State v Bradley Cooper 3-21-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
BC didn't refuse to answer questions. He refused to ride in a police car to the station. Given the media attention, can you blame him for that?

BC didn't refuse to answer questions. He refused to ride in a police car to the station. Given the media attention, can you blame him for that?
Yep. His WIFE was MISSING.

At this point Nancy was still 'missing.' If I were the spouse and in a position to help in any way (including riding in the front seat of a police car) I wouldn't hesitate to do so. I certainly wouldn't be worried about how things looked to bystanders or the media. I would be focused on finding the spouse and other parent of my children. WHY WAS BRAD WORRIED about how things would look to anyone wrt riding in a police car?

I can. His wife was missing. At that point there was no crime. My first thought if I witnessed him riding in the police car is that they found something and wanted him to go to the station to identify it. His reaction indicated that he knew before she was found that she had been killed.

Hi all! My first post but I've been following along on here since the case happened.

To respond to the post about who would want to drive in a patrol car; if my husband had gone missing while out running, you can bet your bootie I'd be driving with the police car helping in the search. I wouldn't care what it looked like because I would be focused on finding my husband.

WHY would it even enter his mind about being CHARGED with anything at that point?

When Mark Klaas (father of Polly Klaas) was being investigated into the disappearance and death of his daughter, he did everything to help police. He went with them to the station, he offered to take a LDT, he hid nothing. He didn't care what it 'looked' like to bystanders...he wanted the police to find whoever did this crime and he understood he had to cooperate and get his name off the list of possible perps for police to focus elsewhere.

Yes! I would have ridden with LE anywhere they wanted me to if my husband were missing.

Hi all! My first post but I've been following along on here since the case happened.

Welcome CaryCanuck! Do you (being from the land of Canadia) remove your shoes before entering your home? I understand this is the province of Canadians (per H Kurtz opening statements). :wink:

I can. His wife was missing. At that point there was no crime. My first thought if I witnessed him riding in the police car is that they found something and wanted him to go to the station to identify it. His reaction indicated that he knew before she was found that she had been killed.

I hope I'm doing this 'quote' thing right. Exactly, if he didn't already know she was dead, why would he care how anything 'looked' to others. He is supposed to be operating on the idea 'nancy is alive and injured perhaps'. Not that 'someone killed my wife' IMO.

To respond to the post about who would want to drive in a patrol car; if my husband had gone missing while out running, you can bet your bootie I'd be driving with the police car helping in the search. I wouldn't care what it looked like because I would be focused on finding my husband.
Welcome to WS. :)

Surely you're not serious. If I were missing, I feel VERY confident my husband would have went with anybody anywhere in any vehicle to provide whatever assistance, answer any questions he could offer to help FIND me. Most people with a missing loved one really don't care too much what a camera or media person might be recording. If you're guilty of something, then maybe so. Another instance of Scott Peterson flares up here - didn't want the media cameras on him. Stayed low and out of sight - pulled that ball cap down over his guilty pointed head.

I think most people's perspective would be a husband with a missing wife is going with the police to give information that might just shed some light on where his wife might be.

The quote, "Those with nothing to hide, hide nothing," comes to mind when I hear of BC refusing to do something that anyone else wouldn't likely hesitate to do.

I hope I'm doing this 'quote' thing right. Exactly, if he didn't already know she was dead, why would he care how anything 'looked' to others. He is supposed to be operating on the idea 'nancy is alive and injured perhaps'. Not that 'someone killed my wife' IMO.

Based on the state of their marriage I would think his first thought would be she's run off with some other guy, she's at a friends house hiding out, she has gone to some agency to try and find an out to get back to Canada, she's gone to some battered woman's shelter to try and establish a case against him so she would get more in a divorce.... Lots of stuff before I would go with, "obviously she's been randomly attacked and killed on a Saturday morning while out for a jog."

Surely you're not serious. If I were missing, I feel VERY confident my husband would have went with anybody anywhere in any vehicle to provide whatever assistance, answer any questions he could offer to help FIND me. Most people with a missing loved one really don't care too much what a camera or media person might be recording. If you're guilty of something, then maybe so. Another instance of Scott Peterson flares up here - didn't want the media cameras on him. Stayed low and out of sight - pulled that ball cap down over his guilty pointed head.

I think most people's perspective would be a husband with a missing wife is going with the police to give information that might just shed some light on where his wife might be.

Again, he wasn't refusing to answer questions. How hard is that to understand?

he wasn't refusing to answer questions.
Here's where the WHOLE picture concept applies. The officer testified that he <Brad> stated he wouldn't ride in the police car because he wasn't being charged with anything. IMO. big ol' COG slip up.

Again, he wasn't refusing to answer questions. How hard is that to understand?

Well, answer the question in the police car, on top of the police car, at the jail, under the jail, where ever they are asked of you.

Welcome CaryCanuck! Do you (being from the land of Canadia) remove your shoes before entering your home? I understand this is the province of Canadians (per H Kurtz opening statements). :wink:

I do not! I learned that, for six months of the year, taking off my shoes would result in frozen toes!! :D

I take my shoes off upon entering my home, but I'm not from the land of Canadia. Will this shoe removal habit provide me with dual citizenship as a result?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong