of ABC 11 in Raleigh. This resulted in Capitol Broadcasting, owners of the News Observer and WRAL to file a motion with the court to unseal the warrants under public right to know statutes. A hearing was held with Judge Stevens - the DA reiterated the need to avoid hindering the investigation. Lawyers for Capitol Broadcasting argued the issues of the public right to know but conceeded some parts of the warrants could remain sealed but other parts perhaps should be opened. Capitol Broadcasting also argued this was becoming a pattern and this posed several issues with respect to freedom of information and the public right to know. Judge Stevens agreed with the DA and ordered the warrants to remain sealed. He also denied this was a pattern to be concerned about.

A note : sealing does seam to be an issue even though Judge Stevens denied it -for example warrants in the Michelle Young case for example have been sealed for up to one year - some for 180 days with motions to re-seal again. Recently a 10 day seal was added to warrants previously sealed in February of 2008. This investigation is nearing 2 years in duration with no resolution in sight - no POI or suspect named and no information from LE regarding the status of the investigation. BOOOOOO HISSSSSS

An affidavit from the elusive Carey Clark was released on 6 August. It was very short and addressed only the following:

"I did not go running with Nancy on July the 12th. I had no plans to go running with Nancy on July 12th" - paraphrasing a bit but this is all she had to say.

On Friday the 15th of August - Judge Stevens motioned the court to extend the seal on the warrant for the residence as it was due to expire on 16 August and neither he nor the lawyers representing Capitol Broadcasting could make an appearance on Friday - the warrant was resealed until Monday the 18th. In response the DA has motioned to keep the search warrant sealed to protect the integrity of the investigation and the rights of an as yet unarrested person to a fair trial. The hearing will be on Monday the 19th at 2:30 pm.

Also on the 15th of August Chief Bazemore of Cary PD is quoted as saying that Cary PD is making good progress on the case and there has been a tireless and professional investigation undertaken and ongoing. No other info from her than that.

The Rentz's have also made a motion to the court to request a psychiatric evalution of Brad Cooper in a time frame which will allow the results of the evaluation to be heard during the October hearing regarding custody of the children. A hearing to plead this motion is set for September 22.

These are the only confirmed items we have since your last air time.

From the sleuthers - we have found very little new to actually discuss

Jessica Adam, in addition to her residence, purchased a condo just over a year ago and in the general area. Much speculation about if the painting was to be done at Jessica's house or the condo. Speculation that perhaps Nancy was preparing to move out of the Wallsburg Ct house, possibly to this condo. Speculated that this may have been a planned move that was finalized while Nancy was on vacation with her folks the week before her death. Jessica Adam reported Nancy was to help her paint and she was to help Nancy organize on the day Nancy went missing - what ever that may mean.

We have found out there is a hospital that Brad could have stopped at on his drive to Carey's house, it is within one half mile - Brad did not report that he contacted any medical facilities while searching for Nancy. Jessica Adams did however contact Wake Med prior to making the 911 call.

Lots of discussion about Lifetime Fitness and why Brad would go there to look for Nancy. He reported she went running with only a stick of gum - no phone, no id. To enter Lifetime Fitness one must present a memebrship card to an attendent. The attendent then swipes the card through a computerized reader which then reveals to the attendant a photograph of the card owner and their membership information. To enter the club all persons must undergo this scan, this also includes employees of the club. Brad reported going to Lifetime to look for Nancy, however, by his own admission there was little to no chance Nancy could have accessed the club as she took nothing with her when she ran. Why go to Lifetime we are asking.

These are the highlights to date from the last talk - perhaps others will look and add to this to assist you.

Following the comment on KDKA about the VIC transactions..
August 7, 2008. Per News & Observer.

In other developments, Bradley Cooper's attorneys Wednesday August 6th filed subpoenas for records from Harris Teeter and Time Warner Cable

Suspicion that Brad Cooper is reading WS....
1-Comment made on WS about his blinds upstairs being opened on the top half and closed on the bottom half, got shut following post.
2-Comment made about his staircase window blind being raised about 1 foot since now is pulled down.
3-Comment made about his license tag bolt missing or broken on his license tag which caused it to hang about 2" lower on 1 side, has been fixed
4-Comment about not leaving any flowers at NC final resting spot besides an urn, 2 days later fresh white flowers with a white satin ribbon tied with a bow now rests there.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU...TAKE A BOW:clap::clap::clap:

You guys are the best. This helps so much I can't even tell you.

To think..buba the serial killer could be such a helpful person. LOL..

Guys, during the interview I'll check this thread. If I get something wrong or you want me to mention something put it here. Or I may ask you all a question or two over the air. Just put it all on this thread.
Thanks again,
Tricia

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU...TAKE A BOW:clap::clap::clap:

You guys are the best. This helps so much I can't even tell you.

To think..buba the serial killer could be such a helpful person. LOL..

Guys, during the interview I'll check this thread. If I get something wrong or you want me to mention something put it here. Or I may ask you all a question or two over the air. Just put it all on this thread.
Thanks again,
Tricia

Tricia - one correction - the hospital is not on the way to Carey's but is within one half mile of it. I will correct this in the post above - okay ?

No problem my dear. Thank you.

Don't forget I will check this thread for any other questions about anything to do with WS.

No problem my dear. Thank you.

Don't forget I will check this thread for any other questions about anything to do with WS.

Tricia someone today did ask in the Nancy Cooper thread about LE and who else might follow the boards - you might want to touch on this subject as I know they do but am not sure I know enough to have even a clue of how much they might. If you know that is :D

LOL. I had NO IDEA Christine was going to call. She is FANTASTIC!!

Could you touch on the murder of the two girls (Skyla Whitacker and Taylor Placker-Paschal) from Weleetka, OK? It seems this is getting no play locally or nationally. We are begging for some coverage!

Little or no information is coming from OSBI right now besides the autopsy results which showed Skyla was shot 8 times and Taylor shot 5 times all from the front with 2 different weapons (both used on both girls).
They do have a sketch out of a Native American with hair to the small of his back about 6 ft tall driving a white ford or chevy pickup truck. He has been named a person of interest in the case.

Wow! Tricia,
You're going to end up a weekly guest before you know it! :)

LOL I think she already is now, Fran! She is on next week, too! (Didn't I just read that?!) :) WTG, Carol!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni