Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 1 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
State Police Forensics Teams from Michigan are pouring over the two vehicles owned by Douglas Stewart, who remains a person of interest in the abduction of his wife, Venus, from a home in St. Joseph County. A copy of the search warrant says they want to test for dirt, plant material, or any other evidence that shows the truck was driven to Michigan recently.

They are also looking for blood, hair, or other signs it may have been used for an abduction. They also want to compare tire treads on the Dodge Ram with plaster casts of tracks left in a field near the Colon Township home where Venus Stewart was staying with her parents. Her father, Larry McComb, says that he may have been stalking her and snatched her when she came out to put mail in the mailbox.

A woman who lives in the neighborhood says she saw a pickup, roughly matching the description of Stewart’s crew cab, parked in that field that morning, with a man crouching down behind it. Doug Stewart says he has no knowledge of her disappearance, and was in Virginia when it happened. He says he hopes police find her alive for the sake of their children.

MORE: http://www.wkzo.com/news/articles/2010/may/06/search-continues-missing-woman/

Is the crouching man the same description as the one above?

the only description from crouching man i heard was a white male...

It's this kind of wildly opinionated rhetoric with no factual basis that really loses me in some of the comments in this thread.

So now, people are not allowed to own two cars or they are a jerk? Maybe she couldn't afford to make payments on them? Maybe she didn't want to drive with 2 small children all the way to Michigan? Maybe she got picked up by her parents? Maybe she flew home? Just the fact that she has 2 children to take care of and he has 2 cars does not provide a whole lot of damning evidence or proof of anything relating to him being a jerk in my opinion.

"just the facts, ma'am"
BBM.

As I stated, I don't know for sure if she had a vehicle. We do know he has two. I would think that (as he is the father of those two small children) she would have one of the cars (IF, she didn't have one of her own). If he didn't offer her a car to use, then I think it does provide damning information about his "jerk status", but that's JMO.

Maybe I am old fashioned but, even if she couldn't pay on one of the vehicles...he (being the father of the children) should have given her a car to use anyway. Both children are very young.

We know nothing about why he has two cars or if she might have three cars...the only issue here is where his two cars were at the time of the abduction...

We know nothing about why he has two cars or if she might have three cars...the only issue here is where his two cars were at the time of the abduction...
BBM.

There are many issues "here". The father, his history of abuse, his behavior patterns past and present....there are lots of issues here for discussion.

On the subject of DS still in possession of both vehicles, just could mean that VS called someone to help her (& the kids) leave VA in a hurry. Afraid to even chance taking a vehicle from the property.

From what I can remember in the beginning, DS & VS lived in MI until he was transferred to another State. With their background of "Drama", I'm guessing that once they moved away from family & friends things got a bit too scary(other than her claims of sexual abuse on their daughter) and this is why VS & the girls moved back to MI.

There is a lot of twists & turns we can "guess" on here. Did she write out the Will to be part of her "Plan" to get back at DS? Could the oldest girl have raced to the door to ask her Mom something and accidentally saw what was going on to her Mom...hence all the loud noise the Father was talking about waking him up? OR......

My gut feeling is still saying that it was a hired person. Or, it could just be gas from that Taco I ate days ago.

I hope they find VS & the person they believe took her soon.

With such a violent and contentious history on both parts, I can see him not wanting to give her one of the vehicles... and her not wanting to take it.

Dad finds handwritten letter from Venus

Allegations against estranged husband made

Updated: Thursday, 06 May 2010, 5:03 PM EDT
Published : Thursday, 06 May 2010, 5:03 PM EDT

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) - As the investigation into the disappearance of Venus Stewart continues, a handwritten letter alleging her estranged husband was involved in inappropriate touching with their children surfaced.

24 Hour News 8 obtained a copy of the handwritten notes by Venus Stewart detailing her daughter's story. According to the letter, her daughter told Venus about the incident in February 2010.

The letter was provided by Larry McComb, Venus' father. He also said February is when Venus left her husband, Douglas, and moved in with the McCombs in Colon Township.

The Schoolcraft police department investigated the claims made in the letter. The Kalamazoo County prosecutor's office told 24 Hour News 8 no charges were filed against Douglas Stewart because there was "insufficient evidence."

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Dad-finds-handwritten-letter-from-Venus

?

Didn't the police search their house and through her stuff? Where was this letter found? And did the father turn it over to the police? Strange he'd call the media...

Also:

The Schoolcraft police department investigated the claims made in the notes. The Kalamazoo County prosecutor's office told 24 Hour News 8 no charges were filed against Douglas Stewart because there was "insufficient evidence."

That's a bit confusing. They were living in VA in February. Why would Schoolcraft police investigate this?

?

Didn't the police search their house and through her stuff? Where was this letter found? And did the father turn it over to the police? Strange he'd call the media...

Also:

That's a bit confusing. They were living in VA in February. Why would Schoolcraft police investigate this?
IDK, maybe he has already shown the letter to LE and that is part of the reason for the children being in hiding ?

I don't understand why Michigan would be investigating this, unless it happened before they moved to VA (while they were living in MI).

I don't understand why Michigan would be investigating this, unless it happened before they moved to VA (while they were living in MI).

Not possible.

"According to the letter, her daughter told Venus about the incident in February 2010"

Something doesn't add up here...

ETA: neither set of grandparents live in Schoolcraft, so the county would have jurisdiction. This is strange. When did they move to VA ?

Not possible.

"According to the letter, her daughter told Venus about the incident in February 2010"

Something doesn't add up here...
Yes, it does say she told Venus about it in Feb, but maybe the incident happened before that (when they were living in MI). That's the only thing I can figure.

Yes, it does say she told Venus about it in Feb, but maybe the incident happened before that (when they were living in MI). That's the only thing I can figure.

Ok I see what you mean; I edited above. Any idea when they moved to VA? Did they live in Schoolcraft? Without going on a search, I believe those Williamsburg videos were from '08?

Court records show the Stewarts were married in 2002 and lived in Schoolcraft before moving to Newport News together in 2009. Venus Stewart and her two daughters moved back to Michigan in February, according to documents contained in court filings.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/04/missing_st_joseph_county_woman_1.html

Thanks. I guess that's it then; something happened prior to 2009. They're 5 and 3. I don't know... I really hope for the children's sake that this came from them and pray pray pray that they weren't coached in any manner. God, those poor girls. Either way --- whether father molested them or mother coached to get back at father --- they've been victimized.

Yes, lots of accusations before this abduction ever happened...I am wondering about the timing of the Feb 2010 write-up on the supposed incident of abuse...was this when they were in midst of most recent custody battle, as she has been listed as having won temporary custody? Sadly, this has become a not infrequent claim by one parent vs. another in custody disputes and this couple seemed to have made allegations against one another all the time. The allegation alone could have won her temporary custody while it was investigated.
At this point, seeing how ex appears to be the only suspect, I am feeling pretty confident it will all come out...if one of his vehicles was used in abduction, there should be something there that should not be or the tire impressions will be a match. LE seems to be all over him. I don't think he will shake loose if guilty, unless he is far smarter or luckier than many before him. I know LE has a hard time making a case in some missing wife cases, but at least these guys seem to be on it from the start.

Ok I see what you mean; I edited above. Any idea when they moved to VA? Did they live in Schoolcraft? Without going on a search, I believe those Williamsburg videos were from '08?

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Dad-finds-handwritten-letter-from-Venus

If Schoolcraft police investigated this it had to be when they were all living in Schoolcraft.

Furthermore, if Schoolcraft police investigated Venus Stewart's alledged allegations and found they were baseless (which appears to be the case since Doug Stewart wasn't charged with anything) than this is just the parents trying to stir up sentiment against DS. Besides that, it would appear the first "allegation of abuse" was apparently made by DS against Venus' father if part of the subsequent investigation (for which these notes were made up) was to investigate whether or not an allegation against the father was false. What was the allegation against the grandfather?

Anybody following me here? Was the grandfather investigated by Schoolcraft Police? What is his criminal background if any? Wasn't he technically the last adult alone with her in the home?

This is not an accusation at all, just asking questions that seem relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member