ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't think there is "some kind of problem" going on that a young single mother of two babies cannot stay at neither her mother's home nor her father's home until she got on her feet? There is a reason for that. So a dive, dirty motel in a seedy area of town is where she stayed instead? Sorry but that is not where I would take two babies...and a one room motel at that. Yes, many families do stay in hotels/motels when displaced or a fire at their home, etc...however, we are not talking about a married couple with 3 children that would be hard to place at mom or dad's house. We are talking mom and two babies. At the very least why didn't she allow her mother or father to let the babies come in or at her sister's home? Sounds to me like there were reasons unbeknown to us that family would not have her come in...and if she CHOSE to not stay with family but instead that motel..well then I will say because she had hangouts there...I cannot imagine any mother choosing to stay in a place like that when alternatives exist.
Possibility- could she be living in the motel because rehab/cps highly recommend not living with others that drink or do drugs? And I have no idea if her parents do or not, but if they do, even casually, maybe the motel was a step to making sure she can get Ayla back from dad. And, hey, you live where you can afford. If she was offered the Hilton at the same rate i would think she would be there so fast our heads would spin. This viewpoint is going on the assumption that TR is attempting to get herself on track and get her daughter back. And to the bashing dad, you can believe if someone who I was never serious (love,commitment,dating) about had my daughter and she disappeared I would be calling for his head!

Possibility- could she be living in the motel because rehab/cps highly recommend not living with others that drink or do drugs? And I have no idea if her parents do or not, but if they do, even casually, maybe the motel was a step to making sure she can get Ayla back from dad. And, hey, you live where you can afford. If she was offered the Hilton at the same rate i would think she would be there so fast our heads would spin. This viewpoint is going on the assumption that TR is attempting to get herself on track and get her daughter back. And to the bashing dad, you can believe if someone who I was never serious (love,commitment,dating) about had my daughter and she disappeared I would be calling for his head!

If her parents were supporting her sobriety then they would clear all of the liquor out of the cabinets and let her live with them, instead of having her in the seedy, dangerous neighborhood she was living in, alone with an infant. imoo

Yes, it does say that. So I learned something today! Thank you for the link. I've never heard of alcohol treatment referenced as a substance abuse program and I've been going through this with my brother for the last year and even he has never heard of it! While that was the World Health Organization link I did look it up within our own health care systems and it does say that substance abuse is either alcohol, drugs, prescription drug or other illicit drug use (heroin, cocaine, etc.) classified as substance abuse.

You're welcome! :) best wishes for you and your brother. It is so good that he has your support!

I can see grandma possibly not checking in on the girls because, if they were in the upstairs bedroom, and as a few on here described, the stairs are steep in houses like that. But out of three adults I think one would have said I'll go check on the girls before they all went to bed.

Trista herself named the hotel. I know it very well. I know the area. It is a dive and in a place that is known for drug activity, prostitution and a whole slew of other problems. As for substance abuse..if you google "trista reynolds substance abuse" you will find tons of articles. Obviously in her care was a small toddler and a 7 month old baby when she entered rehab. That says that she was caring for children under the influence...even if it means coming home under the influence while the children slept and a sitter left. However, knowing that area....I highly doubt that was the case.

Respectfully, the most affordable places to rent--whether it be a hotel, apartment, or house--are generally located in the most questionable areas of a particular town or city. I personally am not going to assume that anyone is a drug addict, alcoholic, or anything else based on where they live and/or their poverty level. I know some wonderful drug-free people who live in such places. I also know of substance abusers who live in the nicest suburbs. I don't know anything about Justin's previous lifestyle or history either, and I would not judge him based on that. Again, I don't have any evidence in front of me that leads me to believe that Trista's mother, father, and/or sister were not helping her with both of her children from day one. If you do have such concrete information, please provide a link or reputable source. Otherwise, in my opinion, it is just unsubstantiated rumor.

If her parents were supporting her sobriety then they would clear all of the liquor out of the cabinets and let her live with them, instead of having her in the seedy, dangerous neighborhood she was living in, alone with an infant. imoo

Agree, so I'm not sure. But some supporters of those who are trying to overcome addiction/abuse support with their opinions but not with their actions. And it doesn't seem that TR had a Leave it to Beaver kind of upbringing. All opinion no fact and not generally what I believe but just another scenario.

I can see grandma possibly not checking in on the girls because, if they were in the upstairs bedroom, and as a few on here described, the stairs are steep in houses like that. But out of three adults I think one would have said I'll go check on the girls before they all went to bed.

Myself, I just can't get past the not checking for so many hours...with so many adults and two babies. If they were upstairs, was there a gate to keep them from falling if they should get out of bed somehow? Was there a monitor, of which we have not heard of such existence? Do people really put babies in a room and close the door for 12+ hours without being able to monitor them these days? Baffling to me, to say the least, especially for a parent unused to having a child for very long and for another young mother to be in the home as well as a grandmother.

I am more obsessed with the possible text message than anything else right now...if there was one, it should have led a trail right to the culprit, which does not appear to be the case. He mentioned that LE had "transcripts" from his phone, which sounded odd, but maybe he meant the wording of text messages. If so, why can't LE track down who sent them? And why would TR mention the texts if she sent them? All very confusing, but hoping LE knows much more. Still, the statement indicating "foul play" is telling and does not make me think "kidnapping" or "abduction by a relative" as much as worse options.

If Ayla went to bed with the sling on is there a possibility that she got tangled up in it and choked herself? I know my kids were all over the place when they slept.
They have said the sling is missing with her. I'm not clear if it was reported if she wore it to bed or that was just an assumption since it was not there.
I can easily see her accidentally getting tangled up in it- on a bed post, night stand, anything.

But I doubt that grandma is very old. JDP is only in his early 20's. His mom would be in her 40's ,or her 50's at the most. But who knows anymore.

All I know is my son and his gf left me their cat while they went to see her family for N Years weekend, and i checked on that kitty a zillion timers to make sure my doggies did not injure him. LOL [ both my dogs have scratches on their snouts but kitty is just fine.]

If Ayla went to bed with the sling on is there a possibility that she got tangled up in it and choked herself? I know my kids were all over the place when they slept.
They have said the sling is missing with her. I'm not clear if it was reported if she wore it to bed or that was just an assumption since it was not there.
I can easily see her accidentally getting tangled up in it- on a bed post, night stand, anything.

I have wondered if something like that took place. Like she fell on the stairs or
choked on something. But I believe that LE used cadaver dogs. Does anyone know if that is so?

But about the evidence taken-- If they found anything truly incriminating they would not have released the cars or the home, imo. And they would have been hours of interrogations and maybe even an arrest. So I doubt they found any evidence of a dead child in the home or the cars. imo

snipped and BBM:

Results can take weeks and months ... and LE is NOT releasing any info to the public about what the CSI team did find -- or -- what the CSI Team did not find ...

And it could be that they are still be waiting on lab results : the labs could be backed up, or maybe they had to send it off to a lab that has more sophisticated equipment and technology that specializes in certain areas that the local labs do not have.

I can't remember off the top of my head exactly how long the house was sealed off, but it was sealed off with "crime scene tape" for at least a week, and was "off limits" prior to that.

Also ... we do not know if there was any evidence of a dead child because LE is keeping quiet ... JMO ... but they probably waiting to find the body before any arrest is made ..

MOO ...

Myself, I just can't get past the not checking for so many hours...with so many adults and two babies. If they were upstairs, was there a gate to keep them from falling if they should get out of bed somehow? Was there a monitor, of which we have not heard of such existence? Do people really put babies in a room and close the door for 12+ hours without being able to monitor them these days? Baffling to me, to say the least, especially for a parent unused to having a child for very long and for another young mother to be in the home as well as a grandmother.

I am more obsessed with the possible text message than anything else right now...if there was one, it should have led a trail right to the culprit, which does not appear to be the case. He mentioned that LE had "transcripts" from his phone, which sounded odd, but maybe he meant the wording of text messages. If so, why can't LE track down who sent them? And why would TR mention the texts if she sent them? All very confusing, but hoping LE knows much more. Still, the statement indicating "foul play" is telling and does not make me think "kidnapping" or "abduction by a relative" as much as worse options.

Agree about the texts, I know you've said it a few times and I think you're right; why wouldn't they be tracking that? One thing, the only one who mentioned the text was TR saying JD told her about it before Ayla disappeared, but still. If it's true I hope LE is following up on it, they could have and just not saying anything, or it could be that it was sent anonymously, which is possible with a computer. I too wish we knew more about this because if true you're right it would be a direct link right to what happened.

Ayla is certainly a beautiful little girl--enigmatic smile and gorgeous eyes! It appears that the website is being run by Trista and her family. Trista's e-mail is one of the two contacts listed. I sincerely hope and pray that Ayla is brought home to her family soon. On another note, put some curls in her blonde hair, and she bears a striking resemblance to my two year old son, (fourth and youngest child).

And I can not find if they stated who found her missing- dad or aunt? I find it hard to believe that two almost two year olds would sleep past 8am. I'm thinking more along the 7am up and at em timeframe. So if Ayla gets tangled, chokes, aunt or dad get up at 7am find her deceased, that gives them two hours to panic and hide the body. Just another scenario based on the sling being missing- no other facts since we are not privy to events at the home.

I have wondered if something like that took place. Like she fell on the stairs or
choked on something. But I believe that LE used cadaver dogs. Does anyone know if that is so?

I don't know that they did in the house, but I know as part of the search efforts which may or may not have included the outside areas right around the house but one would think it did.

I still am on the fence about there being an upstairs, still doesn't look to be enough room to me. I've searched over and over where the idea of the two girls being upstairs came from and just can't find it. anyone know?

Someone posted a link today of a mention of use of cadaver dogs in the home...of course we were not advised if they had any "hits". Even if they did, the house might be returned as it was in the Irwin case, so we can't judge the house to be totally off-bounds as a possible crime scene just because it was returned to the owners.

Respectfully, the most affordable places to rent--whether it be a hotel, apartment, or house--are generally located in the most questionable areas of a particular town or city. I personally am not going to assume that anyone is a drug addict, alcoholic, or anything else based on where they live and/or their poverty level. I know some wonderful drug-free people who live in such places. I also know of substance abusers who live in the nicest suburbs. I don't know anything about Justin's previous lifestyle or history either, and I would not judge him based on that. Again, I don't have any evidence in front of me that leads me to believe that Trista's mother, father, and/or sister were not helping her with both of her children from day one. If you do have such concrete information, please provide a link or reputable source. Otherwise, in my opinion, it is just unsubstantiated rumor.

I can only go on what I would do if my kid were coming out of rehab. I have kids that same age. If one of them were coming out of rehab,newly sober, then I would not let them live alone in a seedy motel room, in a dangerous neighborhood, alone with their baby. And it bothers me that she was in that position. I am not judging her, just speculating about her family dynamics. And because she has so loudly voiced her opinion about the father, i think it is fair to look at her situation as well.

I think that if justin had a history of substance abuse or violence or jail, then we would have been told that by the reynolds family. imo

But I doubt that grandma is very old. JDP is only in his early 20's. His mom would be in her 40's ,or her 50's at the most. But who knows anymore.

All I know is my son and his gf left me their cat while they went to see her family for N Years weekend, and i checked on that kitty a zillion timers to make sure my doggies did not injure him. LOL [ both my dogs have scratches on their snouts but kitty is just fine.]

:) grandma is in her early 40s so I wouldn't think it was an issue either. And I do the same as you katydid- check, double-check, triple check and if there were webcams when my kids were little it would have been on while they slept and I still would have gotten up because I wasn't sure if there chest was going up or down and they were still breathing. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361