Possible Matches - Post Possible Matches Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to WS fmw!

She does seem to fit Princess Blue's profile. I wonder if there is a way to find out if she had any ties to Houston, TX? Also, it says her DNA is available. If it actually is available and is in CODIS I would think that her DNA would have been compared to Princess Blue's already and no match was found for Princess Blue. Is there any way you could call and find out if this lady's DNA is truly in CODIS?

I also want to add that no opiates were found in Princess Blue's marrow. I noticed that it said Patricia had been a drug user at some point in her life.
--

...sent another email to King's County Sheriff's office....still waiting:banghead:

The reply is in!

"Both agencies receive and review the information on possible matches. I cannot release any details outside of law enforcement regarding the investigation, but appreciate receiving tips. Thank you for your interest."

:mad:

Question: Is the TX Dept of Public Safety who is being called and why wouldn't they be able to tell us exactly what persons on their site have been ruled out as being Princess Blue? I don't think that would jeopardize any investigations and with that info it would prevent doing more work. Hope that made sense, it's late. LOL

Yes, it is the TXDPS that is being called. We were trying to find out if the missing girls DNA and dentals were available. It would be nice to know which ones were in case we came across other UID's that could be a match for any of these missing girls. We would then know which girls we could exclude from being that UID if we knew their DNA & the UID's DNA was already in CODIS.

Question: Is the TX Dept of Public Safety who is being called and why wouldn't they be able to tell us exactly what persons on their site have been ruled out as being Princess Blue? I don't think that would jeopardize any investigations and with that info it would prevent doing more work. Hope that made sense, it's late. LOL

Yes, it is the TXDPS that is being called. We were trying to find out if the missing girls DNA and dentals were available. It would be nice to know which ones were in case we came across other UID's that could be a match for any of these missing girls. We would then know which girls we could exclude from being that UID if we knew their DNA & the UID's DNA was already in CODIS.

I'm trying to remember who I spoke with long ago about her - and I may even have an old email addy - I'll try to shoot off an email and inquire. I wonder if this is something that Coffman could help us with?

I wouldn't exclude or rule out any possible matches just because there is DNA in codis for the missing person. It is my understanding that you have to compare the sample in question against the one you are trying to match for the most accuracy.

As far as getting info on DNA samples being conducted on the missing persons and the LE releasing that info, I have run into problems in Pa. with the state police. They report that they can't release the info unless you are LE or the like. I don't think they realize we are not asking for the sample to be sent to us, we just want the knowledge if it is available for comparison if a possible match came to be.

One way to maybe obtain this info is call the LE for the missing and submit Princess Blue as a possible match. Sometimes they will ask you if the possible match you are submitting has dna or dentals to compare or you can offer that Princess Blue has both and see what info they tell you.

I have had this happen in the past.

Also, it would be better if you could contact the LE agency for the missing for your info since the public safety department is uncooperative.

Just a FYI

Hi Debbie. Good to see you here! Thank you for your post & input.

This is an email I sent to the TXDPS asking if a missing person's DNA is already in CODIS are they automatically compared to UID's in the system... Their reply is below:

Sent: Friday, September 05, 2008 12:50 PM
To:
Subject: Re: Case Number U0401002

I appreciate your help very much. Let me ask you this question..I believe I may have been wrong in assuming this...If a mising persons DNA is in CODIS, is it automatically compared to UID's that also have their DNA in CODIS? I thought that it was, but, now I am beginning to think that one would have to request that a certain missing person be compared to a certain UID?

Thank you again,

Here is their reply:

It is automotically cross matched from the Missing to the Unidentified DNA Database at the UNT (DNA Identity Lab at the University of North Texas), forwarded to the state level (Texas DPS) once a week for any possible matches and then uploaded once a month to CoDIS (national level) for any possible matches.

Anytime a new DNA sample is submitted and entered into the DNA database it automatically checks the other database for any possible matches.

So no you do not have to request the DNA comparison on any of the cases that have DNA already in the system because if there is a hit the reporting agency and our agency will be notified.

We have not been notified of any DNA hits on this case but since these possible matches to this case have been submitted I will request a DNA comparison. Once I receive the results I will update the case file so that if another request is made in the future we will know if it was ruled out or not.

There seems to be a hang up with the system I guess. I notice alot of profiles for missing and unidentified list dna available. So we believe it to be in the codis system. To further look at this I was browsing the Namus site and notice alot of the cases say "dna sample taken, not yet entered"

I know of one case in particular where DNA was taken from the family of a missing person in 2006, and never entered. A possible match was submitted against an unidentified person and it turns out a positive match thru dentals.

I really wish there was something that could be done to speed up entering all the samples.

I just wanted to note here that we are awaiting on the results of DNA comparisions between Princess Blue and the following ladies:

Rebecca Jean Beard
Anna Jovita Mallari
Kathleen Murphy
Angela F. Phillips
Sondra Kay Ramber
Ashley Fuller Reed
Debra Kay Stewart
Michelle Doherty Thomas
Maria Trinidad Velasquez

These people that are listed here... do we know anything about their relatives? I believe that the class ring was given to Princess Blue. I don't think it was her's due to the upsizing that happened on the ring. So if her mother or aunt or older sister gave it to her, then we should see if the family of any of these missing persons graduated from Robert E. Lee HS in 1975.

I know it's a stretch but if the connection is there, it would be awesome.

I've done a little research on the families of the missing ladies who are listed. I haven't ran into any family members (so far) of theirs who has the same last name as one of the Robert E Lee (Houston) 1974 (Juniors) or 1975 Seniors.

From the 9 girls/women I listed above, all have been ruled out accept:

Rebecca Jean Beard
Anna Jovita Mallari
Maria Trinidad Velasquez

There is no DNA family reference on file. If and when a DNA family reference sample is submitted, a request will be made for a comparison to Princess Blue.

I will be moving the missing females who have been ruled out over to the "Those who have been ruled out" thread.

I wanted to list here that I don't believe the following females that are listed on this thread have been submitted for DNA comparison though I am not certain. Does anyone know about these girls?

Misty Michelle MOCK
Paulette Susan JASTER
Marian MANCIA

Thank you Teons. I will have to look into Misty again. I'm pretty sure the dental description on her does not match Princess Blue's and I think her sister said Misty's DNA was in CODIS (she wasn't certain though). I just don't want to eliminate her unless we know for certain.

I thought Misty had been ruled out? I may be thinking of someone else though...

Sorry - wanted to add something - I do realize that forensics have stated that Princess is Caucsian; however, I didn't want to leave any stone unturned...esp in the case of Bianca - she has a scar on her knee, and the autopsy for Princess notes a "possible tumor" on her knee - other things are also a good match...and Brazoria County is only about 3 hours from Aransas Pass, Bianca's home.

Thanks for your patience with this newbie!

Hi & welcome OC Lady. Thank you for your interest in "Princess Blue".

I have a note here that states that Sgt. Jay Coffman ruled out Blanca Roberson as a possible match to "Princess Blue". I don't however have the reason why he ruled her out. She would probably be too young to be Princess Blue as Blanca was only 13 at the time of her disappearance and Princess Blue has been estimated to be between 15 - 25 years old. I also have information from Blanca's sister stating that Blanca didn't have any rings like the ones Princess Blue was found with.

I also want to note that forensics have stated that Princess Blue was white with the probability of some Black traits. According to the forensic analysis, it is likely one parent or one grandparent was Black.

Sorry - wanted to add something - I do realize that forensics have stated that Princess is Caucsian; however, I didn't want to leave any stone unturned...esp in the case of Bianca - she has a scar on her knee, and the autopsy for Princess notes a "possible tumor" on her knee - other things are also a good match...and Brazoria County is only about 3 hours from Aransas Pass, Bianca's home.

Thanks for your patience with this newbie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine