Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hope is that it is her as well.
Would he have to stand trial for wife 3 first?
If the evidence is stronger for one than the other, would they persue 1 and not both? If it is Stacey, can they use her murder to help make a case in the trial for his 3rd wife to show a pattern?
If it is Stacey, I would LOVE to know what his current fiancee is thinking now...that girl has to be a few cards short of a full deck.

One thing that bothers me is will they be able to pull DNA from the remains after a year and a half or will the exposure to water, heat and cold have degraded the DNA too much? I guess the fact that what they have recovered is the lower torso, which means the hips. I know they are supposed to be more protected, though teeth are usually best after a long period of time.
I don't know the answer to that, but I wish I did. I will be hoping with all my might that they will still be able to glean the necessary DNA needed to identify this poor soul.

Just thinking that it might actually be Stacy gives me knots in my stomach. Although I've believed she was gone from the get-go, I still don't want it confimed. Especially when I think of her children and comments from her family and loved ones about how much she wanted a family to care for....... and she was so young and seemed like she was just full of life.

Is anyone else feeling a little bit overly consumed by all the big cases that have come full circle all in such a very small timeframe? I want to believe that there is some higher power than us that is fed up with all this evil and is trying to expose each and every one of them for what they are. Wouldn't that be too cool?

Thank you. I was going to ask where this was in conjunction to the place Sandra was telling them to check, the locks wasn't it? Is this area anywhere near the locks?

Jax can tell you more about where this is because she lives out that way. I grew up in Chicago, but I am not familiar with Will County at all, but Jax would definitely know.

(I grew up with da bears, da cubs, sox and da brats and drinkin' da beerski's so I was laughing at the impersonations of da way people out de're talk. I get told all the time still I got a hard accent. Now that I think about it maybe they don't really call this place da San da Aygo, ya know, amirite?
:waitasec:

I'm still reading that other site. They bring up some very good points. Brodsky claims Drew is "unconcerned" about these remains.

Well, shouldn't he at least be concerned that they may be his missing wife and his kids will hear about this and it could be their mom? Unless, he knows it's not her? Or is this more of his false Sociopathic nothing bothers me bravado?

Yeah well, they certainly can't say "yes we are concerned about that" can they? That would be admitting that they knew enough about it to realize that it might be Stacey. About all they can say publicly is that they aren't concerned.

I do think it is significant that JB just had to go to the jail late yesterday. It could have been reassurance and strategy over the hearing today but somehow I don't think so.

One thing we have noticed on finding other remains, DrewP doesn't seem to be concerned with the fact that if he hadn't killed her, that she is missing and even if she had run off with another man- it could still be her that was found. As a matter of fact, he doesn't even mention that it sounds like bad news for some family.

he may well be unconcerned even if he knows it is Stacy if he feels there is no physical evidence to link him to the body. I think he is just an *advertiser censored* and this is his personality.
Heh, heh....... *advertiser censored*...... sorry, that 's just funny....... no matter who ya are!!!!

I like to call him drEWWWWWWW (the emphasis on the EWWWWWWW!)

Okay, so a little bit ago the ongoing radio conversation went back to the remains and the news gal on Mancow said there are unconfirmed reports that there were jeans and underwear apparent - the last outfit Lisa Stebic was reported to be wearing was workout clothes, sweat pants type of thing, but not jeans. They are gonna do an update shortly.

ETA - So Amy Jacobson called in from the location. She says that it was Craig Stebic that said that Lisa was wearing work out clothes, but that he would have been the only witness to what she was wearing. So, Lisa could have been wearing jeans also. She also said that the blue barrel being found in the area may just be rumor. Just reporting what she said...

My hope is that it is her as well.
Would he have to stand trial for wife 3 first?
If the evidence is stronger for one than the other, would they persue 1 and not both? If it is Stacey, can they use her murder to help make a case in the trial for his 3rd wife to show a pattern?
If it is Stacey, I would LOVE to know what his current fiancee is thinking now...that girl has to be a few cards short of a full deck.

My guess is that the two cases would run as separate entities, separate events, but they only need to 'get him' on one, so probably the case with the most probative and provable evidence would be the focus. Drew's current girlfriend isn't thinking anything at all, because she simply isn't thinking, period.

Okay, so a little bit ago the ongoing radio conversation went back to the remains and the news gal on Mancow said there are unconfirmed reports that there were jeans and underwear apparent - the last outfit Lisa Stebic was reported to be wearing was workout clothes, sweat pants type of thing, but not jeans. They are gonna do an update shortly.

Ooh keep us updated please.

Jax can tell you more about where this is because she lives out that way. I grew up in Chicago, but I am not familiar with Will County at all, but Jax would definitely know.

(I grew up with da bears, da cubs, sox and da brats and drinkin' da beerski's so I was laughing at the impersonations of da way people out de're talk. I get told all the time still I got a hard accent. Now that I think about it maybe they don't really call this place da San da Aygo, ya know, amirite?
:waitasec:
Hey, that's very impressive to be able to write it with an accent! I'm about 90 miles west of you. But I don't have an accent :dance:

Thank you. Kikid was kind enough to fill me in.

Hope the tests are on super-speedy-ultra-instant X 100,000,000,000,000 warp speed. I don't want to have to see that mug or hear that gum-smacking or have to listen or read about some asinine attempt to be amusing, (which by the way, he isn't in the slightest)........ oh ........ uh ........... I'd better stop. I'm going to get myself in trouble.

The remains are badly decomposed, according to officials. The autopsy is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. Thursday at the Will County Coroner's Office in Joliet. Officials are also working to ID the body; they are comparing dental record and conducting DNA tests.
"We're not identifying whether or not it's male or female. It would be very premature to do that. Nor are we making an attempt to associate with any current investigation. We would be very premature to do that," said Master Sgt. Tom Burek, Illinois State Police.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6824563&rss=rss-wls-article-6824563

How could they be comparing dental records, as stated in the above article, if only the lower portion of the remains were recovered? :waitasec:

There have got to be quicker identifiers than DNA...obviously that would be definative, but there are other things that could give us SOMETHING. Is the body the same age, ethnicity, approximate height, weight. Does the underwear brand match something Stacey is known to purchase...etc. I'm a very curious cat. LOL

The remains are badly decomposed, according to officials. The autopsy is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. Thursday at the Will County Coroner's Office in Joliet. Officials are also working to ID the body; they are comparing dental record and conducting DNA tests.
"We're not identifying whether or not it's male or female. It would be very premature to do that. Nor are we making an attempt to associate with any current investigation. We would be very premature to do that," said Master Sgt. Tom Burek, Illinois State Police.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6824563&rss=rss-wls-article-6824563

Dental records?????? Whoa!! Does that mean what I'm thinking it means?

...about Will County.

Roe Conn on WLS 890 will be all over this in the afternoon, he's on from 2 PM to 6PM CST if anybody is interested.

There have got to be quicker identifiers than DNA...obviously that would be definative, but there are other things that could give us SOMETHING. Is the body the same age, ethnicity, approximate height, weight. Does the underwear brand match something Stacey is known to purchase...etc. I'm a very curious cat. LOL

Yeah, in one article, they said they would be looking at dental records today and the autopsy was scheduled for 9:30. Maybe we'll hear something on those dental records, rather than waiting for DNA.
This has been a long time coming, if it's Stacy (or Lisa, for that matter!)
I'm sitting on the edge of my seat, too!!

does anyone remember where DP's cell phone pings were??? how far from this location?? I'll have to go search the older threads because I just do not recall that info.

IIRC, the focus on the locks, which was way up the river, was because of the phone pings by Stacey's male friends house. It's been a looong time since I've had to dredge that up, so I could be wrong.

Yeah, in one article, they said they would be looking at dental records today and the autopsy was scheduled for 9:30. Maybe we'll hear something on those dental records, rather than waiting for DNA.
This has been a long time coming, if it's Stacy (or Lisa, for that matter!)
I'm sitting on the edge of my seat, too!!

I understand the authorities have already contacted Stacy Peterson's family, so.................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain