Dominic Casey: Motion to Strike Notice of Deposition & Motion for Protective Order#1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the phone records are redacted in order to show only the calls between DC and GL (and I believe the one call between DC and his daughter). They very well might have been redacted for privacy purposes, but the problem is that such redactions mean that the phone records do not prove what they were supposed to prove. Ginny's home phone records are redacted to the point that they show no calls at all.

Redacted phone records:
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/11105504/Casey-Antony-Dominic-Casey-and-G-Lucas-cell-records

bbm: That's what I remember GL stating on the NG show, that the call somehow didnt' appear on her phone records....some excuse about how some of her calls don't always appear on her bill, etc., (eerily similar to something CA had said about phone records in an interview) so I was wondering if that had been cleared up by now. Thanks AZ!

bbm: That's what I remember GL stating on the NG show, that the call somehow didnt' appear on her phone records....some excuse about how some of her calls don't always appear on her bill, etc., (eerily similar to something CA had said about phone records in an interview) so I was wondering if that had been cleared up by now. Thanks AZ!

Here's the thing...sometimes if you have 2 phones and you switch the SIM card but the settings are wrong and the battery goes out while you're in a park and you drop the phone right when you get a call from a private number that can no longer be reached...the call will not appear on your bill. :innocent:

Here's the thing...sometimes if you have 2 phones and you switch the SIM card but the settings are wrong and the battery goes out while you're in a park and you drop the phone right when you get a call from a private number that can no longer be reached...the call will not appear on your bill. :innocent:

All I have to say is....I hope the jury can follow that about as well as I did and find it as credible. lol

Are you serious about this? Or are you just joking?

LOL! I think there's an app for that now!

Happens to me all the time, especially with bill collectors...JK.

LEE: So on the Black Jack, do you remember the phone number that the Black Jack was associated with?

CASEY: It was my same number; I just swapped the SIM card back and forth.

LEE: Ok, um…Here’s how these things work Casey, the contact information, the contact stuff is on your SIM card, so if you switched it back and forth.

CASEY: It doesn’t always save to the SIM card. You can sometimes save things to the SIM card or save it specifically to the phone, it just depends on the way the phone’s set up I thought about that too.

Love Lee's statement, "OK, um, here's how things work Casey". But, to Casey's credit she has "thought about that too". In other words, don't worry bro, I got this covered.

LEE: So on the Black Jack, do you remember the phone number that the Black Jack was associated with?

LEE: Ok, um…Here’s how these things work Casey, the contact information, the contact stuff is on your SIM card, so if you switched it back and forth.

CASEY: It doesn’t always save to the SIM card. You can sometimes save things to the SIM card or save it specifically to the phone, it just depends on the way the phone’s set up I thought about that too.

Love Lee's statement, "OK, um, here's how things work Casey". But, to Casey's credit she has "thought about that too". In other words, don't worry bro, I got this covered.

Yeah Lee was wrong about that. If you were to save contact information while the sim card was out, it would default to save to the phone. I have a sim card slot, but no sim card, so everything saves to the phone.

Somebody shoulda told Tiger!

Problem is KC said the Blackberry was provided to her by Universal a couple of weeks before her arrest, right? She had no job and clearly no money to buy a Blackberry. If she did have one she may have "borrowed" it from someone I would imagine. So if she had Nanny's number it would be saved on the card because she would not have had the Blackberry that long. JMO

But you forgot to add that it also has to happen on a Tuesday, which must fall between the 12th and 16th of the current month, between the hours of 11:57 am and 12:18 pm...oh yeah, and it must be during a leap year!!! :dance:

bbm while not a kc supporter in any way shape or form, i have to say, shes right about this statement. in my experience with sim cards i always have to manually put my numbers in the new phone even when using the same sim. unfortunately for kc the cell carrier has info on her calls incoming and outgoing. and she "thought about that too"? in what context? its incredible how she manages to keep her family confused with her twisted up words that she somehow believes are "truths" especially la. i think he was trying to get the truth in this conversation, he probably learned the truth later but i dont think he knew it that day. it just sounds like he doesnt know how to challenge her on obvious lies. the rule was, imo, leave kc alone, dont question her because its ugly and we dont like ugly here on hopespring.

Here is the link for the interview K. Belich did over the phone with GL http://www.wftv.com/video/18477034/index.html Need some supersleuths to help me analyze it. At the beginning she states she identified the Gonzales house as a landmark, because "women go by landmarks and men by distances" or something to that effect???? From the house, she directs DC to look for a chain link fence and directs him to the site from there. She also states she guesses he took a pick or rod because she told him to poke the soil with something, being careful to not destroy the crime scene.

OK, this is where I start to see a disconnect. The tape shows us that the day DC was on the phone with GL was the first day he went out there (that we know of). He was in dress slacks and shoes, he DID NOT have a pick that day, and it appears he went straight to the woods, NOT the house. He may have gone to the house AFTER the woods on that first day, the 15th. IIRC, the second day,Nov 16, he was wearing clothes more appropriate for searching the woods, he did not appear to be on the phone, and THIS is the day he went to the house first and then to the woods. This second day is the day he had the metal rod.

Am I reading too much into these discrepancies? Was there ever any mention by Hoover that they went to the house first, before going to the woods, on the first day of searching, which is the day Hoover taped Dominic while he was on the cellphone?

Also, she states she had been emailing DC since August?? And she called his office at 3 a.m. and then his cell at 6 a.m. that morning??? Didn't DC say he was on his way to the site to check out the Kio story when he coincidentally got the call from GL to go there?? IIRC, that was later that 6 a.m. Do the phone records show a call from GL to DC's cell at 6? Do they show a 3 am call to his office?

She also states she first talked to DC on Nov 1st, when the "intermediary" connected her with DC, but had been emailing since August. Didn't DC say the 15th was the first time they spoke?

Did DC find Caylee's remains during his searches? In his interview with LE he said he searched three (3) times - twice with JH and then again the next day and just stood on the side of the road...

October 6, 2008
http://www.wftv.com/news/17634763/detail.html
Posted: 1:12 pm EDT October 6, 2008Updated: 7:44 am EDT October 7, 2008
Casey Anthony Wants To Search For Caylee Without Public Knowing Details
"Casey's attorney hopes to convince Circuit Judge Stan Strickland on Friday to allow Casey to travel secretly to "places of interest" in the case to "assist with the search of missing child, Caylee Anthony." But Baez also asks in the motion that "due to the sensitive nature of this Motion, the Defense requests that the date and time of such travel not be public."

November 5, 2008 - 20:00:00 ET
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0811/05/ng.01.html
NANCY GRACE
Defense Memo Says Caylee`s Death Maybe Accidental
AND
"CINDY ANTHONY, CASEY ANTHONY`S MOTHER: George and I don`t believe that Caylee`s in the woods or -- you know, out there. We believe someone has her and that she`s alive.
Video at [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmGLTPZqBHU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmGLTPZqBHU[/ame]

November 15, 16, 17
Taped Transcript of Mr. Dominic Casey
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4782219/Casey-Anthony-PI-Jim-Hoover-Interview-Transcript-released-March-5

http://www.wftv.com/news/18432677/detail.html
Posted: 5:55 pm EST January 7, 2009Updated: 7:57 am EST January 8, 2009
P.I. Says Partner Knew Where Caylee Anthony's Body Was
"Private investigator Jim Hoover and his attorney told only Eyewitness News on Wednesday afternoon that the Anthonys' private investigator, Dominic Casey, told Hoover on the morning of November 15 that Caylee was dead and that he knew where her body was.

November 17, 2008 3:23:34 PM (scroll down)
Spokeswoman: Anthonys Have Evidence Caylee Is Alive
"Spokeswoman Michelle Bart told News 13 Monday they have legitimate tips and evidence that Caylee is still alive."

November 20, 2008
http://www.wftv.com/news/18025838/detail.html
Statement From Mark NeJame Resigning As Anthonys' Attorney
The following is a statement released by Mark NeJame on November 20, 2008
(quoted from statement)
"The other condition I required was that I would have absolutely nothing to do with representing Casey or assisting in her legal defense."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
December 16, 2008
http://www.wftv.com/news/18288396/detail.html (scroll down)
Posted: 6:32 am EST December 16, 2008 Updated: 10:04 am EST December 18, 2008
ANTHONYS RELEASE STATEMENT ABOUT REMAINS (quoted from article)
"Conway said he plans to meet with the lead prosecutor and detectives later this week to ask for full immunity for the Anthonys"

January 7, 2009
http://www.wftv.com/news/18432677/detail.html
Posted: 5:55 pm EST January 7, 2009Updated: 7:57 am EST January 8, 2009
ANTHONY FAMILY ATTORNEY MEETS WITH PROSECUTORS
(quoted from article)
"Conway also told Eyewitness News that he's been trying to get immunity for the George and Cindy Anthony."

January 12, 2009
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18460620/detail.html
POSTED: Monday, January 12, 2009 UPDATED: 2:09 pm EST January 12, 2009
Anthony Family: Former P.I. Trying To Sell Video Of Caylee Site
Man Says He Recorded Area Where Girl's Remains Found

Hoover claims that Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, 22, who remains jailed on first-degree murder charges in her daughter's death, knew Caylee was dead and the video shows that he was looking for the girl's remains.
Casey Anthony has denied the claim, and the attorney representing her parents said the family feels betrayed by Hoover.
"By virtue of my representation, it is my videotape, not Mr. Hoover's, and our position is that he has taken this tape from us and tried to shop it and tried to profit from a tragedy that he has no right to be involved in," Brad Conway said.
(above quoted from article)

January 12, 2009
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18460620/detail.html
POSTED: Monday, January 12, 2009 UPDATED: 2:09 pm EST January 12, 2009
Anthony Family: Former P.I. Trying To Sell Video Of Caylee Site
Man Says He Recorded Area Where Girl's Remains Found

Hoover claims that Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, 22, who remains jailed on first-degree murder charges in her daughter's death, knew Caylee was dead and the video shows that he was looking for the girl's remains.
Casey Anthony has denied the claim, and the attorney representing her parents said the family feels betrayed by Hoover.
"By virtue of my representation, it is my videotape, not Mr. Hoover's, and our position is that he has taken this tape from us and tried to shop it and tried to profit from a tragedy that he has no right to be involved in," Brad Conway said.
(above quoted from article)

I'm confused? So, Brad thought that the tape belonged to him because he represents the Anthony's? He thinks that JH took the tape from them?

How could he even think that that is possible? It was JH's camera. It was JH's video tape that recorded it... so, that would make it JH's property. Right?

And, is Brad saying that he had physical possession of the tape only for JH to steal it? Because from what I understand, when DC came to JH for the tape, it was after Caylee's remains were found and JH lied and said he recorded over it.

If Brad has physical possession of that tape, then wouldn't it be safe to say that he had seen the video prior to Caylee's remains being found?

I'm confused? So, Brad thought that the tape belonged to him because he represents the Anthony's? He thinks that JH took the tape from them?

How could he even think that that is possible? It was JH's camera. It was JH's video tape that recorded it... so, that would make it JH's property. Right?

And, is Brad saying that he had physical possession of the tape only for JH to steal it? Because from what I understand, when DC came to JH for the tape, it was after Caylee's remains were found and JH lied and said he recorded over it.

If Brad has physical possession of that tape, then wouldn't it be safe to say that he had seen the video prior to Caylee's remains being found?

Brad denied ever having seen the tape when he presented it and it was seen by the public for the first time on Geraldo. Supposedly JH had tried to sell the tape to Geraldo, then somehow Brad came up with a copy and released it first. Huh????

So is that like some work product thing? He goes out and videotapes the searches, and then they automatically become the property of the A's and their lawyer? WTF?

I am so very confused by this. What, the A's wanted to sell it first? I'm getting a big headache just trying to put this one together, owie...

I am posting this with permission from a friend on another forum......All credit to them......they know who they are.......

Well, if we are going to play speculation on the questions, then I’ll state that I heartily agree that this has to do with DC, but I certainly have not, and will not, rule out that this is likely bad for JB, too.

Let’s start in November/08. (Dates may not be exact, but are close as all culled from online media publications)
———————————————————————————————————
* 6th? – 500 page doc dump, including George’s LE interview when he admits he was worried about the smell in Casey’s car. “I don’t want to believe that I have, have raised someone, and brought someone in this world that could do something to another person. I don’t want to believe that.”
That can’t have gone over well when Cindy watched/listened to those audio tapes
* 7th – Nejame takes on TES as clients.
Pizzing Cindy off mightily in the process
* 8th – 3,000+ Voluteers search for Caylee with TES
No cooperation from the A’s
* 10th – STATE requests gag order “The state wants to bar attorneys, Orange County sheriff’s investigators and the parents of the mother from making any statements to the media about the case against 22-year-old Casey Anthony.”
Later, CA would raise her hand at the hearing and ask to address the Judge. He shot her down. She wanted to ensure that she would not have to comply w/ gag order.
* 11th – LP & TES suspend searches for Caylee. LP holds prayer service for dead Caylee. Cindy claims her daughter is a victim – on GMA, no less, and blames it on the pizza – again.
* 12th – Cindy speaks out against LP holding the memorial prayer service. NOTE: she insists Caylee is alive. (This will be important later when discussing Lee depo)
* 13th – River search results released. Nothing in the recovered bags relate to Caylee.
* 14th – Casey files counter-suit against ZFG
* 15th – 16th – DC is videotaped searching the area near Hopespring. Fairly close to where Caylee’s remains were ultimately discovered. (NOTE: After the tapes come out, DC first says that he went on a hunch because Kio said they used to hang out back there by the school. Shortly afterwards he changes his story to say that the psychic lead him there. Further, the majority of his searching was near the old house, formerly owned by someone names Gonsales [diff spelling noted]. Also, After tapes released, Cindy herself says, “I sent people to the woods to look there back in November.)
* 17th – In Michelle Bart’s first significant move since taking over for Garrison as the A spokesperson, they tell the media outlets that the A Family will release a press statement this week explaining why they are searching for an alive Caylee. (NOTE: why then was DC sent to the woods poking and prodding looking for remains? [See above comment re: Cindy's proclaimation.])
* 18th – A’s claim live sighting of Caylee in Gainesville. In the same breath, they claim a sighting at a McD’s in Coral Springs
* 19th – State witness list released (quite interesting [odd] that it includes JB on it as a witness.) Gag order hearing postponed until Nov. 25th
* 20th – Nejames Resigns – alludes to differences of opinion w/ the A’s
20th – *** Officials Declare Caylee Dead. They will no longer follow-up on ‘live Caylee’ tips [like where the german shepard peed...] (Interesting timing pt. 1)
* 21st – Mall sighting photo released (interesting timing pt. 2). DC asks for anyone with information to contact D&A investigations. On the heels of his trip last week to find Caylee’s remains. (Or as Bill noted [paraphrased], ’stage this search outing to benefit the defense.’)
——————————————————————————————————————–
I’ll stop there so people can pause for thought. Why the full court Hail Mary play this week?
———————————————————————————————————————

Now, we could go on forever with this timeline, but here is a little task you can undertake for yourselves in relation to everything that went on in November 2008.

* This interview channel 13 did on Nov. 20th did with MB, and the A’s is significantly telling. This is the infamous one where Cindy looks very doped up, frail, and as if she’d received really, really bad news. http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer2/MediaPlayer.htm?video=GeorgeAnthonyInterview_112020081037&cat=Local&title=George%20Anthony%20Interview

I speculate that some time in November 2008, the A’s not only learned with certainty that Caylee was deceased, I also surmise that they were informed that she was, indeed, “Close,” as KC had once stated to her concerned brother. As the shock set in, so too, did the devious attempts to spin.

I further guess that JB knew, too, and there is a lot more to this story, which is likely being investigated as we speak.

I am posting this with permission from a friend on another forum......All credit to them......they know who they are.......

Well, if we are going to play speculation on the questions, then I’ll state that I heartily agree that this has to do with DC, but I certainly have not, and will not, rule out that this is likely bad for JB, too.

Let’s start in November/08. (Dates may not be exact, but are close as all culled from online media publications)
———————————————————————————————————
* 6th? – 500 page doc dump, including George’s LE interview when he admits he was worried about the smell in Casey’s car. “I don’t want to believe that I have, have raised someone, and brought someone in this world that could do something to another person. I don’t want to believe that.”
That can’t have gone over well when Cindy watched/listened to those audio tapes
* 7th – Nejame takes on TES as clients.
Pizzing Cindy off mightily in the process
* 8th – 3,000+ Voluteers search for Caylee with TES
No cooperation from the A’s
* 10th – STATE requests gag order “The state wants to bar attorneys, Orange County sheriff’s investigators and the parents of the mother from making any statements to the media about the case against 22-year-old Casey Anthony.”
Later, CA would raise her hand at the hearing and ask to address the Judge. He shot her down. She wanted to ensure that she would not have to comply w/ gag order.
* 11th – LP & TES suspend searches for Caylee. LP holds prayer service for dead Caylee. Cindy claims her daughter is a victim – on GMA, no less, and blames it on the pizza – again.
* 12th – Cindy speaks out against LP holding the memorial prayer service. NOTE: she insists Caylee is alive. (This will be important later when discussing Lee depo)
* 13th – River search results released. Nothing in the recovered bags relate to Caylee.
* 14th – Casey files counter-suit against ZFG
* 15th – 16th – DC is videotaped searching the area near Hopespring. Fairly close to where Caylee’s remains were ultimately discovered. (NOTE: After the tapes come out, DC first says that he went on a hunch because Kio said they used to hang out back there by the school. Shortly afterwards he changes his story to say that the psychic lead him there. Further, the majority of his searching was near the old house, formerly owned by someone names Gonsales [diff spelling noted]. Also, After tapes released, Cindy herself says, “I sent people to the woods to look there back in November.)
* 17th – In Michelle Bart’s first significant move since taking over for Garrison as the A spokesperson, they tell the media outlets that the A Family will release a press statement this week explaining why they are searching for an alive Caylee. (NOTE: why then was DC sent to the woods poking and prodding looking for remains? [See above comment re: Cindy's proclaimation.])
* 18th – A’s claim live sighting of Caylee in Gainesville. In the same breath, they claim a sighting at a McD’s in Coral Springs
* 19th – State witness list released (quite interesting [odd] that it includes JB on it as a witness.) Gag order hearing postponed until Nov. 25th
* 20th – Nejames Resigns – alludes to differences of opinion w/ the A’s
20th – *** Officials Declare Caylee Dead. They will no longer follow-up on ‘live Caylee’ tips [like where the german shepard peed...] (Interesting timing pt. 1)
* 21st – Mall sighting photo released (interesting timing pt. 2). DC asks for anyone with information to contact D&A investigations. On the heels of his trip last week to find Caylee’s remains. (Or as Bill noted [paraphrased], ’stage this search outing to benefit the defense.’)
——————————————————————————————————————–
I’ll stop there so people can pause for thought. Why the full court Hail Mary play this week?
———————————————————————————————————————

Now, we could go on forever with this timeline, but here is a little task you can undertake for yourselves in relation to everything that went on in November 2008.

* This interview channel 13 did on Nov. 20th did with MB, and the A’s is significantly telling. This is the infamous one where Cindy looks very doped up, frail, and as if she’d received really, really bad news. http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer2/MediaPlayer.htm?video=GeorgeAnthonyInterview_112020081037&cat=Local&title=George%20Anthony%20Interview

I speculate that some time in November 2008, the A’s not only learned with certainty that Caylee was deceased, I also surmise that they were informed that she was, indeed, “Close,” as KC had once stated to her concerned brother. As the shock set in, so too, did the devious attempts to spin.

I further guess that JB knew, too, and there is a lot more to this story, which is likely being investigated as we speak.

Swear to heaven SOTS, just when I think I have a handle on this stuff, you blow my socks off again. :blowkiss:

:clap::clap::clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member