FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to get ugly QUICK! More and more people showing up. They are expecting thousands at the "peaceful" rally tonite at 7... Had to move locations because they were expecting more people.

And why is Al sharpton waiting until DARK to have this protest?

Don't get me wrong. I agree we need to see justice, but I am very afraid of what this can turn into .

GZ injuries were noted in the report. Blood on the back of his head and a bloody nose, you're right, not pretty at all.

I've never seen what a shot from a Kel-Tec 9 mm pistol can do to a person but I imagine that's not pretty either.

Blood on his head and nose, did police bother to test to see if it was Tray's blood?

Are there hospital reports or do the SPD on the scene do medical tests too?

Yes I would imagine that being shot from a 9 mm would cause a lot of damage, and a lot of blood, there's no way if they were that close that Tray's blood wouldn't have been all over GZ. Witnesses said that GZ was straddling Tray, there would definitely have been blood transfer on his hands and elsewhere on his body.

JMHO

On Anderson, the CNN legal analyst spoke about the First Aggressor Exception. Someone spoke about this the other night.

There have been quite a few legal analysts who spoke about an exception being who was the aggressor.

I truly believe, especially that given the past history of that department, that they thought that very night that it would all just go away, and this unknown black kid who MUST HAVE BEEN up to no good would just be another statistic.

They closed the case before it even started. That's where the outrage is.

JMHO

If you follow someone to ask them question, is that in itself an act of aggression?

The crowd is yelling " I am Trayvon, I am Trayvon" Seems that there is one lady starting the chants, and then others join in.

Police chief "TEMPORARILY" resigns!!! He should be FIRED imoimo

Agreed.

I'll bet it is not temporary.

I'll bet it is. I think he thinks he will satisfy some of the outraged nation by this maneuver. Why resign? We simply want an arrest. A temporary resignation is not going to satisfy the public. He avoids having to do the right thing by temporarily stepping down.

Has that neighbor ever called the police to report a white person walking around in the neighborhood? You are basing the one incident your son was involved in to say it was based on race. What was the race of the neighbor who made the call?

Black people get the cops called on them ALL the time for just walking down the street. If her son was doing nothing but walking, it's a safe assumption to make that the police were called simply due to the color of his skin.

You know, there has been study after study that indicates people of color, especially black people, are treated and perceived differently, regardless of how they present themselves or how they are dressed. Yet I keep hearing this assumption/inference, mostly by white people, that black people are paranoid, they cry "racism" too much, for anything, and use it as a divisive excuse.

Sure, there are a few people who will use the cry of racism falsely and to their advantage, but black people and other minorities experience overt and subtle discrimination every.single.day. I have seen it and heard it numerous times.

I just don't understand the defensive, passionate attempts to prove that what black folks experience is a figment of their imaginations. It's a reality that is borne out by study after study, statistic after statistic and experience after experience. Walk a mile.[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DOrOPdNz3U"]Black & Dangerous (Part 1 of 4): Black Male Stereotypes & Weapons Detection - YouTube[/ame]
What the video is about:
A Stanford University Psychologist addresses the Harvard University Law School where she describes several experiments that suggest White males & police officers subconsciously perceive Black Males as criminal and less than human. The results provide evidence of a strong automatic bidirectional association between Blacks & Crime. The image of a Black male can trigger unconscious thoughts of crime and thinking of crime can trigger unconscious thoughts of Black people. The simple presence of a Black Male may unknowingly cause thoughts of crime and violence attributed to that person.

I do think it is significant that TM told his girlfriend he wasn't going to run but was walking very fast to get away from this man. If TM saw the gun he may have been afraid to run for fear he would get shot in the back. From TM's conversation he wanted to just get away from this man because he was afraid. The fact that a witness heard cries and a call for help verifies TM was afraid for his life. If GZ had listen to LE's instructions and waited for LE to get there this would have never happened. A case of mistaken identity, a person with no authority trying to take the law into his owns hands leads to an innocent person being killed. It never should have happened and would not have happened if GZ had just listened to his instructions. His responsibility ended with a call to police. GZ obviously felt no danger because he never called 911, he called the regular call number to report a suspicion. Whatever actions he took after that are his own and he should be held accountable. jmo

<wishes that wesh guy would figure out that his mic IS working, and stop testing it out. GRRR

I do not need to know the extent of Zimmerman's injuries. Trayvon was 17 years old, 140 pounds; Zimmerman was 28 years old, weighed at least 240 pounds and was also carrying a 9 mm semi-automatic gun so exactly what did Trayvon do to him? Flog him upside the head a couple of times with the bag of Skittles? Give me a break!

Lets please be real here. We are discussing on another thread how one teenaged girl killed another in a physical fight without any guns involved. So it's possible to do damage without any weapons present.

Sure, there are a few people who will use the cry of racism falsely and to their advantage, but black people and other minorities experience overt and subtle discrimination every.single.day. I have seen it and heard it numerous times.

I just don't understand the defensive, passionate attempts to prove that what black folks experience is a figment of their imaginations. It's a reality that is borne out by study after study, statistic after statistic and experience after experience. Walk a mile.

respectfully snipped

I'm not African American but I can clearly see that it exists, and it still exists and this case reeks of it.

ETA: I do think it's great that there are so many non African Americans who are just as outraged.

JMHO

Anyone have a link to what they are showing off camera on Wesh?? Something is going on, but cameras are not showing it!

I do think it is significant that TM told his girlfriend he wasn't going to run but was walking very fast to get away from this man. If TM saw the gun he may have been afraid to run for fear he would get shot in the back. From TM's conversation he wanted to just get away from this man because he was afraid. The fact that a witness heard cries and a call for help verifies TM was afraid for his life. If GZ had listen to LE's instructions and waited for LE to get there this would have never happened. A case of mistaken identity, a person with no authority trying to take the law into his owns hands leads to an innocent person being killed. It never should have happened and would not have happened if GZ had just listened to his instructions. His responsibility ended with a call to police. GZ obviously felt no danger because he never called 911, he called the regular call number to report a suspicion. Whatever actions he took after that are his own and he should be held accountable. jmo
None of the witnesses can say with any degree of certainty which one of the two was screaming. And one of the witnesses (it was posted on the thread somewhere) seem to suggest it was in fact Zimmerman that was screaming.

I am sad to see that racism is alive and well in the state of Florida. As a White European, who's ancestors were kicked out of England for religious reasons, I find this disgusting.

This shooter needs to be held accountable and jailed for Murder in the First Degree - period.

MOO - thanks.

Melanie

Interesting. Classmates of Trayvon, walked out of class today and swarmed Miami demanding justice.

This is now focusing on race. "Stop killing our black men" being chanted over and over.

I wanna give a shout out to all our guests! Register, and become part of the conversation! We would love to hear from you!

From the 911 calls no one saw the whole encounter up to the actual shooting.One person did say the man with the red shirt was being attacked, if GZ had on a red shirt and police talked to that witness who was only one from the calls to even see that much.The last caller said she saw 2 men wrestling IIRC she also said GZ was cuffed and put into a squad car.The cuffs were on him IMO I do not believe they would have been taken off till he was at headquarters being questioned.We need to remember that when something happens like this sometimes people want to help after the fact.The people who called 911 were trying to do the right thing and help.IMO Some people do add more to the story after the fact,even if they did not see it.In my neighborhood my sons best friend was killed by a school bus driver.I witnessed the complete accident it was totally her fault she kicked up a sandstorm as she sped down our street.She killed a 7yr old boy because she was speeding,she also was upset with the handicap child she had slammed into his seat because he kept undoing his seat beat.I saw her and heard her yelling at him she took off like a manic.Neighbor's who lived down the block came out and acted like it was the 7yr old s fault lied to police. I went to court as a witness because I was the only one who did in fact witness it.They did nothing to the bus driver,she was on her same route the next morning riding over the stain from his blood in the street.

This is now focusing on race. "Stop killing our black men" being chanted over and over.

Well ya have to wonder if the killer shot a white stock broker would we be having this discussion. I don't think so....

Moo only - thanks.

Mel

I agree, for the reasons he stated. He's become a distraction, the situation is becoming dangerously volatile (IMHO) and it's time to lessen the furor.

I still think we all need a lot more information before insisting some man gets arrested. I don't think whether to arrest someone is usually done by popularity poll when the respondents have no idea what the evidence is.

Where would that additional information come from? I am curious. Because without all this furor, the Martin family would have NO information. the only reason anyone has any information at all about this case can be traced to the furor.

As to popularity poll being a reason to arrest someone, I don't see that as the case here. I see the reason to arrest GZ as he shot an unarmed teen to death who was guilty of nothing besides walking down the street and PERHAPS attempting to defend himself against GZ.

Do you honestly not see that if we and others who are watching this case were not here doing just that, the SPD would have already put this matter to bed without ever truly investigating it based on their very own "popularity poll" in which apparently GZ came out the winner?

AL sharpton talking now! Parents are there. ANNOUNCEMENTS BEING MADE

Zimmerman is very well protected by Fl self-defense law (despite what people who wrote it now say). If he is considered an aggressor, he would not be protected-but for that they would have to prove he is the one that started the fight. There are no witnesses as far as I can tell that can prove it one way or the other. And authorities don't seem to think that they can consider him following Trayvon an act of aggression in itself. So what exactly should be done in this situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow