OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still dwelling on that dog issue, too. I have made, notably, not one inch of progress in my reasoning about it - and yet I dwell!

You and me alike, my friend!

Who put the dog in the truck, and when? And who's got the keys, anyway??

So.....

- A truck was found on a mountain in Latimer County OK, without the person to whom it was registered inside of it.

- The truck was registered to Bobby Jamison.

- Bobby Jamison suffered from a debilitating back injury

- Bobby Jamison was on prescription pain medication

- Bobby Jamison was married to Sherilyn Jamison, who is also missing

- Madyson Jamison was Sherilyn and Bobby Jamison's daughter. She is also missing

- A dog was found in the abandoned vehicle registered to Bobby Jamison. The dog is alive and well today.

- A cell phone, a wallet, a purse, and a whole bunch of money (in cash) was found in the vehicle.

okay, guys....I fully admit that I am dense! But I absolutely cannot comprehend how it would benefit anyone if Madysen were still alive....how could she ever collect on the will if she had been "taken"? Please explain it to me as I am totally at a loss here. This scenario really never entered my mind....and I need someone to spell it out for me! Thanks!

okay, guys....I fully admit that I am dense! But I absolutely cannot comprehend how it would benefit anyone if Madysen were still alive....how could she ever collect on the will if she had been "taken"? Please explain it to me as I am totally at a loss here. This scenario really never entered my mind....and I need someone to spell it out for me! Thanks!

This is what I don't get either (but I'm not gonna admit that I'm dense)! :snooty:

To me, the only reason Madyson might be the only survivor would be if she were forcibly taken in some bizarre child-kidnapping incident, and then kept to be raised by the kidnappers(s) as their own child - or perhaps kidnapped then sold to adoptive parents. There would seem to be easier ways of acquiring a child, though, than luring a family into the San Bois mountain region.

I'm completely dense also, everyone ;)
Which only adds to my confusion, because so much of this estate has already been disbursed... but Madyson is still 'just' missing.
So maybe just bad legal work?

To me, the only reason Madyson might be the only survivor would be if she were forcibly taken in some bizarre child-kidnapping incident, and then kept to be raised by the kidnappers(s) as their own child - or perhaps kidnapped then sold to adoptive parents. There would seem to be easier ways of acquiring a child, though, than luring a family into the San Bois mountain region.

Do you think Madyson would be more likely the only survivor if a family member/friend/loved one did something to Bobby and Sherilyn?
I do.

I'm completely dense also, everyone ;)
Which only adds to my confusion, because so much of this estate has already been disbursed... but Madyson is still 'just' missing.
So maybe just bad legal work?

[BBM]

What?! "Bad legal work"? In OKLAHOMA?? Surely you jest, lololol. One thing about corruption - anything can happen, or already has.

Do you think Madyson would be more likely the only survivor if a family member/friend/loved one did something to Bobby and Sherilyn?
I do.

Not really. I would think that, morally, those who would kill the parents would also kill the child. Otherwise, there's a witness, and one old enough to remember events.

Not really. I would think that, morally, those who would kill the parents would also kill the child. Otherwise, there's a witness, and one old enough to remember events.

I had this conversation with a friend earlier today and on the one hand, I totally agree.

On the other...I am hung up on the dog, lol.

I think a child might not remember events exactly as they occurred, if they were told something different and those events were not visible to them at the time.

Unless a family member took Madyson & figured they'd hide her out til her grandfather died (he hadn't died at time of family vanishing), at which time, they would (miraculously) produce the child & collect on the will. They'd have no way of knowing that the $ would already be dispersed.

Or unless this has nothing to do with her grandfathers money, but... other money?

Omg, I am beating my head against the wall.

The trashed Ford, btw? No missing persons associated with, nor any stolen parts.

I hope you don't mind me chiming in here. I just finished catching up on all of the posts and threads on this case and for many threads now I have felt a lot of similarities to things my own family and I did when I was a child. A lot of things actually made good sense to me.

We lived out in the boonies most of my growing up years. We owned big trucks just like that and we did a lot of 4wheeling and backwoods driving. Some similarities are...

My parents kept valuables and money inside the truck locked up in the center console. Something many other people we knew in the boonies did. So the money being found didn't shock me.

By the looks of the mud covered truck (and GPS info you have linked to) they had already been doing a lot of driving that day. They had a 6 year old child with them. You can bet that little girl had to eventually take a potty break. Something my sister and I did quit often while out like that. In fact my parents kept TP in the truck. Small bladders and rocky roads don't mix.

I feel the family stepped out of the truck to look at property and take their little girl on a potty break. When my family and I did this we always...
1. Left everything of value and loose safe inside the truck.
(wallets, purses, coats that could get in the way)
2. Left the dog in the truck.
3. Locked the truck and took the keys.
So many times my mom even left her shoes.

Why? You don't want to be wandering around or trying to use the bathroom in the woods with purses, coats etc.. You are going to keep everything in a safe place, the truck. You also don't want to have to try to keep track of the dog and risk him being lost. Lastly, you are going to lock it just in case anyone ventures down the road and gets nosy.

So for the truck to found in that way told me they purposely left the truck. It was not strange to me. If they where getting in another vehicle they would have taken phones and purses. If it was a surprise, I don't think the truck would have been locked.

Also, (via the reports in the threads) the truck and family were seen by people before they went missing and the truck seen for many days after. If anyone else was in the area near this family I would think they would have been seen and reported, right? :waitasec:

So say they left the truck and wandered... with the terrain, weather, the mines and animal activity the possibility of getting lost and perishing is so high. I can't tell you how much that was stuffed down my throat as a child and we lived in a less rugged/dangerous area. There was so many rules you needed to follow.

Now we have news coming out about mental issues with the family. If there was mental issues going on I could see how this would make it more difficult. If you don't have the right frame of mind and sense about you, you are in more danger of getting lost. And getting hurt. You have to have your wits about you before you venture into the wilderness.

I feel the mass delay in the truck being reported completely removed any chance at finding them. It's impossible to stay alive out there for that long. Especially if they fell down a shaft or was injured.

I also feel (apologies to anyone this may bother) the animal activity dealt with any remains left before searches even started and this is why they haven't been found.

Again this is just my own thoughts and nothing more. My heart and hopes go out to this family. I will never give up hope that something extremely strange happened and they are actually alive and well someplace. :rose:

Hi Mandy .

That does sound very possible and could have been what happened. Except where is the briefcase? I doubt they had cell service out there so it would have been pointless anyway.

The problem I have with the truck is the tires are caked in dryed on,all the way arround the wheel mud. I am truck person who grew up arround that whole 4x4 scene as well and I am pretty sure they went in while the mud was wet and never hit the pavement again to sling it off. It actualy looks like that truck was drove in a redmud hole to the point of the tires spinning in it to coat it all the way arround or that truck was drove in there or arround that lot in the rain and parked. Mud once dry will crack off of the tires in clumps once moved and wet mud slings off the tire.They only way it would be coated like that is if it was parked where it got muddy and not moved or if it was raining when they drove inthe lot not allowing the mud to dry out , pavement would have cleared off the ground contacting surface. There is no way those tires did not get that muddy at the location.IMO

Welcome mandy!
Thanks for a thoughtful 1st post.
I do understand what you are saying. But I am having a tough time seeing them wandering around for such a distance that they would get lost, to be honest. Like, lost lost. The place where the pic of Madyson was taken is kind of oddly up this hill without a scenic view. So I can't see them just trekking up there for no purpose, you know? It just seems kind of....random? And if they did get lost, they likely would not have perished for several days- in fact, it would more likely take a week- unless injured. So it seems like SAR would have found them.
Idk.
I change my mind about 50 times daily, considering all of the info in this case.

Thank you for your insight!

Hi Mandy .

That does sound very possible and could have been what happened. Except where is the briefcase? I doubt they had cell service out there so it would have been pointless anyway.

The problem I have with the truck is the tires are caked in dryed on,all the way arround the wheel mud. I am truck person who grew up arround that whole 4x4 scene as well and I am pretty sure they went in while the mud was wet and never hit the pavement again to sling it off. It actualy looks like that truck was drove in a redmud hole to the point of the tires spinning in it to coat it all the way arround or that truck was drove in there or arround that lot in the rain and parked. Mud once dry will crack off of the tires in clumps once moved and wet mud slings off the tire.They only way it would be coated like that is if it was parked where it got muddy and not moved or if it was raining when they drove inthe lot not allowing the mud to dry out , pavement would have cleared off the ground contacting surface. There is no way those tires did not get that muddy at the location.IMO

Soul-
I know what you're saying. I think the truck may have slid or something, was moved a little bit and then parked. While the mud was still wet- just by the tire tracks. What do you make of that?
I'm NOT a truck person, lol. Although we have one, and we also have a lot of red mud. ;)
Also- there is some cell service on the mountain, mostly poor. But still some.

Even though I've only been following missing person cases for a year, this case has me the most baffled. As Oriah states, I change my mind numerous times, daily.

My initial feelings when learning about this case was voluntary disappearance by the family. But, then,I think they'd have to be criminal masterminds to set things up so well to pull this off & make it look like something nefarious happened to them. This is still what I lean towards, 'tho.

My 2nd choice is they stumbled upon drug activity or were there to score & were murdered to not have any witnesses after their $ was stolen from them.

Based on certain evidence, the other scenarios are also very possible.

There are so many details that throw off all the scenarios, e.g. the dog, Madyson's dyed hair, the possibly staged photos, the $, the vehicles, etc.

This case has me completely baffled! Not to mention that it is a family missing!

<My initial feelings when learning about this case was voluntary disappearance by the family. But, then,I think they'd have to be criminal masterminds to set things up so well to pull this off & make it look like something nefarious happened to them. >

I am soooo with you on this.
I don't think they are/were criminal masterminds. Seems like there are a few people out there that are? But not many.
And I don't think the Jamisons were one of the few.

I still think it was raining when the truck was drove in for the last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth