Mr. Juan Martinez is my next guest on True Crime Radio Thursday March 24th

Hello Tricia,

I would like to ask Juan a couple questions if you find time to fit them in. I haven't been able to read back to see if these are covered.

(1) - It seemed that the judge gave way too much liberty with allowing all the Sidebar requests from the defense team. A couple questions about this.

(1.1) - It seemed you did not object to the sheer volume of sidebar requests as much as would have been expected. Is there a reason you did not object to all the Sidebar requests from Defense team?

(1.2) - The sheer volume of sidebars was so large that it seemed it gave the defense team an advantage by essentially trying a good portion of the case privately in front of the judge where neither the jury nor the public was part of. With that in mind, would you consider more aggressively objecting to this tactic by a defense team if a judge ever let it happen again in the future?

(2) - During the trial, the defense team seemed to make use of social media to their advantage. They were able to bring up things in the trial that seemed to originate directly from social media circles.

The question is does the prosecution team ever use social media to their advantage during the actual trial?

I'll try my best, to at least do a summary of questions asked and answered. Will post it here after I type it up. :)

Thank you, Hope! WS has a number of members who are very good at transcribing interviews giving the gist of not only what is said but how it is said, and you are one I think many here feel we can rely on for accurate reports. I hope I am able to hear the entire broadcast because hearing a participant's actual words and phrases is really important to me. However, if that does not work out I will at least know that your report of the broadcast is likely to be reliable. Thanks again for yet again going above and beyond!

I don't expect Mr. Martinez to share his knowledge on this (if any), but does he at least know who leaked the full list of jurors, and is it not illegal to do so?

My question would be, why you didn't, or couldn't, ask what color the "kool-aid"stains were in her rental car.

Tricia- - enjoy your interview with Juan Martinez! A bunch of us have been looking forward to this particular interview for what feels a very long time. :)

I'm not sure I'll be around tonight to listen. Will this be available later? Is there a link for the archives? TIA

When Jodi filled up gas cans in Salt Lake City, I always wondered if she went back thru Arizona to check up on Travis undetected again.
I would imagine after that many days of not hearing anything about his death that would have freaked her out.....

Question for mr Martinez:
Do you think she went back to check on the crime scene after she left Salt Lake City and before returning the rental car?

I can't find the interview. How do I get it?

I can't find the interview. How do I get it?

Can't find it either RickshawFan. Tricia's post said after 10:30 so maybe not yet posted. Will keep looking and if I find it, will come back here and post.

Can't find it either RickshawFan. Tricia's post said after 10:30 so maybe not yet posted. Will keep looking and if I find it, will come back here and post.

Maybe JM insisted on answering more questions.:)

I really Love Juan.. What a Man!! And... What a Lovely voice Tricia has! = )

Great interview! Really good job Tricia!

And thanks so much for getting my question in and the shout out to us WS members. :yourock:

THANK YOU ALL for your great questions. I know I didn't give a shout out to everyone so please accept my apologies.

May I impose upon one or two kind WSers to do a verbatim (or close to verbatim) transcript of the radio show? Please know that it will be greatly appreciated by those who care about what JM has to say as well as what fellow WSers want to know, but do not have the most dependable internet connection that would allow for uninterrupted listening.

(Potentially making matters worse, we are expecting 11 inches of snow here overnight; ew!)

Were you able to hear the show? Let me know. If not, or if others couldn't, I'll be happy to type up a (very unofficial) transcript.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back