WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
this whole case is a big convoluted mess imhoo. Where IS this baby? The mom needs to step up and take down the wall she has put up...

jmhoo

When I read the using drugs to get them to sleep I immediately thought of melatonin given her homeopathic leanings. I've used it myself and have given it to my husband to help him adjust to the night shift.

While I don't give them to my children because there are very few studies regarding safety and dosage. I know several mom's (great mom's if I had to class them) that give their children melatonin to help them sleep. One I know even crushes the pills and uses those little chocolate molds to make them their "night time" meds. (her son has ADHD and this was approved by her ped).

Perhaps that is what he meant?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2008-03-02-kids-melatonin_N.htm

I formerly used Valerian.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/870.html

Warm up the defense engines. A commenter here just gave the mom something to use in court. "2 gallons is what most gas cans hold, someone could have put gas in her tank".

Hopefully it was a locking gas cap. Eventually her excuses will be bad enough, she doesn't need help.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/133630498.html

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

this whole case is a big convoluted mess imhoo. Where IS this baby? The mom needs to step up and take down the wall she has put up...
jmhoo

BBM. I think the outcome depends on what kind of attorney the new guy is. He could encourage her to come clean and lead LE to Sky (especially if something happened when mom wasn't quite in her right mind) or he could tell her to remain silent forever, hide behind him, and let the case go unsolved. The second option is the most chosen lately, it seems, but the first is still possible here, I think.

It will be interesting to see what occurs with moms level of cooperation with this new criminal atty.

jmo

He's been around since Tuesday and she's still talking through her family lawyer? If anything, I would think she would become more "frustrating" for LE. ?

Warm up the defense engines. A commenter here just gave the mom something to use in court. "2 gallons is what most gas cans hold, someone could have put gas in her tank".

Hopefully it was a locking gas cap. Eventually her excuses will be bad enough, she doesn't need help.

Alrighty. So a random kidnapper conveniently comes along after the car has run out of gas, steals the child, conveniently has 2 gallons of gas which kidnapper then is nice enough to put in mom's car, all of which happens with no one seeing a thing in broad daylight on a busy street on a Sunday morning.

The Pinellas 12 might go for that; the rest of America, not so much.

bbm

The child-stealing Good Samaritan?!? :thud:

ETA: Seriously, though: so either the same person did both? Or, do they think they can convince folks to believe that two people stopped - one to take Sky and the other to put gas in the vehicle (not even knowing if it were out of gas or had a dead battery or whatever)? Oh, and no one saw either event happen and these two busy bodies didn't run into each other either? Pass the popcorn.

ETA again -- sorry, I thought that her attorney had actually suggested it. I didn't realize that it's just speculation from someone here. Back to Christmas shopping on Amazon....

:runaway:

That would be funny if she tried that. While she was away, someone took her child and, in exchange, put two gallons of gas in her tank - and nobody saw all that going on...lol

Nope. I don't think she will use that one. It would not pass the smell test.

bbm

The child-stealing Good Samaritan?!? :thud:

ETA: Seriously, though: so either the same person did both? Or, do they think they can convince folks to believe that two people stopped - one to take Sky and the other to put gas in the vehicle (not even knowing if it were out of gas or had a dead battery or whatever)? Oh, and no one saw either event happen and these two busy bodies didn't run into each other either?

I would imagine the nonsense will go something like this "I did really run out of gas. Then someone took my child. Then a good samaritan must have put gas in my car, magically knowing it was on empty rather than broken down."

It's ridiculous, but have we forgotten satanic cults kidnapped Laci?

http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/98104-wa-robert-flennaugh-26240/endorsements.html

Robert Flennaugh gets very high marks from former clients, and is well respected by Judges,prosecutors and fellow defense attorneys

This is no Jose Biaz

That may be so, but he does appear to have kind of a reputation locally for getting guilty people off... I feel lame quoting my own post from earlier, but there's a link to his website - read the types of cases he's bragging about.

Any locals listen to the Ron and Don show? I caught it yesterday on my way home from work, and they were discussing the case extensively. They were talking about how JB has hired a new criminal defense attorney who is known in Seattle for being a "dirtbag lawyer." (Not name calling, their words, not mine - however, when they listed the types of cases he was bragging about defending, I don't entirely disagree.) They were reading verbatim from the guy's website, and after doing some searching, I found this:

http://www.flennaughlaw.com/index.html

Seriously, go to his website and click on "view case results." Why on earth would you need a lawyer with this background because your "child is missing"? Yes, yes, I know that these lawyers exist because we all deserve the best defense possible... But this guy seems to all but brag about getting guilty people's charges dismissed.

That would be funny if she tried that. While she was away, someone took her child and, in exchange, put two gallons of gas in her tank - and nobody saw all that going on...lol

Nope. I don't think she will use that one. [It would not pass the smell test./QUOTE]

BBM. I think it would be par for Julia's course. :D

Nope. I don't think she will use that one. It would not pass the smell test.

On the other hand, the friend who picked her up could say she stopped and put 2 gallons of gas in the car before driving on to pick up Mom. That's why she was so shocked to see mom without Sky; he wasn't in the car when she stopped to put 2 gallons of gas in it, so she expected to see Sky with mom.

Could work. If the friend would go along with it, that is.

That may be so, but he does appear to have kind of a reputation locally for getting guilty people off... I feel lame quoting my own post from earlier, but there's a link to his website - read the types of cases he's bragging about.

You do understand that is a defense attorney's job right?
We have the worlds best Legal system because of Defense attorneys- Certianly don't expect a defense attorney to just stand before the court and let the prosecution have their way- because that also isn't justice.

Sorry flame me all you want to but Defense attorney's are the Hero's in our system- they often do the distasteful, and are the most reviled (just read every single trial thread on WS) they don't get to wear the white hat and get all the applause- but they do what they do so the Justice System of this Country works. Without them there simply isn't a Justice System

I think mom was into it, too. The first "Like" on her FB is PCC Natural Markets.

Bingo,huge PCC and Whole Foods in Redmond close to where she lives. Fred Meyer in Redmond also has a natural food dept. Hopefully they have requested security footage. There is a PCC in Kirkland and a Metropolitan Market which would carry natural foods. But,she seems to be biased toward Bellevue and there is a Whole Foods across from Overlake Hospital.

Puget Sound home to gortex jackets,Birkenstocks and granola. :earth:
:smile:

We have the worlds best Legal system because of Defense attorneys- Certianly don't expect a defense attorney to just stand before the court and let the prosecution have their way- because that also isn't justice.

Sorry flame me all you want to but Defense attorney's are the Hero's in our system- they often do the distasteful, and are the most reviled (just read every single trial thread on WS) they don't get to wear the white hat and get all the applause- but they do what they do so the Justice System of this Country works. Without them there simply isn't a Justice System

I hope you don't think I was flaming you in my reply! I totally respect your opinion, and as I said in my post, I understand that defense attorneys have a job to do, as we would all want the best defense if we had to have a day in court.

However, I don't get the impression from this guy that he promotes the causes of justice, or helps to defend people who have been truly wronged. Those aren't the cases he highlights on his own website. Yes, that means he is doing his job well... but the point I was trying to make is that why does Julia need a lawyer who's locally famous for getting charges dropped when she doesn't have any charges against her? When you hire someone this (locally) high profile, what does that say about what you are expecting to come out about you?

I really hope she has secreted Sky off somewhere and that he has come to no harm. This poor family.

This guy doesn't sound so bad, actually. From the FAQ on his website:

"Q: What can my lawyer do if the charges have already been filed?

A: An experienced criminal attorney will evaluate the evidence and determine if he can persuade the prosecutors to dismiss the charges. If your attorney can’t obtain a dismissal of charges, he then will determine if it’s in your best interests to go to trial or obtain a negotiated plea bargain.

Q: What if I just want to plead guilty?

A: If you wish to accept responsibility and plead guilty, an experienced defense attorney can help ensure that you are treated fairly and reasonably in court."

http://www.flennaughlaw.com/criminal-law-faq.html

I agree with you about defense attornies. They get a bad rap, but America would be a scary place without them.

On the other hand, the friend who picked her up could say she stopped and put 2 gallons of gas in the car before driving on to pick up Mom. That's why she was so shocked to see mom without Sky; he wasn't in the car when she stopped to put 2 gallons of gas in it, so she expected to see Sky with mom.

Could work. If the friend would go along with it, that is.

and the friend has a receipt for the gas within appropriate time period. But of course we'd have to assume the friend forgot to tell mom she put gas in her car and forgot to tell LE she put gas in moms car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam