5-9-12 Steven Powell Trial *GUILTY!!!* 6-15-12 SENTENCING HEARING

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sentence is way to light in moo...

He will never talk about what he knows about Susan and will probably kill himself the first chance he gets considering all the civil lawsuits piling up on him.....

I suspect SP is old enough to start getting social security, plus being a state employee he may well be eligible to start receiving his pension. The one brother no doubt gets disability as well. Those could be the sources of income. Plus JP left some cash for AP and that could be helping too.

I sure hope they do not end up getting all that life insurance money for Susan and the boys!

Is the cost of living so low there that SS and Disability can sustain them?

I think SP is only 62 or somewhere around that age. Can he take Social Security at that age? As far as his state pension goes, I think he would probably only be able to get whatever percentage he had put in rather than full retirement benefits. I can only speak to what would happen in my state, though. He did not work to full retirement, IMO.

SP's blood DNA will be taken because he is now convicted of a crime higher than a misdemeanor and it will be in the national data base. If he is ever arrested again for anything after serving his time, there will be a 'hit' in AFIS and NCIC, and his record will pop up. Blood DNA will be taken and submitted to the State Police Crime Lab for processing and entering into the database.

Isn' t he a convicted Sex Offender now??

This is way too light a sentence.

MOO's

Ann Bremner represents the two girls. You can read a timeline of events here. This was yesterday right before the trial started.

UPDATE 1:37 pm PST: Anne Bremner, the lawyer for the voyeurism victims, walked back into the jury room and served Steven Powell with a lawsuit on behalf of the teenage girls.

“I said, ‘Here,’ ” she said.

The lawsuit is for wrongful acts, outrage, invasion of privacy, among other claims.

http://fox13now.com/2012/06/15/sentencing-today-for-steven-powell/

At 7:04 pm it talks about the Cox's and their plans to sue WVC & possibly SP on Susan's behalf.

Reporting that the girl's will probably go after his house. I hope they get it..not only for what they and their family went thru, but Susan and the other nameless victims he pursued.

It will be interesting to see what Alina and her brother will do now. Why keep paying on the house if they will eventually lose it thru the suit. I don't know if they would be able to sell it with SP's blessing or not....or how the suit can effect that. How much turmoil and hurt SP has caused. JMO

I hate to say it, but with the spite JP showed, I doubt there will be assets to be seized. SP will probably find some tricky Dick attorney to put it into a blind trust for Susan "when she returns" or he'll do some kind of shenanigans with Alina and Michael as legal owners.....something.

I hate to say it, but with the spite JP showed, I doubt there will be assets to be seized. SP will probably find some tricky Dick attorney to put it into a blind trust for Susan "when she returns" or he'll do some kind of shenanigans with Alina and Michael as legal owners.....something.

I believe most courts won't let defendants get away with shenanigans like that. I seem to recall a divorce case where the husband put everything he owned into his brother's name just before asking for a divorce and all of the moves of ownership were shot down and the wife still got half of everything. IIRC, it did slow the divorce proceedings a lot while that was sorted out. JMO

I hate to point this out, but JP did, in fact, succeed in taking everything from the Coxes. No court was able to prevent him. Sick people, sitting and scheming, find all kinds of sick ways to do things. I would be suing him, but I think SP has had a lifetime of scheming and isn't about to give up his entire reason for living (deviant sex) now. Not with a mere few months' sentence. That's a vacation, not a sentence.

The apple does not fall far from the tree. Father like son.

This is all my opinion,

I don't think he will ever go through any sexual therapy, I don't think he will be an ideal prisoner. He can't even play the game. There's no way he can successfully complete those 36 mos of probation.

I just want him to go to a real prison for a while. I bet he'd lose that smug look fast.

Thank goodness this happened in Washington because that's exactly why he was arrested and why he got the sentence he did.

He was arrested on September 23rd, 2011.
So he has almost nine months of the the thirty month sentence completed at this point.
I am looking to see if he is eligibe for any gain time, credit for good behavior while serving his time etc....

To me it also seemed like SP's charges haven't been seen in too many courts. Did they just present Washington cases at the trial? I guess I need to get the names of the cases they mentioned & check.

Paraphilias and Voyeurism is explained at this link.

I guess they can be trained to resist the feeling of wanting to do this type stuff, learn to avoid it, to know the triggers etc.. and if they give meds, it would be to lower their testosterome levels. Interesting how it almost gives you the answer in it to why SP is so f'd up. Bad unstable childhood. He had that but almost sang praises to it on his blog. Or that's when he cracked?

http://www.psychologistanywhereanytime.com/sexual_problems_pyschologist/psychologist_voyeurism.htm

Another article I read said 20% that are diagnosed do esculate to more serious crimes of rape or assault (need to find that one). Heck, how can you catch such a sneaky perv & base a percentage on it, they hide like whimps, sneak around & enjoy knowing they are one too? Scary to think so many more are just lurking somedays.

Ugh ... I think Mr. Creepy Dude was just sneaky enough to not get caught in an act that landed him in prison for a long time. Else, he has fended off worse criminal activity by satiating himself with the garbage we've seen. Obviously he was trying to escalate his relationship with Susan by filming himself (ejaculating, wasn't it?) over her pics - getting as close as he could because he couldn't get her to have sex with him and have control over her. Has anyone ever seen another case where someone did this?

I've never heard of a pervert who only films children forever. Maybe it happens. Philip Garrido and his wife were doing this in parks and stores and such, but he had already conducted heinous acts on at least one child and other women. And, I'm not buying some compulsion to film children naked or partially undressed or even bending over showing their underpants as any kind of voyeurism or paraphilia that leads no further. It's a prelude or an afterlude.

I hope the Coxes move out of the area. I could see SP trying to kill them when he's out. JMO

I hope the Coxes move out of the area. I could see SP trying to kill them when he's out. JMO

I really agree with you on this. Scum bags with this kind of narcissistic pathology tend to hold grudges forever and being publicly humiliated is one of their WORST injuries. I'm betting that SP somehow in his own twisted mind is thinking this is all the COX's fault. Sick sick sick

Man shouldn't be running around lose. IMO

This is all my opinion,

I don't think he will ever go through any sexual therapy, I don't think he will be an ideal prisoner. He can't even play the game. There's no way he can successfully complete those 36 mos of probation.

I just want him to go to a real prison for a while. I bet he'd lose that smug look fast.

Thank goodness this happened in Washington because that's exactly why he was arrested and why he got the sentence he did.

Jesse Timmendequas murdered Megan Kanka, the girl that Megan's Law is named for; he had been convicted twice of sex crimes before he murdered sweet Megan. While in prison he did not cooperate with sex offender treatment. Your post reminded me of Megan's case and JT refusing to go through treatment..

In 1981, Timmendequas pleaded guilty in regards to the assault of a seven-year-old girl, and was imprisoned at the Adult Diagnostic & Treatment Center (ADTC) in Avenel, New Jersey for six years.[1]

Timmendequas reportedly participated little in the treatment program offered at the ADTC. He was described by one therapist who treated him at the facility as a "whiner" who spent most of his time sleeping. Another therapist stated that she had believed that Timmendequas would eventually commit another sex crime (although she did not believe he would commit murder)

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Megan_Kanka"]Murder of Megan Kanka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

He was arrested on September 23rd, 2011.
So he has almost nine months of the the thirty month sentence completed at this point.
I am looking to see if he is eligibe for any gain time, credit for good behavior while serving his time etc....

If the jail he was waiting in was local, it might have been comfy for him. I'd like to see him do hard time in a real prison. He wouldn't have many friends
there, I don't believe, but there might be alot of similar types that could make him very afraid.

I only wish him lots of uncomfort.

If the jail he was waiting in was local, it might have been comfy for him. I'd like to see him do hard time in a real prison. He wouldn't have many friends
there, I don't believe, but there might be alot of similar types that could make him very afraid.

I only wish him lots of uncomfort.

Is there a prison especially for sex offenders in Washington State?

Is there a prison especially for sex offenders in Washington State?

There are two main one on this side of the mountains. Neither particularly comfy but not terrifying like some of the other states. Monroe is filled with sex offenses, but at the time my closest friend had a brother in there for repeated attempted rapes and attempted kidnappings he was allowed family visits, including minor children, allowed to marry a woman he met while on the inside, and allowed OVERNIGHT Conjugal Visits. Kid you not. Don't know if it has changed but it was not long ago.

We have another facility on this side for hardcore sex offenders who agree to participate in treatment. Our treatment has been criticized many times. Learning empathy is considered a key role. They take a convict who has a victim totally different than yours and a different MO (IE it isn't a sexual fantasy to the man playing the attacker)....But this chosen convict is given the details of the sex offender that is being taught what his victim felt, he is given the details of the attach what he said, what he did, how badly he hurt them. And then they role play it with the offender as the victim of his own attack style and words.

This is one of many things they do to try to get thru. It was harsh to watch. Many of the role played victims sobbed and sobbed begged for mercy. The attacker in the role play had earned his way in therapy to play that role and it had to be unlike his own behavior.

Tons of therapy, family therapy if available, etc....

We spend tons of money and do some cutting edge therapies and our repeat after release are just as bad as everyone elses. A handful after this therapy say they know they are broken, know they will reoffend, and ask to stay. That is as close to success as I have seen.

We have four or five that completed every day of their sentence and the board said, we are confident you will rape again, you aren't going anywhere. Held with no sentence and no date of release. The Supreme Crts go crazy, but we are doing it. At least for now

Rec'd this email from Vinelink. He's with the big boys now.

6/19/2012

This e-mail is to inform you that STEVEN POWELL has been transferred from the Pierce County Corrections as of 6/19/2012. As a result, you will no longer receive notifications concerning this offender under your current registration with SAVIN. You can re-register by visiting www.vinelink.com or by calling the Washington State SAVIN line at 1-877-846-3492. You will need to search for the offender by name.

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/siteInfoAction.do?siteId=48626

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member